Hairy Transits - Can you share your experiences?

gemastro

Dear Inside Out Orange,

thanks for sharing your experience, and for the kind words.

Did you feel a tremendous relief when Pluto exited your 8H? I SO have my fingers for that day :)

gemastro

Inside Out Orange

Dear Inside Out Orange,

thanks for sharing your experience, and for the kind words.

Did you feel a tremendous relief when Pluto exited your 8H? I SO have my fingers for that day :)

gemastro

Not so much relief ... but when I looked back at the period that it was in my 8th (which was essentially while it was in Sag 1996-2008); I did look at things quite darkly and cynically. I did try to analyse everything and everyone. I guess that became the background of life and you just come to accept it as the way you are. It's only as it changed that I suddenly felt everything became lighter and realised what I'd been experiencing.

I was lucky because Pluto trine my Leo stellium and then my early Taurus ascendent for the last few years it was in my 8th so those weren't particularly difficult transits. But it did coincide with Saturn moving into the 5th and I had such heartbreak when I met, fell in love with and then got reject by someone.

gemastro

I did look at things quite darkly and cynically. I did try to analyse everything and everyone. I guess that became the background of life and you just come to accept it as the way you are. It's only as it changed that I suddenly felt everything became lighter and realised what I'd been experiencing.

wow...again, that really resonates... AND makes me feel better.. I analyze everything & everyone's motives. My mind is ALWAYS going and I put so much effort into trying to shut it off. I think that I'm like that to begin with, but it's really emphasized right now.. WAY too much for my comfort. It's also Pluto opposite Mercury - which is coming to an end, thankfully!

Thanks again for sharing.

kbell

Saturn is squaring my venus and breaking my heart again. I hate you Saturn :( sorry just venting a little. It stinks.

astrology02

has anyone experienced Saturn conjuct Pluto before? if so, what were your experiences?....this does not sound like a fun transit.

Inside Out Orange

has anyone experienced Saturn conjuct Pluto before? if so, what were your experiences?....this does not sound like a fun transit.

It's generational so you'll be going through it with your peer group. Have a look deeper down the Transits forum board because I'm pretty certain I asked this same question earlier this year.

I'm experiencing a Neptune conjunct ASC as well. Pointers??

The funny thing was when it first started, I was reading about another teenager who committed suicide because of bullying, and I felt...like I was responsible, though it took place on the other side of the country. I just felt like there was something I could do, even by myself. Beautify the world in some way. Right before it started though, I started feeling out-of-touch with reality, like I was sleepwalking and I couldn't focus on anything, which was an issue as I was going through a nursing assistant program which got me into a little bit of trouble. I was much more super-sensitive to my environment that usual, and it was making my mind all fuzzy. Then, when it just so happened that the teacher (a RN) told me I wouldn't be any good for this profession, I hit depression and really just felt like my purpose was lost. I was an Aquarius with a crushed heart of wanting to help people. I actually believed her for a little while, and I broke down into tears in front of the program director when she told me that she sees too much potential in me for me to just give up (who funny enough was an Aquarius too). She DID teach my classroom portion of the nursing assistant training class, told me that I would make an awesome pediatric nurse one day and transferred me into a different class.

When I went into the next class, I was so happy and balanced and recharged. I guess hitting meltdown point got me to fight for what I truly wanted and loved. I have belief that Neptune dissipated my lack of seriousness in the beginning about it and made me look at myself.

Here's an issue at this current point with my big transits:

Saturn trans. 7th House, gonna be hitting my 8th house in October for the first time in my entire life (natal 10th house Saturn in Sag anaretic degree). THEN, comes this Jupiter AND Uranus conjunct Venus I'm going through, Pluto trans my 11th and now Neptune is conjuncting my ASC.

I really have no idea how this all parallels. To my understanding Saturn is maturing me about relationships with other people, then Neptune on the opposite spectrum is doing something more personally. THEN Jupiter and Uranus are wanting to bring me new relationships from out of the blue, all the while Pluto is driving me to form more fulfilling friendships and relationships and group dynamics....

It's crazy.

Inside Out Orange

I think the weak point of my chart is Sagittarius in the second and therefore any planet that goes through this sign/house.

In 1998 I started a three year degree course. In september of that year when the course began pluto was at five degrees of sag. Quite literally I had walked into a **** storm. I was insulted left right and centre. No matter what I did it was always viewed by others as aggressive. Stories were passed around and embellished just to prove the point. I spoke to few people as few people would speak to me. as one wit put it "guilt by association". It was not just the university It was the whole town and area. I would walk into shops and it would be "just when you thought it could not get any worse" or "I should I know what he wants this for he probably want to clean his teeth with it". People would openly talk about me and openly insult me. It was particularly intense and particularly damaging.

I still live in the same place. I have not been able to escape. Its like I am doing time until I have payed my debt to society. Having said this it is not any where near as bad now. Lessons have been learned on both sides. They know that if they have a go at me I will have a go at them back. They don't like that. And I have learned to keep a low profile, so they can resist temptation.

But you can see from my chart that in many ways it is about attack and counter attack, and at the time this was being intensely activated by pluto t-squaring my big opposition that included natal pluto.

All the best

Interesting. How did things go in 2001-02 when Saturn energised the opposition from Gemini?

It's interesting that you also have BMlilith at 5Sag ... I don't know too much about that asteroid ... but it might be worth a bit of research? Pluto was still a few months off making contact with some of your planets ... although it did contact mars very soon after you started university.

On reading your story, my initial feeling was that it could be classed as bullying and victimisation. I looked to see if Neptune's entry into Aquarius could have cause anything but there's no aspects. But then I noticed you have natal Neptune on the ascendent as well as Pisces Sun and other planets. I say the following with respect as an observation than an accusation, but in my experience the laidback and passive behaviour of neppy/pisces types often contributes to them becoming an easy target and one whom it can become a case of baiting to try and get a reaction. That's not to say it's acceptable but is how life works out. It seems that by learning to have a go back, you have essentially stemmed this problem by learning to stand up for yourself and say your piece. Dare I suggest that the next step in your growth is learning to move your responses from aggressive to assertive.

Nonetheless a difficult experience that I don't think would be nice for anyone. Particularly if they had moved to a new town and had few friends there.

GeminiGrrl

I'd appreciate it if anyone who's been through the midlife Saturn opposite Saturn transit would be willing to share their insights and experiences. According to Astro.com, I will be starting mine this September...and as if that weren't enough, my natal Saturn is the point planet of one of the natal yods in my chart so transiting Saturn will activate that as well. (I suppose I should be grateful for the fact that it won't last more than a couple of years.) Quite frankly, I'm dreading this because I'm already up to my armpits in difficult transits. I'm in the final stages of my Uranus opposite Uranus transit, Pluto is still opposing the stellium of planets I have in the last degrees of Gemini -- Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars -- and Uranus is squaring the stellium at the same time. I will be so relieved when all of this is *finally* over and my life starts to settle down a little.

:eek:

JupiterEyed

I'd appreciate it if anyone who's been through the midlife Saturn opposite Saturn transit would be willing to share their insights and experiences. According to Astro.com, I will be starting mine this September...and as if that weren't enough, my natal Saturn is the point planet of one of the natal yods in my chart so transiting Saturn will activate that as well. (I suppose I should be grateful for the fact that it won't last more than a couple of years.) Quite frankly, I'm dreading this because I'm already up to my armpits in difficult transits. I'm in the final stages of my Uranus opposite Uranus transit, Pluto is still opposing the stellium of planets I have in the last degrees of Gemini -- Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars -- and Uranus is squaring the stellium at the same time. I will be so relieved when all of this is *finally* over and my life starts to settle down a little.

:eek:

There is a good book by Barbara Hand Clow that, in part, explores Saturn transits. It's called Liquid Light of Sex. I found it to be not only an enjoyable read, but also highly intriguing. Her discussion of Saturn and Uranus transits on life experiences hit home for me.

Hand Clow says of the second opposition, "the maturation process after the second Saturn Opposition is very profound because we re-experience all of the opposite polarities, just as we did when Saturn transited opposite houses that it journeyed through from birth to age 14," (56).

Basically, the first opposition exposes one to "opposite" experiences, necessary for growth. She writes on p. 57 that the polarity paradox (Saturn opp Saturn) is about "both/and" issues rather than "either/or" (think of the saying, "different sides to the same coin). However, the first paradox usually "magnifies the polarity," as it's Saturn's first time opposing itself. The second opposition still carries the general theme, but this time, the individual has the hindsight and accumulated knowledge to realize that the opposition issues are "both/and" instead of "either/or." Can you get a sense of what this polarity is for you?

I have only lived through one Saturn opposite Saturn transit thus far. Natally, Saturn is in Sagittarius in my 3rd, conjunct Mars and opposite Chiron. When Saturn opposed itself, I found myself nearly obsessed with 9th house issues. A whole new world opened up to me... one which included philosophy, spirituality, astrology, numerology, and psychic development. A large part of my life experience in the time following the opposition was saturated with spirituality, and more specifically communing with spirit. I also had seemingly karmic relationships with Gemini Sun fellows (trans Saturn in Gemini) who, by knowing and conversing with them, really challenged me to grow. This was A LOT different from life previous to the opposition, which I all but abandoned (magnifying the polarity).

I imagine that as I start to close in on my second opposition, I will have hopefully begun to live by the knowledge that mundane and spiritual realms can be integrated- I can't live everyday life without spirituality, however, I can't embrace spirituality to the exclusion of reality. The "exclusion of reality" has been a central issue throughout the last 11-12 years of my life.

Cheers!
*JupiterEyed

I'm experiencing Saturn transit Pluto now and it is confusing and feels bad. I normally don't feel unmotivated, but I do now. It's like anything I do doesn't work out. I have been very successful to date and a leader in my field, which I love...but, really feel like I'm falling and that people I thought were friends really are trying to manipulate me. Saturn transits my ascendant next. I have an escape route and hope it works out...

Feel like nothing is what it seems at first, and I am seeing people for who they really are, myself included. At the same time, I also feel internally pretty calm and am happier than I have been in years. Just scared about losing what I've worked so hard for....and I've worked so hard that now I'm too tired to really buckle down and give 150% anymore. More like 100%, which doesn't feel like enough.

Last edited:

Jardine

I'm now emerging from my Pluto-AC transit (AC 2.50 Cap, 5 hits). A hairy transit indeed. It has taken me almost five stressful and action-packed years to get a single lesson - that of self-acceptance :joyful:

knowhow999

When pluto transited my 8th house, multiple significant people in my life all died. Life was truly rough. My oldest son (who symbolically has been pluto in the flesh for me) and has moon conjunct pluto in his 8th house was very difficult to deal with.
As pluto exited my 8th house, our family lab died.

Claire19

Hi All.... I wanted to share these hairy transits....

At the moment 3 planets are making contact with three of my natal planets.

1. Transiting Saturn is conjunct natal Uranus in Leo in 12th.
2. Transiting Uranus is conjunct natal Moon in Pisces in 7th.
3 Transiting Pluto is opposite natal Venus, the latter residing in Gemini in 10th.

I can't wrap my brain round it. :eek:

Just in case you need this ....
My natal info is (I'll post my chart when I figure out how to do it!!) 30 July 1961 35N59 014E15 at 7:30 am CET

I have my own thoughts in a nutshell about it of course.... the Uranus/Moon to my mind has been all about changing emotional patterns. The Pluto/Venus I think is about challenges from the home front which affect my career. The Saturn/Uranus could be about restraint or even possibly bringing structure to creative zany aspirations which have been hidden in the 12th.

My life has been challenging over the past 18 months, but nothing drastic; I can cope.

What do you think?

Sisi x
Do these transits have a natal echo?? i.e those planets make natal aspects as well?? If not, then no biggie at all.

Rosie7

The hairiest transits of all are Pluto transits angular to Asc/1st house planets. After that I'd say Uranus' angular transits. Neptune let's you work things out subtlely and test the quality of your thoughts. Uranus will change the dynamic of your relationships and you may find yourself running into more than what you thought you were asking for.

The most important thing to do with major Pluto transits is just survive, drawing on more inside. Look back when its over (5 yrs total) and see what you learned.

Saturn transits by themselves aren't especially 'hairy' unless reinforced by an outer planet, unless transiting Asc/MC. In the book Planets in Transit, Robert Hand mistakenly attributes former Pres Richard Nixon's downfall (Watergate scandal) to Saturn transiting his MC/square his Asc. Actually it was t.Pluto opposite Nixon's correct n.MC that brought him down so to speak. Saturn only challenges us modestly. Pluto can dethrone you. It is a king-maker or killer.

Nixon Asc [19CAN52] - MC [6ARI24].
Pluto [4LIB53] at resignation speech (8 Aug 1974, 21:05 EDT), opposite his Asc, reinforced by a trine from t.Neptune, quincunx from t.Mars, trine from t.Mercury, while t.Saturn [21N15] was Parallel n.Asc [21N58] .

No other astrologer that I know of caught this at the time. Maybe John Willner had already discerned Nixon's correct chart by then. I don't know.

Just shows the importance of working with a correct chart.

See my posts on Asc signs, etc.
That is an interesting perspective on saturn's modest impact versus pluto's totally annihilating effects. I think my recollections of saturn's potential to unleash devastation and despair are amplified by that May 2002 transiting saturn/pluto opposition (10 & 4th houses) that t-squared my natal sun (2nd house). It took me a couple years to recover from the events of that and truthfully, I may not have fully let go. I've always associated the damage with saturn as it was bearing on my 10th house but in retrospect, the deeper psychological shifts implicated pluto in my 4th.

Perhaps it is time I give Saturn a break.

astrology02

All in all life's interesting times for anyone with planets in early cardinal signs ... yourself included.

You've also got Uranus transitting from 0Aries making squares to your early cardinal planets. All in all the grand cross hits your chart quite prominently with Mars also due to arrive in early Libra with Saturn in a week or so.

You can also look at Chiron (29Aq) / Neptune (28Aq) making trines to your Jupiter in early Cancer so that's quite a spiritual aspect.

I agree with you! I have saturn, uranus and neptune in early cap degrees. Not the best period of my life. :pinched:

hypatia

I am right in the middle of Pluto transiting my Sun. And the Sun rules my 10th House.
Do I have to explain what my working environment has been like? It's Plutonian - with all the underhanded, sly, back stabbing that goes with it. For a while there it was almost a scary place to turn up to :(
I've had 2 passes 2 far, another right at the very end of this year, and then 2 more next year. (5 in total).
I had taken on additional work prior to the transit starting - which I wasn't always getting paid for. And one of things I did right at the start of the transit was refuse to do that work anymore unless I was paid for it. - sometimes I enjoy it, other times I wonder if I haven't taken on more than I'm capable of.
In the last 6 months I've been trying to avoid getting sucked into much of the politicking that's been going on at work. And also trying to work out if my life-path is to continue with this career, or is it all a 'sign' that I should move on to something else. (still deciding!)
And then more recently, I've taken on some extra responsibility - which takes up lots of time, and I am not entirely sure if taking this on is going to be a huge 'learning curve' for me. I do think that I've already pushed myself out into the 'open' more, made myself more visible and therefore more vulnerable. I also feel that I'm already learning more about how to deal with other people, and that I'll probably learn a lot more about this before this transit is through.

Attachments

• hypatia.jpg
    hypatia.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 52

asadgefromspain

Saturn in 12th and Jupiter in the 8th

I'm a Sagittarius with a Sagittarius rising currently going through a transit of Saturn in my 12th house and Jupiter in my 8th. In the scope of things, I should probably say that I'm "still entering" this transit. However, its been almost one year working with Saturn here, and I've started to get used to and understand his ways, but I'm still working out the Jupiter transit. Saturn retrograde was a very low time, and I feel I'm still recovering, although it was exactly how most people describe it: lost a very close relationship, lost my job, and lots of muddiness in activities. I can't say now that I hated it because I have realized other strengths and resources that I have but never used. Now I'm on Saturn's schedule of "alone time". Seems no matter what I do or try, things happen and I end up alone. Still, deep down I guess I prefer it that way and I'm getting a lot of work done (on myself and career--I'm an artist and this transit has been helpful in that). Jupiter, on the other hand, I'm curious about. What can you share about Jupiter in the 8th and what do you think about the combination with Saturn in the 12th?