what aspect shape is this?

This is a transit chart for june 5th and I'm very curious what shape this is? It's a grand cross with two extra squares! Ack!!!
Thanks so much
Elizabeth

Attachments

• june 5.jpg
    june 5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
My brain is getting sore trying to see what you describe lol I'm not used to thinking in these dimensions. Which is the natal square? Thank you! This will be an extremely important day for me and I want to be prepared.

Osamenor

Staff member
The chart on the inside is someone's natal chart, is it not?

Neither chart has a grand cross. But the natal chart has a square between Neptune and Saturn. The transit chart, on the outside, has a square between Neptune and Sun. Transiting Neptune is square natal Neptune and opposite natal Saturn, turning that aspect into a t-square by transit. Transiting Sun fills in the fourth spot, being square t-Neptune and n-Saturn and in opposition to n-Neptune. So, it's a grand cross by transit.

I see it! Thanks for the explanation. Yes, the transit and natal planets are positioned as you described. I expect a lot of tension on that day. Any thoughts on how to handle it or a higher vibration I can try to tap into? One thing I've heard about squares is that it's hard to see "around the corner." Maybe just trusting that the tension will pass can be enough to guide me. I'm moving back into an apartment with my ex and will try to get sole occupancy through the courts. I have a young daughter with him who lives in the apartment. It's sure to be tense. Astrology helps me have a "higher perspective" on my personal dramas and I'm in need of that for sure!
By the way I was told by an astrologer that I have a grand cross in my natal chart with the moon's nodes, uranus and moon. Do you not consider this to be a grand cross?

Osamenor

Staff member
By the way I was told by an astrologer that I have a grand cross in my natal chart with the moon's nodes, uranus and moon. Do you not consider this to be a grand cross?

No, because the nodes are points, not planets. It takes planets to make a complex aspect pattern such as a grand cross.

Arguably, it's still a grand cross if one of the points is a non-planet point, such as a node. Functions a little differently from a grand cross made entirely of planets, but still there. But if two of the points are not planets, then there's no real case for it being a grand cross.