Should I take this job???

EvieGrace

Hello All,

Earlier this week, my old manager approached me to ask me if I would consider taking my old position back. This was the best news I had heard for months as I really loved this job and the team I worked with.
It may not even eventuate yet, but if it does, it could cause issues for someone else in the office and he could actually leave if I return.

So the question I pose is "should I take my old position back?..."

Any insight would be extremly helpful.
I don't want to cause issues for someone I once cared deeply for but I also don't want to give up a position that makes me incredibly happy!!

Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_eviegrace_hp_13401_30798.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_eviegrace_hp_13401_30798.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 75

ashley899

Hi EvieGrace,

I'm new at this, but it looks like the opportunity may have passed. Per William Lilly "if the later degrees arise, the matter of the Question is elapsed." Maybe the more experienced astrologers can shed more light on the matter......

wca

hi EvieGrace,

this is a learning forum, so I want to encourage you to first delineate and put your own thoughts out there before another astrologer weighs in. this is your chart and the responsibility of judgment lies with you. there are plenty of astrologers here willing to help and show what they see in the chart, but it's requisite that you put the work in and attempt to interpret your own chart. :)

EvieGrace

hi EvieGrace,

this is a learning forum, so I want to encourage you to first delineate and put your own thoughts out there before another astrologer weighs in. this is your chart and the responsibility of judgment lies with you. there are plenty of astrologers here willing to help and show what they see in the chart, but it's requisite that you put the work in and attempt to interpret your own chart. :)

Thank you both for your replies...
Yes, wca. I know this is a learning forum and I am slowly learning. When trying to look at Horary I'm not even sure what ruler I am!!

At the risk of sounding very silly, I can't even look at a chart and see what planets are aspecting or not aspecting one another....

EvieGrace

Do we think it the later degree causes the chart to be invalid or that the decision has already been made...
Most resource sites I'm reading say different things.

ashley899

I think it can mean either - it depends on the person or the question. I still think your chart indicates that it's too late due to the following:

ASC is late.
Mercury is Peregrine and slow.
Moon is moving away from a sextile with Mercury.

I don't know how to interpret the mutual reception between the Moon and Mercury though.

EvieGrace

I think it can mean either - it depends on the person or the question. I still think your chart indicates that it's too late due to the following:

ASC is late.

I don't know how to interpret the mutual reception between the Moon and Mercury though.

Yeah I don't know either but you certainly know more than me!! Haha.
I was up late last night reading to try and make out some interpretation but still very confused!

tsmall

Premium Member
Thank you both for your replies...
Yes, wca. I know this is a learning forum and I am slowly learning. When trying to look at Horary I'm not even sure what ruler I am!!

Hello Evie. To get started in horary (and to save myself time in explaining the basics) I would suggest this link.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

At the risk of sounding very silly, I can't even look at a chart and see what planets are aspecting or not aspecting one another....

Ok. The lines on the chart would be the first place to start. I am going to <gently> suggest that if you really are interested in studying and not just in getting a free chart reading that you see what you can do to cover the basics. Planets, signs, houses, aspects. The link I gave you for the horary tutorial is also a great website to explore for all of these things.

I'm new at this, but it looks like the opportunity may have passed. Per William Lilly "if the later degrees arise, the matter of the Question is elapsed." Maybe the more experienced astrologers can shed more light on the matter......

Right, Lilly said that, but what it means is that the answer is already known and the querent is asking out of desperation or anxiety.

Evie, since Virgo rises, you, the querent (and the astrologer...sometimes it is a really good idea to know what to do with the brooms before you start them marching...) are signified by Mercury. The job, the MC, is also signified by Mercury, since the MC is in Gemini. There is our first clue. When the querent and the quesited are the same planet...it is a good indication of something. Can we guess what?

Right. Mercury is peregrine, meaning being someplace where he (or in this case she) has no dignity and feeling lost and lonely...pretty unhappy. This is in the 10th house, which reperesents career. Mercury recently moved into Cancer, meaning Mercury recently changed jobs (how recently, I'm not sure, but I'd say about three somethings ago. Timing isn't my strong suit.) Mercury is slow because he is stationing retrograde. Which happens just about now (June 7th). Mercury, or in this case EvieGrace, is going to move back into her own dignities (Gemini) in the 10th house. EvieGrace is going back to her old job.

Caught that, did you? Yes, Moon is separating from a sextile to Mercury. Moon is the cosignificator of the querent and can give us insight into the querent's state of mind. Posited in the 12th, in Virgo, and her last aspect (which tells us what has recently happend) was a square to the Sun in the 10th sign/9th house without reception. Some sort of argument or conflict with a person in authority at a job (10th sign) that possibly provided wisdom 9th house?) Moon in 12th is in the house of self-undoing, and cadent. Applying to a sextile with Jupiter, who represents this part of the question...

I don't want to cause issues for someone I once cared deeply for but I also don't want to give up a position that makes me incredibly happy!!

Moon is applying to Jupiter in Moon's domicile, on the cusp of the 11th. There is some history there for sure. Jupiter is exalted and in a house that could have some influence over the decision, since the 11th is the 2nd to the 10th. It doesn't help that Moon applies from Jupiter's detriment. Moon receives Jupiter but Jupiter doesn't recieve the Moon. Saturn however interferes with the application, since Moon gets to him first. And he is retrograde in Scorpio, the sign of the Moon's fall, in the 2nd house. I wonder if there aren't financial considerations here? Especially since Mars, who is L2, is in detriment in the 1st?

What is kind of interesting is that Mercury is applying to Jupiter in the same sign and house, leading me to wonder if part of the reason for going back to this job isn't because Mercury kind of wants to be with Jupiter again? If nothing else, that Mercury stations and then does retrograde back to the MC/job signifies that old flame or not, EvieGrace is going back to her old job.

tikana

i have to say NO

three reasons

1. mars is in your 1st house - never want malefics there
2. you are ruled by Moon and it is in 12th. bad omen
3. there is no upcoming aspect between moon and merc,.. yes there is MR but since moon already passed merc, it tells me you outgrew the job. moon is also applying to malefic saturn.
merc is stationary and about to go retro - on top of being silent (watersign) it is double ill dignified. Yes it goes back into Gemini BUT can moon benefit from it? the answer is no.

I hope i am wrong

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Part of Happiness (ascendant+jupiter-sun) to estimate an answer to this advice request question:

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury
-co-significator = Moon
-job (10th house) = Gemini = Mercury
(-job as 6th house = Pisces = Jupiter)
-Part of Happiness falls @ 4 Scorpio
-querent Mercury flows toward the POH = yes
-10th house job significator Mercury flows toward the POH = yes
-co-significator Moon flows toward the POH = yes
(job as 6th house significator Jupiter flows toward the POH = yes)
-significator of the POH = Mars; Mars flows toward the POH = yes
Answer: at least as far as querent's happiness is concerned, the answer is yes...

EvieGrace

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Part of Happiness (ascendant+jupiter-sun) to estimate an answer to this advice request question:

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury
-co-significator = Moon
-job (10th house) = Gemini = Mercury
(-job as 6th house = Pisces = Jupiter)
-Part of Happiness falls @ 4 Scorpio
-querent Mercury flows toward the POH = yes
-10th house job significator Mercury flows toward the POH = yes
-co-significator Moon flows toward the POH = yes
(job as 6th house significator Jupiter flows toward the POH = yes)
-significator of the POH = Mars; Mars flows toward the POH = yes
Answer: at least as far as querent's happiness is concerned, the answer is yes...

Dr Farr, thank you... so this is all looking pretty positive from your interpretation and method?

TSmall, I've PM'd you to advise you of the full story. I'm actually quite amazed at how spot on you were!!

Culpeper

Premium Member
In this chart I see that your significator is Mercury as Virgo is rising. Mercury also rules the 10th house so instead of Mercury I use Saturn which is the day triplicity ruler of Gemini. Saturn is significator of the job. Well, both significators appear to be peregrine which is a bad indication in horary. The Moon also is separating even from Saturn although it is close. I think the Moon is peregrine as well. So I will say No you should not take the job.

EvieGrace

In this chart I see that your significator is Mercury as Virgo is rising. Mercury also rules the 10th house so instead of Mercury I use Saturn which is the day triplicity ruler of Gemini. Saturn is significator of the job. Well, both significators appear to be peregrine which is a bad indication in horary. The Moon also is separating even from Saturn although it is close. I think the Moon is peregrine as well. So I will say No you should not take the job.

Thank you for your input Culpeper...
Why do you think there are such different interpretations?? 2 of you saying yes and 2 of you saying no...

Tikana, you said something that indicated that I had outgrown the job. I'm not by any means saying anything against your skills of interpretation but I don't believe that to be true at all. I really thrived in that position and only left because I had to.

I find it fascinating that there are different views on this...
Would love for any one else to chime in with their opinion??

tikana

ehmm moon is moving away from mercury
you are moon ... it is moving faster than mercury. Can you come up with another logical explanation to why is moon moving away from mercury?

you want incoming aspects not outgoing.

if a planet had been retro and moving away, i'd say changing one's mind
but here you have xtremly weak significators that is like 2 drunks trying to help each other to cross the road.

if you wanna find out for yourself, grab christian astrology by W. Lilly and look into 10 house matters or grab Gatbury's pdf. I stick with traditional horary rules.

curious
T

Last edited:

EvieGrace

you are moon ... it is moving faster than mercury. Can you come up with another logical explanation to why is moon moving away from mercury?

but here you have xtremly weak significators that is like 2 drunks trying to help each other to cross the road.

if you wanna find out for yourself, grab christian astrology by W. Lilly and look into 10 house matters or grab Gatbury's pdf. I stick with traditional horary rules.

curious
T

Sorry T. I wasn't trying to rock the boat or anything like that. I was just saying that I don't believe I have outgrown the job. The job I'm currently in I despise but going back to this other department would be the best thing to happen all year.

I was more curious as to why there are differing opinions. I'm sorry, it's not that I don't respect your input....

tikana

curious
T
hi

i am just explaining .. :)

I dont know why there are conflicting opinions.
Applying aspects - things to come
separating aspects - things that came and left.

Besides, this is a learning forum so look at Lilly and Gatbury and post if you find anything interesting.

all good

EvieGrace

So with the conflicting replies and with the lovely TSmall's permission, I'm posting our PM's regarding the FULL situation and that will hopefully clarify why there are differences in opinions regarding the significators...

Thank you to TSmall who took time out of her day to explain this to me. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near this sort of caliber and it's an absolute credit to her for helping newbies like me understand the technicalities of this practice...

That is helpful. The reason you are getting conflicting replies is beacuse there is a difference of opinion as to what the significators are. The idea is that becuase the ASC and the MC are ruled by the same planet we need to assign separate significators for you and the job. Tikana is going the route of giving the Moon to you and the job to Mercury while Culpeppe is looking to keep Mercury as you and the job as Saturn. If I were to look at it that way, I'd be more inclined to use Culpepper's method, but for me Saturn seems to be describing your old boss more.

I have found that the chart will always be very descripitve of what is going on when we are completely familiar with the situation. My working theory at the moment is that you are Mercury, job is Sun, and Saturn represents your old boss (just how old is this boss? Saturn in Scorpio?) Jupiter is your old flame, Venus is the person who took the job after you, Mars is your finances/earnings.

When you ask about how old my boss is... do you mean age or how long ago was he my boss?? He is about 52 years old and was my boss from about August last year until February 28 of this year. He and I get along extremely well. He's like a father figure to me and knows about Jupiter (the old flame)... He is getting very anxious because Venus is only there periodically, where he needs someone full time. If he knew this was how it was going to turn out he would have kept me in the position...

Jupiter has said that he wants me to do what makes me happy but feels if it's too hard in his personal life, that he may have to look for work elsewhere.This position offers more money and security, where as my position now doesn't...

Alright, Evie, let's bring this one home, shall we?

Hour ruler is Venus; ASC, Mercury and VEnus are all in a triplicity ruled by Venus. Chart is radical.

ASC is late, indicating that the answer is known to the querent and the querent is asking out of desperation or anxiety.

Next we assign significators, and we want to make certain the significators we assign accurately describe the situation. Mercury as you makes complete sense, as we already know that Mercury left her dignities (Mercury in this chart is feminine for coming behind the Sun) a little over three degrees ago which corresponds to the number of months ago this all happened. Moon, as your co-significator but more importantly as the timer of events, squared Sun also three degrees ago.

Up next, we have Moon still in partile sextile with Saturn, though separating by minutes. When the chart was cast, the last thing that had happened was that your old boss came to you to see if you would be interested in going back to your old job because the person who replaced you wasn't working out. Saturn is retrograde--old boss coming back to you. It is safe to say that Saturn, as the almuten of the MC represents your boss. Saturn is a planet associated with age and authority and father figures in general.

If Saturn is your old boss, which planet then is the job itself? Let's look at the Sun. Most of the 9th house is taken up by the 10th sign, Gemini, and the Sun is in Gemini in the 9th. Ideas that come to mind (Gemini is an air sign, 9th house significations) are publishing, technology, long distance communications, or potentially investments/insurance (because the Sun rules the 12th and is exaltation ruler of the intercepted 8th sign.)

Your chart is actually two pronged, as you have already indicated, because you asked "should I take this job" when what you are really concerned about is a relationship and whether or not your actions will affect someone else. This means we want to look at the 10th house, but we also have to pay attention to the 7th.

There are two people who could belong in the 7th in this chart--the old flame, as ruler of the 7th, and Venus, as exaltation ruler of the 7th. Because at it's heart this is a relationship chart, I am more inclined to give Jupiter to the old lover, and Venus to the person you would be replacing. You would never have a relationship chart in which the significators are Mercury and Venus. The chart bears this out.

In relationship charts, the planetary pairs can only be Moon/Saturn, Sun/Saturn, Jupiter/Mercury or Venus/Mars. Sun/Saturn and Venus/Mars show that the participants have equal power or weight in the relationship. Moon/Saturn and Jupiter/Mercury are unequal: one of the parties is going to have more influence, stature, or power--that would be either Jupiter or Saturn. In this case, we have Jupiter in joy, exalted. This shows somene who enjoys enormous respect, has more power in the relationship itself, and in general works out to be the best significator for your lover. Again looking at the chart, we already saw that Mercury was "chasing" Jupiter so to speak (applying to conjunction in the same sign) but has stationed and will retrograde back. This is important, Evie, becuase this shows that even though you are worried about what Jupiter will do, you are going to do what is best for you in the end and take the job back if you can. More on this in a moment.

We come to the next obstacle, the person who has to vacate the job before you can possibly have it back. As noted, if we give this person Venus, we find Venus in Taurus, her own domicile. She is in the 8th house but the 9th sign. Again we have overlapping ideas that combine the significations of the 8th (fear, death or endings) with those of the 9th, including long distance travel. You have already said that she doesn't like the commute. The 8th could be the ending of her position. This gets reinforced when we see that Venus is applying to an opposition with Saturn (the boss). Remembering that Saturn is retrograde, and that Scorpio is the sign of Venus' detriment, we have an opposition with an rx planet from the detriment of Venus with no reception. Venus is going to be forced or compelled to do something. Oppostions are contests or compromise; without reception we get the sense that Venus is going to be forced somehow to leave. That Venus is dignified means she will be able to handle it when it happens.

Getting back to Jupiter, and the heart of your question. Mars in detriment in Libra is applying to a square with Jupiter. Mars rules the 2nd, but is also the exaltation ruler of the 5th house of children. Posited in the 1st could show that your second house is on your mind (which clearly it is, lol. Who wouldn't want to make more money? Just looking at the position of Mars and Saturn as malefics and not significators pretty much shows your second house is in dire straights.) It could also show that, because Mars is in Jupiter's 7th house, again in detriment, Jupiter is anticipating a problem with the children's exaltation ruler in his 7th house of marriage. Jupiter exalted--exalted planets are ofent overblown, puffed up, making more out of something than they really need to. Sure, Mars is applying to a square with Jupiter, but that aspect does not perfect. Jupiter will escape to Virgo before it can.

Moon's next aspect is a sextile to Jupiter, and there is a bit of reception as Moon is in Jupiter's terms with Jupiter in Moon's domicile. Bonatti tells us in his table of perfection that a sextile with reception means the thing comes shortly, but not without the querent's demand or expectation. In this case we have Moon applying not just to Jupiter, but to the greater benefic sitting smack on the cusp of the 11th house of hopes and wishes.

I stand by my original judgement. Venus will leave, Jupiter won't (despite what he says right now) and you will go back to your old job. I'd give it three months though, because 1) that is how long ago we get from the timing of Mercury moving out of dignity to the time the chart was cast, and 2) it looks like your old boss might want to give Venus some time to find another job.

TSmall was correct in every possible sense with what she saw in the original chart. I'm not saying I dispute anyone else's interpretation. But I think that TSmall has looked at it in a way that assigns the correct significators.

You really went above and beyond by helping me out, especially when there was so much angst amongst this situation. As I mentioned, I posted this as TSmall reminded me this was a learning forum and this will hopefully help anyone else who comes to look at this thread.