Is my Father having an affair?

Chrysalis

We are seeing the same from moon to venus (online flirting)...venus is void and quite weak. Does venus have power to destroy a marriage? No but enough to rattle L10 and the q

Yes I'm getting just chatting same as you, but no actual meet up.

I mean Sun is detriment in cap, Suns got no courage to go nowhere.
But def something going on.

tikana

Yes I'm getting just chatting same as you, but no actual meet up.

I mean Sun is detriment in cap, Suns got no courage to go nowhere.
But def something going on.

venus void cadent no essential dignity - nothing !
moon aka father is bored to death .. look at that opposition:devil:

ElenaJ

As already mentioned, the ascendant querent is Volume is conjunct Chiron, which shows the suffering this situation is causing.
As I stated earlier, I prefer the modern assignation of the 4th and 10th, whereby the father would be the 10th house, ruled by Saturn. We know he is up in age, the father figure, and sad, all of which corresponds to saturn.
Saturn is near the beginning of his 2nd house, and co-ruler of the house, which gives us an idea of what his concern is about. Money.
Saturn had been conjunct expansive Jupiter, ruler of his 3rd, which made him quite optimistic, maybe too much so. Jupiter is also the ruler of intercepted Sagittarius, the gamer, in his 12th house of self-undoing.
Saturn next will square Uranus, co-ruler of his 2nd of finances, and located in his 5th of short term investments and gambling.
We also find aggressive mars in aries on his 5th cusp. Exaggeration. Mars separates from the square with pluto of compulsion and co-ruler of his 12th of hidden matters.
Note that conjunct the cusp of the 10th, Volume’s father, we find sun, who rules his 8th of other people’s money, loans, pensions and mortgages.
I asked Volume why she had entered the asteroid Varuna in the chart. Of all the thousands of asteroids to choose from, why this one?
A summary of its symbolism is “Astrologically, Varuna represents law and order, the sea, and the lasting legacy one leaves behind.“
Varuna assumes importance in the chart because Saturn, ruler of the 10th, approaches an opposition.
So the general picture would seem to be that of worries about an investment gone sour, and the repercussions it might have on his home and family (Chiron conjunct his 4th, which is the radical 1st).

Some of these positions and aspects could also reflect a love affair, but what puzzled me is the Saturn position in the father's 2nd house, which all falls into place if we consider that he is not having an affair, but is worried about a money situation.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Eek,Elena! I was thinking of the moon being in Cancer. But it's not. It's in Gemini.

So much for Professor Waybread. :crying:

But Volume, thanks anyway for the complement. Please let us know what happens.

Moon in Gemini is considered a mild debility, being the 12th house of Cancer.

Bunraku

Actually Vedic Astrology is anywhere from 5500 to 8000 or more years old.

Is it? The current somewhat accepted & controversial theory is that greek works on (horoscopic) astrology were transmitted to india via a sanskrit scholar which is how they gained the practice as we know it today.

Last edited:

waybread

Moon in Gemini is considered a mild debility, being the 12th house of Cancer.

What is your source on this? I've not seen it before.

I use the 4th house for the father. Traditionally the 4th is more extensive than just the person of one's father, but includes the sense of patrimony. Stuff like inheritance and land through the male line, the wife and children taking the father's name and social standing.

The moon in this chart is in the 12th house from the 4th, but here I would see it as indicating the querent's suspicions of her father. As accidental ruler of the 4th, the moon in the third could also indicate that Dad is holding some secrets.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

When considering the 4th/10th, whether we use the traditional or modern interpretation, in theory we should both come to more or less the same conclusions. The chart should not contradict itself.

Bunraku

What is your source on this? I've not seen it before.

I use the 4th house for the father. Traditionally the 4th is more extensive than just the person of one's father, but includes the sense of patrimony. Stuff like inheritance and land through the male line, the wife and children taking the father's name and social standing.

The moon in this chart is in the 12th house from the 4th, but here I would see it as indicating the querent's suspicions of her father. As accidental ruler of the 4th, the moon in the third could also indicate that Dad is holding some secrets.

Bonatti on the moon's afflictions:
https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/bonatti146considerations.html

The 6th is when she is in Gemini, which is the twelfth from her own House.

waybread

Thanks, Bunraku. I confess that my eyes glaze over when considering 146 considerations. But I'll keep this one in mind.