Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-04-2021, 09:20 PM

This forum opened my eyes to not taking vaccines

First of all, I was a person who loved to take vaccines because I thought I was doing the right thing. That's how I was taught growing up. I've taken so many... it's hard to know. And I remember getting sick often because of it (in hindsight).

I'd like to thank JupiterASC and Rahu and Neptunian_Rainbow and Blackberry for posting very informative posts, links, and resources. I had no idea what was actually behind all of this. I think it's really sinister that the government would so many harmful chemicals in their vaccines!? I don't know what their game is but this is SICK. THis is truly shocking that people don't understand what is going in their bodies.

Unread 01-04-2021, 11:18 PM

Smile Re: This forum opened my eyes to not taking vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
First of all, I was a person who loved to take vaccines because I thought I was doing the right thing. That's how I was taught growing up. I've taken so many... it's hard to know. And I remember getting sick often because of it (in hindsight).

I'd like to thank JupiterASC and Rahu and Neptunian_Rainbow and Blackberry for posting very informative posts, links, and resources. I had no idea what was actually behind all of this. I think it's really sinister that the government would so many harmful chemicals in their vaccines!? I don't know what their game is but this is SICK. THis is truly shocking that people don't understand what is going in their bodies.

Where is rahu posting these days?
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:24 PM

Trump was instrumental in financing their development, and is celebrating these vaccines as a major achievement of his administration.

Shouldn't his supporters be appreciative, and be first to get vaccinated?
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:27 PM

Re: This forum opened my eyes to not taking vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Trump was instrumental in financing their development, and is celebrating these vaccines as a major achievement of his administration.

Shouldn't his supporters be appreciative, and be first to get vaccinated?
Why did Biden and Harris and Pelosi get publicly vaccinated, if this is Trump's major achievement?
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:34 PM

Why does every thread have to mention Trump or Biden in the first few posts?
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Why did Biden and Harris and Pelosi get publicly vaccinated, if this is Trump's major achievement?
Good point. But, why aren't many Trump supporters eager to get vaccinated?

Last edited by david starling; 01-04-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Why does every thread have to mention Trump or Biden in the first few posts?
Trump's the man of the hour.

We'll forget about him soon enough.

Expect complaints about Biden for the foreseeable future.
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
A good question is why is everything in America so politicized? Even the issue of wearing masks divides along party lines. It's hilarious
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
R4VEN (01-28-2021)
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
A good question is why is everything in America so politicized? Even the issue of wearing masks divides along party lines. It's hilarious
Are people in Jamaica wearing them?
Unread 01-04-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I cannot speak for others as I don't know.

I do know why I am hesitant. I worry that the vaccine was rushed out before adequate testing.

I have seen reports of bad side effects already in some cases.

I have read about the way it was done so quickly----by changing protocols, which may make it riskier than the usual vaccines.

There are also questions about it's effectiveness.

So we are going to continue our basic quarantine, since we are already retired. And we will wait and see how it plays out before we take the vaccine.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-04-2021)
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Are people in Jamaica wearing them?
People are wearing masks everywhere
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
People are wearing masks everywhere
Not in a lot of places in the U.S. Big anti-masking movement here.
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:14 AM

People are against impoverishment and deception, not masks themselves, as I understand it.
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
People are against impoverishment and deception, not masks themselves, as I understand it.
You mean they think the contagion is a hoax?

I know a few anti-maskers who think that.
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:24 AM

Not the contagion itself, no - the response, yes.
I see the type you are talking about reported in the media with “AND THEN THEY WERE DEAD”
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Not in a lot of places in the U.S. Big anti-masking movement here.
Isn't the "anti-mask" movement a way to protest the lockdowns though?

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Not the contagion itself, no - the response, yes.
I see the type you are talking about reported in the media with “AND THEN THEY WERE DEAD”
The ones I know are very much alive!

So, these are people who just don't believe they can spread the virus to others by not wearing masks?B

The way I understand it, the masks are to protect those around you, rather than protecting yourself.

The vaccination is being said not to prevent the spreading of the virus, just immunity for oneself. Which is a real bummer!
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Isn't the "anti-mask" movement a way to protest the lockdowns though?
Not wearing masks and protesting lockdowns appear to be two separate issues.

There are maskers who are furious about the lockdowns.

Last edited by david starling; 01-05-2021 at 12:40 AM.
Unread 01-05-2021, 12:58 AM

Likely there is a psychological dimension to mask wearing so that those who are afraid to go out are comforted or emboldened by their own mask-wearing.

People with different beliefs are not crazy just for holding different beliefs. I agree with conspiracy theorist that Americans online are extremely polarized. No enemy could have dreamed up a better division tactic than social media, with people arguing for hours over whether a paint chip is grey or grey-green, both missing the income losses offline.
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Likely there is a psychological dimension to mask wearing so that those who are afraid to go out are comforted or emboldened by their own mask-wearing.

People with different beliefs are not crazy just for holding different beliefs. I agree with conspiracy theorist that Americans online are extremely polarized. No enemy could have dreamed up a better division tactic than social media, with people arguing for hours over whether a paint chip is grey or grey-green, both missing the income losses offline.
It's not just a personal belief IF masking really DOES curtail the spread of the virus.

If it DOESN'T really curtail the spread, then it's a hoax, and an attack on our personal liberties
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:11 AM

On a more positive note, some folks have told me that they got sick a lot less last year than previous years probably due to all the focus on regular sanitation, less densely populated areas and mask wearing. Good for them
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:16 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
On a more positive note, some folks have told me that they got sick a lot less last year than previous years probably due to all the focus on regular sanitation, less densely populated areas and mask wearing. Good for them
True for me. I reliably get a cold sometime between mid autumn and early winter every year. Not this year.

If masking and social distancing keeps me from getting a cold, it must work on Covid too. And vice versa.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:20 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Not wearing masks and protesting lockdowns appear to be two separate issues.
Yes and no. Lockdown protesters have also been big on not wearing masks and pooh-poohing the whole thing.

Quote:
There are maskers who are furious about the lockdowns.
But if you parse apart the reasons why they're furious, you get somewhat different ones between maskers and anti-maskers. In both cases, concern about the economy and being able to make a living is usually part of it. But maskers are more likely to be upset about certain parts of it-- keeping schools closed, for instance--than dismissive of the whole idea that we need to change our behavior at all to stop the spread of Covid. Anti-maskers tend to have a "they can't tell me what to do, it's not really that serious" attitude.

Basically, maskers who are furious about lockdown accept that it's a serious situation and we need to do something, they just don't think full lockdown is the answer. Anti-maskers tend to not think it's that serious.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
It's not just a personal belief IF masking really DOES curtail the spread of the virus.

If it DOESN'T really curtail the spread, then it's a hoax, and an attack on our personal liberties
So if there are studies supporting both conclusions, then each side has a vested interest NOT in refining the details which could contribute to results, but to disproving the other side and accusing the Others of breaking the social contract.
Unread 01-05-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Why is everything in the US so politicised? I think it can be traced back to Pluto plowing though Capricorn, with Jupiter and Saturn heralding his journey.

In mundane astrology Capricorn rules - Heads of state, government and national prestige.

In 1940, Ebertin describes a Pluto transit as:

Force Majeure or Providence, Invisible Forces or Powers

The will or wish to exercise power, ruthless urge to influence the masses

Ruthless use of force or coercion, Inclination to incite,

A fanatical zeal to state one’s own doctrinal principles, TO AGITATE

So as Pluto slowly moved through Capricorn, amping up the zeal and urge for power, Jupiter and Saturn, two opposing influences, jumped onboard the train.

Some might say Jupiter /Saturn represents the Liberal/Conservative polarity.

And we have this polarity coming together in a great conjunction, with Pluto, in Capricorn, the sign of Government.

Here is how Liz Greene described the Pluto transit through Capricorn and how it affects the US:

https://www.astro.com/nat/natus2_e.htm

The national chart of the United States
2008 - 2024

In the horoscope of the United States, Pluto, as it moves through Capricorn, is opposing the Sun in the natal chart, reflecting major and irrevocable changes on many levels.

This aspect has occurred only once before in American history, during the period of the Revolutionary War. Although it is not intrinsically an aspect of war, it challenges the deepest definitions of what constitutes nationhood, and raises many issues of autonomy and the way in which the government is structured and how much authority it may or may not exercise.The deeper issues underlying the Revolutionary War concerned not only human rights, but also the autonomy of the individual states comprising the nation, and these issues may once again rise to the surface as new ways of defining the national identity are proposed.

Pluto, as it completes its transit through Capricorn, will also return to its own natal place: in other words, the United States is experiencing its Pluto return.

This suggests the completion of a great cycle, and a cementing of the fundamental values on which the Constitution is built. There may also be a serious reappraisal of issues concerned with the environment, as Capricorn is an earthy sign, and the use or abuse of natural resources may become a cause for not only profound concern but also profound change and a more enlightened attitude. The enormous resources available to the United States are reflected by Pluto in the 2nd house of the national chart, and it is possible that these will be approached with greater respect and care than ever before.

Whether or not you favour these changes personally, it would seem that a time has arrived when there is a great new opportunity to affirm the values and ideals of the original founding of the nation, applicable not only to government and to foreign relations, but also to the land itself and the resources inherent in it.

Liz Greene, 2005

Last edited by katydid; 01-05-2021 at 01:24 AM.