Uranus opposition Pluto transit

Inside Out Orange

I noticed I have this coming up next week (again in Sep and finally Feb 2011).

Being slow-moving generational planets, I didn't actually expect it to be much of a transit but then I read this article:

http://www.thirdage.com/today/horoscopes/another-early-40s-life-transition-uranus-opposition-pluto

That sounds a bit more interesting ... Uranus opposition Pluto can be scary, and it is usually quite stressful. I actually thought I was going to physically die during mine.

This transit has happened recently to anyone with Pluto in Virgo. Anyone got experiences to recount?

Claire19

I noticed I have this coming up next week (again in Sep and finally Feb 2011).

Being slow-moving generational planets, I didn't actually expect it to be much of a transit but then I read this article:

http://www.thirdage.com/today/horoscopes/another-early-40s-life-transition-uranus-opposition-pluto

That sounds a bit more interesting ... Uranus opposition Pluto can be scary, and it is usually quite stressful. I actually thought I was going to physically die during mine.

This transit has happened recently to anyone with Pluto in Virgo. Anyone got experiences to recount?
As I have said many times no natal aspect between Uranus and Pluto, the transit doesnt count and I am sorry that you have been stressed unnecessarily. They are outer planets too and the effects would be more global and widespread.

Inside Out Orange

As I have said many times no natal aspect between Uranus and Pluto, the transit doesnt count and I am sorry that you have been stressed unnecessarily. They are outer planets too and the effects would be more global and widespread.

Hi Claire ... thanks for your reply ... I haven't experienced this ... the quote about stress and dieing was from the article ...

As I say, wondered what other people's experiences have been? I like to learn from other people's experiences even if it's not going to be applicable to me because it may be for someone else whose chart I do read.

07.Re

Inside Out Orange, I've been watching this one too. While I don't have anything to add experience wise (as my Pluto is at 2° Libra), this opposition will have a profound effect on me, as not only do I have a Pluto / Mars conjunction in my first house, but these two planets conjunct my Ascendant. Tr Uranus is trawling through my 7th.

I have read that an opposition between Uranus and Mars could result in an accident(s), so hopefully if I haven't been hit by a bus, I'll be back to share my experience. :sick:

07.Re

Oh and just as an offside, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't had more interest............ considering its a huge transit which will affect many forum members.

R4VEN

As I have said many times no natal aspect between Uranus and Pluto, the transit doesnt count
Sorry but I disagree with this.

I have no natal r/ship between Pluto & Uranus, but during my Uranus opp to natal Pluto (in the 7th house) my youngest who was still living at home (and looked likely to be with me forever!!!) suddenly found somewhere else to live, leaving me (peacefully & happily) home alone. It happened very suddenly.

My niece also has natal Pluto (in Virgo) in the 7th house, and during her Uranus opp to Pluto she got married, and then just as quickly separated from him - or he from her actually. It seemed to happen very smoothly and without any drama or trauma on anyone's part.

For many of those born during the late 60's, this transit is occurring at the same time as their Pluto square, so a lot of necessary maturing can potentially occur. One should never be afraid of any transit.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

Can't say I noticed anything particularly scary (or life changing) happening with that April transit but there is quite a lot going on up in the sky at the moment. So I'll see if anything more happens in Sept or Feb.

Originally Posted by Claire19
As I have said many times no natal aspect between Uranus and Pluto, the transit doesnt count

Sorry but I disagree with this.

I have no natal r/ship between Pluto & Uranus, but during my Uranus opp to natal Pluto (in the 7th house) my youngest who was still living at home (and looked likely to be with me forever!!!) suddenly found somewhere else to live, leaving me (peacefully & happily) home alone. It happened very suddenly.

Yep same here as I will continue to say many times --- backed up with EJ53, starlink and now Raven. I suppose WE are all wrong then???

post 21 - me
post 22 - starlink
post 23 - EJ53

http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Promise-Fulfilled---When-Transits-Echo-Natal-Aspects&id=744735

:biggrin:

Spicadilly

Hello, I am going through this transit and there is no natal aspect between these planets. Pluto is the chart ruler near cusp of h11 and Uranus rules h4 in h11.

I feel this transit very much. My day to day life bores me, bored of myself, groups of friends, want to move country, am totally itching on my many fronts. I had a great reading last week and the astrologer said woaw you have a lot of activation now and for the coming year (t Sat on Pluto, P Moon will cj n Pluto, t Pluto will square Moon and opp Venus, Sun later followed by l Uranus opp in a few years). She pointed at this transit too and said it demanded a BIG change, big time but due to a prominent Neptune, she emphasied how much I need to be practical in implementing changes, think them through, plan ahead, know the how's and why's and make sure it's not an illusion but that I really want the changes (in a nutshell). This is spot on with what is happening to me, scared and excited to what lies ahead :biggrin:

R4VEN

I feel this transit very much. My day to day life bores me, bored of myself, groups of friends, want to move country, am totally itching on my many fronts. I had a great reading last week and the astrologer said woaw you have a lot of activation now and for the coming year (t Sat on Pluto, P Moon will cj n Pluto, t Pluto will square Moon and opp Venus, Sun later followed by l Uranus opp in a few years). She pointed at this transit too and said it demanded a BIG change, big time but due to a prominent Neptune, she emphasied how much I need to be practical in implementing changes, think them through, plan ahead, know the how's and why's and make sure it's not an illusion but that I really want the changes (in a nutshell). This is spot on with what is happening to me, scared and excited to what lies ahead :biggrin:
Sounds very typically tr Uranus opposition Pluto. Restlessness generally indicates tr Uranus is doing something.

The harsh aspects - conj, square & opposition - between the outers and your own outer planets are likely to be the ones to which we respond, because they usually demand some kind of change or adjustment on our part, and most of us are not happy with change when we least expect it.

Inside Out Orange, I've been watching this one too. While I don't have anything to add experience wise (as my Pluto is at 2° Libra), this opposition will have a profound effect on me, as not only do I have a Pluto / Mars conjunction in my first house, but these two planets conjunct my Ascendant. Tr Uranus is trawling through my 7th.

I have read that an opposition between Uranus and Mars could result in an accident(s), so hopefully if I haven't been hit by a bus, I'll be back to share my experience. :sick:

I think with T Uranus being in 7th it's more likely to be 'other people' acting disruptively, rebelliously. Are you in a relationship now? Do you do any kinda sports, martial arts where you can use this energy?

amira

I got pluto in 0'50 Libra in the 2nd house and Jupiter & Uranus are now transiting in the 8th house opposition my pluto !!
Many astrologers say it spells "financial windfall ' and i got to say I
've been through a lot of upheavals and a stroke of luck or/and insight would do me sooo good.

Last edited:

Caro

Inside out orange - ive often wondered why you chose this name? :smile:

Ive not looked at your chart. you obviously have to take into account the aspects to pluto in the natal and where it is located ie which house..As some have said it may be a favourable time.:smile:

I have the uranus/pluto conj in virgo of the 60's opp saturn conjunct chiron in pisces. This is in my 10th/11th house and 4th/5th house depending on which system you use. it has affected both these areas of my life. ie the uranus in pisces transit.
it heightened my awareness of my health, I have had some health issues around april 2010 again. some sudden and unexpected came and disappeared as quickly. some more chronic. Ive also though been re-evaluating everything but particularly friendships and work issues. ie where Im going with all that. I feel really stretched and strained .
sept 2009 was the worst as to top it all my niece had an accident.
I lost a number of friends to ill health. One died very quickly (and it appeared sudden although we knew she was ill)
Ive moved house within a city but feel I may move again (upcoming eclipses!!!)
Ive done short term contract work all during this time. with some chaotic contract extensions! one day told I finish the next day then a month extension then moved to a further 6 months.
however I finished a healing course last year and use this and other self awareness modallities to get me through this.
I hoping that I can look back on a period of healing and strengthening and being stable while weathering the storm. However the loss of friends has profoundly changed me and deeply . Seeing their suffering but Im grateful for the time I knew them.
I feel shattered as it ends. but I have survived.

On a more positive note I have had what would appear to be strokes of luck ie jobs coming out of the blue,interview then a next day start, finding a flat in ashort period of time and feeling guided by my intuition. Financial my situation has improved I have got better paid work through out this period. finally silly things like thinking I need a new hoover and then someone gives me a handme down unexpectedly - top of the range though!!! so not all bad!:tongue:
I have a grand trine/kite with the uranus/pluto conjunction in virgo at the top of it.

Amira - I hope you get the windfall. do let us know!

amira

I can tell u guys what I've been through lately : i've lost everything , possessions friends and jobs but I have to say that i was not fond of any of these and I'm glad to be able to let go of a lot that I know does not suit me anymore. I'm homeless 9 got a lot of free time on my hand ) and lately I'm reading a lot about Giza mystery, sirius, studied constellations extensively and found out soo much , my mind is exploding. Lately I've also realized how important the connection with Gaia is and I seem to fall in love with her over & over again. I want to hug trees and spend even more time in nature alone. I think we're all prepared for major changes on this globe and soon all the things that seemed so important and real will soon be uncovered an illusion !!
I have the very strong impression that all the upheavals lately are preparing me to stay detached from people, places and ideas.
It was tough sometimes because i have so many dreams and ideas that i wanted to fulfill, I was constantly disappointed. Not anymore ( maybe the recent Jupiter / Uranus ingress into Aries helps )
To remind U I got Uranus/Jupiter( from 8th ) opposing my pluto in 2nd house. :kissing:

DiDi

hi,
I went through this last april,
uranus opposed my natal pluto (I have uranus and pluto conj in the 11th)
the transit of uranus has been in my 5thhouse...

I didnt realise as you know im not stong with transits... :pinched: but i just looked it up now... I remember last april of 2009 and I got a job in a toy store and met the other male worker there who is married and we started a friendship with them ... another aires man of course:lol:

It was unusal as they were alot younger than me but it worked we enjoyed dining and wine and good conversation they had a little boy who was same age as the little girl in my family... so uranus in the 5th did produce fun and entertainment and friendship... I dont normally meet people and let them into my life like that so it was out of the ordianary... and they got extreemly clingly to the point of calling me 6am to set up a time to meet that day... and i bolted like a typical aquarian... so like uranus comes so fast he goes the same way...

I also remembering very forthright with what i wanted and with my man and again unusually so... same with the job the owner who has many stores told me not to park in the car park, she was very dictating and treated people that they should be scared when she walked into the room .. I dont roll that way baby hahah na Ive known plenty of inflential people and i treat them all with respect no matter what status... I told her that at night time when im closeing the shop i will be parking in the car park, its my security on the line thankyou. needless to say she sacked me... turned out to be good anyway she only liked people who bowed to her.. so thats just an example of the holding my own ground to people i had during this time, Iam a little bit that way cause of all my aquarian plannets but more so at this time..
Did Pluto have an affect... hmm It triggered a transformation of me wanting to find a real job that i get respect from instead of getting anything i could to make ends meet.

R4VEN

amira, thank you for your honesty in this post. I have found what you say very inspiring, and I believe that you may really be on to something!!!

I can tell u guys what I've been through lately : i've lost everything , possessions friends and jobs but I have to say that i was not fond of any of these and I'm glad to be able to let go of a lot that I know does not suit me anymore. I'm homeless 9 got a lot of free time on my hand ) and lately I'm reading a lot about Giza mystery, sirius, studied constellations extensively and found out soo much , my mind is exploding. Lately I've also realized how important the connection with Gaia is and I seem to fall in love with her over & over again. I want to hug trees and spend even more time in nature alone. I think we're all prepared for major changes on this globe and soon all the things that seemed so important and real will soon be uncovered an illusion !!
I have the very strong impression that all the upheavals lately are preparing me to stay detached from people, places and ideas.
It was tough sometimes because i have so many dreams and ideas that i wanted to fulfill, I was constantly disappointed. Not anymore ( maybe the recent Jupiter / Uranus ingress into Aries helps )
To remind U I got Uranus/Jupiter( from 8th ) opposing my pluto in 2nd house. :kissing:

Inside Out Orange

I also remembering very forthright with what i wanted and with my man and again unusually so... same with the job the owner who has many stores told me not to park in the car park, she was very dictating and treated people that they should be scared when she walked into the room .. I dont roll that way baby hahah na Ive known plenty of inflential people and i treat them all with respect no matter what status... I told her that at night time when im closeing the shop i will be parking in the car park, its my security on the line thankyou. needless to say she sacked me... turned out to be good anyway she only liked people who bowed to her.. so thats just an example of the holding my own ground to people i had during this time, Iam a little bit that way cause of all my aquarian plannets but more so at this time..

Did Pluto have an affect... hmm It triggered a transformation of me wanting to find a real job that i get respect from instead of getting anything i could to make ends meet.

I'd say the pluto part of the effect was the power struggle between you and your boss, and your uranus was taking it's independent, rebellious stance.

Horus

I take most transits with a grain of salt, but I cannot ignore this one which started two weeks ago for me because it is capable of suddenly destroying anything! I've just experienced several strange and disturbing omens in my life that confirm that this transit is ready to kick my ***!

1) When this transit began, a huge 400 year-old cottonwood tree next to my rural art studio broke at the base (from heavy winds?) and crashed to the ground! It was my favorite tree and even had an abandoned treehouse in it where I used to meditate sometimes. It may be symbolic of my studio situation (or even the city I live in), since that place has been my solid, secure cornerstone, my sylvan sanctuary of solitude since I arrived here in '02. [ It's my Saturn in Taurus.]

2) I read Lyn Birkbeck's transit description:

Uranus Opposition (confronting) Pluto

Significance: This is a strong influence and usually attracts confrontations that in turn increase your awareness of the matter concerned.

Keyphrases: Disruptive Obessions -Awakening Power - Sweeping Changes

Theme: Forced awareness of your Pluto profile, through unconscious fixations and motivations being brought to the surface

When the 'mains" need replacing or mending, first the road has to be dug up! Whatever it is in your life that is holding you down, now expect it to be shattered or become more than usually troublesome. Once you have let go of those things or people that you have clung to, or those phobias that have clung to you -then you will begin to experience a great release of energy that will allow you to breathe freely and get on with the rest your life with rnewed vigour and conviction.

Possible Encounters: Necessary Collapse -Revelations - Upsetting People

3) Yesterday I drew "The Tower" from the Thoth Tarot and that is easily the most destructive and powerful card in the deck -very Plutonian! It has almost the same exact meaning as the Uranus/Pluto opposition....so I am a bit on edge right now!

4) Today while running errands, a truck pulled up next to me and the driver was the spitting image of my friend Bob who died in 1998! It made me do a double-take!

Uranus is transiting my 3rd house so that has me a little concerned even with driving around here. :unsure:

Survival Tips for the Pluto Transit

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/survival-tips-for-the-pluto-transit

Uranus Transits in Aspect to Natal Pluto:
This is a great transit for clearing things out of your life --- whether you want them to go or not. The changes that Pluto brings are slow. They may take many years to build up. Like a volcano getting ready to erupt, everything may seem placid for many years, but there are forces of change working unseen. Uranus changes, by contrast, strike like lightning.

Put these two together, and you’ve got a spectacular show. Things will be going out of your life at this time. Accept this. Let go of as much as possible and salvage what you can. Frequently, these changes will be for the better, although you may not be able to see this at the time. This transit, especially the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition) can bring the kind of experiences that everyone wants to have gone through, but no one wants to go through. The changes will be greatest in the areas of your life where Pluto is located in your birth chart and where Uranus happens to be transiting. For instance, if financial houses (2 and 8) are involved, watch out for financial reversals or tax problems. Fortunately, transits can be checked even years ahead, so you can make plans to handle the situation well in advance.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transitsUranus18.3.htm

Time to be extra careful. :eek:

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I've just experienced several strange and disturbing omens in my life that confirm that this transit is ready to kick my ***!

Hmmm ... omens ...

I'd totally forgotten about this transit and here you are reminding me of it two weeks before it makes its second hit.

I came downstairs this morning to find the smoke alarm (that has always been unused because it is too sensitive) had fallen off the wall and was lying on the floor. Think I may have to revisit that decision ...