People for whom romantic relationships are

wan

important.

I am guessing it would be people with important planets in the 7th house. Sort of like people with planets in the 4th house (I have this), the house that is traditionally associated with cancer, the sign known for being a homebody. So naturally folks with a 4th-house emphasis will be something of a homebody too.

So which house shows that the native will put a lot of effort and emphasis into being in a relationship? I think it's either the 7th or the 5th. Do you yourself have this configuration or know someone who does? Is being in a romantic relationship a dominant theme in your life?

Lets discuss.

Domna

I have Jupiter and North Node in 7th but romantic relationships are really not something I'm interested in. I'm aromantic, asexual, and childfree too, so I've never been motivated to find a romantic partner. I like having close platonic relationships and sharing my life with someone, but romance is just not in the picture.

wan

I have Jupiter and North Node in 7th but romantic relationships are really not something I'm interested in. I'm aromantic, asexual, and childfree too, so I've never been motivated to find a romantic partner. I like having close platonic relationships and sharing my life with someone, but romance is just not in the picture.

I see. We are sort of similar, I think.

It's kind of strange, when I was younger, I wanted a boyfriend badly. But now I am more able to enjoy my own company. To enjoy being alone.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Saturn in the seventh, and it's my chart ruler. Romantic relationships only matter to me if I have one. If I don't, I'm not going to seek one out for the sake of having a romantic relationship, but if I do get into one, then it becomes an important relationship, and of course the person I'm in a relationship with is important to me.

wan

I have Saturn in the seventh, and it's my chart ruler. Romantic relationships only matter to me if I have one. If I don't, I'm not going to seek one out for the sake of having a romantic relationship, but if I do get into one, then it becomes an important relationship, and of course the person I'm in a relationship with is important to me.

I am like that, too. And my Saturn is also in my 7th, though it's not my chart ruler.

Domna

I see. We are sort of similar, I think.

It's kind of strange, when I was younger, I wanted a boyfriend badly. But now I am more able to enjoy my own company. To enjoy being alone.

The only time I ever wanted a boyfriend was in middle school when everyone was suddenly having their first crush and I just went along with it because it seemed like the done thing. Found the prettiest boy in school and decided that aesthetic attraction was as good a crush as anything, lol! When he rejected me I decided that he was getting ugly pimples anyway so that was no great loss... :lol: I'm 34 now and have never had a romantic partner, been perfectly happy without. I like my alone time, but I do still prefer to live with other people and have those casual but intimate relationships that develop when you live together. I've lived in communes, with friends, and with family... Ideally I'd love to find someone equally uninterested in romance and build some sort of committed platonic partnership.

Last edited:

wan

The only time I ever wanted a boyfriend was in middle school when everyone was suddenly having their first crush and I just went along with it because it seemed like the done thing. Found the prettiest boy in school and decided that aesthetic attraction was as good a crush as anything, lol! When he rejected me I decided that he was getting ugly pimples anyway so that was no great loss... :lol: I'm 34 now and have never had a romantic partner, been perfectly happy without. I like my alone time, but I do still prefer to live with other people and have those casual but intimate relationships that develop when you live together.

We are truly quite alike. I too really enjoy my alone time. Although I prefer living alone. Dont really want to share my living space with anyone unless I absolutely have to. But I still want a solid group of girlfriends for emotional support though.

waybread

I've been married 2x for a total of 45 years. I had one BF for 3 years of college.

No planets in the 7th house unless I use whole signs houses. Then it's Mars in Pisces opposed by Saturn.

Wan, modern astrologers do a paint-by-the numbers where the 4th house and the 4th sign are conflated. In traditional astrology, there is not such a connection. I think it makes more sense to give the 4th (or any) house its conventional meaning; but then to look at the sign actually on the cusp of that house or any planets in that house. The 4th house sign and planets probably will not be Cancer, given the odds (roughly 1 in 12.)

I do have Jupiter in tradition-oriented Capricorn in the 4th house, as well as a stellium in the 5th house of children. I use both traditional and modern rules, and note that Jupiter is the traditional ruler of the 7th house.

The 5th house rules sex-for-fun (or, I suppose, procreation,) casual flings, flirting, &c, but not committed relationships. The 5th is also the house of recreation and leisure activities. Those old-time astrologers thought of casual sex as in the same category as the other activities they mentioned, like going to the theater, horse-races, or gambling.

I do think that a sun, moon, or Venus in the 7th house would indicate a person for whom a committed relationship is very important, whether they have one or not.

The 7th is also the house of open enemies (the ones we know about,) which says a lot about why intimate partners often quarrel.

Osamenor

Staff member
Could not agree MORE! Yes! Guys who are great daters but just can’t commit don’t have a strong 7th house.

And this comes from years of carefully documented research, I'm sure. ;)

Any sources you can share?

Seriously, it's not how strong an individual's seventh house is that makes them commit, or not (what constitutes a strong house, anyway?), but seventh house ties between a couple. Let's say a couple have plenty of fifth and/or eighth house contacts in their synastry, but zero seventh house contacts. That can make for great chemistry, perhaps even a long term relationship, but less likelihood of marriage.

LovelyMissAries

important.

I am guessing it would be people with important planets in the 7th house. Sort of like people with planets in the 4th house (I have this), the house that is traditionally associated with cancer, the sign known for being a homebody. So naturally folks with a 4th-house emphasis will be something of a homebody too.

So which house shows that the native will put a lot of effort and emphasis into being in a relationship? I think it's either the 7th or the 5th. Do you yourself have this configuration or know someone who does? Is being in a romantic relationship a dominant theme in your life?

Lets discuss.

I actually think the 2nd house would show the effort you put into relationships. The 2nd is our values and resources, no? I'd look at how that chart ruler relates to your 7H chart ruler or the house itself. Maaaaybe the 8th house as well as this is the house of intimacy among other things and might reflect how you are in serious relationships.

For example I have Capricorn in the 8H. Saturn in 7th with Sag DSC and Jupiter in Gemini in the 12th house. What I've noticed is I over give in relationships that have probably expired bc I'm not the most graceful in letting go. Sagittarius, while a out expansiveness, is also about learning from experience and so I interpret that as not everyone I form a relationship or friendship with is meant to be a lifelong staple. However! That doesn't stop me from making it last a long time, even if it becomes unbalanced.

My 2H is in Cancer with Moon in Taurus in the 11H, so. Two signs that have a tendency to cling to things or people. I actually have never been very attached to material things at all preferring to give them to my friends if they actually wanted them. I grew up in a comfortable lifestyle and my parents sort of supplemented my emotional needs with material things instead so.....easy to see how it all relates astrologically.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Which is the hottest, coolest and friendliest (warm in the cold)?

Cancer sun/Virgo saturn/Sagittarius rising/Aquarius moon?

Or Scorpio sun/Aquarius moon/Aries rising/Pluto in Virgo?

This is my dilemma about friends or lovers (Aquarius sun+moon here plus cancer rising, virgo Saturn and Scorpio Uranus). I think they're the best friends and more. (Looking to the stars in the sky to see who has the best, brightest and biggest star out of all). 2022...I turn 42 next month and Jan-Feb is open season.

Last edited:

wan

Which is the hottest, coolest and friendliest (warm in the cold)?

Cancer sun/Virgo saturn/Sagittarius rising/Aquarius moon?

Or Scorpio sun/Aquarius moon/Aries rising/Pluto in Virgo?

This is my dilemma about friends or lovers (Aquarius sun+moon here plus cancer rising, virgo Saturn and Scorpio Uranus). I think they're the best friends and more. (Looking to the stars in the sky to see who has the best, brightest and biggest star out of all). 2022...I turn 42 next month and Jan-Feb is open season.

Hottest? Probably some combination of Scorpio plus a fire sign. Coolest would be Aqua with Virgo. Friendliest is Libra sun with Gemini moon (also the biggest man-whore).