Saturn conjunct Pluto D:

JUPITERASC

I've just started college (university), and from roughly around the beginning of December (2014) onwards
I'll have Saturn transiting my ninth house conjunct Pluto transiting my eleventh house.
How delightful.
Could this transit cause any major hindrances in regard to college in general?
I'm studying languages,
which means I'll be doing a certain amount of travelling next Summer;
yet another example of great timing for Saturn to transit my ninth!

If it makes any difference,
my natal Saturn is in my first house and my natal Pluto is in my ninth house.

Thanks guys!
The effects of SATURN transits are dependent on the NATAL PROMISE
so
the natal chart requies assessment and delineation
before any inferences may be drawn regarding 'transits'

by the way,
it is a good idea to keep dwarf planet Pluto in perspective :smile:
because PLUTO IS NOT LONGER A PLANET AND THE REASONS WHY
http://www.universetoday.com/13573/why-pluto-is-no-longer-a-planet/

planets-vs-sun.gif

JUPITERASC

Thanks JUPITERASC! Here is my birth chart if it's of any use:
Delineating any natal chart with any reliability
takes at the very least many hours
possibly days, even weeks
however ours is an astrological learning forum
where even complete beginners have free rein and opportunity to practice
also
there's good guidance on DELINEATING A NATAL CHART
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463
with plenty of examples that anyone may apply to their own natal chart :smile:
Here I want to open a discussion (alongside with practical examination) for delineating natal charts. I think this is the most important thing in Astrology delineation sessions because the predictions only give that which is promised in the natal chart.
I will use Alcabitius house system but will add to the delineation sporadically whole signs.
I intent to gave different examples of different themes or subject in different people's charts.
For example, we will use examination of 11th house for delineating native's friends or social life. 7th house for native's marriage and partnership. 9th house for native's religion, faith, journeys and etc..

Lets start with example.

9rpnk4.png

This is a chart of a woman who is about 39 of age.
Lets call her Woman 39.
Her love life is awful. She is almolst 40 and still single. She had some relationships in the past but nothing worked out and as she said to me: "I've accepted the fact that I will maybe be single for the whole of my life".

Lets examine her 7th house.
It falls in Leo.
First we look to find a planets there, because the dominion by placement is much more immediate and powerful then dominion by rulership.
There are no planets in the 7th house.
Second, we look at the Domicile ruler of the house cusp, that is the Sun.
Third we look at the Almuten of the House, in this case Sun again because it is Domicile ruler and one of the Triplicity rulers (5+3).
Fourth, we look at all the minor dignity rulers.
Domicile: Sun
Exaltation: None
Triplicity: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Term: Jupiter
Decan: Saturn
Fifth, according to Abu Ali we need to consider the Arabic Parts related to the matters of the house we delineate. In this case that would be Part of Marriage. I use the Part of Marriage according to Paulus: ASC + SA - VE for Women, reversed for Man.
Her Part of Marriage falls again in 7th in Leo15, again in the terms and decan of Saturn/Jupiter.

"All the good or bad for the house emanates from its ruler", this is one of the rules for delineating.

In this case, great ruler of the 7th house is the Sun. It is in 9th with the Moon. (I think that I read in Cardanus, but I'm not sure if it was Cardanus, that the person with Moon combust would probably not be married).

We need to mention here the 4 most common afflictions cited by Bonatti (he actually gives 10, but 4 of them according to Zoller are most in use):
1. Retrogradation
2. Combustion
3. Cadent
4. Conjuntion, Square or Opposition by Malefic

So, having this in mind lets examine all the rulers of the 7th.
Sun is in 9th (cadent) making opposition to Mars in 3rd Retrograde. (Two rules of affliction are present: cadent and opposition with malefic).
Jupiter (2nd Triplicity ruler) is in tide square to the same Mars.
Saturn is cadent in 6th, Retrograde and in conjunction to the Cauda Draconis (decreasing all which conjunct).

It seems out that that Mars retrogarde, in detriment, and cadent in 3rd is the source of many troubles in her life.

mossadrai

As Jupiterasc said, in order to know what a Saturn transit will affect on your chart, we should delineate it first.

I decided to give some hints, just for you to get the grips of that.

Well, first of all, you're using Placidus houses, which I would advise against. I myself would use Alcabitius, and maybe most of traditional astrologers would use equal houses. Why I say that? Because this will be already extremely important with your Saturn, which, I think, would be in the 2nd house, rather than in this big 1st House you have there.

In any case, let's use the House system you got, just to show you how to analyze the transits. You are worried with Saturn being in your 9th house, which is ruled by Mars. Your Mars is rather strong in your map, being in a succedent house, in its domicile, and without any negative aspect from malefics (in this case, Saturn).

Therefore, from your natal chart and this quick delineation of the 9th, we see that you may be the kind of person who will indeed travel a lot, and go to university.

With this in mind, you can already see that Saturn will not be so devastating as you may have thought at first glance. Why? Because there is a Natal Promise for you to be on college and travel a lot. So what this Saturn may be representing? Maybe only the fact that you will be a diligent student during this transit, with great capacity to focus and concentration. Saturn may bring problems, of course, since this is its nature, but since you have a strong 9th house, I would say you will be able to overcome any eventual difficulties you may find.

I hope this helps, even if only a little.

Best Regards

curlyclodagh

As Jupiterasc said, in order to know what a Saturn transit will affect on your chart, we should delineate it first.

I decided to give some hints, just for you to get the grips of that.

Well, first of all, you're using Placidus houses, which I would advise against. I myself would use Alcabitius, and maybe most of traditional astrologers would use equal houses. Why I say that? Because this will be already extremely important with your Saturn, which, I think, would be in the 2nd house, rather than in this big 1st House you have there.

In any case, let's use the House system you got, just to show you how to analyze the transits. You are worried with Saturn being in your 9th house, which is ruled by Mars. Your Mars is rather strong in your map, being in a succedent house, in its domicile, and without any negative aspect from malefics (in this case, Saturn).

Therefore, from your natal chart and this quick delineation of the 9th, we see that you may be the kind of person who will indeed travel a lot, and go to university.

With this in mind, you can already see that Saturn will not be so devastating as you may have thought at first glance. Why? Because there is a Natal Promise for you to be on college and travel a lot. So what this Saturn may be representing? Maybe only the fact that you will be a diligent student during this transit, with great capacity to focus and concentration. Saturn may bring problems, of course, since this is its nature, but since you have a strong 9th house, I would say you will be able to overcome any eventual difficulties you may find.

I hope this helps, even if only a little.

Best Regards

This was really helpful, thank you! :)