Family members reincarnation & Nodes: share your field work!

cazimi

Hi all.
This is a collective invitation for anyone to cough up any info they have on reincarnation in their family. Yes, it`s SO speculative, but we are astrologers, and we value, experimentation with the tools we have.

When I see a close node contact, I go bonkers. I dig. So here is my funny story. The more I look into it the queerer it gets.

I recently dug through some family history, pulling up my great grandmother's chart from 1888.
She was a Norwegian immigrant who emmigrated from personal turmoil in Oslo (then Christienia) to move to big bright america.. Brooklyn NY, and there she had a good size family, I think in the Irish part of the city. . .. . .. .

Born in 1990, I never knew her in person.
For fun and for practice, I deciphered her birth time-less chart, using my mothers witness as a "test".
My mom spent a lot of time with an outspoken, dark humored Geminian grandmother growing up.

As a person who believes in reincarnation (especially in families)
and enjoys seeing nodes line up in interpersonal relations,

.. So yes, my eye jumped to the nodes, and to my delight I couldn't HELP but notice my great grandmother and I have a combust (exact conjunction) Node points,
but flipped-- her NN being 2 deg Leo (to self love), mine respectively on 2 Aqu (to humanitarianism).

I wonder (in a very presumptuous Leo South Node voice)
am I possibly her!? ... We are on a shared circuit!
--------------------------------------------------------
Some miscellaneous information on our similarities:

** My great grandmother and I both have a similar body type.
(physicality plays a great role in re-incarnated souls)

When asked why I have disproportionately large breasts to my waist and butt, my mother without skipping a beat said that I got her grandmas frame.

Ive seen a few pictures of this woman, -- she has a kind of sexy wicked witchy (norwegian) smile, which I believe I also have.

** Psychologically, she had a very strong, terrifying (inhuman) temper behind a very charming exterior persona.
I am diagnosed bipolar in this life, yet on the outside I do not project that at all. Very challenging.

** Her and I both have 1 important younger brother.

She lost her brother to tuberculosis perhaps when he was 10, she adolesecent, and spent her whole life blaming herself for it. (her Saturn is conj her Leo north node.)

It is interesting that in this life, I too arrived with a little brother who I am lucky to still have. .
I feel VERY bonded to, and protective of. We are very close, somewhat telepathic even.

** My father is a doctor.

Her father was a fisherman lost at sea.
Yet at adolescence, she had just lost her brother. In Norway, she was able to be raised by a new family.. The head of this family was a doctor.

** My mother is ... an archaeologist, uni prof, oh an amazon career woman. eccentric aquarian, depressive.

Her mother had a career as a midwife.
Sadly she went on to lose her mind, and had to be institutionalized.

** Lastly, she reputedly had some type of scandinavian magic ability.
You did not get on her bad side, or you would get hit with some bad luck. I dont think she ritualitistically practiced...
Either way, strangely timed awful things to happen to people who crossed her path.

I also have similar abilities, yet in my case I try not to covet things (or people) or they soon after break spectacularly. In my subjective exp. that happens when I admire and appreciate.
its like a reversal of her power.
( scorpio rising with mars in 8th has confided me my family's strangenesses)
------------------------------------
In any case,
I am wondering if anyone else checks out their (or other) family's charts, and applies the reincarnation gaze.

Have you seen any patterns? I am very speculative, and have lots of spare time.

She died in the early 1960s,
leaving a young life between us of 25 years.
For the record, all I listen to is fast 80s dance and drug influenced music, with no explanation.
I highly suspect I died young in the 80s, being my own great grandma aside.

Please share.
Don`t let my Leo SN steal this show.
This here is all in the name of sharing information.. I want you to give back. Pull out an old relative, or some stories you always wondered about and share.
:cool:

CapAquaPis

The possibility of family members reincarnate into their great-grandchildren or descendants further down in time are there. Astrological data comparing you to your ancestors you're certain you lived as before can be evidence of having a past life. Some theories on reincarnation is you genetically inherited memories of your ancestors instead of living before as them, but believe whatever you want or feel to be true for your case.

Kitchy

Banned
I find this concept fascinating, but I'll admit I have a hesitation to call it 're-incarnation' as much as descendant stuff. More DNA - Darwin than reincarnate.

Survival of the fittest is how I see it. From a 2nd house pluto/nnode conjunct opposing chiron/snode conjunct.

Added note: I have a lot of ancestral visions and experiences which I think come from my Node-Chiron conjunct Pisces and 29' BML 29' Cancer on my 12th/1st cusp. My paternal grandmother was often mentioned by other family members as a 'fortune teller' of sorts - evidently she was quite intuitive and precise about past and future. I never knew her, as we lived across the country and she died when I was a child. At least three family members have told me on several occasions that I remind them of her - and the funny thing is that even though I look much more like my mother in body - in family pictures, people would say - you look your Grandma Esther in that picture. I always thought it was creepy - like photos could morph you into the ghost of an ancestor, but now I think it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

cazimi

I also just noticed that my Sun Mercury combust is ALSO combust my mothers South Node at 28 deg Libra (in my 12th house, the woo-woo place).

This indicates that she likely knew me in the karmic past as an authority and scholarly figure, (possibly patrilineal), or a work associate who was over her.
(traditional interpretation of Sun conj SN).

My great grandma was left to raise her own 4 kids on her own, after her husband left the picture. She also looked after any kids in the family subsequently, was very strict, feared and loved. She was a generational family figurehead and highly respected.

my sun-merc combust (all combust) my moms south node always freaked me out.
Also, the woman was heavily Geminian (her flirtatious Gemini Venus occupies the same degree as my chart ruler, stationary 8th house spooky Mars), and this is a mercury theme SN conj,.. who knows.

betsisites

CASZIMI.. So yes, my eye jumped to the nodes, and to my delight I couldn't HELP but notice my great grandmother and I have a combust (exact conjunction) Node points,
but flipped-- her NN being 2 deg Leo (to self love), mine respectively on 2 Aqu (to humanitarianism).

My daughter and I have combust Nodes too! I was 37 when I gave birth to her and our North Nodes are at 28 deg Gemini and So. Nodes at 28 degrees Sag.... in opposite houses, so it appears that our karma is very connected. What I neglected in this life, a career, has become her absolute focus. My NN is in the 12th house along with Uranus and I became an Astrologer. Hers is in the 6th house conjunct a Cancer Descendant and all she can think about is work and her husband, although she is very loving toward me as well, ie her family. She is also driven by a Saturn/Pluto/Midheaven conjunction in her 10th house, while I only have Moon in the 10th, on the cusp of the 11th house and I have switched jobs my entire life, many of those jobs were "domestic" in nature, per the Moon's placement - house cleaning, vegetarian cooking jobs, I was seamstress for awhile, an organic gardener and a Realtor.