Human existence: the gender of God

leomoon

Ref: Matthew 17:
Verse

New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And your point being? :unsure:

The same answer applies as I gave earlier, yes, it's Karma (the ultimate law) Jesus was referring to.

He also said he was not here to upset the 10 Commandments of Moses, for they were good but to add an 11th and even better one.

"Love your neighbors as yourselves"

Mark 10: Regards the Bill of Divorce (which btw, was a law that Moses instituted) and wrote and Jesus then commented on after being asked about it:

…4They answered, “Moses permitted a man to write his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away.” 5But Jesus told them, “Moses wrote this commandment for you because your hearts were hard.

Translation
"Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Do not think that I have come to revoke The Written Law or The Prophets; I am not come to revoke but to fulfill.

petosiris

Banned
And your point being?

He refers to the five books of Moses and the other books of the ''Old Testament'' so-called.

If you agree with such obvious interpretation of Matthew 5:17-18 held by anyone with a modicum of respect for the Hebraic context of the gospels, I promise I will explain to the best of my abilities, his teaching and commandments that seem to contradict Matthew 5:17-18. But I can't feed you meat if you still need milk. :smile:

leomoon

Thanks for the explanation of the :s in the Gospel testaments, but it doesn't change my mind one iota. Its interesting however to know, but I knew already that Rabbis always argue intellectually various possibilities, etc. Thats likely why they enjoyed talking with Jesus in the Temple when he separated himself from his family.

I very much enjoyed watching "Fiddler on the Roof"

This too: The Rabbi -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvlM1SyHgE&feature=emb_logo

Fiddler on the Roof

https://www.quotes.net/movies/fiddler_on_the_roof_3900https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=rabbi+quotes+in+fiddler+on+the+roof#
Rabbi's Son: Moses said that. Tevye: Ah. Well, as King David said, "I am slow of speech, and slow of tongue.". Rabbi's Son: That was also Moses. Tevye: For a man who was slow of speech he talked a lot

leomoon

He refers to the five books of Moses and the other books of the ''Old Testament'' so-called.

If you agree with such obvious interpretation of Matthew 5:17-18 held by anyone with a modicum of respect for the Hebraic context of the gospels, I promise I will explain to the best of my abilities, his teaching and commandments that seem to contradict Matthew 5:17-18. But I can't feed you meat if you still need milk. :smile:

Thanks, but no thanks as I don't "feel" the need. However, please keep in mind, Jesus was one who enjoyed a very wide perspective, (no one could box him in with trite remarks for example, whether Herod, or Pilate) he held his own.
He did this by "his own counsel" and not by the counsel of others.

I think most people don't realize this nor even care. Thats probably why he felt it urgent to let people know HE could see into the future, (our probable one of mankind), and warned that there would be many false prophets who "thought" they knew it all.....He warned, "don't listen to them". So I don't, and prefer my own counsel.

Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened for you. –Luke 11:9

petosiris

Banned
Thanks for the explanation of the :s in the Gospel testaments, but it doesn't change my mind one iota. Its interesting however to know, but I knew already that Rabbis always argue intellectually various possibilities, etc. Thats likely why they enjoyed talking with Jesus in the Temple when he separated himself from his family.

I very much enjoyed watching "Fiddler on the Roof"

This too: The Rabbi -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvlM1SyHgE&feature=emb_logo

Fiddler on the Roof

https://www.quotes.net/movies/fiddler_on_the_roof_3900https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=rabbi+quotes+in+fiddler+on+the+roof#
Rabbi's Son: Moses said that. Tevye: Ah. Well, as King David said, "I am slow of speech, and slow of tongue.". Rabbi's Son: That was also Moses. Tevye: For a man who was slow of speech he talked a lot

Yes, it is true that Rabbis loved teaching and having arguments, and of course Jesus Christ himself was a Rabbi. There is much to be learned from the Pharisees, but there is also leaven, of which we were warned by Jesus and his apostle who was a Pharisee - Matthew 16:6, 1 Tim. 1:4, 4:7, 6:4, 2 Tim. 2:23, Titus 1:14, 3:9. It was this leaven I was going to try to explain to you, and it is this leaven that was refuted in Matthew 5 and Matthew 19:8, not the Law, which is made perfect by the teaching of the Lord Jesus Messiah.

Opal

Premium Member
Thats an interesting observation Opal. I have a wonderful young neighbor about 35, mom of 2 little children, a girl Ava age 5 and boy she named after the Bible patriarch Samuel (called Sammy) age 1. :innocent: :smile:

Thanks LeoMoon, I have met a lot of religious people that I like too. We were almost murdered by a preacher that picked us up hitchhiking years ago, he said, he had been to town running off all the sins before he returned home to his wife, family and flock. My husband was very perceptive, and in his observant gentle way, he saved us before he chalked up another sin before he went home to praise the Lord and be forgiven his sins by believing that Christ had died on the cross for his sins. Yeah. That's all it takes, do what you want, and say the words.

Her religions is absolutely everything to her, as dear almost, I'd say as her children are or her marriage is.

Its a wonderful life thus far for them, and I pray it continues to be so without tragedies entering.

She and I have had "religious discussions" before, for some reason, she wants to be near me a lot (until Covid 19 separated us)....much like a tender daughters I never had. BUT, she truly is dedicated to that religion and the beliefs she shares with "believers".

I wish her well.

I have a beautiful old SS necklace of a large image of Jesus pendant with the crown of thorns I want to give her as soon as I can locate it. I tend to put things away that are special tome, (it was my mother's) ...and now I hid it so well......well, you know the rest of this story.:whistling: I'll find it, and she'll be happy I'm sure.

Sounds interesting, a SS heirloom. What metal was it made of?

Shes so sweet and kind to everyone, that I'd never want to rock her boat and hope that fate never does either as it can for many and turn a life upside down when you question even your faith. Depends on the tragedies that befall you I suppose. :sideways:

Tragedies, are a part of life. While I wish, that everyone could not have them, they happen, to everyone.

I knew a woman from Georgia, the deep south only by virtue of her writing online about losing her daughter suddenly without warning.

She too, although much older takes her bible quite literally. Her daughter died? under questionable means. I tried to help her in the only way I knew how at the time - to help find her daughter's body.
When one loses a child and cannot know where the body is, its the worse case because there is always an open question, no conclusion. Did the husband do this? Did she have a b.f. on the side? Was it suicide?

Sadly, I cannot even with so many charts, tell her for sure. I only see she's gone forever.

Very sad, I hope she can find closure.

But I did advance the idea of going inside, (as Jesus told everyone to do), not outside - but "in"....and perhaps her dreams will reveal what happened to her. She did and had many dreams which were helpful.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/col...-wife-kelli-cribbs-abad-still-missing-n942441

Are you aware of the mass murders that happened in Nova Scotia last weekend. Good people died. Bad rich denturist did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/23/nova-scotia-shooting-canada-new-details

petosiris

Banned
The Oral Law says that thinking of adultery wasn't a sin (for the penalty is for an actual one - contradicts Ex. 20:17), that you can divorce your wife for badly cooked food (for there isn't a commandment that forbids this), that you can break oaths in the name of heaven or the temple (for there is a commandment only for oaths in the name of the LORD), that you should always exact eye for an eye (contradicts Leviticus 19:18), that you should hate your enemies (contradicts Ex. 23:4-5, Proverbs 25:21).

Pharisees aren't strict keepers of the Law, they are blind guides who strain out a gnat but swallow a camel but who also tie up heavy burdens with their man-made commandments. It is the yoke and burden of Jesus that is easy and light who fulfills the law without adding or subtracting from it in any way - Deut. 4:2, Matthew 5:17.

And based on what I said above, I believe that the Apostles kept the spirit of the Law without wanting the circumcision of the Gentiles, or the keeping of days, or the abstaining from unclean meat, not out of hypocrisy, but as not to make a stumbling block to keep them from the Christ, and not to make evil and unrighteousness out of good and righteousness. For they keep the spirit of the Law, not the letter, and all their works will be made manifest at the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
467 × 525

Number 7

Fantasy is not a crime. There is no thought police yet.

Here is a literal translation of Ex. 20:17 by Robert Young - ''Thou dost not desire the house of thy neighbour, thou dost not desire the wife of thy neighbour, or his man-servant, or his handmaid, or his ox, or his ***, or anything which [is] thy neighbour's.'' Something that is done in fantasy is easily translated into reality as soon as Satan comes up with an opportunity.

Note that I said something concerning the Oral Law, which only Rabbinic Jews, the successors of the sect of the Pharisees, believe to be part of the Law of Moses.

Last edited:

leomoon

Are you aware of the mass murders that happened in Nova Scotia last weekend. Good people died. Bad rich denturist did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/23/nova-scotia-shooting-canada-new-details

I was looking at old photos from 2008, when we went to Israel on a side trip from Egypt for 5 days. It was jammed packed lots I wanted to see with a husband who had zero interest in Israel (because of it's political views)...so I understood, but that WAS the deal, i.e. "you go with me in 2008, and I'll go with you to Jordan in 2009, both sides trips off the main Egypt tour)....I swear that man was a Roman in past lives in both of these or all 3 of these countries. He must have been terribly impressed with Egypt, because he learned to speak the language fluently! :unsure::cool:

What a shock of a story about that preacher man you met!!! OMG, you can't be too careful in life can you?

REF:

Its Sterling Silver, a big chunky piece depicting the suffering Christ with crown of thorns. I'll find it, its here somewhere, perhaps I'll post a photo when I do find it. :whistling: I have so much of Egyptian, american Indians (Navajo, Hopi, Zuni tribes all), jewelry, that I must start divesting of it because out of 3 girls, none of them want my stuff. ...
PLUS all my mom's and some of his mother's...Most of the jewelry I simply sold off years ago for cash to travel when we first started to travel overseas. I'm not sorry either, travel is priceless!

I posted some of it ( jewelry) on this cover when I did this book years ago: lots of Indian pieces I love - but don't go out anymore very much to wear them ...Funny but when you hit your 70s, you start to let go of everything sometimes all at once. Remembering Jesus cautions about "stuff" only collects moths and robbers. :surprised:True enough!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014XAP3J0

I use to write a lot about victims of horrendous crimes in natal chart work but not so much anymore. I did hear about that crime however, so thanks for the link - I'll study it tomorrow.

I recall a few years ago two young men, (very young), driving all over Canada killing randomly were finally caught thanks to gas station photos.

Things people do to each other:pinched:

Here are a few of the photos I found to share:

My favorite place, Garden of Gethsemane: (closes promptly at 4:45PM) ...we just made it that day! long enough for just a few photos

This Olive Tree is said to be from the roots of an olive tree 2,000 years old, but who knows? They can be ancient, I was reading the other day one in Yosemite? or one of those parks is 1,000 yrs old at least.

And just taking it all in wishing there was more time

:love:

Here is Peter's mother in law house - (Ruins of course) in Capernaum - (far north, not too far from Nazareth and of course near the water (Sea of Galilee) which is called something else over there I forget the Jewish name

This ancient synagogue dates from about 100 A.D. but was destroyed by earthquake, so they rebuilt it, and its again, just ruins after so long weathered - you can walk here from St.Peter's House right across the dirt road easily enough - I suppose there is some mention of it in the New Testament, when Peter's mother in law was healed by Jesus. :surprised: I think someone or other was visiting that synogogue then.

I'll see IF I can find the video we once put on Youtube tomorrow. It would show a LOT more of the country of course quickly.

:biggrin:

leomoon

Here is the video from Israel. Not very long, we weren't there that long!:happy:
Israel & Bethlehem 2008 Video
4:19: Church of the Annunciation (in Nazareth); I loved this hilltop place, although I didn’t bother going into the church. I was too happy looking at all the outside mosaics sent here by children’s schools from all over the world on the outside courtyard you can see. I especially liked the one from the Coptic Church children in Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtqg4JXrcs&feature=youtu.be

4:59 - The Walls and fortress of the Islamic regime that captured the city in 638 A.D. has a Plaque named for [FONT=&quot]the saintly warrior [FONT=&quot]Omar[/FONT] Ibn [FONT=&quot]El Khattab[/FONT], who conquered [FONT=&quot]Jerusalem[/FONT] for Islam in a.d. 638[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Jaffa Gate:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jaffa Gate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Old City Wall was erected by order of the Ottomon-Turkish sultan Suleiman the Magnificent in 1538. Some stones used dated from 2,000 years ago. Some from the Hasmonean or Maccabees. Some from the Byzantine era as well the undressed stones of Crusader and medieval times. Stones used time and time again by successive civilizations all made up the wall and fortress. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
6:58 = Garden of Gethsemane rock, where it is said Jesus prayed “take this cross from me” and sweat blood.
7min. Garden of Gethsemane
7:13 Cesearea on the Sea (Mediterranean side) Roman ruins here
8:30 Bahai Gardens (northern direction near Nazareth) religion of the Persian Zoroaster is practiced by the Bab followers

8:43 our side trip to Bethlehem in Palestinian territory – Arafat photo as we enter the small city
Church of the Nativity (all faiths like Greek Orthodox, Coptic Christians, Russian Orthodox, etc are depicted here and have a section that is their’s) Its divided up in otherwords. Even the roof section is portioned off. We visit this 2,000 year old church some of it added onto since the time it was built by Emperor Constantine.

9:30 video mark – Church of the Nativity Jesus birth marked for the Emperor and the new faith as per his mother Queen Helena who was sent on an expedition to find these places and build a church everyplace Jesus had made significant. That is why the land is so full of churches everywhere :
The little place at the 9:30 mark in the video is the place they say the birth of Jesus was (see Star marked there) where the woman (and I) touch it - where the manger was said to be located that the baby was laid in. It’s highly doubtful of course , but we all behave as if it’s so…It’s a very revered place. It looks like a fireplace opening on the video…when you see it!

10:00 video mark: You see the evening lights as we leave our short excursion down the narrow winding main street of Bethlehem back into Israel. I wish we could have stayed longer or over night. I wanted to see the Shepherd’s Hill. Maybe never now as I can’t imagine I’ll ever be able to go back again.

10:13 – Masada near the Dead Sea…. After going up the lift to the top of Masada and visiting Herod’s seaside resort castle built for his 3rd or 4th wife and children (he never went here much)….we pass the Dead Sea and to the left is where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
(the Cave at 12:08 one of 4 caves which held the scrolls!) … I used the photo for my book cover about the Essenes who lived here 2,000 plus years ago!

We finish this video full of mud in the Dead Sea mud baths everyone just had to do. I’m in the blue chair waving like a fool :whistling:

Opal

Premium Member
Here is the video from Israel. Not very long, we weren't there that long!:happy:
Israel & Bethlehem 2008 Video
4:19: Church of the Annunciation (in Nazareth); I loved this hilltop place, although I didn’t bother going into the church. I was too happy looking at all the outside mosaics sent here by children’s schools from all over the world on the outside courtyard you can see. I especially liked the one from the Coptic Church children in Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtqg4JXrcs&feature=youtu.be

4:59 - The Walls and fortress of the Islamic regime that captured the city in 638 A.D. has a Plaque named for [FONT=&quot]the saintly warrior [FONT=&quot]Omar[/FONT] Ibn [FONT=&quot]El Khattab[/FONT], who conquered [FONT=&quot]Jerusalem[/FONT] for Islam in a.d. 638[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Jaffa Gate:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jaffa Gate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Old City Wall was erected by order of the Ottomon-Turkish sultan Suleiman the Magnificent in 1538. Some stones used dated from 2,000 years ago. Some from the Hasmonean or Maccabees. Some from the Byzantine era as well the undressed stones of Crusader and medieval times. Stones used time and time again by successive civilizations all made up the wall and fortress. [/FONT]
6:58 = Garden of Gethsemane rock, where it is said Jesus prayed “take this cross from me” and sweat blood.
7min. Garden of Gethsemane
7:13 Cesearea on the Sea (Mediterranean side) Roman ruins here
8:30 Bahai Gardens (northern direction near Nazareth) religion of the Persian Zoroaster is practiced by the Bab followers

8:43 our side trip to Bethlehem in Palestinian territory – Arafat photo as we enter the small city
Church of the Nativity (all faiths like Greek Orthodox, Coptic Christians, Russian Orthodox, etc are depicted here and have a section that is their’s) Its divided up in otherwords. Even the roof section is portioned off. We visit this 2,000 year old church some of it added onto since the time it was built by Emperor Constantine.

9:30 video mark – Church of the Nativity Jesus birth marked for the Emperor and the new faith as per his mother Queen Helena who was sent on an expedition to find these places and build a church everyplace Jesus had made significant. That is why the land is so full of churches everywhere :
The little place at the 9:30 mark in the video is the place they say the birth of Jesus was (see Star marked there) where the woman (and I) touch it - where the manger was said to be located that the baby was laid in. It’s highly doubtful of course , but we all behave as if it’s so…It’s a very revered place. It looks like a fireplace opening on the video…when you see it!

10:00 video mark: You see the evening lights as we leave our short excursion down the narrow winding main street of Bethlehem back into Israel. I wish we could have stayed longer or over night. I wanted to see the Shepherd’s Hill. Maybe never now as I can’t imagine I’ll ever be able to go back again.

10:13 – Masada near the Dead Sea…. After going up the lift to the top of Masada and visiting Herod’s seaside resort castle built for his 3rd or 4th wife and children (he never went here much)….we pass the Dead Sea and to the left is where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
(the Cave at 12:08 one of 4 caves which held the scrolls!) … I used the photo for my book cover about the Essenes who lived here 2,000 plus years ago!

We finish this video full of mud in the Dead Sea mud baths everyone just had to do. I’m in the blue chair waving like a fool :whistling:

What an enjoyable video. Thank you so much for sharing. It was nice to see you all muddied up!:happy:

Opal

Premium Member
I was looking at old photos from 2008, when we went to Israel on a side trip from Egypt for 5 days. It was jammed packed lots I wanted to see with a husband who had zero interest in Israel (because of it's political views)...so I understood, but that WAS the deal, i.e. "you go with me in 2008, and I'll go with you to Jordan in 2009, both sides trips off the main Egypt tour)....I swear that man was a Roman in past lives in both of these or all 3 of these countries. He must have been terribly impressed with Egypt, because he learned to speak the language fluently! :unsure::cool:

Wow! I think you are right, languages come difficult.

What a shock of a story about that preacher man you met!!! OMG, you can't be too careful in life can you?

I have had a lot of weird things happen with heavily Christian people. Personally and work related. Contracting you meet a large sector. They usually like to control all conversation. I like an exchange with people without the "you are one of the chosen, follow me". Seriously, I have had a lot of weird encounters.

REF:

Its Sterling Silver, a big chunky piece depicting the suffering Christ with crown of thorns. I'll find it, its here somewhere, perhaps I'll post a photo when I do find it. :whistling: I have so much of Egyptian, american Indians (Navajo, Hopi, Zuni tribes all), jewelry, that I must start divesting of it because out of 3 girls, none of them want my stuff. ...
PLUS all my mom's and some of his mother's...Most of the jewelry I simply sold off years ago for cash to travel when we first started to travel overseas. I'm not sorry either, travel is priceless!

:andy: I am stupid sometimes. I also work with metal sometimes.
So I think 925, or Ster, or Sterling as hallmarks. SS, I thought German.

I posted some of it ( jewelry) on this cover when I did this book years ago: lots of Indian pieces I love - but don't go out anymore very much to wear them ...Funny but when you hit your 70s, you start to let go of everything sometimes all at once. Remembering Jesus cautions about "stuff" only collects moths and robbers. :surprised:True enough!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014XAP3J0

I use to write a lot about victims of horrendous crimes in natal chart work but not so much anymore. I did hear about that crime however, so thanks for the link - I'll study it tomorrow.

I recall a few years ago two young men, (very young), driving all over Canada killing randomly were finally caught thanks to gas station photos.

Yes, that is why I sent it to you, you used to like the astrology of it. I believe the other two ended in suicide or murder/suicide. I personally prefer that they die before there is a trial. Trial means they are in the news too long.

Things people do to each other:pinched:

Here are a few of the photos I found to share:

My favorite place, Garden of Gethsemane: (closes promptly at 4:45PM) ...we just made it that day! long enough for just a few photos

This Olive Tree is said to be from the roots of an olive tree 2,000 years old, but who knows? They can be ancient, I was reading the other day one in Yosemite? or one of those parks is 1,000 yrs old at least.

And just taking it all in wishing there was more time

:love:

Here is Peter's mother in law house - (Ruins of course) in Capernaum - (far north, not too far from Nazareth and of course near the water (Sea of Galilee) which is called something else over there I forget the Jewish name

This ancient synagogue dates from about 100 A.D. but was destroyed by earthquake, so they rebuilt it, and its again, just ruins after so long weathered - you can walk here from St.Peter's House right across the dirt road easily enough - I suppose there is some mention of it in the New Testament, when Peter's mother in law was healed by Jesus. :surprised: I think someone or other was visiting that synogogue then.

I'll see IF I can find the video we once put on Youtube tomorrow. It would show a LOT more of the country of course quickly.

:biggrin:

Thank you for the guided tour!

leomoon

Do you remember most dreams? I recall about 10%. I usually just feel that I have dreamed, I feel the essence of but not the details. But, the 10% come in clear.

Glad you enjoyed the video Opal. We have lots of them from various tours, but Israel is special to me unlike Europe because of Jesus having lived there and I write about his life (and death, if I ever finish my Easter book) :andy:

It would also be great to have a serious Dream thread started, and perhaps there is one already? Dreams are truly the inspiration we all crave in life,but first you need to interpret them and thats not always easy as you know.

Thats why I also wrote 2 books about Dream Analysis.

Must be the Pisces on my 9th house cusp and the fact that Neptune trines Uranus for me that keeps my lifelong interest in dreams and many of them I use to record because they are so fleeting for us by the next day or even hour, they fade. My 12th house cusp is also ruled by Mercury in the tropical chart and is square Neptune, so I've had both sides of Neptune throughout my life to discern, learn about and overcome the down-parts. :unsure:
BTW: I FINALLY found (in this small under 2,000 sq. ft. house) - that necklace and pendant of Jesus with the crown on thorns I mentioned earlier. Sooo glad, because I REALLY know my mom would have loved it knowing I gave it to my young religious neighbor. That makes me happy too that it will find a good home. I was all ready to post a horary for help in locating. Turns out, my husband said finally, "well, did you look in this cabinet?"in my office space, and I said, "Twice, but its not in there, only the things I put aside for Jessie's twins".....well, there it WAS!

It kind of looks like this without the plate this sits on, just a very heavy pendant...with heavy chain:
(her's will also be much brighter perhaps newer)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/600962015/vintage-chapel-sterling-silver-jesus?gpla=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/646372094/antique-theda-925-sterling-silver-jesus?gpla=1

Last edited:

leomoon

The Oral Law says that thinking of adultery wasn't a sin (for the penalty is for an actual one - contradicts Ex. 20:17), that you can divorce your wife for badly cooked food (for there isn't a commandment that forbids this), that you can break oaths in the name of heaven or the temple (for there is a commandment only for oaths in the name of the LORD), that you should always exact eye for an eye (contradicts Leviticus 19:18), that you should hate your enemies (contradicts Ex. 23:4-5, Proverbs 25:21).

Pharisees aren't strict keepers of the Law, they are blind guides who strain out a gnat but swallow a camel but who also tie up heavy burdens with their man-made commandments. It is the yoke and burden of Jesus that is easy and light who fulfills the law without adding or subtracting from it in any way - Deut. 4:2, Matthew 5:17.

And based on what I said above, I believe that the Apostles kept the spirit of the Law without wanting the circumcision of the Gentiles, or the keeping of days, or the abstaining from unclean meat, not out of hypocrisy, but as not to make a stumbling block to keep them from the Christ, and not to make evil and unrighteousness out of good and righteousness. For they keep the spirit of the Law, not the letter, and all their works will be made manifest at the second coming of Christ.

What I find more interesting then how the Jews kept their populations in check via the oral laws - is that even TODAY, the main sect of popular Orthodoxy, is still based on Pharisaic law.

Times change, as they say, but people seldom do!

Having that necklace & pendant I spoke of only makes me sad when I wore it. Visiting Israel today only made me sad in many respects because of the today's politics there, the exclusiveness this article speaks of is still VERY visible, very rampant there.

Personally speaking, I have no use for Pharisaic thought other then the grave where it belongs when they demand "an eye for an eye".

Jesus was the best thing to come along in that backwards little space of land, and its incredibly sad to me, they still don't know this.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/reader-letters/reader-letters-february-1956/

From Hellenistic Jewish circles we have the so-called Letter of Aristeas, dated variously between 200 b.c.e. and post-33 c.e. While the Letter is a pseudo-historical work purporting to describe the origin of the Greek version of the Bible, the Septuagint, it contains much else besides. The book is particularly emphatic on the point of Jewish separatism. It glories in the dietary laws by which “we have been distinctly separated from the rest of mankind”; and it is grateful to the Lawgiver (Moses) who “fenced us around with impregnable ramparts and walls of iron, that we might not mingle at all with any of the other nations.” Yet withal, modern scholars have no trouble detecting in this tract one of the many propaganda attempts to convert Greek-speaking Gentiles to Judaism (cf. Robert H. Pfeiffer, History of New Testament Times, p. 225)

leomoon

Opal and others:

This is a wonderful place to visit for sure. Its across the Jordan on the "other side" i.e. Jordan's side - and is UNESCO heritage site now.

When we were there it hadn't yet been approved but in this 2nd video, you see it "after the fact".

My video is "before the fact" meaning, before it was approved by UNESCO as one of their official heritage sites.

What isn't said here is the fragrance of the Tamarisk as you walk towards the river. It is as fragrant as any citrus tree or a Jasimine bush might be. But moreso....more medicinal and clean smelling...For those who likely had a past life here, you will possibly be drawn into remembering, simply by the fragrance as I was.

BEFORE the rehabbing of the baptismal site and while it was going on: (2009)
At about 2:45 onward, we are on our way to Bethany - in Jordan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VcUyDTUfVY

Note: I remarked, "you can walk over to Israel" from here...its that close to the checkpoint. Same with Jordan, you have to go through a military checkpoint to reach here. Of course as usual, the Byzantines built churches complete with mosaics and beautiful drawings like this one:

Screen shot from my short video:

AFTER
the rehabilitation of the river's baptismal site was completed (2014) I found this online. Sounds like it is always windy there - near the shallow river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1RoIDRVjuw

Last edited:

jac

The name of Paul was Shaul (like the King Shaul), not Saul - Greeks can't pronounce the -sh sound, so the LXX and New Testament transliterated them to Saul (with -os at the end for masculine names in some places). The same was true for Iesous. When the apostles were talking to Jews, they probably pronounced their names as Shaul and Yeshua.

I don't care who likes it, Paul was a misogynist pig.