How much sun sign are you?

CapAquaPis

I believe it can be measured in two different versions, our sun sign is the most prominent and there are other factors like the moon, ascendant, sun and moon sign ruler planets - they can affect you in a way, like the course of your life (sun) and how was your day like (moon). The 10 celestial bodies or planets recognized in astrology will alter your natal charts and horoscopes naturally.

Here;s one - the sun is our ego, identity and individualism. The moon is our emotions, mental state and psyche. And Ascendant is our personality, character and how others view us.:
50% sun, 25% moon, 12.5% ascendant and 6.25% each of sun sign ruler and moon sign ruler planets.

And another I feel is more accurate (theories of moon signs are more dominant for women in natal charts):
40% sun (male) or moon (female), 30% moon (male) or sun (female), 20% ascendant (for both) and 5% each sun sign ruler and moon sign ruler planets. The compositions are different and still I can go with that.

I believe 2 more celestial bodies in our solar system not yet declared planets in astrology: Ceres co-rules Taurus and Virgo, and Eris on Gemini and Libra, can be useful here. It means we have 2 ruler planets each for our sun and moon signs. Try to have 1.56% on one version and 2.50% on the other version of which ruler or co-ruler of your sun or moon will make up your astro-profile.

BaoSanniang

I've heard theories that if you were born at night your moon sign might have more influence than your sun sign. Not sure how true that is.

Baat

I'm certainly a beginner with everything astrology related, but I imagine that aspects in the natal chart are relevant as well. I have sun in Libra square moon in Capricorn, and am Saturn dominant overall in my birth chart. I was ambivalent towards astrology for a long time for this reason, I'm far from a social butterfly and not very charming or people pleasing either. All the descriptions of libra I read seemed very unrelatable to me as I'm sure you can imagine! My 2 cents

conspiracy theorist

I've heard theories that if you were born at night your moon sign might have more influence than your sun sign. Not sure how true that is.

I encountered some years ago a statistical analysis done by a poster on another forum that found higher frequencies of professions with certain sun and moon placements depending on if the chart owner was born during the day or night. As in, "Moon in Aquarius showed up more in X profession when the charts were night charts." I could find the thread if I was motivated but this goes some ways to explaining at least a difference that could be picked up by stat analysis.