Weak Signs

david starling

There are no weak Signs. There are only weak people who have them as Signs. And those who know they are weak, are far stronger than those who are weak but believe they are strong.:innocent:

Kitchy

Banned
Starling - I must disagree with you this one time.... Broken-stop-.jpg

david starling

Saturn has never been my friend.

Saturn is the "weakness detector" in a Chart. If vulnerability exists, Saturn will alert you to it. There are some, like Kitchy, who can marshal the resources included in her Chart to reinforce whatever Saturn reveals that requires reinforcing. Others look at what Saturn reveals and feel despair, because their Chart doesn't support the necessary work. I think it might be a case of blaming the messenger.:unsure:

david starling

my bad attempt at humor? :(

"there is no such thing as a weak sign"

not meant to be a loaded statement. sorry.

Weakness, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.:innocent:
In the case of the ability to eliminate, or compensate for, the weaknesses revealed (in no uncertain terms!) by Saturn, it's really the Aspects and Houses, not the Signs, that make the difference.[IMO]
Here's one for you--how about a Zodiac Sign pecking order! lol Watch out for those head-butters; and that guy running around on four legs with a bow and arrow! Oh, and sharks and barracudas are included in the fish category!

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I have Mars 0'46 retro Cancer. I have been told by so many astrologers that my natal Mars is ineffectual - weak - in terms of Mars-ness. Perhaps it is because of my Mars ruled MC that I refuse to believe it.

david starling

Kitchy, maybe you can help me with this: Uranian Conjunction with NN in Gemini, H4; Squares my Asc. and Merc. and Mars in Pisces, and Trines Moon and Venus in Aquarius in H12. Is that an unresolvable conflict or a negotiable maze? Or neither(lol).
Apropos your joke and great picture, "A Sign is only weak when it's not well-grounded." Elevating humor--kind of like George Carlin.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Kitchy, maybe you can help me with this: Uranian Conjunction with NN in Gemini, H4; Squares my Asc. and Merc. and Mars in Pisces, and Trines Moon and Venus in Aquarius in H12. Is that an unresolvable conflict or a negotiable maze? Or neither(lol).
Apropos your joke and great picture, "A Sign is only weak when it's not well-grounded." Elevating humor--kind of like George Carlin.
Goo

First - yes, George Carlin is one of my idol's - except he is much too free thinking. Oxymorons - Jumbo Shrimp. I got turned onto him pretty early, about when I had my first Jupiter return at 12 or so. He made me laugh with his ways.

So - is your weak sign concern of Uranus with node Gemini a problem for you? Google 'erudite' and 'quick' and weed out the dumbells from their - Kitchy's kitsch answer is 'no problemo' once you separate the wheat from the chafe. In house 4 - you should have been a cut-up at home, or at worst - an eye opener. I'm sorry if you had to learn to refine your humor and slay to appease the thick heads. You can get over it here and now by standing tall and just like Trump - who has so much Uranus, the world loves him or hates him, and ask for allegience to what they believe - just like the CPAC last August did saying 'would you stand behind a republican candidate if you aren't nominated?' and he said, "Sure, why not?" because he KNEW he was going to be the candidate. Inspite of the get-the-Uranian mentality. He knew.

But I detract.

I don't think Trump's 11th Uranus stuff affects his Asc. - it helps, because as they say - better to be known than not known. I say this for you.

I can't say much about Mars in Pisces except that bro born in 1954 has it, and he couldn't find his feet out of a paper sack without someone to tell him where his feet are - which means - he gets constant advice and guidance on getting out of everything.

Moon-Venus in Aquarius? Well, I could go on a tirade about WTF does Aquarius have to do with Moon and Venus and how awful that must be - but because you have Uranus strong in your chart - you don't have a problem with it - only other people do.

Maybe you might watch some 70's Billy Jack movies and see how that Wrangler rolls? For the better of the common whole.

The worst of that aspect is the true and unmeaning hurtfulness of detachment in emotions and love affairs. You might be the mate who says to mate - 'i'm not going to stand up for you - you must always mean what you say and say what you mean, either way you're own your own' or you take the same comforting interest in a stranger that you do your mother or family. There is never mal intent in that, is there? - just a more universal message.

Last edited:

craft94

Saturn is the "weakness detector" in a Chart. If vulnerability exists, Saturn will alert you to it. There are some, like Kitchy, who can marshal the resources included in her Chart to reinforce whatever Saturn reveals that requires reinforcing. Others look at what Saturn reveals and feel despair, because their Chart doesn't support the necessary work. I think it might be a case of blaming the messenger.:unsure:
Are you calling me weak? Or am I misinterpreting you?

Maybe I have a weak Saturn but Saturn isn't the only "weakness detector". What about Pluto? Uranus? Mars?

Last edited:

david starling

Why the Mermaid? It started with a skeptic's dismissal of Astrology as "mere astromancy". I liked the word, which means divination. So, I put Astrology into the Piscean context in Tropicalism: The two fish, Solsticial, swimming in opposite directions, representing the extreme but limited distance between the Tropics. The lower one, Capricornian, the fish of Astronomy. The upper one, Cancerian, the fish of Astromancy. Astrology needs them both, Astronomy to draw the Chart, and Astromancy to give significance to and interpret the Chart. It's no surprise to me that, in the culminating phase of the Age of Capricorn, Astronomy sued for divorce (about 1600 A.D.), and declared Astromancy was fanciful and no longer "real". After all she had done for him! Historians took Astromancy's muse away, labeling Urania the "muse of Astronomy" despite the fact that the Muses themselves were products of an Age when the two were happily married, and people believed in Sea-goats and Mermaids. Urania, the Muse of ASTROLOGY relates more to the upper fish than the lower. Aloof,
mysterious, vain and seductive, water-dwelling, bare-breasted, and beloved by children (breasts covered of course!). The perfect counterpart to the wise old, lustful, civilization-building Goatfish of Ancient Mesopotamia. The Sign of the fishes needs two fishy symbols. No crustaceans needed. Notice the Mergoat qualifies because Cap. is the Watery Earth-sign.

Last edited:

david starling

Are you calling me weak? Or am I misinterpreting you?

Maybe I have a weak Saturn but Saturn isn't the only "weakness detector". What about Pluto? Uranus? Mars?

It's about Charts, and my contention (look Kitchy, I said "contention" in place of "opinion"!) that we all have to meet the requirements of this Age of Capricorn under Saturnian Rulership. So anything in any Chart that gets in the way of fulfilling those requirements is what Saturn "detects" as a "weakness". For me,the major issues are about being on time and making money. And enjoying kicking-back way too much! So I try to tell Saturn, "Hey, I got all that Pisces in the 1st House. Those aren't weaknesses, they're character-traits!" But I still have to toe the line. And, to the extent I can't or won't, Saturn tries to convince me I'm "weak". It's all about Attitude and the war of
nerves. You seem tough enough to thumb your nose at Saturn's opinion of you, just
like I am. But I never take what Saturn tells me lightly!

Last edited:

graay ghost

I don't know. It depends on what we consider weak. And it also depends on what we consider strong. What we might view as strength may not actually be strength but rather mistaking battering something so deadened and numb does not get much response for strength.

conspiracy theorist

I don't know. It depends on what we consider weak. And it also depends on what we consider strong. What we might view as strength may not actually be strength but rather mistaking battering something so deadened and numb does not get much response for strength.

What do you consider weak and would it fall under a sign or perhaps planetary combinations?

graay ghost

What do you consider weak and would it fall under a sign or perhaps planetary combinations?

It's hard to say. One of the big things I consider weakness an unwillingness to engage in introspection and accept wrongdoing, an unwillingness to improve. I'm not that great at astrology but I'm wondering if this would be a weak Saturn?

conspiracy theorist

It's hard to say. One of the big things I consider weakness an unwillingness to engage in introspection and accept wrongdoing, an unwillingness to improve. I'm not that great at astrology but I'm wondering if this would be a weak Saturn?

It's possible. I mean Saturn is the planet of fear and ossification so a person who doesn't want to introspect (due to fear of what they find?) or an inability to learn from their experiences and grow (solidified and stunted) sounds like the work of a negative Saturn indeed. If you're not growing you're dead or deteriorating which I'd peg on Saturn traditionally and Pluto modernly.

I don't encounter that view of weakness often