Singletons

C Jayne

Lunar Pisces said:
... my 1H Pluto and 1H Uranus singelton... a Neptune singleton

Hi--

Forgive me for asking, but, how do you mean, "singleton?" I believed this meant an un-aspected planet, a description which fits neither of these.

Thanks-- CJ :|

C Jayne

Ace said:
... It's funny I remember when taking a piano course ... an acting course...

I feel there are those two sides to me though with that Scorpio alter-ego. I fall between extremes. Being a goof and the comedic relief in front of friends and then clam up and be the caasual observer in a large crowd. I prefer to be a fly on the wall in this situation... haha...

Ace--

I'm all for that fly-on-the-wall thing in some situations. Question: is the shyness thing different for you with piano than with acting? Because for me, I can spontaneously sing a song a capella (sp?) and be fearless about it (I've never acted), but that piano-playing thing -- somehow that exposes me more or something. For me, piano brings out something more personal... :?
-- CJ

Arian Maverick

Forgive me for asking, but, how do you mean, "singleton?" I believed this meant an un-aspected planet, a description which fits neither of these.

A planet can also be a singleton by modality, element, polarity, sign orientation, or house orientation...see the thread chart assistance for a sample chart :wink:

EDIT: I have posted Lunar Pisces' 5th and 7th Harmonic Charts with the asteroid Pallas included in order to resume this discussion:

5th Harmonic Chart:

7th Harmonic Chart:

Arian Maverick

Ace

Jayne,

Honestly, I think that everytime the focus is on me (in front of strangers of course) I feel that I have to be perfect in order for it to be acceptable. I am my own worst critic so to answer your question, the shyness occurs in any kind of performance! I wish I was not like that as it's a lot of pressure for myself as I want a to do a good job in everything and cannot go in unprepared. I tihink doing impromptu speeches in college were hard for me, but I managed to do well, yet I would always look back at what I had said and critique my "performance" with thoughts of, "oh, this could have been better" or "I should have said this instead". I should just dismiss that inner dialogue I have at times as I drive myself crazy! lol...

I have to say though that playing the piano bring out a different sense in me and yes, quite different to acting. I seem to meld with the music and feel a sense of peace as opposed to acting you are feeling exactly the emotions of the character your playing and using that to fuel the performance.

Yes, quite alike I must say with social situations. Well at least for me among friends and if there are just a few of my friend's friends who I first met I can be comfortable on first meeting and just ham it up, the total extrovert. Put me in a dive bar though with a mic and you hear the butterflies fluttering. Are you the same way with mixed company as you said in social situations your a nudist. Just with friends or with anyone?

Lunar Pisces

C Jayne - at www.astrologyclub.com there's several articles about singletons, but to summarize, a singleton is not an unaspected planet, but one that represents the only major body (luminaries and major planets) in:

- polarity (masculine or feminine)
- modality (cardinal, fixed, mutable)
- element( fire, air, earth, water)
- type of house (personal, social, universal)

(You can technically have one by house class - angular, succedent or cadent - however, I personal find by house class less important than by house type).

For example, my Uranus is in Libra, which is the only major planet in a cardinal sign. Likewise, my Neptune is the only major planet in a fire sign.

Astrologers like me that use singletons hold that a singleton represents a "power concentration" in the chart that can be for better or worse, depending on the rest of the chart. In some cases they're defining presences that give added dimension and depth plus ome amped-up energy to a chart - in other cases, they're sort like astrological bullies that try to drown out or conflict with other energies, creating discord or imbalance. Singletons should be seen powerful influences adn presences in the chart, perhaps even on the level of a luminary (which means if you have a luminary as a singleton, that's very powerful).

Certain things need to be considered when working with singletons when understanding how they work in a chart. FIrst is how they are aspected and which house they are in, naturally. But also, secondly, you need to look at what planets these singletons may rule by "disposition." If you have a singleton by sign, tend you such look at disposition by sign, and if by house, then disposition by house. Relationship by disposition to a songleton makes a body or point "in league" with that singleton, sort like a buddy that sways easily to the singleton's influence and aides in spreading the singleton's influence throughout the chart.

For example, in my chart, both of my planets are singletons by sign. So, according to disposition by sign, planets that are in the signs these singletons rule can be see as closely connected to my singletons:

- Neptune rules Pisces, and so this singleton rules my Pisces moon and DC
- Uranus rules Aquarius, and so this singleton rules my Aqua Mars, NN, and Vertex

C Jayne

Ace said:
Are you the same way with mixed company as you said in social situations your a nudist. Just with friends or with anyone?

Ace--

I think I tend to say whatever is on my mind, regardless of who I am speaking to. I forget that people who are not my "best friends" may not be that interested in the interesting little details of my life! And, since I am extremely extremely accepting of other people's weirdness, I forget that they may not be that accepting of mine. So I sometimes share something that I think is just -- actually -- a fairly normal thing that everybody feels or does, only most people don't tell about it. :roll: And then I look at the other person's face and realize they are horrified :oops: or embarrassed or stunned or something that I shared whatever-it-was -- something which -- hey! I don't care, I would tell the whole world about this little thing! Whatever! But others draw a line in the sand better than I do, and sometimes this makes me seem socially awkward. I think, having been hurt (I'm actually a pretty fragile person) many times in my youth, I learned to have confidence in my ability to heal. I'll get over it. :roll: And so, I would rather be a person who is unafraid of revealing myself than be someone who is just so very worried about other people "finding out" that I feel insecure about something or that I'm messy sometimes or some other little detail. :|

If I am with people I am "supposed" to impress, I may become very quiet (fly on the wall). :? But as I grow older, there are fewer and fewer times that this happens -- I either don't put myself in those situations, or, if that's where I find myself, I care less now about what people like that think. No I don't try to look "in style" anymore -- I don't wear red lipstick, I don't wear fingernail polish or stockings (unless I really really have to!) or trendy clothes, I don't dye or perm my hair -- and if I am around people who don't want to know me better because of these things, okay, I'll just go home. Whatever. My husband loves me, my family loves me -- and, hey! I love me! 8) I did not love me as much when I worked harder at looking like the people around me, instead of like myself.

-- CJ

Kite

Ace wrote:
Are you the same way with mixed company as you said in social situations your a nudist. Just with friends or with anyone?

CJ - I think Ace meant his question literally. I think he took you for walking around your friends with your clothes off :oops:

Not that there's anything wrong with that :roll:

Kite

C Jayne

Kite said:
CJ - I think Ace meant his question literally. I think he took you for walking around your friends with your clothes off :oops:

Thank you, Kite, not that I'm naive or anything -- :roll: -- but, I certainly appreciate the translation.

I obviously believed I had phrased this: I can be an "emotional nudist," meaning, symbolically speaking...

I did think he was getting rather, well, personal...

--CJ

C Jayne

Lunar Pisces said:
For example, in my chart, both of my planets are singletons by sign. So, according to disposition by sign, planets that are in the signs these singletons rule can be see as closely connected to my singletons:

- Neptune rules Pisces, and so this singleton rules my Pisces moon and DC
- Uranus rules Aquarius, and so this singleton rules my Aqua Mars, NN, and Vertex

Lunar -- and also AM --

Thank you for this detailed explanation and the link(s). While reading Lunar's notes, I organized everything so I could flip back and forth between Lunar's postings and chart, all at once, to try and follow what was being said. I will go to the links each of you provided -- I'm really enjoying exploring all these different links that people offer.

Seems like a major planet couldn't help but be a singleton in one way or another. On my chart, I'm guessing Neptune in Libra (air sign) would be considered a singleton. What would this do to my Pisces planets -- make them more Pisces, or something?

Maybe that's why I'm an emotional nudist! (Just a little joke...)

I appreciate your feedback. I tend to be an idiot savant -- I do charts the way it works for me, and it just keeps working, so I just keep doing it that way. We should all be open to change.

-- CJ

Humanitarian

I have a water singleton and it was my Uranus, the ruler of my 9th house that's the water singleton in my chart and I have a lot of Uranian things to explore inside my authentic self before I was traumatized by the Earthly, 3rd dimensional society. It was the only planet that is in a water element sign, and I love it!. Also I have another singleton is Mars in a personal house (1H, 2H, 3H).