Synastry in Hiring an Attorney? What should I look for?

jill

I am needing to hire an attorney and need to know what are the BEST synastry aspects to have between my chart and that of my attorney?
And which are the ones to avoid.

The case involves Employment Labor issues (retaliatory termination and whistle blowing). There is a good chance the case will go to trial as it involves a large settlement from damages plus back pay.

Should I hire an attorney whose natal chart favorably connects to my chart OR
should I be looking at the attorney's natal chart and the planetary configurations they might have to aggressively fight my case?

Also, any info on where Saturn should fit into this relationship? Would Saturn conjunct Asc or MC be beneficial?

jill

Last edited:

dr. farr

I suggest making a composite (rather than synastry), then look at:
-what's on and in the 1st house, the 1st house strength, etc
-what's on and in the 9th house, its strength, etc
-what's on and in the 10th house, its strength, etc.

If the South Node is in the 1st, 9th, 10th or 11th house, this = a strong - indication.
If the North Node is in the 1st, 9th, 10th or 11th house, this = a "lucky" + indication.

Find the Part of Fortune for the composite: if the POF is in an angular house, give a + to the composite; if in a succedent house, neutral; if in a cadent house, give a - to the composite. Find aspects BY SIGN (not by degree, but by sign) to the POF from Jupiter, Saturn and the Sun: for any conjunctions, give a + to the composite for each conjunction; for trines and for sextiles, also give a + to the composite for each trine and sextile; for oppositions give a X2 - to the composite for each opposition; for squares give a - to the composite for each square.

jill

Thank you Dr. Farr for your response. I have a question though,

Will your advice work if the actual birth time of the attorney is not known? I was able to locate only their date of birth and the city born in.
I can't really call each of them up and ask them what time they were born without them thinking I was a nut.

I'm only able to use the synastry aspects between our charts AND our composite chart (with incorrect houses) to make my decision.
With some, the composite is good - but the synastry is not, or the synastry is good (lots of trines) - but the composite is not (t-squares).

I am also seeing a lot of challenging saturn/pluto/uranus stuff going on in ALL of them. Especially to the personal planets. If I find good synastry between our sun, moon and mercury (which I feel is needed in a client/attorney relationship), saturn is squaring either the moon, venus, sun, etc.

As far as using the POF, since I only know my birth time, I can only use aspects to my POF and not vice-versa. Would that still work?

Also, how much weight does the house over-lay play in this? For instance, Their sun/mercury falling into my 6th house of service verses falling in my 12th? or 10th?

jill

Ebenia

Seriously, you will drive yourself NUTS with this kind of stuff. No offense, but there are SO many things to consider that if you would take that time and actually enjoy life, you would probably be in a better place of making your decision. I suggest you go with your gut...when you meet them/talk to them, you WILL know who is for you. Do not overcomplicate it. Trust your inner knowing.

dr. farr

Thank you Dr. Farr for your response. I have a question though,

Will your advice work if the actual birth time of the attorney is not known? I was able to locate only their date of birth and the city born in.
I can't really call each of them up and ask them what time they were born without them thinking I was a nut.

I'm only able to use the synastry aspects between our charts AND our composite chart (with incorrect houses) to make my decision.
With some, the composite is good - but the synastry is not, or the synastry is good (lots of trines) - but the composite is not (t-squares).

I am also seeing a lot of challenging saturn/pluto/uranus stuff going on in ALL of them. Especially to the personal planets. If I find good synastry between our sun, moon and mercury (which I feel is needed in a client/attorney relationship), saturn is squaring either the moon, venus, sun, etc.

As far as using the POF, since I only know my birth time, I can only use aspects to my POF and not vice-versa. Would that still work?

Also, how much weight does the house over-lay play in this? For instance, Their sun/mercury falling into my 6th house of service verses falling in my 12th? or 10th?

jill

Using only the birth date (thus the planetary and nodal positions) of the prospective person, project their positions into your natal chart, and then see any close (within 3 degrees) aspects or conjunctions with your natal planets; score +1 for (+ conjunctions) and for trines and sextiles; score -2 for oppositions and for squares; include aspects/conjections of the other person's planets to your Part of Fortune as well; add and subtract: if the net is + its likely favorable; if the net is -, its likely unfavorable.

However, if you have done well in the past with your intuitive insight, then go with that!

dr. farr

I'm really going to have to post a thread on how to do simple sarvashtakavarga analysis: its actually easy, and adapts perfectly from Vedic to our Western zodiac.
Its (I think) the best method to make determinations regarding relationships, businesses, partnerships, etc (like the subject of this thread) Even when the time of birth of one of the people is unknown, so long as we have the date/place of birth of one person, and the complete birth data of the other person, we can make an effective analysis: its numerical, yet is based on the relationships of all of the (7 traditional) planets in the chart to all of the signs and all of the other planets in the chart as well.
Say you have the date and place (even just the date!) of (in this case) X attorney: if you have prepared the sarva-bindu (bindu means "energy point or energy factor") for your OWN natal chart, simply project the places of each of the 7 planets from X attorney's chart into YOUR natal chart: then add up the sarva bindus from these projected places, and you have your answer: if below a certain total of bindus, its negative; if above a certain total of bindus, its favorable/auspicious; if between these totals, it indicates a mixed situation/condition.
Really an effective method-and actually very simple to do (and dates back to BC times!)...

jill

Thanks Dr. Farr for helping.

I was wondering if you had any web sites that could explain in "simple easy to understand terms" how to do this?
One with an online calculator that I could just put my birth info in and it would calculate the sarva-binduwould be nice.

jill