Resources

E

eternalautumn

I figured it would be useful to compile a running list of web resources for traditional astrology. This will be an ongoing project, so feel free to comment with your own submissions and I'll add them to the list!

Articles

Blogs

Forums

General Sites

Primary Texts

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

Thank you for the contribution, tsmall. I'll add the blog. However, I don't want to add the ephemeris link because, while useful, it's not something that's exclusively "traditional" (all astrology uses the same ephemera), and also because the main site seems more "modern" (humanistic and transpersonal according to the site) focused. It's me being picky, so please, don't be offended.

tsmall

Premium Member
Thank you for the contribution, tsmall. I'll add the blog. However, I don't want to add the ephemeris link because, while useful, it's not something that's exclusively "traditional" (all astrology uses the same ephemera), and also because the main site seems more "modern" (humanistic and transpersonal according to the site) focused. It's me being picky, so please, don't be offended.

Oh, I'm not offended in the least. :biggrin: I just have noticed, as have others, that there are an awful lot of "astrologers" making predictions in both the traditional and horary forums without any idea of what an ephemeris is, or how to use one.

I agree, this link goes back to a decidedly modern website...which I tend to ignore :sleeping: I just like it better than the one at astro.com because is gives the planetary stationary and retrograde periods in red.

This was the best idea ever, because so many people recently are wondering what exactly traditional astrology is all about. Whilst finding modern interpretations of aspect based astrology is easy on the www, and yet not specific enough to answer questions...having a resource that we can point to tradtionally, and say "go read this, and then come back with questions (because we know there will be many) separates the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Very, very well done. :biggrin:

E

eternalautumn

Thanks! It's tough because a lot of the books/translations, classes, etc. are not cheap, but on the other hand you can find a surprising amount of free information hidden away on the internet. My theory is the more everyone learns, the better.

tsmall

Premium Member
This is such a great Thread guys; wayyyyyy overdue! So I am writing down this list as it is true that books can be expensive I wanted to know TSmall is the above reference a site? Just to know under which category to put this under as my computer is behaving badly.:sad:
Thanks a lot!

Serafin5

Serafin5, I'm so sorry. I missed this queston. The link is to a pdf by Benjamin Dykes called Using Medieval Astrology . It's 116 pages of an overview that was written toward students who were familiar with modern astrology, and there is quite a lot of information packed into those pages. A very good, freely available starting point, if you will.

dr. farr

The book that led me to the use of Pauline profection (starting the profection count at 1 instead of 0) and to the use of Pauline dodekatemorion (use of the multiplying factor of 13 instead of the "Egyptian" dodek use of the multiplying factor of 12)

JUPITERASC

Senecar

Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate and Fortune by Chris Brennan

Just received this book, and looks a great resource. It combines the history of Traditional Astrology and detailed techniques of Hellenistic Astrology.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Here there are interesting books for free.

http://far.orgfree.com/
The collection has various authors, like Lilly, Hermes, Placidus,
Important to highlight that this board is Traditional
and the OP thread is for Traditional texts
Many of those free texts you linked to ARE Traditional
however not all are
for example:

you refer to Alan Leo
but Alan Leo is most definitely a Modernist astrologer

FROM THE RULES OF TRADITIONAL BOARD
For discussions on Traditional Astrology only.
Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined
as using techniques developed prior to 1700
by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras.