Lung issues again - need advice

leomoon

I was scheduled for a replacement knee operation, but cancelled due to our city's overcrowded hospitals and the corona virus outbreak. Its on hold for 6 months, but meanwhile I found out today that the surgeon's request for a Chest XRay for me, came in and my Primary Dr.will now likely want me to get a Cat Scan done.

There is a nodular mass that the xray technician thinks could be a certain type of immune disease having to possibly due with my past Valley Fever which left a scar on my lung.

I'm not sure yet if this is the same lung as the Valley Fever damaged back in 2013, so I'll post that chart too.

Bottom line is, does the chart look like its related to this bacteria caused by the Valley Fever, a fungal infection? Will I have to do chemotherapy?

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/coccidioidomycosis/index.html

I thought this was all over with in 2013-14, but the South Node and Mercury - Uranus looks to me like it could be back again 7 years later :(

I can also post a Vedic Sidereal chart too if necessary for kalinka if she wishes to see it:

comparison with 2013 VF

Aria Venue

hello leomoon
though i am not a medical horarist expert i tend to think that your problem is an old one. in this chart accidental significator of your lungs is venus, which is in a sign uncongenial to venus humoral properties (cold and wet) in taurus is extra dry. However in this chart we see also that the natural sig for lungs which is always jupiter in medical horary, contrary to wrong assumptions which often attribute lungs to mercury-lungs as a pair), is too long ill in the 6th house, being again in a sign cold and dry,in his fall, while jupiter as a planet is hot and moist. What harms mainly jupiter is saturn, its dispositor as also your body's (moon) dispositor ( an excess of black choler)
keep in mind that according to saunders saturn in the last 18 degrees of cap is cold and dry in the extremity of 4th degree.i have to add also that venus in a fixed sign points to a chronical problem while jupiter in cap as cardinal to an accute one, though jupiter as i previously said its being there for long..but either way you see it for sure there's a problem
this exalted mars (which naturally describes all viruses etc) has not yet reached jupiter. Nevertheless moon previously separated from him connecting him with mars, so either way could have been even more afflicted, but in this case i tend to think that mars describes the treatment for the disease-saturn.
regarding the treatment you said, seeing moon about to aspect Saturn and mars (also l10) approaching Jupiter I think that yes will be necessary

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Actually LeoMoon, I want to see your other chart again. To see if it depicts the cancellation and how. I am pretty sure I printed it, I will look.

aquarius7000

Hi LeoMoon,

You are the Moon - in Cap - where the Moon is in detriment - this shows there is something not right with you

The disease/ailment is the 6th house - Jupiter - in Cap's dominion and in the 6th house of diseases also. Jupiter shows tumours and growth- as we all know- so I fear there is some sort of an (unnecessary) growth inside you

Since you are specifically asking about the lungs - let us look at the significator of the lungs - Mercury - which in general rules the respiratory system in general. In your chart, Mercury is in Pisces, where Mercury is also in detriment - so weak - literally meaning lungs are weak or there is an issue with them.

Now, with Mars - the treatment - via the 10th house ruled by Aries being strong in Capricorn and having Jupiter in its domain- where it is exalted (Cap) - it tells me that the treatment will get a grip on the growth- or the disease.

Now the doctor is the 7th house - Saturn via Aquarius - and is separating from the Moon (you), so I am going to interpret it as moving away from what originally your treatment plan was - knee replacements - to look at this other issue.

Good luck to you and please if you feel ok do post an update. Stay safe.

Aria Venue

Hi LeoMoon,

You are the Moon - in Cap - where the Moon is in detriment - this shows there is something not right with you

The disease/ailment is the 6th house - Jupiter - in Cap's dominion and in the 6th house of diseases also. Jupiter shows tumours and growth- as we all know- so I fear there is some sort of an (unnecessary) growth inside you

Since you are specifically asking about the lungs - let us look at the significator of the lungs - Mercury - which in general rules the respiratory system in general. In your chart, Mercury is in Pisces, where Mercury is also in detriment - so weak - literally meaning lungs are weak or there is an issue with them.

Now, with Mars - the treatment - via the 10th house ruled by Aries being strong in Capricorn and having Jupiter in its domain- where it is exalted (Cap) - it tells me that the treatment will get a grip on the growth- or the disease.

Now the doctor is the 7th house - Saturn via Aquarius - and is separating from the Moon (you), so I am going to interpret it as moving away from what originally your treatment plan was - knee replacements - to look at this other issue.

Good luck to you and please if you feel ok do post an update. Stay safe.

i am sorry to intervene my dear Aquarius but since we deal with a medical chart and not a regular one, mercury is not the natural significator for lungs!!!! that's a fact, this misconception stems from the fact that mercury depicts organs in pairs, but : according to lilly, Saunders Culpeper, manillus Al-Kindi, bonnati and many others (at least to western traditional medical astrology) the 4th house cancer is lungs, chest , breasts.The lungs are clearly connected with Air and Jupiter is the Airy planet.Jupiter is also moist which describes the cartilage, which is firm but soft, not as hard as the Saturnal bones. It is a connective tissue of an elastic nature, a kind of soft, moist form of the real bone.mercury's relation to lungs refers more to the aspect of exchange of waste products and air and to its antipathy to Jupiter. The Airy Great Benefic describes the lungs in general better than cold and dry Mercury.

Also in medical astrology we don't judge the condition of the organ by its essential dignities..for example in this case we have accidental ruler of lungs venus, venus although strong in taurus in her domicile, still is ill, cause venus is a cold and wet planet in a cold and dry sign (taurus)...but this is only a hint that venus is not at ease over there is diseased.... the same we see also with leomoon's body which is moon in a sign uncongenial to moon's nature (cold and wet), or with jupiter as the natural sig for lungs which is in cap again etc.So now you may understand that the first culprit usually is the planet that has power over the body- or the organ(lungs), as in this case obviously saturn, but of cource this isnt always the case so we always check other factors also..this just a hint how medical horary works

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thanks, Aria. I have been doing Horary and Medical Astrology for about 10 years now, and this is Horary here, I have always used Mercury as the significator of lungs. I saw in your previous post that you think otherwise and that is fine.
For the sake of LeoMoon I hope I am incorrect :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts though.

Aria Venue

Thanks, Aria. I have been doing Horary and Medical Astrology for about 10 years now, and this is Horary here, I have always used Mercury as the significator of lungs. I saw in your previous post that you think otherwise and that is fine.
For the sake of LeoMoon I hope I am incorrect :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts though.

you're welcome my dear aquarious and of course you can understand why i mentioned this...after all i practice traditional astrology and it's common due to social media misconceptions to arise ..this is why we must always refer to the original traditional sources and not invent rules-rulerships ...and particularly to such sensitive charts :love:
so i'm just mentioning this for educational purposes for members and not for you.That's all .thank you for commenting :smile:

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Well, in traditional Astrology itself there are differences - for instance Culpeper.
you're welcome my dear aquarious and of course you can understand why i mentioned this...after all i practice traditional astrology and it's common due to social media misconceptions to arise ..this is why we must always refer to the original traditional sources and not invent rules-rulerships ...and particularly to such sensitive charts :love:
so i'm just mentioning this for educational purposes for members and not for you.That's all .thank you for commenting :smile:

Aria Venue

Well, in traditional Astrology itself there are differences - for instance Culpeper.
oh you mean generally speaking or specifically about lungs? Culpeper gives also jupiter for lungs, there are numerous recipes in his books related to lungs, but yes sometimes we see differences among assigning natural significators for different things, this is common

aquarius7000

It depends how you are looking at things. For instance, if you are primarily considering the respiratory area... as i am, I choose to use Mercury for lungs. If I am looking for water/fluid retention in that area, I will also look at the Moon's condition. Dygges also calls Merc. responsible for bronchial issues and pneumonia. So I think whilst we both seem to be using trad. astrology, we are following different astrologers of the time.

Aria Venue

It depends how you are looking at things. For instance, if you are primarily considering the respiratory area... as i am, I choose to use Mercury for lungs. If I am looking for water/fluid retention in that area, I will also look at the Moon's condition. Dygges also calls Merc. responsible for bronchial issues and pneumonia. So I think whilst we both seem to be using trad. astrology, we are following different astrologers of the time.

indeed Dygges in his 1555 manuscript assigns the lungs (including the trachea and bronchi)to mercury and considering the main function of bronhi as the main passageway into the lungs, while we see also in this specific chart that 4th cusp is at the middle of libra, then the bronhi-trachea part could have accidental sig mercury, since the specific organ parts precede..for the same reason alveoli is attributed to mercury etc..
Still the querent in this case if i understood correctly already knows that indeed there's a problem with her lungs, she asks though whether this is the old one or a new one and mercury just entered pisces and mutable, so in case as you said mercury is the problem with her lungs, and mayby indeed there's a problem with her alveoli i dont know, but still this Lung nodule according to her doctor its related to bacteria caused by the Valley Fever .
seeing the problem as venus it seems also old (fixed ), as jupiter accute but Jupiter is in cap long time also...so obviously i am not her doctor but according to the background she gave i tend to think that the problem manifests with jupiter, but mayby i am wrong :smile:

Dear ArieVenue

Mercury rules the lungs; it is the wet/moist radical Jupiter/Neptune square (lord of radical Pisces/Sagittarius) that is often the cause (in natural discordant position) to the signs of Virgo/Gemini, Virgo being the natural sign of the health, that gives rise to the humors being over moist or dry for the ailment, Moon and Mars give underlying symptoms to the malady, lending hot and wet conditions.

Re: Lung issues again - need advice

hello leomoon

though i am not a medical horarist expert i tend to think that your problem is an old one. in this chart accidental significator of your lungs is venus, which is in a sign uncongenial to venus humoral properties (cold and wet) in taurus is extra dry. However in this chart we see also that the natural sig for lungs which is always jupiter in medical horary, contrary to wrong assumptions which often attribute lungs to mercury-lungs as a pair), is too long ill in the 6th house, being again in a sign cold and dry,in his fall, while jupiter as a planet is hot and moist. What harms mainly jupiter is saturn, its dispositor as also your body's (moon) dispositor ( an excess of black choler)
keep in mind that according to saunders saturn in the last 18 degrees of cap is cold and dry in the extremity of 4th degree.i have to add also that venus in a fixed sign points to a chronical problem while jupiter in cap as cardinal to an accute one, though jupiter as i previously said its being there for long..but either way you see it for sure there's a problem
this exalted mars (which naturally describes all viruses etc) has not yet reached jupiter. Nevertheless moon previously separated from him connecting him with mars, so either way could have been even more afflicted, but in this case i tend to think that mars describes the treatment for the disease-saturn.
regarding the treatment you said, seeing moon about to aspect Saturn and mars (also l10) approaching Jupiter I think that yes will be necessary

Hello LeoMoon & AriesVenue

Am not a medical Astrologer either, but have some experience with the dual Mercury that most decidedly has jurisdiction with lung maladies. My books (Medical Astrology) are not with me at present, so would you be so kind as to quote (please AriaVenue) where you see those loverly Astrologer's saying that Jupiter rules the lungs for my edification.

Please refer tp : http://www.homeoint.org/morrell/astrology/medical.htm

Within the chart there are signets that suggest a no answer (Moon conj. Saturn denial in the house of doctor's) and with the consideration of the context of the question; there are indication that this is mainly a 'yes and no' question, Mercury is sextile (yes) Uranus and consider Jupiter in Mutual reception with Uranus, they are able to get out of the situation they are intenating; (esp. if you think Jupiter is particular to the area of concern you attest Jupiter to be privy to)...and quickly. By the way, Doris Chasse Doane attributes Jupiter back in Taurus in harmongy as Uranus will be back in Capricorn in his dignity.

I realize the traditional Medical Astrologer does not consider the Modern's, but here, Uranus.. a way up in the 10th near the Nodes (4 dg.) is very much a part of this situation.

Moon conj. Saturn hidden in the 12 HC (turning the wheel the 7th house is 12th from the 8th, Scorpio's domain), = (time and anxiety) is soon over with the concern of illness, it is my opinion there will not have to be any chemical treatment. The diagnosis will be related to past diagnosis (Mercury is in 8th H.C.). Moon and Saturn within the 7th house (oppositon Ascendant) have a great deal to do with past incidence to what ails the querent here, they being conj. are soon leaving the aspect, for this worry.

Wishing you well-I guess my opinion is really only that, for I am only a :

Student of Astrology

Last edited:

Aria Venue

Dear ArieVenue

Mercury rules the lungs:unsure::annoyed:; it is the wet/moist Jupiter/Neptune (lord of Pisces/Sagittarius) that is the cause (being square; opposition) to the signs of VIrgo/Gemini, Virgo being the natural sign of the health, that gives rise to the humors being over moist or dry for the ailment, Moon and Mars give underlying symptoms to the malady, lending hot and wet conditions.

Hello LeoMoon & AriesVenue

Am not a medical Astrologer either, but have some experience with the dual Mercury that most decidedly has jurisdiction with lung maladies. My books (Medical Astrology) are not with me at present, so would you be so kind as to quote (please AriaVenue) where you see those loverly Astrologer's saying that Jupiter rules the lungs for my edification.

Please refer tp : http://www.homeoint.org/morrell/astrology/medical.htm

Within the chart there are signets that suggest a no answer (Moon conj. Saturn denial in the house of doctor's) and with the consideration of the context of the question; there are indication that this is mainly a 'yes and no' question, Mercury is sextile (yes) Uranus and consider Jupiter in Mutual reception with Uranus, they are able to get out of the situation they are intenating; (esp. if you think Jupiter is particular to the area of concern you attest Jupiter to be privy to)...and quickly. By the way, Doris Chasse Doane attributes Jupiter back in Taurus in harmongy as Uranus will be back in Capricorn in his dignity.

I realize the traditional Medical Astrologer does not consider the Modern's, but here, Uranus.. a way up in the 10th near the Nodes (4 dg.) is very much a part of this situation.

Moon conj. Saturn hidden in the 12 HC (turning the wheel the 7th house is 12th from the 8th, Scorpio's domain), = (time and anxiety) is soon over with the concern of illness, it is my opinion there will not have to be any chemical treatment. The diagnosis will be related to past diagnosis (Mercury is in 8th H.C.). Moon and Saturn within the 7th house (oppositon Ascendant) have a great deal to do with past incidence to what ails the querent here, they being conj. are soon leaving the aspect, for this worry.

Wishing you well-I guess my opinion is really only that, for I am only a :

Student of Astrology

my dear Student of Astrology i cannot possibly open in this thread a discussion why modern astrologers invent their own rules-rulerships , why the see aspects when there aren't any, or why they use outers as rulers, why they don't understand that nodes don't cast aspects, why they attribute the house of death 8th to sex and so forth....
Also i have many times mentioned that even i keep an eye on outers when they are on relevant planets or cusps, and treated always a fixed stars, as in this case for example malefic pluto next to jupiter ( 2 orb)
Now since you don't know traditional astrology and especially you are not trained to medical horary i will kindly advise you to read the sources i mentioned, this is a must for a student of astrology as for everyone who wishes to learn, especially Saunders and Culpeper for medical astrology:love:

Last edited:

aquarius7000

So, what I am paying attention to, firstly is that the weak area of the querent is the respiratory area and then "There is a nodular mass", so for me both Merc (for the reasons already explained) and Jup (for that nodular mass) are relevant here.

Anyway, good to have a decent discussion with you, and hopefully the querent will bring us some good news back. Who cares in such cases about being right, as long as the native is doing well.

indeed Dygges in his 1555 manuscript assigns the lungs (including the trachea and bronchi)to mercury and considering the main function of bronhi as the main passageway into the lungs, while we see also in this specific chart that 4th cusp is at the middle of libra, then the bronhi-trachea part could have accidental sig mercury, since the specific organ parts precede..for the same reason alveoli is attributed to mercury etc..
Still the querent in this case if i understood correctly already knows that indeed there's a problem with her lungs, she asks though whether this is the old one or a new one and mercury just entered pisces and mutable, so in case as you said mercury is the problem with her lungs, and mayby indeed there's a problem with her alveoli i dont know, but still this Lung nodule according to her doctor its related to bacteria caused by the Valley Fever .
seeing the problem as venus it seems also old (fixed ), as jupiter accute but Jupiter is in cap long time also...so obviously i am not her doctor but according to the background she gave i tend to think that the problem manifests with jupiter, but mayby i am wrong :smile:

Tsk Tsk and you my dear, yes I am only a Student but an old one..which has something to do with wisdom here, but I guess there is much yet to be learned so I will visit your site, but the other inconsistencies, distortions, you mention (..and do you attest I think are my own (hmm?) are not of my understanding they have something to do with our discussion, nor agreement of importance, usage here..sorry. Yes the points of the Nodes do not give off aspects for certain but they are very important, and to the other points you mentioned well, I will only say some are not relevant to our discussion?

Sincerely
Student of Astrology
..am in agreement with you, Mars exalted (Scar tissue), Jupiter are factors in this diagnosis.

Post Script : Did not wish to ruffle your feathers:biggrin:

Last edited:

Aria Venue

So, what I am paying attention to, firstly is that the weak area of the querent is the respiratory area and then "There is a nodular mass", so for me both Merc (for the reasons already explained) and Jup (for that nodular mass) are relevant here.

Anyway, good to have a decent discussion with you, and hopefully the querent will bring us some good news back. Who cares in such cases about being right, as long as the native is doing well.

It was a pleasure for me too my dear aquarious and as you said the important is the querent to be healthy and bring us some good news back !!!and even in case the querent actually needs treatment of any kind (even a surgical one as biopsy, seeing mars as the surgical knife) at least i am sure that this treatment will be able to cure the disease :smile:

Aria Venue

Tsk Tsk and you my dear, yes I am only a Student but an old one..which has something to do with wisdom here, but I guess there is much yet to be learned so I will visit your site, but the other inconsistencies, distortions, you mention (..and do you attest I think are my own (hmm?) are not of my understanding they have something to do with our discussion, nor agreement of importance, usage here..sorry. Yes the points of the Nodes do not give off aspects for certain but they are very important, and to the other points you mentioned well, I will only say some are not relevant to our discussion?

Sincerely
Student of Astrology
..am in agreement with you, Mars exalted (Scar tissue), Jupiter are factors in this diagnosis.

Post Script : Did not wish to ruffle your feathers:biggrin:

no problem...i was speaking generally related to rules that modern astrologers usually invent by themselves, while they don't actually know the basics, for example what is n.n or why they don't cast aspects etc... not in particular to your analysis:smile:
keep well and reading always :love:

aquarius7000

It was a pleasure for me too my dear aquarious and as you said the important is the querent to be healthy and bring us some good news back !!!and even in case the querent actually needs treatment of any kind (even a surgical one as biopsy, seeing mars as the surgical knife) at least i am sure that this treatment will be able to cure the disease :smile:
Yes, I see that the querent will need treatment, but that is will go well. As said in my first post: "Now, with Mars - the treatment - via the 10th house ruled by Aries being strong in Capricorn and having Jupiter in its domain- where it is exalted (Cap) - it tells me that the treatment will get a grip on the growth- or the disease."

leomoon

Hi LeoMoon,

Any chance you can post your natal chart?

YES! Do you want both Sidereal (Vedic) and Tropical?

I think I'll post both.

Update: Went to the Primary Dr. this Saturday morning, he set aside of labs.
He told me that it very likely looked to him like the Valley Fever (2013 bout) with this disease. I recall at the time of an MRI the clinician told me I will always have a scar?

Today, they call it a "mass" less then 3 centimeters so very small.

I asked the Doctor IF I could postpone this new MRI or CATScan until the Corona Virus is under some kind of control, and he said yes, -I can wait a year to follow through with the CatScan because it will show him more then the Xray.

:crying:Thanks to everyone who contributed onto this thread. It "may" be a lymph nodule also said the Doctor at the Lab's opinion. And if it is, should not be too concerning as people often have them. :unsure:

Last edited: