THE HORARY APPRENTICESHIP - John Frawley

Starsign

I was wondering if anyone on here has done this course on Horary? Or if you know anyone that has?
https://www.johnfrawley.com/the-horary-apprenticeship

I have been thinking about doing it for a while now but it is very expensive.
Of course, you are being taught by a top-class teacher which justifies the price I guess.

I have been self-teaching for many years now but would like to invest in this seriously.

I would love anyone's views or input about it.

IleneK

Premium Member
I was wondering if anyone on here has done this course on Horary? Or if you know anyone that has?
https://www.johnfrawley.com/the-horary-apprenticeship

I have been thinking about doing it for a while now but it is very expensive.
Of course, you are being taught by a top-class teacher which justifies the price I guess.

I have been self-teaching for many years now but would like to invest in this seriously.

I would love anyone's views or input about it.

His book, The Horary Textbook, is very good.
I've not taken his class, but if you are self-taught/teaching as I am, reading his book is all you need. It is well-organized and covers a lot of topics.

Bunraku

i wouldnt spend 3 grand .. we have plenty of charts across the web where you can learn

he disagrees:

There are internet forums where I can learn horary…

You will not learn astrology by taking part in internet forums. The laws of astrology are no more a matter of opinion than is the law of gravity.

tikana

he disagrees:

There are internet forums where I can learn horary…

You will not learn astrology by taking part in internet forums. The laws of astrology are no more a matter of opinion than is the law of gravity.

I just don't care if he agrees or not :). He is trying to sell a product, obviously he will be interested in marketing "learn from my methology". You can learn horary by reading charts that have been resolved. :) Most literature on classical astrology is avialble for free or relatively cheap on kindle.

There is $40 live group class coming up taught by a classical astrologer Elena Lumen. She is very good astrologer she is extremely well-read.

Last edited:

The Everqueen

I got my Horary Craftsman diploma from John Frawley nearly 20 years ago and have studied recently with him since. Yes, it is expensive but you get what you pay for and because of this, there aren't lots of other students so you will get his undivided attention. He does not make it easy for you in any way and won't let you pass a lesson until you totally understand it and more importantly why. The lessons are thorough and some (most) are incredibly hard. I took weeks on one question because he just wouldn't let it go until I got the relevant point and knew why it was so. You also get to work on your own charts and use them as part of lessons too. You are not rushed and there is no finishing time if you are consistent with handing in your work, no matter how slow you are. You learn at your own pace. When I did it he hadn't written his textbook so had to work with Christian Astrology only and a few other ancient texts, that in itself was a learning curve so having his book now will, without doubt, make it a bit easier to understand some of the concepts. You won't get this teaching from anyone else.

It isn't a case of learning or selling 'his methodology' - he teaches you 'THE methodology'. The tradition as used by William Lilly. Forums and Facebook groups are not the best places to learn horary because you pick up other people's misunderstandings, re-interpretations, modern concepts and bad habits. He will knock any of this out of you!

He will always be the one I go back to and he still goes over my charts occasionally when I am not sure about them even now and he answers my queries if I have any. If you can afford it then you won't be disappointed and know that you will have earned your certificate because you will have the bruises to prove it!

If you go for it, you will hate it and love it at the same time but at the end, you will be proud of yourself for getting through it!

tikana

I got my Horary Craftsman diploma from John Frawley nearly 20 years ago and have studied recently with him since. Yes, it is expensive but you get what you pay for and because of this, there aren't lots of other students so you will get his undivided attention. He does not make it easy for you in any way and won't let you pass a lesson until you totally understand it and more importantly why. The lessons are thorough and some (most) are incredibly hard. I took weeks on one question because he just wouldn't let it go until I got the relevant point and knew why it was so. You also get to work on your own charts and use them as part of lessons too. You are not rushed and there is no finishing time if you are consistent with handing in your work, no matter how slow you are. You learn at your own pace. When I did it he hadn't written his textbook so had to work with Christian Astrology only and a few other ancient texts, that in itself was a learning curve so having his book now will, without doubt, make it a bit easier to understand some of the concepts. You won't get this teaching from anyone else.

It isn't a case of learning or selling 'his methodology' - he teaches you 'THE methodology'. The tradition as used by William Lilly. Forums and Facebook groups are not the best places to learn horary because you pick up other people's misunderstandings, re-interpretations, modern concepts and bad habits. He will knock any of this out of you!

He will always be the one I go back to and he still goes over my charts occasionally when I am not sure about them even now and he answers my queries if I have any. If you can afford it then you won't be disappointed and know that you will have earned your certificate because you will have the bruises to prove it!

If you go for it, you will hate it and love it at the same time but at the end, you will be proud of yourself for getting through it!

are you serious - "THE methodology"? You GOTTA be kidding me. He doesnt stick with traditional astrology but sways into his own (his understanding of reception for instance or importance of orbs(YES, moiety is important)). Granted Lilly swings his way of thinking in and out as well but Christian astrology wasnt meant to be a textbook where as Frawley names his book "The Horary Textbook".
Who else other than Frawley switches the receptions? Pretty much everyone is on the same boat as Bonnati and Lilly.
I actually don't even care who says or writes or interprets the charts if i take them as an example. I was in 2 day workshop with Deb Houlding in SF. She is Lilly's student and I studied Sue Ward's works, another Lilly's student, I just need to know the outcome then I match it against the "rules/guidelines" and figure out what is doing the moves.

To each its own ...

Last edited:

Bunraku

I never understood Frawley receptions or why it's flipped. Though I haven't read his works (purchased his books). Does anyone want to give a quick explanation so that I can look further into it?