Handicapping Winners Via Astrology Made Easy

Handicapping Winners Via Astrology Made Easy

12:04 PM 2/26/06 Sun

With the 2006 Winter Olympics winding down, I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back at one of the biggest upsets of the Turin Games: Japan's first Olympic Gold Medal figure skater, Shizuka Arakawa, coming out of nowhere and defeating Russia's Irina Slutskaya, considered by many to be the favorite, and the USA's Sasha Cohen, the on-again/off-again skater who was being watched to see if she would pull through this time.

Astrology can be a huge help in determining who will win out in contests such as football games, electional races, or in this case, a figure skating contest at the Olympic level. One doesn't need much to do either - just a firm grasp of the fundamentals of Astrology, and the birthdates of the contestants. One need not even have a timed chart; just the birthdate will do.

Since figure skating is indeed a sport requiring much skill, dedication and training, it must come under the rulership of Mars; therefore, it stands to reason that whoever has the strongest Martian placements and aspects in their chart has a higher chance of winning, because that means that the skater in question has the ability and greater likelihood of being able to perform all the many moves that competition figure skating requires.

Also, we want to see if there are Super Aspects in the chart, particularly those involving "the big four": Sun-Pluto, Venus-Pluto, Uranus-Pluto and Jupiter-Pluto. The more such aspects one has on their birthdate, the greater chance they stand to gain bigtime success.

And finally, we want to see what transits and Solar Arcs are in operation at around the time of the contest itself; transits and arcs of Venus, Jupiter, Pluto & the Sun are usually positive, whereas transits or arcs of Neptune and Saturn are almost always negative and portend a losing outcome. Uranian transits and arcs can be something of a wild card; I like to carefully assess the whole picture before I annouce either way when Uranus is involved.

OK, so let's look at the charts:

Sasha Cohen Oct 26 1984 Westwood CA: Cohen was born with Mars exalted in Capricorn, sextile Mercury and Saturn, both in Scorpio; she also has the Sun conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, giving her a good amount of "name and fame" despite the fact that she has yet to win any Gold Medals to date.

Irina Slutskaya Feb 9 1979 Moscow Russia: It's easy to see why Slutskaya was considered the favorite in this contest; she's racked up an incredible amount of skating medals and awards, including many Golds (something like 40 in all!). Her Solarscope shows a strong Sun-Mercury-Mars triple conjunction, with Mars also trine Pluto, and all three planets in Aquarius square Uranus! This gives her incredible balance and energy, and she's known for her explosive style of skating. The Sun-Uranus and Sun-Pluto aspects also contribute mightily to her success.

Shizuka Arakawa Dec 29 1981 Tokyo Japan: Arakawa has the Sun square Mars, with Mars also trine Venus and sextile Uranus (keep in mind, that Mars is in Libra, making the aspect between Venus and Mars even stronger). Arakawa is said to be tall for a skater, and is able to use her height to her advantage in competition, displaying graceful moves that makes the most of her frame. The Venusian tie-ins to her Mars gives her atheleticism a balletic quality, and she has said that she likes to skate to classical music, akin to what ballet dancers do.

Now, from just the little bit above, we can clearly see that Cohen had an uphill battle astrologically, because the other two skaters had much stronger Mars placements, Slutskaya being the strongest.

Checking the transits and arcs for Feb 2006, we find the following for each skater:

Cohen had transit Saturn square her Sun and, most importantly, her Pluto, a grave portent of loss. It's been said that Cohen had been injured prior to taking to the competition ice, and those rumors seem to have been true, as she fell several times in an attempt to do high jumps in the course of her programs. We can really stop there.

Slutskaya had transit Jupiter square her Aquarian stellium, which would have been great had it not been for Neptune's involvement; it too conjuncted her Water Bearing planets, and despite her flaming red dress and Flamenco theme, everyone agreed that she was flat. Neptune can do that, sap your energy, drain your strength, and will give you a "blah" look. Strangely enough, she also had, exact in Feb, SA Sun=Jupiter, but it wasn't enough to pull her through the competitions; like Cohen, she too fell, right on her fanny at that. Ouch!

Arakawa had no transits to speak of in Feb; neither did she have any Solar Arcs for Feb! Sure, a timed chart could give us more information, but think about this for a moment: the other competitors had significant astrological difficulty in terms of transits and arcs; and Arakawa's natal astrology looked stronger than Cohen's. That means that Arakawa's chances for winning were good, because things equalled out, so to speak.

There will be some will poo-poo this method with all manner of this or that reasoning, but I challege the reader, to test this out for yourself. Just get the birthdates of the people involved the next time you want to find out the winner of any contest, look for the appropraite planetary symbolism, check for Success Aspects, and then check for hard transit and Solar Arc hits. Chances are, more often than not, you'll be able to spot a winner before the contest begins.

Some of you may recall my discussing the chart of Mariah Carey in the light of her being upset at the Grammys earlier this month, for the "Female Artist of The Year" award by American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson. Now, keep in mind, Carey made a huge comeback in 2005 and did indeed win 3 Grammys that night - but let's keep in mind, when you've had such huge success like Carey, winning awards is old hat. It's the BIG ONE that really counts.

This is what I said:

"Taking a look at the transits and Solar Arcs in play for Jan-Feb, we see the following for Carey: tr Jupiter opposed Mars, ruler of the 10th, tr Saturn applying opposition to natal Saturn in the 10th; SA Node=Saturn/Pluto (all in Jan); SA Moon=Sun (exact Feb). For Clarkson: tr Saturn applying to square the Sun-Jupiter opposition, tr Pluto in exact conjunction with Neptune (Jan & Feb); SA Mars=Pluto (Jan), SA Uranus=Neptune (Feb).
Seems like Carey's Node=Saturn/Pluto arc really did her in as far as the voting for the big award goes; with the known astrology of Clarkson, it just didn't seem like it was enough to, in and of itself, suggest her winning so big. Again, the Angles and Moon positions are key, and again, Carey's not so favorable astrology at the time of the awards says it all."

- Kelly Clarkson v. Mariah Carey 8:18 AM 2/12/06 Sun

And I didn't stop there; before the Grammys of Feb 2006, I again used this method to determine the winner in the New Jersey Gubernatorial Elections:

"According to imdb.com, Jon Corzine was born on Jan 1 1947 in Taylorville, IL; according to Wikipedia, Doug Forrester was born on Jan 24 1953 in Glendale, CA. There is no birthtimes available for either politician. But the Solarscopes for both reveals so clearly the outcome of the elections on Nov 8.

Corzine has the following Super Aspects in operation at birth: AP=Jupiter/Pluto, Uranus in declinational aspect to Pluto; Venus conjunct Jupiter. We can also add the Solar Asc ruler, Saturn, in conjunction with the Magi designated planet of Politics, Pluto, in the Sign of leadership, Leo.

Forrester on the other hand, has Jupiter sextile Uranus, important here due to Uranus ruling the Solar Asc; Sun=Uranus/Pluto, Uranus=Venus/Jupiter, Venus=Sun/Jupiter; and finally, like Corzine, Forrester has Uranus parallel Pluto.

Now, take a look back at the aspects for both candidates, and note that Corzine has a Jupiter-Pluto aspect; Forrester does not. The results speaks for themselves.

In terms of who would win the elections, we can look at the transits and Solar Arcs operative in both charts in Nov 2005; for Corzine, he had SA Venus=Node exact in Sep, and in Nov, he had SA Venus=Sun/Pluto with transit Jupiter square Saturn (Saturn again ruling the Solar Asc). Forrester had SA Sun=Node in Oct, but he also had in the same month, SA Uranus=Neptune, a very debilitating picture suggesting weakness - and I must say, the potential for engaging in underhanded activities.

On the basis of all of this, the night before the New Jersey elections, I told the missus that while I was pulling for Forrester, the political reality of the Garden State, along with the natal and predictive astrology, strongly supported Corzine, and I expected him to win. He did."

- 2005 Off-Year Election Wrap-Up Analysis 5:18 PM 11/9/05 Wed

See what I mean here?

So again, try this out for yourself - and let me know what you come up with!

Salaam,
Mu

fensi88

Western & Vedic Astrologer! How do you manage it? What did you learn first: Western or Vedic? I would like to know Vedic, try to learn it but it is so comlicated to me, maybe because I can not "forget" western astrology while I learn Vedic and then all mixed in my head! Or maybe because of language barrier :?

I did not know until I read your article about "the big 4". I have only one, my daughter 2, hope her children will have all 4!

Hi Fensi,

Thanks, appreciate it. I get that all the time, LOL...it's really not that big of a deal with me. But I will admit that I have Mercury in very thight conjunction with the Sun, and in my Western chart Asc ruling Saturn is in the 3rd and opposing the ruler of the 3rd, Mars, in the 9th...so picking up other languages has never been that hard for me to do.

Get Light on Life...it's a very good beginning book.

Salaam,
Mu

To Radu

Hi Radu,

Thanks for allowing me to come aboard! I like what you've done with the site. I emailed you awhile back, never heard back from you. Would love to get with you on some things.

Holla back.

Salaam,
Mu

Wolfgang

Hi Mu,
I really liked your analysis of figure skating event. I am using similar techniques which i learned from Courtney Roberts. She has a great website with all sorts of sports astrology research and results. Check it out sometime...courtneyrobertshome.com.