My Chart... Male 'issues' in life from another reader?

Marblesaurus

I have recently dove back into astrology... I remember having my first reading done by a co-worker about 6 years ago and something that has always stuck with me that she said was: "you appear to have a lot of masculine/male issues, is your dad in your life? is your boyfriend treating you well?" At first I had no idea what she might have meant but I have been getting in tune with my female/male meridians and the energies of the universe and have felt off balance for a while, since realising this though it has been easier for me to balance my intuitive side with my analytical side. Maybe this is what my chart means? Not that an outside male source is affecting me but that my own male side is out of alignment?

Any other input on my chart would be great, the other thing that most interests me is my career path. I feel I am confident enough now to say I am a healer but I'm unsure of where this is leading me in life (what career I might end up with.)

I am 23, and a female. =)

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_mairi_miller_hp.75243.2104.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_mairi_miller_hp.75243.2104.gif
    54 KB · Views: 26

kimbermoon

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]What was referred to in that reading was the significant opposition between your Cancer and Capricorn energies...the opposition shows an imbalance that an individual is capable of resolving through self-awareness and understanding. The heavy influence of Capricorn relates to the expression of the yang[male] energies while Cancer is much more feminine [yin] in expression, as least typically. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Maybe this is what my chart means? Not that 'an outside male source is affecting me but that my own male side is out of alignment? ' [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]I would agree that the set-up relates more to an inner imbalance, a challenge we all undergo from time to time, and this is more in keeping with what the challenge indicates for you.[/FONT]
“ [FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I feel I am confident enough now to say I am a healer but I'm unsure of where this is leading me in life (what career I might end up with.)”[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]With your Moon in the 10[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]th[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] house this shows the yearning for success and fulfilment through professional recognition. You may find yourself in a 'career' that is far from what you might expect at this point in your life...your choices are numerous...you are apt to be more drawn to metaphysical and/ or spiritual occupations where you deep inherent urge to help others will be most valued. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Being that you were born under a Full Moon suggests that you have the capacity to be highly objective, clear-minded and more aware of the Lunar imprinting residing within than most, [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The relationship between the Sun and Moon is especially related to the balancing of these yin/yang energies...here we have a Gemini sun with Moon in Sagittarius. Gemini is prone to being somewhat contradictory regarding gender expression. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]In determining the attraction we project externally, I use a formula combining the Moon, Venus and Mars. For you, this involves the energy interplay of fire/air and water: [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Moon in Sagittarius; Venus in Gemini and Mars in Pisces[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Mars in Pisces can be rather translucent and mystickal at the same time...[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Psychism and intuition are apt to be enhanced;[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Venus in Gemini seeks attachments more on the mental level, seeking connections with many people rather than just the few...you tend to be stimulated more by a lively conversation than by sexual attraction. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Moon in Sagittarius : From a goddess perspective the archetype for this Moon sign is that of Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom and inspiration where your inner spirit yearns for higher awareness, meaning in life, truth, charity and trust.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]More questions? [/FONT]

Welcome to AW,

I use Equal House system (where each cusp is same as Ascendant) and am a modern astrologer. Lots of newcomers come into Astrology/forums and get a free chart from www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few others if you wish to experiment…..

Within the mainstream here on AW of placidus/equal houses (the default on astro is placidus) only difference being some planets may move from one house to another thereby altering it's interpretation and it's 'only' with research will you find which /planets 'fit you' in which houses. So my advice, do two charts, research any planets that move houses and see which you identity with - simple
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAwGtMWl4z4

so pluto would be 10th and moon in 11th house of friendships, is this an area where you seek and give nurturance to friends?? mars would be in 2nd house, node in 3rd

You also have a boomerang Yod configuration with sun as apex planet. this is also known as 'finger of God'

Info on Yod’s
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html
http://aliceportman.com/?p=452
boomerang Yod
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/yod_boomerang.shtml
http://www.therealastrology.com/home/faq/aspect-patterns.html

Sometimes these quincunxs (aka Inconjuncts 150’) are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these quincunxs/Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

What tends to happen with quincunxs is that with progessions and transits will create temporary Yods aka 'Finger of god' configurations. Like with common TSquares, they create a temp Grand Square...

If someone has the ‘generational Pluto sextile neptune’ (born after 1940) then there is always a possibility of creating a temporary Yod with quicker moving planets, progressions, solar arcs even and difficult situations where you could be forced into making decisions and worrying that you have made the wrong one. Saturn, Uranus are generational to and unless these two fall in first quadrant (the most personal) the may not even be felt if they create a temporary Yod…this could be *transformation through suffering* type aspect

Thread by R4ven on Yods
Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=yods

Last edited:
Also venus is retrograde, going backwards which tends to either swing from neglecting self as in presentation to going to extremes of glamour and having problems at directly showing affection. This venus is further afflicted by an oppositon to saturn (father, men, authority figures) which can indicate feelings of being unloved in early childhood.

Having Cappi Asc and chart ruler in 12th shows you to be quite a private person and needing time alone to commune..

Saturn in 12th house
Serve or suffer are the keynotes here and the individual can choose which way he will take: but choose he must. Always a subconscious wish to retreat.
Craving for solitude. Great sensitivity. A deep seated selfishness has to be dissolved through suffering. These people need a sense of inner purpose and make good behind the scenes organisers. They often suffer from an inexplicable fear of authority or concern about the future, and should find a way to develop self‑confidence.
Capable of bringing stability into other people’s lives, by helping and organising those less fortunate than yourself.
Don’t like to acknowledge figures of authority (including parental)

Saturn can indicate deep‑seated loneliness, fear or guilt, despair or negativity which may be difficult to confront. But it also shows the ability to apply yourself with determination and/or ­concen­tration to some SOLITARY TASK ‑ perhaps to your work, which helps you to bring order to the internal chaos.

the often hidden weakness that having saturn here can suggest with Saturn or Capricorn here, you hesitate to openly express and come to terms with your negative feelings, particularly fear, guilt, loneliness, and mistrust. Because you haven't dealt with the fear and self‑doubt, which inhibit you, you may deny your desire for professional accomplishment. This Saturnian influence can manifest as psychological rigidity and withholding, due to inability to let go of past patterns. You above all, need to come to terms with your repression.

Saturn's strength and positive side here provides inner strength and self‑discipline, a capacity to cope with loneliness and handle responsibility, and a ­willingness to work on your own with determination and ­perseverance.

This house is where you learn to 'become whole' you could reject or deny someone you love.

for further clues as to how the 12th operates. look to where the ruler is and how it's aspected...

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Age 6 did anyone disappear or die? Age 8 major transformations within family? Age 15 were you lacking in confidence, shy, serious?

Saturn Quincunx to Pluto
“you will develop strength of will and the power to face obstacles head on. Basically your outlook on life is earnest and you'd do well to resist the temptation to wallow in pessimism and self pity. Take heart; this aspect confers the necessary willpower to rise above difficult situations that would make most others run for the hills. You can be a mover and a shaker as long as you retain the ability to be adaptable, humble and to heed the wisdom of those who have already walked the tough road before you. positive aspect for success through perseverance”

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

sun quincunx pluto can suffer from constant unrest and tension without knowing why. Often gives enormous ambition and a desire to remain viable at all costs. Driven by uncertainty, you may seem incapable of sparing yourself. Because of the insecurity you could be fiercely defensive of others but with typical plutonian lust for power, can (on occasion) enjoy manipulating them to. You will have a desire to grow through confrontations....

Sun Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto
You are forced to focus, time and again, on details that you would prefer to ignore. When life slows down or becomes uncomfortable, simplify and be patient. You are changing and growing in ways that you can scarcely perceive. Stay involved in your everyday routines and only force a change on yourself when you feel stuck in some repetitive pattern.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

Sun quincunx neptune
“shows that you consider your responsibilities the most pressing in the world. There is an element of self‑sacrifice. You really believe people who suggest that only you can solve their problems. Because of this martyr quality, you seek the most demanding jobs or human situations in order to test your commitment to service. Unsure of yourself you continually try to find ways to prove your competence, but deplete your own energies.
Professional success will be difficult to achieve because of your preoccupation with endless trivia. Exaggerating the importance of superficial matters, you tend to get bogged down by them.”

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Sun Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune
“Your energy tends to be directed unrealistically. Your own sense of self changes as you learn from your own misappraisals of situations that are important to you. If you feel drained or frustrated it is always helpful to look at your overall direction in life and determine if you have taken on more through your high ideals than your physical vitality can sustain. It is always worthwhile to see how your ideas are received by others, to see if you can involve them in your vision. When you can't, avoid trying to do everything yourself. Slow down”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html