Too much Saturn? One-sided feelings?

keenlao

Hello, and thank you in advance for looking at these charts!

I have a relationship with someone and we have so many Saturn aspects and it definitely feels heavy and fated. I feel as if the serious undertones are keeping us from getting closer to each other emotionally and are starting to effect the physical aspects of our connection.

I am so new to astrology and don't feel like I can get a real objective view of what's happening here. Can someone please take a look at our synastry, composite and birth charts and help me decipher if this relationship will get off the ground? Is Saturn a glue here or a block?

Is his distance cautiousness, or is this a one sided relationship.

Attachments

• LA synastry.jpg
    LA synastry.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 46
  • LA composite chart.jpg
    LA composite chart.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 40
  • L birth chart.jpg
    L birth chart.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 42
  • A birth chart.jpg
    A birth chart.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 37

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi keenlao, can you post the two birthdates (since I noticed you have them visible in the charts though not quite large enough for me to read) so I can plug in those charts and take a look?

Actually to answer your question it can be both, Saturn can really keep people glued together in ways they themselves can't comprehend yet at the same time it can also take a lot of the fun (sometimes joy depending on what it's aspecting) out of a relationship. So it gives you something but there is a price to pay for it too.

keenlao

hi jkxx74, thank you for your reply.

Yes, here are the birthdates/ times:

October 16, 1984 22:01 Ventura California
October 17, 1993 02:41 Los Angeles California

I appreciate whatever insight you can provide.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Actually the synastry doesn't look too bad but you do have Venus square Saturn on one side (this will basically make the Saturn person somewhat insecure at the sight of Venus' affections with Saturn getting defensive) and Mars conjunct Saturn on the other (Saturn tends to again shut off Mars' confidence and initiative) so there are perceived blockages going both ways - although you also have the much more compatible Moon conjunct Saturn which would work well despite making the emotions a bit subdued.

Woops I read a sextile as a square - nevermind - the composite still has the Sun-Venus sextile Uranus which would make it difficult to keep things nice and stable without introducing some quirkiness or unusual elements into it.

keenlao

So we both perceive blocks from each other, and there will need an unusual component to our relationship to keep it going, but overall, not too bad?

When you say Saturn will get insecure at the sight of Venus' affections and get defensive, does that mean if Venus is affectionate with others or with them?

jkxx74

Premium Member
Blocks but they are not necessarily a bad thing - Saturn is also binding so although you may feel suppressed in terms of the planet Saturn is aspecting there is also a wonderful sense of security this generates (even with the harsh aspects) so yes it's not just a bad thing. It could be if one person is very fiery and decides they need more expression than Saturn is allowing them but this depends on personality.

Saturn wants Venus to stay as she is so indeed the Saturn person can get jealous of Venus' graces (after all Venus expresses naturally what Saturn lacks in terms of what these planets mean) and start acting cold and restrictive - this is not because they are being mean but because they fear losing Venus. On the other hand Venus showing interest in others would certainly not be seen positively by Saturn, given the meaning given above.

Hope this helps.