Why am I obsessed about this man - Synastry aspects?

Maia

Hi All ,

So , there is this guy that I feel this strong connection with ever since the day I met him. I'm very much attracted to him and feel a sense of belonging around him . I am interested to know if the feeling is mutual or something that I have imagined in my mind ? And why am I so drawn to him?

I see a few okay aspects in our synastry chart - my sun trine his sun , my venus trine his Mars, mars sextile mars. His birth time is unknown , so I guess aspects to Ascendent and Moon can't be determined.

My Mars is conjunct his North Node and Venus sextile NN I think. I am assuming this is significant as nodal contacts are?

Attaching the synastry chart, any inputs will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Update : We are kind of friends now, but that's it. And I am moving to a new place soon in a few days, so won't be seeing him around :( I have created a First Meeting chart , posting it here. Do you think that there is any hope for our future .. or will we not meet again significantly ever ? I really do not wish to let him go as just another acquaintance.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Baat

I'm pretty new to astrology as well, so hopefully someone with more experience chimes in.

His birth time would also affect his moon sign, so it's not necessarily a given that he's a Scorpio moon (he might be a Libra). I try to intuitively feel out people's moon sign if they don't know the birth time and the moon changed sign on their birth day. So far my guesses have been accurate but it's a rather small sample size :) do you know him well enough to have a feeling about his moon sign?

Sun trine sun and moon in the same signs would feel very comfortable together I imagine. His moon is also close to your DSC (its closeness also affected by his birth time, so take this with a grain of salt) which I have with my very close friend, that's a great aspect as their emotional nature aligns with the qualities you subconsciously look for in others.

His Venus is also loosely conjunct your Chiron and IC.

Does he feel similarly? Time will tell, but I would guess that he does. Keep us updated :)

Maia

Hello Baat,

Yes, I think you're right on him being a Libra moon. I looked up the moon sign for his dob, it does change from libra to scorpio. And he has that whole charming, lighthearted vibe going on - definitely not intense like a scorpio moon. I am just getting to know him now, so can't tell much yet. How did you know that though? :)

There seems to be a lot of libra in his chart.. Hmm. My chart ruler is Venus (Taurus ascendant).. I wonder what his is.

Last edited:

Baat

Oh it's just that his moon in the chart you posted is on the cusp of Libra! I'm definitely not that good at guessing lol.

Speaking of Venus his is in cancer, opposite your mercury in Capricorn. I had this with a recent ex (his Venus exalted in Pisces, my mercury exalted in Virgo) and it's hard to know how it felt on his end, but I always had an intuition that the way I communicated (very analytical, to the point) put something of a damper on his dreamy romanticism in a way that he found grating. Not trying to scare you off as I imagine yours might be less extreme (neither of your planets in domicile or exalted) but just something to look out for.

Snuffy

Is anything happening between you two? It is possible to have beautiful synastry with people where nothing ever happens, because for a relationship to happen the other person needs to be at a place in life where they want and can handle a relationship. I've come to think it a waste of time to do synastry until a relationship is considered real by both people.

Maia

Hi Snuffy,

Nothing significant has happened yet , we are casual friends now but thats it. Also, I am moving to a new place soon and will no longer be around him :( I feel like he is holding back because of certain situations in both of our lives right now , which is okay , but I would really love for us to be good friends for now.

I have created a First Meeting chart , posting it here , maybe I'll start another thread for the question too. Do you think that there is any hope for our future .. or will we not meet again significantly ever ? I really do not wish to let him go as just another acquaintance.

And what you have said above is so so true .

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Snuffy

As I said, I have seen many beautiful synastry and composite charts that went nowhere because the base chart and transits showed that one of the people involved wasn't looking for a relationship or wasn't capable of sustaining one.

It wouldn't matter what the meeting chart looked like if the person isn't at a place in their life where they are looking for deep connection.

If you can understand this--which I know from personal experience can be very difficult--you can start adjusting your own outlook so that you look for people who ARE interested in relationships and don't try to force a relationship on someone who has other things going on in their life.

This is especially difficult for people in their 20s when women are hormonally driven to find a mate to nest with and men are trying to establish themselves in the world and often having great difficulty doing this. Women are so tempted to try to force relationships to happen, but often this just leads to nothing or, worst case, them being used sexually by men who aren't going to turn down an easy opportunity.

ellie04

Maia,
Perhaps let's look at the FMC since you just met him (am I right?), but remember FMC is temporary (like transits) so if you meet him again in future, things might change.

I assumed the time of meeting is accurate? If not the angles/houses will be off.

It's easy to see that he's very charming and attractive (to you) as his significator is domicile but you're not receiving each other nor are your L1/L7 rulers in aspect, so it seems the mutual pull to be together isn't strong. Also, your angles in mutable signs means difficulties to form a stable bond.

Moon although exalted but it's waning. Not a good time to start a r/s. But it's in 8H conjunct Mercury shows an intense emotional connection with easy flow of conversation. For romance, you want to preferably see planets in 1,5,7 houses. Here you have Mars exalted in 5H conjunct Pluto so there's definitely sexual attraction. Sun aspects also show intense, dynamic energy and good feelings. NN in 11H of friendship squaring Moon probably shows a conflict between possible growth (as friends) within the r/s now and what you desire (deep intimacy).

Like I said, this is just for now... in a few months' time, things might change. Don't give up! :wink:

Maia

Maia,
Perhaps let's look at the FMC since you just met him (am I right?), but remember FMC is temporary (like transits) so if you meet him again in future, things might change.

I assumed the time of meeting is accurate? If not the angles/houses will be off.

It's easy to see that he's very charming and attractive (to you) as his significator is domicile but you're not receiving each other nor are your L1/L7 rulers in aspect, so it seems the mutual pull to be together isn't strong. Also, your angles in mutable signs means difficulties to form a stable bond.

Moon although exalted but it's waning. Not a good time to start a r/s. But it's in 8H conjunct Mercury shows an intense emotional connection with easy flow of conversation. For romance, you want to preferably see planets in 1,5,7 houses. Here you have Mars exalted in 5H conjunct Pluto so there's definitely sexual attraction. Sun aspects also show intense, dynamic energy and good feelings. NN in 11H of friendship squaring Moon probably shows a conflict between possible growth (as friends) within the r/s now and what you desire (deep intimacy).

Like I said, this is just for now... in a few months' time, things might change. Don't give up! :wink:

Thanks ellie! Its been almost a year since we first met (I've generated the FMC with this date and time. The time could vary within an hour, but I checked the charts for diff times and it looked pretty similar house wise except for a few degree variations and Neptune in a diff house ) But got to get to know each other only since the past few months since we started working on the same project .

That's when it all hit me. Yes, I'd terribly miss talking to him.. Our sense of humor is the same and our conversations are interspersed with laughter. But he is kind of protective about himself .. His Venus is in cancer. Im going to have a hard time letting him go.. I am a Hades moon :/ and this guy bought some lightness and innocence to my life that I had lost over the past few years.

I hope we meet again in the future.. If not I'd wish him all the best of what life has to offer ❤️ and be thankful for the memories.

Last edited: