Astrological planets at the end of house 3 interpreted in house 4?

ThisIsMe

Which is it, I'm confused. And I'm a bit annoyed with having to interpret both the 3rd house Sun and 4th house Sun.

My birth time is 1:27 AM September 21st 1991, In Gallipolis OH.

If I enter my details at Astrotheme.com Their system says that planets on the cusp of the next house within a few degrees are interpreted in that house

Astro.com just says sun in house 3 and yet if i go to Astro.com and do the click portrait it has both interpretations for the Sun in the 3rd and Sun in the 4th.

Can anyone help me?

ThisIsMe

EDIT: Nvm.

I'm still confused on which house it is in, I wish someone'd do my chart or have a look at it. Give me your opinion.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
EDIT: Nvm.

I'm still confused on which house it is in, I wish someone'd do my chart or have a look at it. Give me your opinion.

If your Sun is within a few degrees of the cusp of the next house, then you interpret it for the house it is in. It is in that house.

Then you also interpret it for the subsequent house to get the full portrait of your Sun. It is pretty straightforward.

JUPITERASC

Which is it, I'm confused. And I'm a bit annoyed with having to interpret both the 3rd house Sun and 4th house Sun.

My birth time is 1:27 AM September 21st 1991, In Gallipolis OH.

If I enter my details at Astrotheme.com Their system says that planets on the cusp of the next house within a few degrees are interpreted in that house

Astro.com just says sun in house 3 and yet if i go to Astro.com and do the click portrait it has both interpretations for the Sun in the 3rd and Sun in the 4th.

Can anyone help me?
Hello ThisIsMe :smile:

There are more than thirty different house systems and in fact FOURTEEN of those are available on the Extended Chart Selection page of astro.com

Here's a brief article on the reasons why there are so many different house system
s http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

To illustrate, I have attached your chart using three of the fourteen different house systems available on astro.com

(1) Whole Signs
(2) Porphyry
(3) Placidus

All three indicate that you have a 3rd house sun

Attachments

• ThisIsMe WHOLE SIGN 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    ThisIsMe WHOLE SIGN 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
  • ThisIsMe PORPHYRY 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    ThisIsMe PORPHYRY 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ThisIsMe PLACIDUS 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    ThisIsMe PLACIDUS 3RD HOUSE SUN.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 30

dr. farr

In whole sign houses (which I follow), with the Sun being over 2 degrees away from the border of the 4th whole sign house, I myself would delineate the Sun as being in the 3rd whole sign house, conjuncting the IC (which in whole sign would also be in the 3rd house) Only when a planet is within a degree of the border of the next whole sign house, would I tend to delineate it in respect to both houses.