Transits to progressions must work...

Chrysalis

Okay so yesterday i had some nerve wracking test results i had to go and collect, luckily it was negative, and i can now close the door on that chapter.

I obviously scoured my chart for transits prior to getting my results, couldn't see anything untoward, apart from the day i got them (yesterday) there was the moon/mars conjunction in taurus, but this wasn't badly affecting anything in my natal chart.

Ive since then been checking my Pr chart, and i think i found why yesterday i received the results i wanted.

All these aspects were exact by degree on the 11th march (yesterday)...

1.Tr Moon/mars conjunction @ 17 degrees Taurus opposing my PR moon @ 17 degree Scorpio

2.Tr venus @ 11 degree aquarius was in trine with my pr sun @ 11 degree Libra

3.Tr sun @20 pisces trine my pr venus @ 19'48 scorpio

These 3 planets were all lined up nicely for the day i got my results, but they were aspects being made to my pr planets not natal.

Im assuming now then, that if TR venus and TR sun weren't in the degree positions they were in, to be able to make these trines, then the mars opposition may have brought me bad news.

Last edited:

Shanti

Yes these aspects to progressed positions work out nicely.

Especially to points involved in a progression of some sorts..
or activated by eclipses et.c. and so forth...

Chrysalis

Yes these aspects to progressed positions work out nicely.

Especially to points involved in a progression of some sorts..
or activated by eclipses et.c. and so forth...

Yes a lot of people do say transits to progressions don't work, but in my example, i can't see how they haven't.

I find it interesting in my example, that even though i have the opposition, at the same time i have a double whammy of venus to sun and sun to venus.

Shanti

This link have a good aproach to it which is shared by many classical great astrologers.
( I read through it quite quickly, but it seems to be good).

https://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
For years in my astrological studies, secondary progressions did not impress me. I wanted to find meaning in them, but I simply couldn’t find a correlation between significant events and changes in my life and the secondary progressed aspects. It was not until I learned of two important “rules” before I learned their significance:

Charles E. O. Carter wrote the following: “It is a cardinal rule that no direction can bring to pass what is not shown in the nativity. Exceptions to this are virtually non-existent.” Progressions to progressions and progressions to natal positions are most significant when the planets involved form a significant interrelationship in the natal chart itself. The potential shown in the natal chart, therefore, rules.
Transits to secondary progressed planets are critical. With predictive work, students of astrology are encouraged to create a tri-wheel with the natal chart in the center, secondary progressions in the second wheel, and transits in the outer (third) wheel. This way, it is easy to see transits to both the natal chart and the progressed chart, progressed planets in relationship to the natal chart, and progressed planets in relation to other progressed planets. Adding transits to progressed planets and points to our study opens up much more detail.
So, for example, if my secondary progressed Mars is currently form

Chrysalis

Ive had Tr saturn squaring my natal venus for the past couple of weeks, and is only now separating (by mins). I really thought this would have broken me and my bf up, its been rocky i can say that, yes mid feb to now has been very rocky between us, but only having mild stupid breakups where we end up talking again the following day.

Looking at my progressions, i also have Tr saturn 18 degrees forming a sextile with my Pr venus at 19 degrees...so maybe its this that mitigated the effects of the square from saturn to my natal venus.

Shanti

Ok. Saturn allowed you to see the weaknesses of relationship and testing it.
Glad you maked it through this time, with more awareness for the future maybe. Relationships isn't a walk in the park ! god knows... :happy:

If you want me to look into it, you can pm me birthdetails. Will not post your birthdetails in thread in case i post something....
I like progressions. :biggrin:

Chrysalis

Got another example of this working.

My friend had her driving test today, i had a look at her natal/progressions for any transit triggers for clues to see if she will pass.

The exact aspect she has of today is Tr sun @22 pisces exactly conjunct her Pr sun @22 pisces (using wholes signs this is in her 3rd house), with also her Pr sun opposing her natal moon [but separated by 1 degree)....so a full moon too.

But i still wasn't 100% on the pass, as also merc was retrograding through this same house/sign.....but she did pass.

Chrysalis

This past few days, ive been very much focused on my venusian side, as in interior, buying new things, changing things, improving things. Ive also been buying new clothes and shoes for the spring and just yesterday and today ive been almost obsessively(well my venus is conjunct pluto so i have an excuse) focused on having a new improved skin care/beauty regime, so ive been testing out new skin products and makeup etc.

I was originally thinking astrologically it was to do with venus changing signs, but i couldn't understand why pisces would be causing this.

Just checked my natal/progressed chart, and venus has recently just started transiting through my progressed 1st house my pr asc is @ 24 degrees aquarius. So last Thurs this would have started, which ties in with how ive been.