Saturn conjunct descendant--are we doomed in love?

wan

I know so many people who have met their partners/spouses online. It has some advantages. One nice thing is that you can spend a long time getting to know someone. You can talk online, on the phone, or Skype, and never leave your home.

By the time you actually meet in person, if you decide to do so, you can know someone very well.

I wouldn't meet someone online and go meet them that same day. But if you take your time to get to know them it can be a great way to start a relationship.

Sound advice.

sibylline

Online dating can be good and don't think of it only in terms of dating sites (although that can be good too, if you do a lot of digging). Like katydid I have several friends who met their partners and husbands online. Many on blogs, forums, and Facebook. One just had twins. It definitely makes sense to my 5th house Sag Moon not to have romance choices constrained by the immediate environment.

Also, don't be assuming about the kind of people are on dating sites. Some are just like you and work a lot or don't have the time (or extroverted nature) to go out to places and chat up people.

wan

Online dating can be good and don't think of it only in terms of dating sites (although that can be good too, if you do a lot of digging). Like katydid I have several friends who met their partners and husbands online. Many on blogs, forums, and Facebook. One just had twins. It definitely makes sense to my 5th house Sag Moon not to have romance choices constrained by the immediate environment.

Also, don't be assuming about the kind of people are on dating sites. Some are just like you and work a lot or don't have the time (or extroverted nature) to go out to places and chat up people.

This is all very true.

Holist

I have Saturn conj DSC in Scorpio. All my partners are older than me, sometimes significantly. I am currently with someone 20 years my senior. Being in Scorpio, my partnerships always go deep and intense. The one partner I had who did not fit this mold could not handle it (he was a Gemini) and he left me. He was only 4 years my senior, which is the closest in age of anyone I ever got involved with.

My peer group bores me. They tend to have many flaws that I can't tolerate. I like certain older men because they tend to have a lot figured out and I can relate to them on a wisdom level.

I'm also a Capricorn and they say that we are old when you're young, and young when we're old. We're also rather picky about our partners.

Funny enough... when I'm single I wonder if I'm ever going to end up in a partnership again, and then I end up in one and sometimes wish I were single. There's no winning. That's partly because Uranus is in my 7th house -- which, in my opinion, dooms relationships way more than Saturn ever could.

sea_of_qi

Hello...have you any direct experience with Saturn conjunct that descendant (and by extension, saturn being in 7th house). I have such a placement (my Saturn sitting directly on me DC). I am turning 37 and I dont have a boyfriend. In fact, I have NEVER had a boyfriend. I know it's hard to imagine but it's true. And I blame this on my Saturn. Saturn is turning my love life upside down.

Anyway, your thoughts?

p.s. my chart attached for your consideration.

I don't think Saturn is your biggest concern. Virgo 7th house ruled by Mercury who is afflicted: Cadent, Combust, and in Aversion. Mercury cannot effectively produce 7th house affairs. As Exaltation ruler Mercury is still no help. Maybe one of the triplicity rulers (Moon, Venus, Mars) of the 7th will produce a relationship. Venus is Cadent and Combust, afflicted and not much help. Mars is angular in the 4th and could produce a partner but the Moon is probably the best option. Moon is in her triplicity and in Sect, Cadent but the 9th is special. Look for a partner in or from a foreign land, through a religious or spiritual connection (Church, Temple, Ashram, insert spiritual practice of your choice, etc.), or a place of higher learning. The more you could combine the foreign, spiritual, higher learning themes into one location the better the result.

The Moon can definitely produce a relationship with a Saturnian partner but Saturn is SO SLOW! He makes you wait and then wait some more. Think about the 9th house and Saturnian people as a clue to where to bump into a suitable partner. It will work.

UnluckyGirl

So sorry Wan
I'm still 27 but I will be just like you.
I have Capricorn DSC conjuct Uranus and Neptune plus North Node, Lilith and Juno in 7th H.
Saturn ruler of 7th H is in 8th H exact conjuction with the cusp. all of them retrogades.
When I was younger one of my friends asked me when am I going to have a relationship? (We were about 17yo) and I told her that firat will be friend B then friend D, then friend A and then friend C.. My friemd asked me "so you're the last one?" and I told her that I am not going to ever be in one. What's funny is that they did get their first relationships in that exact order!

I don't want marriage or children but I wanted to have experience intimacy when younger.
If you check other threads and forums you'll find that people who have probl with relationshops being delayed even forever have the same pattern Capricorn DSC/Saturn in 7th H or Uranus in there.
It's nice though that you still hope at your 37. For me it was over since when I became 22-23yo..
I may fall in love but I don't even care anymore, I am just waiting until I get over it which may take some years, but I don't care tbh.
Since this post is about 2 years old I am wondering if anything occured?

Jacklier

May i give life to this topic ? Here i go...:lol:

I have Saturn conj DSC. Im 22 y.o, but i will give my experience untill now. Since my childhood i was always been attracted to older and matured women. Not because i want a second mother, but because im mentally closer to their years. The youngest of my past loves was 4 years older than me and the oldest was 20 years older than me. I dont like my peers, because we cant have a decent conversation, let alone dating ( that part was really uncomfortable :happy: ). And to be honest, i see them as a parent-child relationship....dont know why...its like im looking at babies. I can teach them, motivate them, but when it come to wanting a date...i feel like a... ( pdf-file :andy::lol: )
Ive met an older woman ( 60s y.o ) and our charts showed that we were past life lovers/ spouses, but i didnt go that far ( nothing, except communicating :lol: ). Atleast i make older/ matured women to fall in love again and to feel young. My fifth house is mostly in Pisces with R. Jupiter and i really love a emotional woman ( not emotionally unstable, but emotional ). Ive met recently in an astro forum a girl ( 25 ) from a foreign country and we have some past life karma ( either past life siblings or spouses, dont know yet :lol: ive posted our charts in this site ).
Every time i see myself in a future relationship, i can only see it with a matured dame. I just love them and life is perfect with their irreplaceable company. :love:

Mariah530311

It's been almost 6 years and not a d*mn thing's changed.
Noooo way! I just came across this thread because in my relocation chart for Houston, TX Saturn is right on my DSC. It’s been three years since moving here and no luck in love. My natal Saturn is in the 6th but the energies in this location is playing out as if it’s in my DSC. I was hoping for a positive update from someone on here. Have you checked your solar return chart?

I hope I’m not doomed since love and relationships are so important to me.

My Saturn is conjucting DSC but from the sixth house. However it’s just one degree below my DSC and I think I can consider it to be in the 7th…

I’ve always had dynamic love life. Also all my relationships were unconventional (probably bcs of the Aquarius cusp)…
Everything about my love life is difficult to explain. Hope it’ll get simpler after my Saturn return…but I’m not so sure.

I’m not so keen to get married either. And I also kinda already know who I would like to get married to…I’m friends with this person for 7 years already…but the timing for us was never right. In the meantime I had one very long relationship(6 years) and numerous flings. The man I fell in love the most was someone who had Saturn exactly opposite my Saturn. He was 16 years older and that relationship damaged me emotionally very much. After I got over him I became kinda rational in love. (Saturn vibes)

pugsnroses

Hello...have you any direct experience with Saturn conjunct that descendant (and by extension, saturn being in 7th house). I have such a placement (my Saturn sitting directly on me DC). I am turning 37 and I dont have a boyfriend. In fact, I have NEVER had a boyfriend. I know it's hard to imagine but it's true. And I blame this on my Saturn. Saturn is turning my love life upside down.

Anyway, your thoughts?

p.s. my chart attached for your consideration.
This reply's a few years later but I have to say, even though it sounds so impersonal, don't feel too bad. I've had a strict upbringing with Saturn and because I'm a bit on the indifferent non physical side I can't attract anybody. At age 55 I'll probably still be a non sexual monk lol but Saturn opposing the ascendant might make one feel they're standing all alone and forever, and that they themselves are at odds with the world, and that worse, the world is at odds with them. Saturn on my descendant doesn't help that but maybe you can learn to be honest with yourself, and examine what you really want, and don't need you might be happy with dearth. the heavyweight (outer) planets transiting the Descendant seem to have the most jarring, stubborn, singificant effects. Whether it's Uranus or Neptune but Saturn there is heavy and can dole out different effects, breakups. Fast forward to 2024, just be careful if looking Online and the online dating world. Basic common sense, realism and safety. Saturn certainly has some lessons here, which is good. As they say "It wasnt all that." Maybe you'll realize you're better off being on your own so you can evaluate where you want to be in life and in the future. It's not so much as Saturn on DSC but other factors including the Moon. Saturn moves faster than Neptune and Pluto but his transits are long lasting. Saturn is not the love planet so because he's on the DSC doesn't mean a marriage and even if it is it could be impersonal or based on business. I don't know if you're still single but there's nothing wrong with it nor is blooming where you're planted. Don't overthink it. Especially Saturn 7th might mean to lighten up a little and allow yourself to make some mistakes and go without some warm fuzzies or relationships. Hard lessons are when Saturn is transiting the 4th but again other transits and considerations accompany it. Saturn on the 7th can attract that type of partner or individual in relationships, or youngens to the native or taciturn older types. It could indicate the father or caretaking situations.

Last edited:

StarchaserNancy

I would agree with this.

Saturn in hard aspect to Moon and/or Venus can also delay marriage/relationships. Some people with a 'Saturnine' chart find that after their first Saturn return things seem to buck up on the relationship front.
Did w/ me. Sat/Moon hard asp., but w/ Venus in a nice trine. Partner older, steady and more established than I was. Saturn has a binding effect, can be a very long term relationship. I personally wouldn't fear Saturn on my desc. per say.