Progressed Pluto Help!

mle6321

Hello all! I am brand new to this forum. This past year, I have been researching astrology non-stop... I am now very interested in progressed charts. I am able to find plenty of information online about the progressed moon, sun, and closer planets. But, every source I've come across about the progressed planets omits Pluto. Every source says something like, "the outer planets move so slowly that it is unlikely that you will ever experience Uranus, Neptune or Pluto moving into a new sign in a progressed chart, so we won't go into detail about those in this article/video..."

But Pluto will move into Sagittarius in my progressed chart in approximately two and a half years! It will remain in the natal 6th house.

Does anyone have any shred of information on progressed Pluto? Any tips, thoughts, or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 12.17.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 12.17.14 PM.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 44

Frisiangal

Pluto was last in Sagittarius during the 18th century. It was transiting the sign again from 1995 to 2007/8, which isn't very long since to observe and get a good grip on what its meaning in the sign globally signifies this time round; especially as a progression for those born in the latter part of 1994 with natal Pluto on the final degrees of Scorpio. The adjustment must be very special I should think.

Googling, there are umpteen sites with articles regarding the significance of Pluto in Sagittarius. Reading these could give you some insight into its effect upon you personally.

Observing the nature of younger family and/or friends with Pluto in Sagittarius that is so different to your own could also be 'an eye opener' in more ways than one.:smile:

Kannon

I would advise you as a novice to first learn transits. A year is not enough time spent to know what to do with the more advanced information in progressions.

Having said that, I do have a lot of practice observing the minutia of Pluto's progressions in my rectification work since it is one of the outer planets that can create internal chart rectifying metrics. You are not likely to see an immediate noticeable change simply because Pluto progresses into a different sign. Its effects are more noticeable when it creates culminating aspects (within 0°05' of exact) to natal or other progressed planets.

So I suggest you stick with the basics in the natal chart longer: planets in signs, planetary aspects, etc, and extend that knowledge into transits. Transits operate with far wider orbs (4-5.5° for the biggest major aspects) than progressions and are more clearly discernible.

mle6321

I would advise you as a novice to first learn transits. A year is not enough time spent to know what to do with the more advanced information in progressions.

Having said that, I do have a lot of practice observing the minutia of Pluto's progressions in my rectification work since it is one of the outer planets that can create internal chart rectifying metrics. You are not likely to see an immediate noticeable change simply because Pluto progresses into a different sign. Its effects are more noticeable when it creates culminating aspects (within 0°05' of exact) to natal or other progressed planets.

So I suggest you stick with the basics in the natal chart longer: planets in signs, planetary aspects, etc, and extend that knowledge into transits. Transits operate with far wider orbs (4-5.5° for the biggest major aspects) than progressions and are more clearly discernible.

Thank you for your response! It’s very interesting to hear that you said Pluto’s aspects to other progressed planets was more noticeable than the sign-changing aspect. I should look more into the aspects that Pluto is forming with my professed Saturn and Mars. But you’re right, I should probably study transits first before progressions. It’s been almost 3 years now since I first made this post, and for whatever reason, I’m still stuck in awe researching progressions over transits. I’m not sure why I find them so interesting!

Kannon

Wow. I didn't even notice that you posted this thread 3 years ago.

I believe that you can get plenty of helpful information from transits as far as 'astrological weather' goes, but when something holds your fascination and you feel a pull to it you have to go with it. If you've jumped over something more basic you can always go back and do some remedial study to fill in the gaps of your understanding. I certainly had to do that.

There is some really interesting stuff in progressions. I'll link you to my page in internal chart rectifying metrics since I mentioned that so you can see some of the cool stuff that happens:
https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/internal-chart-metrics-progressed-aspects/

ardentika

I had my pluto progress into Sag a few months back and I did feel some huge internal transformation. My sun natally is 0 degrees capricorn and my mars is 1 degree virgo.
I felt this release of the old, wanting to be free, a deep feeling of connectedness and "nothing really matters, the world's your playground you can manifest everything you want" and it's a very grandomaniac feeling inside. I feel almost unstopable and like nothing can bring me down lol

I don't know if this is thanks to Pluto but i don't see any other major progressions that would denote this change.