Where to look for talents in a birth chart?

Futoshi

I have been told a few times (most recently here in this forum), that I have a potential talent for writing fiction and even becoming famous with it, but when I tried to find such 'talent' on my own while studying my birth chart, I couldn't really find anything there aside from my moon in the 3rd house - which seems to be common among fiction writers and poets.

So, now I am a bit confused about these 'talents' in a birth chart, are they a combination of inner/outer planets, degrees, houses or they can be isolated in 1 placement?

(https://imgur.com/a/RHvX7p6)

blackbery

You have an unusual amount of planets in Capricorn in 8th House...and Mercury is smack dab in the middle. Therefore, all forms of communication are highlighted. I don't know about fame but you could be a wonderful speaker, writer, particularly in taboo or 'occult' subjects.

When there is a cluster of planets like yours, your 'talents' would lie in this area which are the key forces in your life.

Have you ever considered studying psychology or psychiatry?
Capricorn being an earth sign gives you a practical outlet for your talents in thinking, writing & speech. Have you studied the paranormal, the NDE, the 'other worldly'?

Not only do you have this earth stellium but you also have Sun conjunct Saturn in the 9th. Which brings another level of logic & stability.

You really do have a unique ability to hone in on your talents & become very proficient in your field of expertise. :happy:

I have been told a few times (most recently here in this forum), that I have a potential talent for writing fiction and even becoming famous with it, but when I tried to find such 'talent' on my own while studying my birth chart, I couldn't really find anything there aside from my moon in the 3rd house - which seems to be common among fiction writers and poets.

So, now I am a bit confused about these 'talents' in a birth chart, are they a combination of inner/outer planets, degrees, houses or they can be isolated in 1 placement?

Mister Skeleton

Usually, you would look to trines between planets which could show natural talent for something (which can also be taken for granted if not channeled properly due to the ease that the trine brings.) Of course, that doesn't mean that the other aspects can't indicate talent, just that the trines seem to be the go to aspects when looking for them.

The 2nd house, besides being the house of money/resources, values and possessions, can also show talents that you may have. For writing that also includes planets being in the 3rd house, or harmonious aspects to Mercury.

Some of the indicators I see here for talent in writing include:

* 2nd house cusp in Gemini, the sign of Mercury, planet of communication.

* Mercury trine Jupiter. Mercury rules writing, communication, the thought process, and Jupiter expands these things.

* Mercury conjunct Neptune. This aspect can mean that the person has a very fertile imagination, good for fiction writing. Neptune also rules poetry, so it can also indicate having a knack for poetry.

Note: I also want to add that the South Node can also show natural talents that you may have. Your South Node in Cancer falls in the 3rd house using the Whole Sign system, while with Placidus the ruler of the South Node falls in the 3rd.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
As already mentioned, along with favorable aspect and appropriate house domicile or rulership, for example, Merc in or ruling the 3rd, you would look to the essential dignity of the relevant planets: are they in the sign of their dignity or exaltation? Is there mutual reception between the relevant planets?

There are many combinations of astrological characterizations that point to a favorable attribute or talent.

Futoshi

Thank you for your response!

It is nice of you to point out these aspects to me, I was not sure where to look and now that you have explained the trines and some of the aspects, I think I might understand them better. The problem I was having, mostly, is that my Jupiter trine most of the planets in my chart, so it was just wondering if I was a 'jack-of-all-trades'! lol

When people started mentioning my 'talent' for writing, I was really confused and tried to look it up myself, but of course, as a beginner, it is hard to read charts with little knowledge of it.

Usually, you would look to trines between planets which could show natural talent for something (which can also be taken for granted if not channeled properly due to the ease that the trine brings.) Of course, that doesn't mean that the other aspects can't indicate talent, just that the trines seem to be the go to aspects when looking for them.

The 2nd house, besides being the house of money/resources, values and possessions, can also show talents that you may have. For writing that also includes planets being in the 3rd house, or harmonious aspects to Mercury.

Some of the indicators I see here for talent in writing include:

* 2nd house cusp in Gemini, the sign of Mercury, planet of communication.

* Mercury trine Jupiter. Mercury rules writing, communication, the thought process, and Jupiter expands these things.

* Mercury conjunct Neptune. This aspect can mean that the person has a very fertile imagination, good for fiction writing. Neptune also rules poetry, so it can also indicate having a knack for poetry.

Note: I also want to add that the South Node can also show natural talents that you may have. Your South Node in Cancer falls in the 3rd house using the Whole Sign system, while with Placidus the ruler of the South Node falls in the 3rd.

Futoshi

Have you ever considered studying psychology or psychiatry?
Capricorn being an earth sign gives you a practical outlet for your talents in thinking, writing & speech. Have you studied the paranormal, the NDE, the 'other worldly'?

Thank you for the response and I'm sorry for the delay in replying!

Funny you mentioned psychology, I guess that 8th house stellium is really strong with this one! lol

I did 3 years of pyschology at university, but I dropped out because the placement at the hospital I was working at was crazy!! :sad:

Harmelia

I read your chart as saying that your main past life wound has to do with the way you perceive yourself - your self-identity - because you were expected to play a role that didn't suit you - or - you weren't seen for who you truly are. You didn't get to develop yourself as you would have liked. Most likely, your family didn't support your natural talents - so in this lifetime, you are exploring who you truly are. Your chart ruler is Venus, and it is in the 8th house along with Mars in Sagittarius. Sagittarius is all about learning and growing.

South Node in Cancer says you're super-sensitive. Aquarius is also very attuned to energy and sensitive. Also it says to me that you were very defined by your family in a way that caused you not to develop your true self. The Capricorn North Node is about finding your authentic self. Taurus rising keeps your social relationships on the superficial and pleasant side. You don't care to share yourself all that much - or only with a few close people. You tend to like your solitude.

Lots of people with significant 8th house planets are into psychology or metaphysics, and are doing some kind of inner reflection or self-investigation. I think whatever you do, it will be investigative and analytical - because you have 8th house planets and Jupiter in Virgo. The 4th house is the house of home and family and psychology - the place where we are conditioned - so this also points to inner reflection and doing emotional growth work.

With Leo on IC, you need relationships to get feedback - or - affirmation about who you are. 8th house is also a relational house, but it is more of a transformational house - learning about oneself and changing oneself - letting go of what isn't you and developing what is you.

Moon in Leo in the 3rd house could indicate creative writing or teaching or having something to do in communications, but you have Chiron there saying that placement is a problem area. Jupiter in Virgo could also be good for writing too as well as Mercury in the 8th - or Sun and Saturn in the 9th. The 3rd and 9th are writer's houses, teacher's houses, teaching and learning and communicating. Mercury rules Virgo and Gemini - and is the writer or teacher. However, many people with planets in those signs and houses, aren't necessarily writers or teachers. So, even if the chart says there is potential there, you'd still have to develop it and have a passion for it. I take it from your confusion, that you don't see yourself as a writer.

If you do see yourself writing, then I'd think you could use writing to explore yourself through your characters (Mercury in 8th) - and maybe write a good crime novel. If not, you could write on non-fiction subjects (Sun/Saturn in 9th) that interest you. With all that Capricorn, you'd probably have the staying power to undertake writing projects. However, you could be many things other than a writer. You could love to travel and have interest in being in the travel industry in some way (Sun/Saturn in 9th, Aquarius MC). Aquarius is usually very smart and intuitive and is pretty antsy - it likes to travel as much Sagittarius or 9th house. You may like to be on the ocean water (Jupiter in 4th, Capricorn, 8th house - water houses - Captain of your ship) - or - even be involved in technological things (aquarius/virgo) - engineering - architecture - or even science (the hidden structures of things). I'm sure that whatever you do, you will need to use your fine mind and analytical abilities. Follow your passions . . . whatever they are.

Last edited: