Can I pursue computer programming?

pabloes

Banned
Career advice needed, please?

I have an Accounting degree, but I don't like doing anything related to Economics, Finance and Accounting. I think coding would be more interesting and creative. But is it in the stars for me or not?

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Disclaimer. I am assuming your birth data is very accurate, and if it is not, this interpretation may have very significant errors, which is to be expected based on how astrology works. Your chart only reveals your tendencies, where astrology is concerned.

Astrology is very much in your favor with regard to career, so if you don't make it, as they say, it wasn't because of your chart. Of course your chart has its difficulties, as do all, but you have a minor grand trine Sun/Jupiter/Mars with Jupiter on the MC. Don't worry so much. Later in life you will look back and realize that you have pretty good timing. If you don't follow computer programming, you will still probably do well.

Math is not a key to computer programming. While less than 5% of the general population have the kind of mind that will easily enjoy computer programming, your chances look good. Basic arithmetic will usually suffice. People think that its math because it sounds difficult and boring. When math is involved, you will generally copy a formula given to you and translate it to code, which does not take a math genius.

Mercury is at the Ascendant/MC midpoint which suggests you have the cleverness and logic necessary. The Uranus/Saturn conjunction the 0-deg Capricorn cardinal point is very encouraging for technology.

Your Mars/Neptune square has been confusing you, I think. That square can give you trouble with intoxicants. More than others, even, you should tread very carefully with booze and drugs, even prescribed drugs. You have an addictive personality, and you tend to get obsessed. Because of this square, you may struggle from time to time with a feeling inferiority that can misguide you. You are quite dramatic.

Your chart is very well put together for general success in life, except for the one warning I give, so I think you are justified to worry less. Computer programming may do it for you. It is definitely not too late. If you snoop, you will find several areas where they are desperate for programmers. But if it is not programming, you will probably hit the nail on the head anyway.

Cary2

Banned
I am surprised since business looks very good for you generally. With your chart and an accounting degree, you will probably go very far. I love computer programming, and you might too. But things look very good for you in the long run.

There are troubles here for workers too. There was a very tough time for programmers in the early 2000's. Greedy managers outsourced the IT jobs to China and India. That put me and thousands others out of work. But your chart will probably find a solution for you even if you hit a snag here or there.

Cary2

Banned
I am thinking about quitting this job as well, despite only starting on April 1st. Too many red flags:
1. It's open office layout with probably more than 50 people on the floor. I prefer groups of 20 or less as I get stage fright-like symptoms, like someone is suffocating me/stealing my voice.

2. On the first day HR put my chair, name tag and documents on the edge of a rectangle table (seen as not good in many cultures including mine), but there was enough place so they could've put my chair at one of the sides.
3. One of the first days I had some woman comment right beside me my energy rubbes her off and she and her friends had to leave the area I was in in unease. I've been a people repellent since a while.

4. A coworker (same level) I was paired with started acting passive agressive and bossy to me since the beginning. It escalated last friday when we had a shout match, I got a panic attack and pain in my Solar plexus and I was like WTF is happening here?

I really wonder what's going on? Why do I attract so much criticism and drama all of a sudden since a few years at all my jobs? I'm afraid that even if I change my jobs, this bad luck will continue. I notice it even in the way random strangers in stores treat me. If astrology cannot help then it must be related to karma or black magic imo as I feel like my old self when I enter a church suddenly but not in the outside world.

You are obsessing due to the Mars/Neptune square, and the result is confusion and the threat of misguidance or failure. You are overly emotional due to Moon oppose Jupiter across the MC/IC axis. This comes from your family background that did not support you in the best way, but it offers hope of socialization because other Moon/Jupiter combinations are popular and sociable. You need to apply yourself as if you had Moon trine Jupiter, which is excellent at socializing and very popular. Relax. Accept that you will find hostile elements everywhere people congregate. In a professional context, you are free to detach and be cold if you must in order to dispassionately go about your livelihood.

Cary2

Banned
Let's notice that your first choice was accounting. Your chart is well-placed for accounting and business. I think you are a tool of your own likes and dislikes. If you allow your likes and dislikes to determine your happiness, you will be chasing your tail. I am thinking that you will find something repellent in the other things you consider once you pursue them. Examine yourself, and consider what is the source of your anxiety.

Because your chart is very much in your favor for a success that most others would like, I am inclined to think you are the best judge, because the chart suggests that you will find what you need to find your success, at least more success than most others will find.

I think your background and upbringing were not as helpful to you as they should have been. Consider a strategy to compensate and overcome such a disadvantage that brings confusion to you now.

JUPITERASC

I have an Accounting/Finance degree, but I don't like doing anything related to Economics, Finance and Accounting. I think coding would be more interesting and creative. But is it in the stars for me or not?

My Saturn return hit me very hard, a sign I'm on the wrong path. Been thinking of a career in art but somehow it evades me, thinking maybe it's better to do it as a hobby. I used to like working with HTML, tweaking Windows registry and CSS as a teen. Looking at JavaScript lately and it seems so logical. In contrats, foreign language learning has been hard as natural languages usually lack logic. :tongue: I'm too old to study medicine (true node in Pisces) at 30, but am I too old for tech?

Can I pursue a career in areas like computer programming or web development? Would I get any success there, even at my age? When I was younger my parents were telling me "it's not for you, you suck at math". I'm not good at calculations, but I've a very strong logical thinking and like doing something creative. :smile:

Your MC aka Midheaven is literally 1 degree Gemini
and so
if your time of birth is out by just five minutes or less
your MC is Taurus
which may posibly explain your seeking a career in Art

fact is
times of birth are routinely "rounded up" or "rounded down"
and estimated
so
even if this time of birth is obtained from medical records
or birth certificate
it is most likely an estimated time

Cary2

Banned
How do you feel about being an executive? In business, it is hard to advance if you don't have either an accounting degree or a business administration degree. If you are promoted, others will crunch the numbers, but your accounting degree is your key to get in the door. I see you as an executive. You sense of enterprise is a big advantage.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
If I didn't have an autoimmune disorder giving me brain fog when flared I'd say yes. But it's more often than not flared and I can barely function socially so doing not socially intensive work is better for my disorder. Except those jobs are in open offices so my brain fog is all the more evident.

I'm sorry for your troubles, pabloes. Good luck.