Moon-Sun Mars-Sun Opposition in my birth chart!!!

wannabeanangel

Hello
it's me :innocent:

What does my moon-sun & Mars-sun opposition mean ?

Have a look at this birth chart :devil:
:crying:

Attachments

• astro_24gw_03_njoud_2016716.64907.13230.gif
    astro_24gw_03_njoud_2016716.64907.13230.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

waybread

You've actually got more going on, with your T-square involving Jupiter and sun-Neptune-Uranus.

The sun is your sense of self, or identity. The moon indicates your emotional nature. I would think that it doesn't take much for you to feel aggravated; and that it is hard for you to sustain a clear and persistent sense of self.

wannabeanangel

You've actually got more going on, with your T-square involving Jupiter and sun-Neptune-Uranus.

The sun is your sense of self, or identity. The moon indicates your emotional nature. I would think that it doesn't take much for you to feel aggravated; and that it is hard for you to sustain a clear and persistent sense of self.

I'm a patient person and I think I can be very calm when I want to :whistling:
I am looking for more explaining in this part, because I don't really get it :crying:

What is going on with my T-square?? :pouty: and why is that more affecting me ?

waybread

I'm not sure how much astrology you've studied, but there are a lot of "cookbooks" on line and in print on specific aspects. I recommend Robert Hand, Planets in Aspect.

With the moon as your emotional nature and the sun as your sense of personal identity, the opposition indicates that these parts of your personality tend to "oppose" one another. You may find a lot of head-heart conflicts. Mars is one's assertiveness and aggression. Moon conjunct Mars can be read, therefore, as "assertive or aggressive feelings." This doesn't mean you aren't calm under duress, but you may have had to work at learning this as a child, when you learned that temper tantrums didn't help you very much.

Then it can get more complicated, however, because the sun is the main "me" point in a chart. Each planet has multiple meanings, and a planet opposite the sun can be experienced as "not me." The moon also symbolizes one's mother and mature women more generally. Possibly your "not me" sense of self has externalized aggressive males (Mars) or older women (moon.) If this Jungian sort of splitting has occurred, then astrology becomes a tool for reintegrating the disowned parts of one's personality.

But wait. There's more.

Your sun conjuncts Neptune. Neptune is the planet of illusion and disillusionment, beautiful fantasy and despair, the visionary and the deluded, while missing the reality-check in between. Uranus conjuncts your sun and Neptune. It deals with sudden change, disruption, or liberation. Neptune conjunct sun people can find difficulties in developing a firm, consistent sense of self. Uranus can give a lot of pressure to be unique and different from the herd. People tend to identify with a planet conjunct their sun.

Then these planets square (are in a tense relationship with) Jupiter in Libra. Jupiter is the optimist, the feel-good factor, and it is in the harmony-loving balance-loving sign of Libra. Jupiter in the 10th house wants to be known for its balance and optimism, but maybe it does too good a job of putting a lid on some extremely volatile chart energies.

I don't think you're at all intrinsically calm and patient by nature, but if you had a traditional upbringing and schooling, you probably had to learn and internalize a lot of self-discipline; and that calm and patience were more desirable to your elders than aggression or being an iconoclast.

Oppositions and squares, in your case combined in a T-square, are important because the stressors in a horoscope-- and in life-- symbolize forces we have to address. We cannot just let them glide or slide by.

Having said that, your chart has some real strengths: Jupiter and Venus in mutual reception, Saturn domiciled in Aquarius, and transformative Pluto trining your sun-Mars. You'd probably make a good scientist, but your Venus suggests you also have some artistic ability.

Last edited:

wannabeanangel

I'm not sure how much astrology you've studied, but there are a lot of "cookbooks" on line and in print on specific aspects. I recommend Robert Hand, Planets in Aspect.

With the moon as your emotional nature and the sun as your sense of personal identity, the opposition indicates that these parts of your personality tend to "oppose" one another. You may find a lot of head-heart conflicts. Mars is one's assertiveness and aggression. Moon conjunct Mars can be read, therefore, as "assertive or aggressive feelings." This doesn't mean you aren't calm under duress, but you may have had to work at learning this as a child, when you learned that temper tantrums didn't help you very much.

Then it can get more complicated, however, because the sun is the main "me" point in a chart. Each planet has multiple meanings, and a planet opposite the sun can be experienced as "not me." The moon also symbolizes one's mother and mature women more generally. Possibly your "not me" sense of self has externalized aggressive males (Mars) or older women (moon.) If this Jungian sort of splitting has occurred, then astrology becomes a tool for reintegrating the disowned parts of one's personality.

But wait. There's more.

Your sun conjuncts Neptune. Neptune is the planet of illusion and disillusionment, beautiful fantasy and despair, the visionary and the deluded, while missing the reality-check in between. Uranus conjuncts your sun and Neptune. It deals with sudden change, disruption, or liberation. Neptune conjunct sun people can find difficulties in developing a firm, consistent sense of self. Uranus can give a lot of pressure to be unique and different from the herd. People tend to identify with a planet conjunct their sun.

Then these planets square (are in a tense relationship with) Jupiter in Libra. Jupiter is the optimist, the feel-good factor, and it is in the harmony-loving balance-loving sign of Libra. Jupiter in the 10th house wants to be known for its balance and optimism, but maybe it does too good a job of putting a lid on some extremely volatile chart energies.

I don't think you're at all intrinsically calm and patient by nature, but if you had a traditional upbringing and schooling, you probably had to learn and internalize a lot of self-discipline; and that calm and patience were more desirable to your elders than aggression or being an iconoclast.

Oppositions and squares, in your case combined in a T-square, are important because the stressors in a horoscope-- and in life-- symbolize forces we have to address. We cannot just let them glide or slide by.

Having said that, your chart has some real strengths: Jupiter and Venus in mutual reception, Saturn domiciled in Aquarius, and transformative Pluto trining your sun-Mars. You'd probably make a good scientist, but your Venus suggests you also have some artistic ability.

Thank you for your reading! this is really cool! :joyful:
now I understand it a little

" maybe it does too good a job of putting a lid on some extremely volatile chart energies."
I believe Jupiter is very powerful planet :lol:

but still I have the worst Mars placement :alien::alien::alien::alien: that's aweful

waybread

In traditional astrology, you've got (gasp, shudder, shock) retrograde Mars in the sign of its fall in the 8th house. Not good, eh?

But in modern western astrology, these placements are not inherently bad, just different. I do think planets found in the sign they rule (domiciled) are extra strong, and you have your moon domiciled in Mercury conjunct Mars, and trine Pluto. To me this suggests needing to live life with a lot of emotional intensity-- possibly in areas that you fear society would disapprove of, because your Capricorn nature is inherently conservative and practical, and the 8th house tends to be very private. (In reading your chart, I wonder how you feel about The Game of Thrones!) Your Mercury-Uranus-Neptune also suggest a very imaginative thinker.

You might think of the 8th house as the energy of the phoenix, and the birth-life-sex-death-rebirth cycle; because astrological time is cyclical.

Also, there are few nicey-nice charts on the planet. Everyone comes to life with both assets and challenges.

JUPITERASC

I just added the chart !!!!
:joyful:
Great :smile:
Keep in mind that there are multiple forms of astrology such as Western, Vedic, Chinese and so on
and each astrologer has their own methodology and their own opinion
and may not agree with each other
that is not unusual
so
it is a good idea to learn the basics of astrology
to make your own decision regarding interpretation of your natal chart

Western Astrology is usually either Modern or Traditional
as well as either Tropical or Sidereal

here is a brief and clear visual illustration video of Sidereal and Tropical differences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI&feature=related

JUPITERASC

Hellenistically speaking your natal chart is a night chart because sun is below the horizon :smile:
For night charts, the planets working with the native are Moon, Venus and Mars
and
Moon and Mars are happiest when above the horizon in a night chart

JUPITERASC

there are multiple factors to consider when reading a chart

for example that a planet is not necessarily as happy in some signs as in others

i.e. with reference to your own natal chart
although your natal Cancer Moon is very happy and strong above the horizon in a night chart and on home territory
because Moon rules Cancer

in contrast
your natal Mars is not as happy as your natal Moon
because
Cancer is the Fall of Mars

that's because Mars is in Exaltation in Capricorn
and Cancer is directly opposite Capricorn

and
since astrologically speaking

A PLANET acts

and since

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

the idea is similar to the
the analogy of a 'performance' or 'play' :smile:

there are 12 basic 'backdrops' to the theatre or movie of a natal chart
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

and then the analogy continues that

Each of those 12 'backdrops' - dependent on time of birth -
is pinned as an individual 'background or cusp'
on each of the 12 basic 'scenes' aka 'houses'

houses-labeled.gif

1. Birth/Self/Appearance/Vitality/Strength

2. Resources, material comforts, earnings
and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature
including the manner of attaining wealth, personal goods and belongings,
assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted),
support and assistance from others. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

3 Brothers and sisters, cousins or general members of the family
(not parents, they belong to the 4th scene aka house).
Neighbors and local neighborhood. The environment in which we live and work.
Short journeys or those made on a regular basis.
Letters, rumors, reports, messages and messengers.
Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service.
Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates.
Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others.
Languages, mobility skills and self-expression http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

and so on..........

....each 'scene' aka 'house' features planets as 'actors' within any one of the 12 basic 'scenes' or 'houses'
'performing' before the 'backdrop' of the 12 'signs'

for example
Venus and Jupiter are in general thought of as the 'good guys'
Mars and Saturn are traditionally the 'villains of the piece'
Mercury can be the 'dodgy geezer', sometimes good sometimes not so good dependent on the company Mercury keeps :smile:

Scenes often 'merge'
taking into account that planets in each others houses influence the 'script'

and then
we have our "travelling players"
aka transiting planets
putting in temporary appearances

for example
transiting MOON is "on the scene" for approximately only 2.5 days
before travelling on to the next venue

MERCURY puts in an appearance "for one week only" then on to the next scene
after nineteen days
VENUS goes to the next stage