Weight problems

Abby83

Excersize and small meals.. minimized processed foods and sauces. Eat simply... i just started doing this results seen in 1 week.
dinner example: chickpeas 3 tbs, squash, walnuts, spinach and a small pecie of tofu or meat. About You can sautee one thinkwith half a tbs of olive oil and garlic salt, chilli flakes.. and a fruit.. lots of water... plus work outs..how i used to eat when i was thin..

Thanks for that love2know. Am happy to be coming across others who are in the same boat. It's motivating.

Abby83

You know what's funny. For some bizarre reason ive been comparing myself to my husbands family who eat a high saturated fat diet and are bony... some anorexic. So I started and continued to test myself by eating their foods and thinking that my body would adapt --- It didn't! So now that ive come to that conclusion that over 7 years of eating a high fat diet with them, my health is getting worse, and I am definitely not adapting. So ive decided to stick to my own low calorie diet no matter what others say because I now know that my body cant change despite what I thought. I am very surprised though that my husbands' family can eat these foods and not put on weight. They are definitely a rare breed for sure.

Love2Know

You know what's funny. For some bizarre reason ive been comparing myself to my husbands family who eat a high saturated fat diet and are bony... some anorexic. So I started and continued to test myself by eating their foods and thinking that my body would adapt --- It didn't! So now that ive come to that conclusion that over 7 years of eating a high fat diet with them, my health is getting worse, and I am definitely not adapting. So ive decided to stick to my own low calorie diet no matter what others say because I now know that my body cant change despite what I thought. I am very surprised though that my husbands' family can eat these foods and not put on weight. They are definitely a rare breed for sure.
My husband is the same way lol! Buttheads... anyways its what works for you without killing yourself. Consistency matters... also I read that do not reward ylurself with food, such as thinking you can have that chocolate cake because you were good all week, instead go get a mani/ pedi or massage. There are some books I was about to rder it is suppose to help change your perspective on food mentally; "it starts with food, skinny ***** diet..." I know a model looking girl swears by that but really you can do it by watching your food eat simple and movin and groovin. Many of us out there. Quote "everyday i struggle between wanting to look good naked and treat yourself" #thestruggleisreal

Zarathu

Account Closed
You can look at the astrology of weight gain and learn a lot of insight on how hard it is for certain people.

But the bottom line in my experience is that everyone who gains weight doesn't keep a calorie diary. Everyone that I have ever run into has simply no idea how many calories they consume a day.

The strategy for losing weight is simple. You simply have to consume less calories than you expend in everyday living.

Online, there are multiple descriptions of the appropriate number of calories you have to consume per day to lose weight for particular ages and body types. You have to stay on these guidelines EVERY DAY. If your magic number is 1400, then you must make sure that you don't exceed 1500, nor fall below 1300 per day. Exercise will help, but in the long run its simply the calories.

Low Carb diets will make it easier to make the numbers since they tend to reduce appetite.

You also need to drink enough fluid. The fluid cannot be anything that has caffiene in it. Water or herbal teas are recommended, and everyone should consume at least 48 ounces of it per day.

Consume the water, make your calorie number, and walk for 15 - 30 minutes everyday. Unless you have some weird medical condition, you will lose weight.

Again.... 95% of people who complain about weight gain simply have no idea the exact number of calories that they are consuming each and every day. You must keep a written tally every time you eat anything, so at the end of the day, between your last meal and bed time, you can add more if you are too far down.

Last edited:

Abby83

anyways its what works for you without killing yourself [/QUOTE said:
Bahaha, that's so funny. I think I would probably die from EATING before I could ever become anorexic lol. Thanks for the post. Very true.

Abby83

You can look at the astrology of weight gain and learn a lot of insight on how hard it is for certain people.

But the bottom line in my experience is that everyone who gains weight doesn't keep a calorie diary. Everyone that I have ever run into has simply no idea how many calories they consume a day.

Losing weight is simple. You simply have to consume less calories than you expend in everyday living.

Online, there are multiple descriptions of the appropriate number of carlies you have to consume per day to lose weight for particular ages and body types. You ahve to stay on these guidelines EVERY DAY. If your magic number is 1400, then you must make sure that you don't exceed 1500, nor fall below 1300 per day. Exercise will help, but in the long run its simple the calories.

Low Carb diets will make it easier to make the numbers since they tend to reduce appetite.

You also need to drink enough fluid. /the fluid cannot be anything that has caffiene in it. Water or herbal teas are recommended, and everyone should consume at least 48 ounces of it per day.

Consume the water, make your calorie number, and walk for 15 - 30 minutes everyday. Unless you have some weird medical condition, you will lose weight.

Again.... 95% of people who complain about weight gain simply have no idea the exact number of calories that they are consuming each and every day. You must keep a written tally every time you eat anything, so at the end of the day, between your last mean and bed time, you can add more if you are too far down.

Yup. Im currently pushing 50kg of babies in a pram for walks - 30 mins 2-3 times every day. Lots of lifting the kids. My eating day is usually like this (diabetes stlye) Breakfast - a quarter rockmelon or a capsicum or two carrots, or two slices bread. Lunch - 1 cucumber. Dinner - any kind of lean meat the size of the palm of my hand with half a plate of salad and sometimes ill have a quarter plate of pasta or potato. And my gosh the weight still isn't shifting, so there must be something wrong with me then. I've been eating and exercising like this for 4 wks and have only lost 1 kg. 10 more kilos to go!

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Yup. Im currently pushing 50kg of babies in a pram for walks - 30 mins 2-3 times every day. Lots of lifting the kids. My eating day is usually like this (diabetes stlye) Breakfast - a quarter rockmelon or a capsicum or two carrots, or two slices bread. Lunch - 1 cucumber. Dinner - any kind of lean meat the size of the palm of my hand with half a plate of salad and sometimes ill have a quarter plate of pasta or potato. And my gosh the weight still isn't shifting, so there must be something wrong with me then. I've been eating and exercising like this for 4 wks and have only lost 1 kg. 10 more kilos to go!

What are the calories each day? How much water are you drinking? Losing 2.2 pounds a month is not too bad. Remember that you have to reduce 3500 calories from your diet for each pound. So one kilgram is more than 7000 calories that you eliminated from your diet in the past month. That's a lot of calories to take out.

The only way to increase it is to increase your level of exercise, but there is a limit to how this will work. My wife diligently lost 35 pounds in 2.5 years of enormous effort. And after she stopped drinking 48 ounces of water, keeping her caloric intake to a rigid 1400 calories a day, and walking for 20 minutes every day, she has gained half of it back.

dhundhun

LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help.

BUT:
Calorie equation is not simple. Lowering calorie might put you in hibernation mode. In that case, you will gain weight even consuming as low as 600-700 calories.

If it is medical reason, one should take care accordingly. Some of them are
~ Low thyroid hormone (under active thyroid, or low T4-T3 conversion)
~ High insulin (Insulin Resistance)
~ High cortisol due to stress/illness
~ Low testosterone (in men)
~ Low DHEA
~ Low Melatonin (less sleep)

In case of medical reasons lowering calories are more harmful, but otherwise "LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help". In general these steps should help:
~ Lower calories little bit
~ Lower simple carbohydrate and increase complex carbohydrate/fibers
~ Enough water intake every day
~ Have enough sleep
~ Lower stress in life
~ Increase exercise or physical activities

Last edited:

dhundhun

As Astrological guidelines, some examples:
~ If Saturn is good in chart, it will be possible to do exercises and portion control.
~ If Moon is good in chart, it will be easier to have meal control.
~ If Jupiter is good, healthy Oil mix, balanced food, should be able to help.
~ If Mars is good, thermionic stuff, chillies, etc. should be able to help.

Last edited:

Abby83

Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy. As for the exercise, atm all I can do is walk. That rib injury I told you about 2 weeks ago is apparently a strain and is not really getting better. So im limited to walking. And yes im drinking lots of water.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you are not healthy, then see a doctor.

For example, I have fibro-myalgia. Fibro tends to try to keep my system in equilibrium. Normally at my weight level and age taking in 1500 calories a day should cause me to just drop the weight off at easily a kilo a week. But at the num ber I actually gain. I have to stay below 1200, which is almost starvation calories for a normal person.

But the bottom line is that no matter what any one tells you, if you don't reduce your calories, and you don't measure it every day, and you don't drink enough fluid to wash out the by products, you will not lose weight.

You can't lose weight by consuming more calories than you use up during the day. The physics don't lie. The calories have to go somewhere, and the get deposited in fat. Of course if you are doing heavy weight lifting and taking steroids the might go to muscle. But you will still gain weight.

dhundhun

Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy.

I explained in my post, you body might be in hibernation mode.

LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help.

BUT:
Calorie equation is not simple. Lowering calorie might put you in hibernation mode. In that case, you will gain weight even consuming as low as 600-700 calories.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy.

600 calories is starvation level. At that level you will not lose. Your body will go into starvation mode, and lower your metabolism so that you don't die.

You cannot live on 600 calories a day. You will die at that level.

Get some professional help. See if you can find a Healthy Living group around you. Join a group at your local YMCA or something.

400-600 calories a day is dangerous to your health.

Abby83

Thanks for that Dhundhun. Yes insulin resistance and low testosterone atm are getting in the way. A year ago my blood test said I had excessive oestrogen from the twins. My chart does have strong Saturn so ill stick with the food portion and exercise I guess.

Abby83

600 calories is starvation level. At that level you will not lose. Your body will go into starvation mode, and lower your metabolism so that you don't die.

You cannot live on 600 calories a day. You will die at that level.

Get some professional help. See if you can find a Healthy Living group around you. Join a group at your local YMCA or something.

400-600 calories a day is dangerous to your health.

Im hearing what your saying. Honestly, since giving birth I have zero appetite. I can feel my metablosim is not functioning. I had a few moments mid year where I did eat back to normal again and the weight sky rocketed. Im not winning here. Would I need to see a doctor and get blood tests or something. If I could describe the way I feel right now I would say my body is designed to be a slave that can survive on two small meals a day because it is producing it's own calories. Whatever I do, I feel like the fat is just multiplying out of control.

I just want to reinforce the fact that when I do eat a little bit more calories, I actually put on a huge amount, which I know is not normal.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thanks for that Dhundhun. Yes insulin resistance and low testosterone atm are getting in the way. A year ago my blood test said I had excessive oestrogen from the twins. My chart does have strong Saturn so ill stick with the food portion and exercise I guess.

But get those calorie levels up. No one should consume less than 1000 calories a day. Reduce the amount of carbs you are taking in and increase the protien amounts.

But if you are having medical issues you should not be doing this yourself. See a physican, preferably someone who specializes in weight reduction. You do not want make yourself ill, not with little kids to take care of.

Yes.... you need to see a physician.

dhundhun

For insulin resistance these things do help:
~ No fructose and no sugar.
~ Minimization on rice and wheat, use of mixed whole grains.
~ Distribution of meal over 4 or more times in a day. This helps to increase some calorie, without gain in weight.
~ Use of some insulin sensitizers herbal formula such as http://www.nowfoods.com/Glucose-Metabolic-Support-90-Veg-Capsules.htm

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
For insulin resistance these things do help:
~ No fructose and no sugar.
~ Minimization on rice and wheat, use of mixed whole grains.
~ Distribution of meal over 4 or more times in a day. This helps to increase some calorie, without gain in weight.
~ Use of some insulin sensitizers herbal formula such as http://www.nowfoods.com/Glucose-Metabolic-Support-90-Veg-Capsules.htm

I respect the poster here, but if you are experiencing serious issues of a medical nature in regards to losing weight, you don't wnat to be playing with your health. You need to see a physician.

Abby83

I will mention however, mainly for my own recollection, that with the current transits, im experiencing the same issues with my weight as I did when I was 19, except worse. In 2003 I found myself with no appetite and if I ate more food in my day I would inflate. Same thing is happening now. Back then T Uranus was starting an opposition to natal venus and mars and Saturn was in Gemini. Now Saturn is just about to enter Sagittarius (the opposite sign of Gemini), and T Neptune is in opposition to natal venus and mars, having the same affect on me.

Last edited: