Enneagram and astrology

Rebel Uranian

So a 1 is Virgo? That doesn't fit into my system I came up with very well. It fits more than I thought since it comes before Libra...

This is really rough and in some places makes no sense (such as the fact that there is not really a difference between the Aquarius and the Capricorn and in real life they're both 5's.)

1 - ??? Virgo ??? (The perfectionist)
2 - Taurus (The helper/carer. Moon exalted)
3 - Aries (The attention-seeker. Sun exalted)
4 - Pisces (The artist. Venus exalted)
5 - Aquarius (The knowledge-seeker)
6 - Capricorn (The security-seeker and the obvious breakdown of this system besides 1 since Caps and Aquas are basically the same)
7 - Sagittarius (The risk-taker and party-haver)
8- Scorpio (The control freak)
9 - Libra (The people-pleaser)

datvirgochick

I always got more of a gemini vibe for the 3 type and 8 is aries maybe...8's gotta be a fire sign....just my opinion though, those were good too (a little TOO good):wink:

bubuza_dulce

The enneagram has a specific typing system...SO it would be impossible to be say a 9 with a 5 wing even though you may have traits from both.

It is set up that way so if you are a 2w1 you have characteristics that complement each other in such a way it forms your personality. Also, all of the types advance or degenerate in their own unique way so a 2 under stress could exhibit traits that are not traits of the 2 or 1...

Riso and Hudson defined in detail all of the subtypes (your dominant and wing together) It could be possible you have a very light wing....others will feel theirs more heavily.

Hope this helps:whistling:

Thank you for your effort to explain this to me, I still feel I should read more of this in order to understand it better!

Rebel Uranian

I always got more of a gemini vibe for the 3 type and 8 is aries maybe...8's gotta be a fire sign....just my opinion though, those were good too (a little TOO good):wink:

I just used sign order. Start with Libra as 9 and go backwards. I realized that the middle two were Saturnian, the next outer two were Jupiterian, then the next two were Martian-(ish in the case of 3,) and then the next two were Venus(-ish in the case of 2) and I got totally stuck on 1 until I realized that you could just make a circle with 9 Libra and 1 Virgo and leave out Cancer, Leo, and Gemini (or throw them under other types.) This is actually more like the original idea I had:

1 - Mercury (except it wasn't filled)
2 - Venus
3 - Mars
4 - Jupiter
5- Saturn
6 - Saturn
7 - Jupiter
8 - Mars
9 - Venus

Then I realized that 2 was more like the Moon and 3 was more like the Sun, and 4 was a little more like Venus (planet of art,) but since Taurus is the Moon's exaltation, Aries is the Sun's exaltation, and Pisces is Venus's exaltation, it worked. I had no idea what to do with 1 since it wasn't very Gemini to me, but this thread made me realize Virgo worked there since contrary to what I thought Virgos care more about action (Earth, but I mis-interpreted as Fire) than thought (Air) despite Mercury (which doesn't have an element.) Maybe whoever developed this had astrology in mind when they were doing it?

Thank you for your effort to explain this to me, I still feel I should read more of this in order to understand it better!

I want to understand that bit about wings better too. Maybe if we have two types with one between dominant (such as 5 and 3) then we're really the type in between (such as 4) with both wings very strong?

--------

If you're Saturnian, some of us made a Saturnian group (link on this thread) for anyone who wants to engage in frivolous Saturn discussion.

--------

Last edited:

bubuza_dulce

--------

If you're Saturnian, some of us made a Saturnian group (link on this thread) for anyone who wants to engage in frivolous Saturn discussion.

--------
I wish I were more Saturnian. I admire people who have Saturn qualities. I'm very far from it. I feel a deep need for structure but I lack it. I try to build it but coming from a no-structure type of life makes that very hard. My Saturn is intercepted and in a cadent house (and I feel it missing!). Maybe in the future. I hope.

Rebel Uranian

(Imma edit the whole thing here)

Edit: I came from a no-structure life myself (because of my Cappy 12th House?) I think that's one of the reasons I was begging to do martial arts for a really, really long time. I can't say I have everything particularly organized at the current moment. People would say that I'm mature, perfectionistic, generally reserved, skeptical, occasionally too serious, depressive, hard working (and sometimes over-working,) but not exceptionally organized at this current moment. It's probably one of those latent things on charts like psychic ability with Water signs and houses.

People are not the same people their entire lives. We change, for better or for worse, for evolution or devolution (the "or" is misleading because it's usually, if not always, both simultaneously.) People are hoarders one day and minimalists the next. They oppose *punishment for crime* and later support it. There are birth potentials, but their are changing potentials too. Who is to say that I am literally the same person now as I was when I started typing this?

Last edited:

Daniel123

Hello, I wrote two articles about the Enneagram and Astrology. They do match seamlessly. Your Enneagram type is either indicated by a strong planet in the 1st house or by the planet that has the highest number of degrees in a sign (called the Atma karaka in Vedic Astrology)