Saturn in Taurus (in Its Face/Decan) and in the Tenth House

My chart has only three planets in their faces:

Moon in Cancer, Jupiter in Libra, and Saturn in Taurus.

No other planet is in a rulership, exaltation, debility, or fall. Some say that this means my planets are peregrine though this is up for debate. The purpose of this thread is not to debate this, as I do have aspects between planets, and plenty of them. I am also aware of the Watery Triplicity and the Fiery Triplicity (if one considers Chiron--also up for debate) in my chart, but I am not here to discuss those yet, either.

What I would like to discuss, however, is the Saturn in Taurus aspect, as it seems to have the most impact on my professional life, as far as I can tell. The sources I've found seem to align with what has happened throughout my professional life and what continues to happen. It's rather uncanny, actually.

I wonder if anyone else with this aspect has experienced the same, or if others know those who have experienced it.

Once source, my favorite one which got me started with astrology a few years back is the A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator by Llewellyn George.

This is what he has to say about this aspect:

"Thoughtful, kind, quiet but sometimes quick-tempered, stubborn, resentful and not easily appeased. Economical, prudent, diplomatic and somewhat reserved over personal affairs, especially finances. [...] Sorrow or loss through relatives; unfortunate domestic experiences; gain through thrift, economy and judicious investment."

And in the 10th House [more pertinent occupational information is in boldface]:

"A great deal depends upon the signs and aspects. When well aspected, ambition for power and advancement, the native rises above his sphere in life by steady, persevering industry.

When afflicted by aspect or weak by sign, rise and success is followed by downfall or adversity. The subject is usually persistent and has ability, but lacks opportunities and meets with obstacles, delay, dull periods and disappointment. In business, financial ruin is threatened; in professional life, dishonor and failures whether deserved or not; in political matters, defeat. Public affairs fail and bring loss and discredit. These take place during adverse transits and directions. If the native has a good situation he had best keep it and not branch out into new undertakings which entail heavy liabilities or great responsibility."

Mercury in good aspect helps to improve the condition and denotes government officials, land surveyors and dealers, managers, organizers, solicitors, stationers, binders, lawyers, scientists, geologists, architects, contractors, builders, mining engineers, coal dealers and other employments where care and skill, patience or organized and concentrated efforts are required; diplomatic occupations."

One can look at my username and see I am a firefighter. Before moving into public safety I taught school for fifteen years and experienced much of the same back-biting and backstabbing as those around me clamored to the top for political reasons, much to my dismay. I now experience much of the same behavior from those around me.

I really could care less about advancement and am perfectly happy to stay where I'm at. My motto is, "just leave me alone and let me do my job". However, my superiors seem intent on having me take more of a leadership role.

How this is reflected in my chart is that I have a somewhat favorable aspect, Saturn in its Face, in my natal chart (one of three, as I've stated) and Saturn is otherwise well-aspected throughout my chart:

chart.png

The problems I have arise, mostly I feel, is that Saturn is poorly aspected in the areas of the Ascendant and Midheaven, areas that generally affect the professional arena. But here we have both good and bad, both bad and good.

My questions are:
  • Am I correct in AC/MC assessment?
  • Are there aspects other than AC/MC, such as transits, that I should be looking at, or am I completely off-base?
  • Does to have both positive and negative aspects in the chart then mean that this neutral?

Final question: Any other comments or concerns as a student you would like me to consider?

Thank you for reading and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

greybeard

I call your attention to the partile (within about one minute of arc) sesquiquadrate Saturn-Pluto.

Saturn beholds no major aspect. He is unaspected. Saturn comes to High Focus in this chart and is preeminent. He strongly influences every aspect of life. Saturn in this position imbues the native with Shrewdness. His 10th house position orients the life toward issues of/with authority as well as public position; career is at the forefront.

The midheaven is in the last degree of Aries, the sign of Saturn's fall. Interestingly, Aries is a sign of leadership. I usually interpret the "last degree" as carrying some sort of turbulence, uncertainty, unpredictability, unexpected change, etc. Examine the significance of Aries and the condition of its lord Mars for more information.

I notice two features of personality that merit attention.

You need a lot of freedom. Original, often radical thinking. You might sometimes be seen as contrary. Saturn is a conformist. But there is a part of you that spits out the bit and cannot conform.

And you need attention, recognition, applause. A mixed bag here. Sun and Moon are in mutual reception, but Moon is badly aspected and Sun is in the obscure 12th.

Each aspect in a chart acts both independently of and in cooperation with the other aspects. A "good" and a "bad" aspect do not yield neutrality. Each operates on its own and the cumulative effects result in an outcome, or consequences.

Last edited:
I call your attention to the partile (within about one minute of arc) sesquiquadrate Saturn-Pluto.

Saturn beholds no major aspect. He is unaspected. Saturn comes to High Focus in this chart and is preeminent. He strongly influences every aspect of life. Saturn in this position imbues the native with Shrewdness. His 10th house position orients the life toward issues of/with authority as well as public position; career is at the forefront.
I have heard before from others also adept in astrology that politics and career is at the forefront in my life, that I would be drawn into politics later in life, and not from my own choosing. This is similar to what you have said here.

The midheaven is in the last degree of Aries, the sign of Saturn's fall. Interestingly, Aries is a sign of leadership. I usually interpret the "last degree" as carrying some sort of turbulence, uncertainty, unpredictability, unexpected change, etc. Examine the significance of Aries and the condition of its lord Mars for more information.
I've often wondered about my MC sort of tucked in there very close to Saturn in Taurus. Interesting. I'm often seen an an aggressive type personality in the professional world, which is quite laughable to me. In fact, quite recently there was a rumor at work that I got terminated for fighting! It wasn't me, but curious that this is the type i am associated with. Astounding, really.

I notice two features of personality that merit attention.

You need a lot of freedom. Original, often radical thinking. You might sometimes be seen as contrary. Saturn is a conformist. But there is a part of you that spits out the bit and cannot conform.

And you need attention, recognition, applause. A mixed bag here. Sun and Moon are in mutual reception, but Moon is badly aspected and Sun is in the obscure 12th.

Each aspect in a chart acts both independently of and in cooperation with the other aspects. A "good" and a "bad" aspect do not yield neutrality. Each operates on its own and the cumulative effects result in an outcome, or consequences.

Yes, there is always much that goes on in one's chart. Best to take one bit at a time. Funny how Moon is badly aspected and it is "my planet" being natal Sun in Cancer. I feel much more like a Leo, probably because of Rising Leo and Moon in Leo. I tend to be sensitive like a Cancer, but that's about as far as it goes. Reminds me of a line from Ab Fab "You may dress like a Christian but the similarity ends there."

You mentioned before how career is at the forefront. Saturn peregrine (non-aspected and flying solo way up there in the chart) lends itself well to me. My whole life I've tended to be an over-achiever. My self-worth, unfortunately, tied in with success.

Thank you for the time in explaining this to me.

Off to do more research.