How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

CapAquaPis

On my natal chart, Sun and Moon are in conjunction, then 4 planets are in retrograde: Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Virgo-3rd house; and Pluto in Libra-4th...and 4 others are direct: Mercury in Pisces; Venus in Aries; Uranus in Scorpio; and Neptune in Sagittarius. To have the 2 most prominent planets, half of the actual planets in retrograde and another half are direct, there's a lot of issues in my life I have to sort out and from what I studied, planets in retrograde can have either a lesser or stronger effect on people and life events.

CapAquaPis

For an Aquarius person, which is a person they can stand or be around with?

1. Mom: Taurus sun/Aquarius? Pisces?moon/Sagittarius? Capricorn? rising
2. Dad: Sagittarius sun/Libra moon/Aquarius noon-time (Aries hour) rising
3. Nephew: Capricorn sun/Gemini moon/Aquarius rising
4. Friend: Sidereal Aquarius sun/Gemini moon/Leo? Virgo? rising
5. Friend's husband: Sidereal Aquarius sun/Capricorn? Aquarius? sun/Leo? Virgo? rising
6. Friends' first daughter: Leo sun/Aquarius moon/Aquarius rising
7. Online friend: Aries sun/Scorpio moon/Aquarius rising
8. Online friend 2: Cancer sun/Aquarius moon/Scorpio rising
9. Family friend: Cancer sun/Cancer moon/Aquarius rising
10. Family friend's stepson: Virgo sun/Capricorn? Aquarius? moon/Capricorn? Aquarius? rising
11. My half-sis' Mom: Sidereal Aquarius sun/Taurus moon/Gemini rising
and 12. Great-grandma (deceased): Cancer sun/Cancer moon/Aquarius? Pisces? rising
Unknown rising sign: Grandpa (deceased): Aquarius sun/Scorpio moon/Pisces? rising

Let's say I can get along with all of these people, but there's something to bring a bit of conflict, tension, turmoil, trouble and some sort of problems along the way.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Aquarius planetary familiarities.

Sign Ruler planet: Saturn (In Modern, Uranus) Saturn can be co-ruler.
Daytime ruler (AM?): Saturn (I was born on Feb 15, 1980 - 2:20pm or 14:20 hours Pacific standard time).
Nighttime ruler (PM?): Mercury/Uranus (the planet in Aquarius means oddities and anomalies in one's life).
Exaltation: Sun (opposite sign Leo) or Mercury.
Fall: Venus (the planet in Aquarius has weak romantic relationships) or Neptune.
Weak: Mars (the planet in Aquarius isn't particularly strong).
Elevation: Jupiter (the planet in Aquarius represents a teacher).
Depression: Moon (not a good placement).
Debilitated: Neptune (the planet in Aquarius is of lower quality and ability).
Peregrine: Pluto (I don't know how much Pluto does things to Aquarius).
Detriment: Sun (a problematic placement).
Joy: Jupiter (Based on its aspects).
And proposed "Influence": Eris (a "female planet" in a masculine sign might be the reason for Aquarius' bigender-fluid-duality nature).

Decans: Aquarius (0-10 deg.), Gemini (11-20 deg.) and Libra (21-30 deg.) which means Saturn rules the first trimester, Mercury the 2nd (my Moon sign placement is 20' Aquarius) and Venus the 3rd (my Sun sing placement is 26').

Day signs (divided into 12) - degrees within a sign:
0-2.5: Mars Aries (In Sidereal, I would be a 1' Aquarius sun).
2.5-5: Venus Taurus (also Chiron).
5-7.5: Mercury Gemini (also Eris).
7.5-10: Moon Cancer (In Sidereal, my Moon is in 25' Capricorn).
10-12.5: Sun Leo (also Lilith).
12.5-15: Mercury Virgo (also Ceres).
15-17.5: Venus Libra (also True Node).
17.5-20: Mars Scorpio (also Pluto).
20-22.5: Jupiter Sagittarius (My Moon sign-placement).
22.5-25: Saturn Capricorn (also rules that sign).
25-27.5 Saturn Aquarius (also Uranus-my Sun sign-placement).
27.5-30 Jupiter Pisces (also Neptune-close to Pisces).

And planetary familiarities for birthdates (known as terms):
(0-)6-7': Saturn (close to Capricorn, also ruled by Saturn).
(7-)12-13': Mercury (related to the Gemini Decan).
(13-)19-20': Venus (not really like the Libra Decan).
(20-)25-26': Jupiter (close to day sign for 20-22.5 degrees).
(26-)29-30': Mars (close to Pisces, also the month "March" named for Mars).
Octaves: Uranus=Mercury, Neptune=Venus, Pluto=Mars, Jupiter=Ceres or Lilith and Saturn=Chiron or Eris.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Knowing two sidereal Aquarius/tropical Pisces family friends who are interested in astrology to some extent, they told me about all 12 signs are in their family. That's not the case in my family, both sides (mother and father) from looking up relatives and their sun, moon and rising signs. Here's what I learned about my friends'.

The wife is a Pisces sun/Gemini moon/Cancer noon-time rising (maybe Leo or Virgo ascendant), the husband is a Pisces sun/Capricorn or Aquarius moon/Leo or Virgo rising, the oldest (or first) daughter a Leo sun/Aquarius moon and rising-full moon, middle (or second) daughter a Libra sun/Sagittarius rising/the moon either in Libra or Scorpio-new moon(?) who just married an Aries sun man, last (or third) daughter a Scorpio sun/Cancer moon and from what I heard, her first child a boy is a Taurus sun/Leo moon/unsure about rising sign (would it be a surprise if it's an Ophiuchus, LOL-actually Scorpio or Sagittarius), I believe her boyfriend is an Aries sun and the wife's mother also an Aries sun (possibly Pisces sidereal for both - ideal sign for Aquarians and Scorpios alike).

Aquarius is the sign of friendship, acquainted people and being with the crowd. It wouldn't surprise me it's like having all the signs in your group, be it family and a circle of close or platonic friends. An Aquarian is devoted to helping or assisting others whether they know them or not. Especially with Cancer sun or moon aspects, they can really focus on what's important to people, the world and in general, the best moral and ethical stances over their ego or themselves.

greybeard

Are we going to use sidereal or tropical? Let's make it one or the other, your call.

Obliquity stands at around 23°26' right now. So my natal Sun at 17 Aqu 32 (not adjusted for precession) must be near 24 Cap 06. But I have no doubts about my Aquarian nature, and we have to choose one or the other...so Aquarius and the tropical zodiac for me. Seems to yield reliable results.

Because one of every 12 people are Aquarians, and because each one of them is a unique individual, I doubt that they each treat people of other signs in the same way. That is, a given Aquarius is likely to treat Taurus A differently from Taurus B...because not only is our Aquarian a unique person, but so are the 2 Taurus folks.

david starling

Are we going to use sidereal or tropical? Let's make it one or the other, your call.

Obliquity stands at around 23°26' right now. So my natal Sun at 17 Aqu 32 (not adjusted for precession) must be near 24 Cap 06. But I have no doubts about my Aquarian nature, and we have to choose one or the other...so Aquarius and the tropical zodiac for me. Seems to yield reliable results.

Because one of every 12 people are Aquarians, and because each one of them is a unique individual, I doubt that they each treat people of other signs in the same way. That is, a given Aquarius is likely to treat Taurus A differently from Taurus B...because not only is our Aquarian a unique person, but so are the 2 Taurus folks.

Where are you getting the 23degrees/26minutes separation between the 1st points of tropical and sidereal Aries? :unsure:

david starling

I've noticed a marked difference between Sun Aquarians on the cusps and those in between 5 or 6 degrees Aqua and 24 or 25 degrees. Capricornian qualities mixed with Aqua in the early group, Piscean qualities in the later.
Never have seen a valid explanation for "walling off" the Signs, as if they're somehow hermetically sealed, rather than a transitional continuum. I don't blend the rulers though. The Domicle-ruler stays the same, from beginning to end, although "less comfortably" Domicled at the cusps.

Last edited:

greybeard

Where are you getting the 23degrees/26minutes separation between the 1st points of tropical and sidereal Aries? :unsure:

From my handy-dandy Ephemeris.

Houses, in an old-world town, are walled-off. They include areas for small livestock, workshops, laundry, etc. There are different areas enclosed within the walls. The owner (ruler) owns it all. The wall between Mr Aquarius' property and Mrs Pisces' place keeps them separate and distinct.

Hmmm. Thank you. I seem to be prone to careless mistakes lately. So the SVP is about 4 Pisces 59, or 25°01' difference, ballpark.

Last edited:

david starling

From my handy-dandy Ephemeris.

Houses, in an old-world town, are walled-off. They include areas for small livestock, workshops, laundry, etc. There are different areas enclosed within the walls. The owner (ruler) owns it all. The wall between Mr Aquarius' property and Mrs Pisces' place keeps them separate and distinct.

Hmmm. Thank you. I seem to be prone to careless mistakes lately. So the SVP is about 4 Pisces 59, or 25°01' difference, ballpark.

HOUSES have walls. Signs are a continuum in transition, and share qualities at the cusps in a graduated way (decreasing or increasing relative to the Sign-boundaries) although the rulership is confined to the Sign the planet is actually in. Houses are areas of life, Signs are imparted qualities. Not the same thing.

CapAquaPis

We're going by tropical, in case you want to know. I mentioned a sidereal Aquarius person who are tropical Pisces are a good match for me personally in friendship, romance and business purposes. My sidereal sun is 1' Aquarius on the cusp with Capricorn, while my tropical sun is 26' 20" Aquarius conjunct the tropical moon in 20' 17" Aquarius.

david starling

We're going by tropical, in case you want to know. I mentioned a sidereal Aquarius person who are tropical Pisces are a good match for me personally in friendship, romance and business purposes. My sidereal sun is 1' Aquarius on the cusp with Capricorn, while my tropical sun is 26' 20" Aquarius conjunct the tropical moon in 20' 17" Aquarius.

That's an excellent point. Since I believe both tropical and sidereal are operative on different wavelengths, a tropical Sign is in some ways equivalent to its sidereal match, about one Sign back from it.

greybeard

HOUSES have walls. Signs are a continuum in transition, and share qualities at the cusps in a graduated way (decreasing or increasing relative to the Sign-boundaries) although the rulership is confined to the Sign the planet is actually in. Houses are areas of life, Signs are imparted qualities. Not the same thing.

I was using "houses" as a graphic metaphor for the signs. Countries have clearly defined borders, also with distinct regions. You should feel free to practice astrology as you feel fitting. I do. Thank you.

Last edited:

david starling

The year the two zodiacs were exactly in Sign-to-Sign convergence is a matter of opinion. The rate of precession is known, but not what year to start measuring from.

david starling

I was using "houses" as a graphic metaphor for the signs. Countries have clearly defined borders, also with distinct regions. You should feel free to practice astrology as you feel fitting. I do. Thank you.

As Passiflora pointed out, the governance of a country is clearly within its boundaries. Likewise, continuing with your metaphor, the rulership remains the same within the boundaries of a Sign. However, near the borders of two countries, they affect each other's cultures, just as Sign-qualities blend at the borders. The closer to a borderline, the more the blending.

Of course we can agree to disagree, but I STILL don't see why there's so much resistance to this manner of Sign-blending, which includes keeping the rulership contained. It doesn't change the Dispositorship, for example, which is an important factor. And it makes sense, both logically and intuitively.
Maybe the resistance is just about holding onto a time-honored convention, which has no rhyme or reason to back it up. At least, none that I've seen or heard about.

Last edited: