Can you figure out what this awful dream meant?

Moondance

I dreamed of my ex last night, which I seem to do once a year or so. He was suffering terrible emotional/mental anguish which showed in his face. It really hurt to look at him. I couldn't tell what was wrong and he kept rejecting my efforts to comfort him or "make it better".Finally, a little boy appeared, somewhat of a cut-out figure in the sense he appeared to be an object rather than a real person. I got the sense my ex was pouring all his love into this little child figure because everybody else he had tried to love had failed him and he was very frightened. When I woke up, I felt so terrible, such deep compassion for him, it hung with me all day. In reality, to my knowledge, he has no biological children of his own and is in a long term compatible marriage. What do you think it meant? In the chart I am Mercury, he is Jupiter, so there is no reception between us to speak of and no contact indicated (as in real life), Saturn and Venus are trining him, Venus separating, Saturn retrograding. Can anyone squeeze out any meaning from this? Is this just left over remorse from our long ago parting, or does he symbolize someone/something else? What about the child?

lilllybelle

Try reading your post back to yourself where you replace all the he and himself with I and myself. Let that simmer around and see if something pops out at you. It could also be that on some level your still processing, but try pretending it was you in the dream and not him and see what meaning that brings.

Moondance

Hello, Lillybeth. I am familiar with this technique-the name is on the tip of my tongue, but it's hiding for a bit. Anyway, I did do this when I woke from the dream. I can't say it was very revealing, except that these types of feelings are pretty universal and I could relate to them. I still can't rid myself of the feelings I had when I dreamed it though. I can't fathom what the meaning of the cut out boy was, other than a symbol of what we each find to pour our longings into , different for each of us, when things go wrong. Since I am not really much of a thinking person, more of a brooding,meditating, contemplating type, I am just going to see what pops up with some more time. Thanks. If anyone has some astrological insight into the chart, I would really appreciate it.

lilllybelle

I didn't even know that was a technique. Pretty cool. I thought it was something that I had just thought up. I'll take a look at your chart a little layter.

Moondance

Hi again. Well, the technique whose name is still stuck somewhere in my memory, is to make yourself "be" each player or object in the dream and state what you are feeling as each. That's what I thought you meant.

lilllybelle

I'm about to look at your chart, but I wanted to put this down before it slipped. He kept trying to love the OBJECT because all of the people had hurt him. So maybe you feel like people have hurt you and you can't love other people, and all of your love is pouring into some THING( work, money, exercise) that is not able to love you back. All you get is some crappy cutout, not a real person, to recipricate your love. Or maybe some person in your life that you are desperately trying to love is shut down to you and not responding to you. Where in life do you feel like you are not getting the love back that you are putting out? Did someone hurt you so that you had to turn to a substitute unfufilling love whether the unfufilling love be a real person or a object. You don't have to answer these questions of the forum if you don't want seeing as how they are very personal. Just some thoughts to tinker with. Ok, I'm going to go look at your chart now.

lilllybelle

I swear to god, I opened the chart and another idea popped into my head. Children in dreams can represent new developments, yet he is part of your past. Since you two split ways do you feel like you haven't had a place or a person to give love to.

flea

Moondance said:
Is the term "gestalt" analysis? I can't remember!!!

Hi Moondance,

Yes, Gestalt psychotherapy is where this technique is used. Predictive dreams and dreams about other people are quite uncommon. So usually the dreams describe your situation or some element of your situation. It is commonly thought that it is the subconcious communicating with you, although some gestalt therapists will say there is no subconcious.

Carl Jung did a lot of dream analysis I think he was supposed to have analysed 40,000 dreams in his career.

Sometimes I have understood dreams months later. It can be useful to keep them in mind as your life unfolds. I haven't had a dream where it has been imperitive to decipher it immediately. Given the coded language I think patience and just sitting with the dream, comtemplating seeing what arises is useful.

Love & Light
Flea

flea

Quick thought,

Your inner child may need some loving and nuturing. Mercury in 5th

Jupiter at nadir may be a central core of self.

If they are unconnected then maybe they need connecting.

See what resonates with you and remember to conciously love and support yourself throught the process.