Familial peace?

Desertgirl

I have a brother-in-law who often picks fights with my husband (his brother) and me for completely random things. We never know when he's going to say something. He's very verbally abuse. Even our children aren't spared. Honestly, the whole thing is very upsetting and sad, and it has affected our family dynamic.

Will we ever have familial peace?

I see I am the Sun and he is Mars from 9th. Mars sits in the 4th house along with Saturn (which I think is my husband). Sun and mars apply weakly.

Any good or bad thoughts? I keep thinking that the late AC means it's too late to fix the situation.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Dirius

Well, he is represented by Mars as you said.

Mars has a lot of dignity in this chart which usually leans to being a good person. However, mars nature is always that of a malefic.

My interpretartion would be that, its not that he is a bad guy, but rather what we would call a "douche". Just the guy that doesn't know how to hold his tongue, or that says things in a brutal disrespectful manner and no inclination for courtesy to spare someone's feelings. But the huge dignity for Mars doesn't imply he says things out of malice. He has a bad temper when saying things.

Your husband (his brother) isn't going to do much about it. And I think this is creating tension between you and your husband for not saying something to him. (Sun and Moon in the detriment/fall of Saturn).

The trine between Sun and Mars implies you were thinking of perhaps talking to your brother in law about this.

Sun is in both triplicity and fall of Mars (Lilly triplicity table). That can be taken as you, while being tired of him, you do care for him (he is family after all).

The fact that Mars is in a fixed sign and retrograde implies he will not really change. But after the Sun's trine, Mars goes direct and eventually into Sagittarius (sign of your children), so it is possible that, while he may still act like a douche towards the adults of the family, he will at least try to stop being like that towards the children.

I think you should go ahead to talk to him, but do so in the name of the children. As in:"its fine if you say what you think to me and my husband, but you should understand that it may be too hurtful for the children, and we do not wish for them to have resentment towards their uncle".

Last edited: