How many oppositions can one encounter?

lucammxi

Out of all aspects, the conjunction and opposition are probably at the heart of synastry. But how many oppositions can one statistically encounter when comparing two charts?

A few weeks ago a new colleague joined the department at work. There was an instant mutual liking and once i learned his birthday i found out some peculiar occurrences:

1. All of our inner planets (Sun through Mars) are in opposition to their counterparts (my Sun opposes his Sun, my Moon opposes his Moon, etc).
I didn't even know such a thing was statistically/astrologically possible, let alone the two people be contemporary to each other and actually meet in person !

2. Furthermore, if we allow whole sign aspects in our natal charts, we both have a lot of identical aspects:
- Sun trine Moon (his orb is 5 degrees, mine is 11)
- Venus sextile Mars (his orb is 9 degrees, mine is 6 degrees)
- Moon square Venus (his orb is 8 degree, mine is 3 degrees)
- Sun square Mars (his orb is 6 degrees, mine is 2 degrees).
- Moon trine Mercury (his orb is 10 degrees, mine is also 3 degrees)

2. The two bizarre occurrences above make it possible for our inner planets to form a series of planetary patterns, as follows:
- our Moons and Venus form a Grand Cross
- our Venus and Mars form a Mystic Rectangle
- our Sun and Mars form a Grand Cross
- our Sun and Moons form a Mystic Rectangle
- our Moons and Mercury form a Mystic Rectangle

Everyone at work is asking us if we had met beforehand because there is a strong sense of familiarity and compatibility between us :)

So my question to you is what's the maximum number of oppositions you have encountered between two charts?
I expect that Sun/Sun and Mercury/Mercury are somewhat frequent, plus maybe another inner planet at best ...

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Him.jpg
    Him.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 28