NBA fans only [No Betting!!!]

SunConjunctUranus

All

Let's discuss about NBA in this thread whether it is the match, free agency, highlight reel, bloopers, gossip, etc. Everything about "Where Amazing Happen", so NBA fans around the world welcome home!

Welcoming

Rudy

[Moved thread to Chat from Sports Astrology, because this is not an astrological topic. Astrology boards are for astrological topics only. All non-astrological topics belong in Chat. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

NO BETTING

Thanks Dirius for explaining why Horary is unreliable for sports betting :smile:

Dirius, while you're here, have you ever tried using your Horary skills to predict the outcome of soccer (futbol) matches? :unsure:
You can yes, but you can't "overuse it" as most people would want to do it in order to live off making bets for the winning team and cashing the money. At least with horary it is straightfoward impossible to do so on a regular continuous basis. You can make predictions about some matches that are of importance to the querent, its just like the "battle" question proposed by Lilly in Christian Astrology.

I recognize the difference between true Horary and Sports predicting, but they seem to include similar technique.
Horary is about casting a chart for a question you really want to know. If you fail to do that, the horary chart does not really work, and in most cases, people are only asking every day to see the outcome of sport matches they don't really care about and just want to know so they can bet on them. Thus why it can't really work.

What most "sports astrologers" are doing in reality is using some form of event astrology that they analyse in a similar manner to horary charts to make predictions. Maybe they work, maybe they don't, I don't really think "event" astrology exists to begin with (in my opinion it is derived from a perversion of how electional works by modern astrologers), at least not in the form they apply the technique. But to each his own.
But it has to be something really personal for Horary though, right? I mean, even if someone is passionate about sports or politics, that's not personal enough for Horary to give them a true prediction.
And that is why it only works with certain matches, such as you asking for your favourite team (which only plays once in a while), or a special occasion such as your country team playing an important match, and so on. For example I did cast an horary for a friend about Argentina/Germany match in the last world cup (which said Argentina would loose).

What I'm saying is that you can't "mass produce" horary charts in order to know the outcome of every sport match there is. And the usual reason people want to do this, is in order to bet on them

Tandy

Banned
I have used horary to ask sports outcomes. If there is an emotional interest in the question, I thought it was okay to ask.

david starling

SCU, you seem to have joined the Trad club. So, what's really hilarious is that your username includes a Planet you're forbidden from mentioning on the Traditional board. :lol:

SunConjunctUranus

Why it this funny to you? The right tool for the right job!
Unless you've gotten really good results using the Outermosts and asteroids? Do tell!

Dear mr David

You are obviously supporter of outer planets
so this is a shocking [not hilarious actualy] statement to us who supporting 7 classical planets only.

Explaining

R