Impossible to Tie Down a Sagittarius?

rosedl

You have very good sun moon aspects which should considerably help to bridge the normal differences between your two very different signs. Your moon in Aries is trine his sun in Sag and his moon in Taurus is conjunct your sun in Taurus, so those are very helpful placements.

I am a bit biased on the Sag men and long term commitment deal. I have been with a Sag for ten years and truly committing to this relationship has been a hurdle with him forever. He also has a moon in Gemini which in no way helps the situation and yours has a much more stable moon in Taurus, so maybe that will be a big help.

My personal opinion is that they are not worth the trouble to try and pin down. If you are already strategizing about how to pin him down, let me tell you that this will get exhausting very quickly and you can't pin a Sag down. They can choose to stay on their own accord, but that is very different and they resent tactics to hold and keep them which they will believe are manipulative.

I love my Sag man, but he has never been mine.

Mark

rosedl: I think he would say that it's his choice which makes him yours. If he has been active in the relationship as much as he can be, then it sounds like he is yours. It seems that you may still be wanting what you already know he can't give.

alovelytune: My father is Sagittarius and he has been married to my mother for about 30 years; no domestic violence, no cheating, et cetera. Perhaps any relationship could be better, but theirs has always been stable, sane, and fruitful. My natal Sagittarius is packed full and I know I'm "catchable." You just have to be good enough for me to consider you. Most people fall so far short of the mark that I don't even glance, though I also have some strong Virgo and Leo tendencies too.

Inside Out Orange

Personally I given up trying to use synastry to work out whether I can be with someone. What it will tell you is where the problems may lie in your relationship.

That said, he has Mars in scorpio, Venus in Cap, moon in Taurus. All fairly fixed signs so I think he'll be fairly emotionally stable. That along with Saturn in sagitarrius would be good signs that he won't be flighty.

On the other side of matters ... Sun/Mercury/Uranus in sag; jupiter in Aries .. all signs that he might want a bit of action.

I don't know ... you just can't tell from a chart. If you've been giving space and you're enjoying the relationship as it is then that's great. If you're not gettting what you want out of it, flag that up and see how he reacts. If it's meant to be, it will. don't force it.

C0rnholio

My natal Sagittarius is packed full and I know I'm "catchable." You just have to be good enough for me to consider you. Most people fall so far short of the mark that I don't even glance, though I also have some strong Virgo and Leo tendencies too.
I hear you. Most people also fall far short of Cornholio.

Claire19

There are no real guarantees with relationships and who can say what will happen??? A Taurus Moon is generally stable and loyal and shows how we think of our mothers, our families and sense of roots. Saturn contacts indicate endurance along with nodes and without them the relationship wont last for sure. A mistake to try and tie down a Sagittarian and this would cause problems and unhappiness.

Last edited:

Claire19

Sagittarius deals with legal matters, foreign cultures, higher education, matters of faith and philosophy and a sense of ethics......it is the searching for the Universal truth.

Claire19

Personally I given up trying to use synastry to work out whether I can be with someone. What it will tell you is where the problems may lie in your relationship.

That said, he has Mars in scorpio, Venus in Cap, moon in Taurus. All fairly fixed signs so I think he'll be fairly emotionally stable. That along with Saturn in sagitarrius would be good signs that he won't be flighty.

On the other side of matters ... Sun/Mercury/Uranus in sag; jupiter in Aries .. all signs that he might want a bit of action.

I don't know ... you just can't tell from a chart. If you've been giving space and you're enjoying the relationship as it is then that's great. If you're not gettting what you want out of it, flag that up and see how he reacts. If it's meant to be, it will. don't force it.
I agree about synastry and trying to work out if you can be with a person.
You have to follow your instincts and your heart in these matters. We come together for all sorts of reasons and often karmic connections.
You can over-analyse and try to get some kind of guarantee but it is not really possible to say what will happen in the future. Partnerships with many conflicts can last a lifetime and others with flowing easy aspects dont......it is a mistake to think that only happiness is the real indicator.

Mark

I would say that the mistake is believing that happiness comes from things being easy. Is it more difficult to achieve first place or last? If you want something good, you will have to work for it.

Inside Out Orange

I would say that the mistake is believing that happiness comes from things being easy. Is it more difficult to achieve first place or last? If you want something good, you will have to work for it.

I'm of the belief that you should do/take up the things in life that are easy AND then work at them! Same with relationships ...

Astrallica

It isn't impossible but it is definitely a challenge... I'm a sag girl and we're not much different from the men in relationship issues. We can be pretty mutable. I'm not a professional but I'll give this a shot...

You've got a good thing going with this guy. You're venus falls in his 4th house- meaning that he feels at home with you or can actually see himself living with you. Also, your ascendant falls on his 7th house cusp meaning that this guy knows you. His venus is in your 5th house which indicates that the two of you have much attraction going on and you have fun when you're together. His sun also happens to be in your 4th house. His Mc falls on your 4th house cusp- again this reinforces the fact that he knows how important home/family life are to you. He has similar goals.

the moon/sun conjunction is an excellent aspect as it indicates great attraction and a kind of "this was meant to be" feeling. His Taurus moon indicates he's emotionally stable as he won't rush in to a relationship unless he's sure he's ready. His Venus in Capricorn shows he actually wants a stable relationship with someone loyal/responsible. However, he might be a bit reserved about letting his true feelings show. So for a Sag, he seems pretty grounded. lol You've got so many great aspects going on- of course there are challenges as with everything but don't let the hype around sag. men discourage you.

Enjoy your relationship! :smile:

I'm a Sag female with a moon in Taurus, Mercury in Capricorn and Venus in Capricorn and Mars in Aquarius. I feel like I won't even give someone a second look as far as relationships go if they don't have their life together. I just won't take them seriously because I know I myself cannot feel stable in a relationship if I cannot build a life with someone. It might be all the earth signs in my personal planets? Some of my other Fire sign friends I know, date to just date without thinking of the future, but those are the ones with Venus in Fire signs or Aquarius. I know a guy friend of mine who is a Sag venus in Sag and he did not have a girlfriend for YEARS! And now that he does, they're crazy in love but I think that's because all their personal planets are trine, so he feels comfortable with her. Another friend is an Aries with venus in Aries. He had one girlfriend who completely shattered his heart and outlook on relationships like 7 years ago and has not had a girlfriend since. He's so focused on other things and says he doesnt have time for a relationship. Him and I have always had a strong connection, and we would talk about dating here and ther, but I always got this feeling that he was unstable and I could not deal with that. He was definitely fun, and we had great times, but I would think about how he would be in a relationship and it just scared me because he's so spontaneous 24/7 and doesn't like to have to call at certain times or any kind of restrictions. So to me, he is a great guy, but not maybe serious relationship type person.

I do sometimes feel though, and this might be a Sag thing (I'm not sure), that I try to take the easy way out sometimes. If things get too frustrating or if there's an argument, I head for the door. I don't necessarily break up with my boyfriends, but in my head I do consider it almost every time there's an argument, and it's always been like that. Because sometimes just dealing with emotionally draining things is just too much. If I feel controlled, it's almost like dooming the relationship. But there's a way to get what you want from a Sag without making them feel controlled. And it's a loving way of cohercing them into what you want to do. It works better than saying, we ARE doing this whether you like it or not. I think that Sag's need to feel like they have a say in all things because they don't like just being on auto-pilot. It's all about living life truly to the fullest. I don't know if that's just an independent nature or Sag thing or what.

I forgot to add that I agree it depends on the Sag person for how much they are willing to settle. I think some, like me, prefer and only seek out to settle down with a stable home life. However, as far as "tying down" a Sag, I don't think that will ever happen. To be 100% satisfied in a relationship I feel Sag's need to feel totally accepted as is and definitely not judged, and a feeling that whatever they do, however bad a choice, they will still be loved and accepted the same. That's how I feel at least. I just need to feel like I can do what I want when I want and be able to say whatever crazy insane theories are on my mind and not only are they listened to, but they are accepted. Even better if a debate goes on which intrigues my mind even further. Idk, maybe Sag's may seem like a lot of work, but all signs have their issues good and bad. It's a matter of which ones you CAN work with and which ones are deal breakers for you.

C0rnholio

Wow, this is a real Sagittarius speaking her mind - several long paragraphs (love it!).

Not wanting to date anyone unless it makes financial sense is Venus in Capricorn talking.

Wanting a stable home life is Moon in Taurus.

Haha, yes I get that lot. I often hear that my replies in text messages are like books, and how I can't give simple one word answers. I was always like that. But I was always also very direct in saying that if someone didn't like me just how I am to go kick rocks! lol I feel like I'm very loving but there's always a volcano ready to erupt if you **** me off, which isn't too often unless you're a button pusher lol

scorpittarian

sagittarius speaking - sun,mercury,venus,mars :smile:

hmm.....his venus is in capricorn & moon in taurus. two very stable n loyal signs. he doesn't have many harsh uranus aspects other than a quincunx to the moon. he also hs a natal moon/saturn quincunx which might cause some trouble. those with ds aspect find it hard to open up. so as someone's getting close to them, they begin to build walls all around n bcm distant. however, it's a quincunx n not a square/opp so we can take a chill pilll.....:sideways:

i don't know how strong a semi-square is n many astrologers pay very lil to no attention to it but there's one between uranus/saturn-venus. i don't know what other's have to say about it...........

overall, i don't think he's a player. he'll settle down if he loves u.

where is his ascendant?a lot depends on it.

in a relationship, i'm very very loyal. however, my friendliness is often mistaken for flirtation. n i dnt have many romantic bones in me so....it appears as if i'm playing around.......i haven't been in a long term relationship(longest ws 3 mnths - behind him for 7 months = i'm quite loyal) i crave a lot of adventure n the instability this relationship provided me with must have kept me going(thts' wht ds psychologist says but she doesn't have to b right :wink:)
u can't dictate me n all...break but not bend is my motto. i'll love it if u r possessive n gt jealous but if u act on dos feelings by trying to restrict me, u'll meet with disappointment(uranus in the 1st :alien:)...yeah but i will compromise a bit like whereever it makes sense.
to the point, i need my freedom n space!:whistling:

Inside Out Orange

Thing is not to see this guy as a Sagittarius but a guy with planets in a range of signs that each give different parts of his personality.

My experience of Venus in Capricorn (admittedly with females) is that they don't really access their feelings, at least not until everything passes the head check. They'll want to tick all the boxes for the type of person they're looking for, (the women were looking for man to marry, to have the 2.4 children with, he must have good job, nice home etc, etc). Only if that's in place might they let their heart kick in. And even then you may have to prove yourself to them day-in, day-out. But equally if you've really won their love, they'll probably let you treat them like absolute **** believing that you're The One. If you're a fairly representative Taurean you've got a good chance of passing all the balances and checks.

And that's just his venus ... then think about his mars in scorpio (which I don't have much experience to offer you) ...

Flowergirl

My personal opinion is that they are not worth the trouble to try and pin down. If you are already strategizing about how to pin him down, let me tell you that this will get exhausting very quickly and you can't pin a Sag down. They can choose to stay on their own accord, but that is very different and they resent tactics to hold and keep them which they will believe are manipulative.

I totally agree with this statement. I'll be married to my Sag man for 11 years in a few days. Don't hold them prisoner. You have to learn to TRUST with these people and be able to trust your self. As in that saying 'if you love someone, set them free, if they are really your's, they'll come back to you' kind of thing. They don't like manipulation or cornering of any kind. They are fun to be with but are like a butterfly that likes many flowers and variety. I'm not condoning bad behaviour. I'm just saying that in allowing a Sag freedom, you are also allowing yourself to trust that all will work out as it should.

From personal experience I can tell you that learning to trust life has been a wonderful thing in my relationship with my Sag man. When I'm not fearful, emotionally manipulative or controlling, it makes it easier for him to come back to me and want to be with me.

My father is Sagittarius and he has been married to my mother for about 30 years; no domestic violence, no cheating, et cetera. Perhaps any relationship could be better, but theirs has always been stable, sane, and fruitful.

I have to agree here too. If a Sag has breathing space (and the trust of their partner), their relationship can be very healthy and happy.

I have to agree with the Taurus moon assurances. He'll be quite emotionally stable.

All the best :joyful: