Why do I have so many empty houses?

Looking at my natal chart, it looks quite different from most others I have seen. I'm just wondering if it normal to have so many empty houses in my chart? Does it mean anything? Also I have always lacked a sence of direction.....I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Seems as if I have just been floating around, since as long as I can remember. It's not that I'm even disappointed in myself, or with my life..... Just seems that I should be doing more with it. Any help, advice or ideas concerning my chart would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• my_natal.gif
    my_natal.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 51

JUPITERASC

Looking at my natal chart, it looks quite different from most others I have seen. I'm just wondering if it normal to have so many empty houses in my chart? Does it mean anything? Also I have always lacked a sence of direction.....I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Seems as if I have just been floating around, since as long as I can remember. It's not that I'm even disappointed in myself, or with my life..... Just seems that I should be doing more with it. Any help, advice or ideas concerning my chart would be appreciated. Thank you.
SouthernCross, every natal chart has empty houses.

That's because there are more houses than there are planets
, so inevitably every chart has several empty houses.
:smile:

However, even if the house is empty, that house nevertheless has a house ruler. The house ruler is responsible for the affairs of the house ruled. When the house is empty, then the affairs of the house are influenced by the house and sign location of its ruler

raqun

I have a similar chart. Empty houses don't mean that those parts of your life are. You have to look at the ruling planets for insight. For example: Your third house is empty, but your third houses ruling planet is Venus as it rules Taurus and Taurus is on the cusp of the third house. So you have to look at the aspects and position of Venus for insight on your third house. It's a little too much to grasp at first, i know.

About your lack of direction it is obvious from the first thing you see when you open your chart. Your ascendant is in Pisces and conjunct Jupiter in the twelfth house. It means that your endless wondering (Pisces) is constantly being expanded out of proportions (Jupiter) in the land of lack of purpose (12th House).

You need to force yourself to overcome this if you are to ever evolve something. There is potential for focus in your 8ght House/Scorpio and 10th House/Capricorn. Maybe you could try to use your communicative talents(mercury) for a job, art, etc you love or admire (Venus and Moon) and also use Pluto in it's own house to give you a nudge, because it can.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Awesome, thanks for the info Jupiter. :biggrin:
That's OK SouthernCross :smile:

'...The planets - their location in the sphere, and their interaction with each other - are the symbolic heart of astrology; all other considerations - houses, signs, fixed star alignments - are secondary considerations that take their place as supporters and moderators of planetary meanings.

Good astrology is reliant upon the ability to discriminate between standard textbook meanings and altered forms of expression; to recognize where the strength of one planet will override the contradictory influence of another....'

'….These factors are largely determined through assessing the level of 'dignity' that each planet has.

Familiarity with the process soon allows the astrologer to develop a fluent insight into how the planets are operating and where the fundamental focus of the chart is taking place.

Yet modern textbooks often fail to explain the importance of assessing dignity and many students are unfamiliar with Ptolemy's table of essential dignity. This article is designed to act as an introduction to its use and meaning, particularly in its ability to offer descriptive symbolism of direct value to predictive branches such as horary....' source:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dignities.html

The following table lists the Traditional Rulerships of the planets - Traditionally, beginning with Aries, notice that Mars has two natural 'domiciles' aka 'homes' Aries and Scorpio

Next, Taurus is the natural home aka domicile of Venus whose other home is Libra - and so on

dig_sm.gif

Wow very informative. Thank you Raqun, this is all so interesting. I only found out what my asc sign was the other week, so i'll be looking up Pisces to see what else i can find out. It's good to know that the empty house thing is ok. Thanks again for your interesting insight.

It's a bit confusing to start off with Jupiter. Alot of things I'm reading about with my chart do seem to contradict each other, But like you said it takes experience to rocognize the strengths of other planets. It's all so interesting, so i'll keep keeping on. Also thanks for the interesting links, i'll definitely be having a read.

Zarathu

Account Closed
It's a bit confusing to start off with Jupiter. Alot of things I'm reading about with my chart do seem to contradict each other, But like you said it takes experience to rocognize the strengths of other planets. It's all so interesting, so i'll keep keeping on. Also thanks for the interesting links, i'll definitely be having a read.

You need to find yourself a basic astrology textbook and learn a bit about astrology. There are many out there.

raqun

As Zarathu said, the most important thing (especialy) for you to do is learning the basics first or you will get false results and lose interest quickly.. This is not only true about astrology but everything one does in his/her life.

Everything generated by a computer will of course give confusing results as it will only list general assumptions on every detail. It's like getting a list of ingredients, but having no recipe and zero cooking experience.

I can suggest you start by reading about your sun, ascendant and moon. Next, from one or two people you know well, but no more or you will stay in that limbo. That should spark some interest. Then you have to begin learning the theory of elements/modes, planets, signs, houses and how they react with each other (aspects). Search this forum for some basics and book suggestions.

BR

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Direction in life is included as an association of the 10th H and therein we find Neptune/Moon in your chart: Neptune suggests diffusion, confusion, distraction, lack of focus, lack of clarity, occlusion, etc...at this point in your life, your direction in the future is elusive and uncertain. There is a hint that your destination has to do with things mystikal or spiritual in some way; you definitely have psychic powers to develop and need to learn to trust your intuition. You have enhanced sensitivity and receptivity to other people's feelings and are often attuned to what they are experiencing with great empathy and understanding; this can be difficult in the early years because it can be difficult to distinguish between your own feelings and those of others; there can be a tendency towards emotional swamping. Note also Uranus at the MC, adding unpredictability and being prone to sudden unexpected changes that can leave you feeling destabilized and insecure. Sagittarius ruling the 10th represents journeys of the mind, body and soul; a lifelong searching for meaning and truth, as well as higher understandings. Your allotted focus in life has to do with relationships; as such you need to consider the implications of the Moon, Mars and Venus in the chart and how they interact with each other. There can be difficulties or challenges there, since the energies of your Sun and Moon are in contrast [imbalanced]. That interaction says a lot about your past and early childhood, especially pertaining to the parents. As per the empty houses, remember that each is connected to it's opposite, by polarity, and energies in one are exchanged [reflected] back to the other.

Horus

Also I have always lacked a sence of direction.....I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Seems as if I have just been floating around, since as long as I can remember. It's not that I'm even disappointed in myself, or with my life..... Just seems that I should be doing more with it. Any help, advice or ideas concerning my chart would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think that others have pointed out the causes for your lack of direction and floating well enough, but there's a positive, flip-side to such placements too which can be actualized when you become aware and apply yourself consciously!

Your essential purpose is reflected by your Libra Sun and that's to bring harmony and balance to whatever you deem important -it's focused in the house of relationships, but will naturally be applied to everything else too.

Your MidHeaven (MC) is the cusp of the career house and concerns your worldly purpose. The basic theme of Sagittarius is expansion -from that of the mind and spirit to actually exploring the world. This doesn't mean that you need to travel (unless you feel called from within to do so) and I know one gal with a Sag. MC who isn't interested in that at all and she wishes to take classes and teach.

Uranus is the highest planet on the chart and right atop the MC so it suggests an occupation that is independent, different, unique, and perhaps innovative, inventive, intuitive or metaphysical in some way. Uranus is also the planet of astrology, so perhaps becoming an astrologer is an option. [I have Uranus on my Libra MC and I incorporated astrology into what I do.]

Your Moon-Neptune conjunction probably gives you some compassion, empathic and psychic sensitivity which are gifts that should be applied to a career in some way because these are in the 10th house. The Capricorn influence may wish to repress, control, or censor inner feelings and messages, but you can learn to trust those signals by going within, doing inner work like hypnosis and meditation more often.

The ruler of your MC is Jupiter which is in the 12th house of karma, subconscious mind and collective consciousness -a very psychic house, as well as a humanitarian house, but it is also conjunct your Ascendant so the worldly purpose of the MidHeaven can be carried out by tapping universal forces and accessing information about others psychically through the 12th, and through how you express yourself to others -which is your sensitive Pisces ASC.

Jupiter and Neptune are the traditional and modern co-rulers of Pisces so these are your chart rulers and very important and interlinked to this picture. Jupiter in the 12th is a very fortunate placement -a kind of "guardian angel" that typically saves one at the last minute or gets you out of sticky situations. But the 12th is also the Piscean house and most placements therein often cause some "blurriness" because they pick up everything like a radio receiver until you learn to focus and attune the mind, to clear the static and find your "station". Regular meditation and some time alone in solitude help one to do this, to gain or restore clarity.

So the Pisces, 12th house, and Neptune elements are (of course) all related, and point to a spiritual theme in your vocation. You could be a spiritual counselor who uses astrology and your inner senses specializing in relationship counseling -thus bringing the solar purpose back into the equation.

The South Node in Libra is the past-life marker and represents what is comfortable, but out-moded and stagnant. In Libra it usually represents a lifetime defined by relationship and may involve patterns of unheathy self-sacrificing behavior, dependence/ co-dependence, in the 8th house, possibly a reliance on someone else's resources, and ruled by Scorpion Venus its characterized further by control, manipulation, clinginess, obsession and/or jealousy. Any problematic "residue" from that life is solved by consciously pursuing the opposite node with some kind of self-developmental efforts.

So a third purpose in your chart is reflected by the North Lunar Node in Aries and applying to matters of the 2nd house, and this is a marker which tells you where your maximum soul growth and evolution lies. It would be helpful for you to develop positive Arian traits of healthy, psychological independence, self-confidence, and decisive action, and apply these to your values and self-worth. This is the house of money too so pursuit of financial independence and self-reliance could be part of it. The ruler of this node is your Mars so this purpose can also be carried out through Aquarian (humanitarian maybe?) approach to your goals and aspirations as well as involvement in groups, organizations and friendships in the 11th house.

Last edited:
Direction in life is included as an association of the 10th H and therein we find Neptune/Moon in your chart: Neptune suggests diffusion, confusion, distraction, lack of focus, lack of clarity, occlusion, etc...at this point in your life, your direction in the future is elusive and uncertain. There is a hint that your destination has to do with things mystikal or spiritual in some way; you definitely have psychic powers to develop and need to learn to trust your intuition. You have enhanced sensitivity and receptivity to other people's feelings and are often attuned to what they are experiencing with great empathy and understanding; this can be difficult in the early years because it can be difficult to distinguish between your own feelings and those of others; there can be a tendency towards emotional swamping. Note also Uranus at the MC, adding unpredictability and being prone to sudden unexpected changes that can leave you feeling destabilized and insecure. Sagittarius ruling the 10th represents journeys of the mind, body and soul; a lifelong searching for meaning and truth, as well as higher understandings. Your allotted focus in life has to do with relationships; as such you need to consider the implications of the Moon, Mars and Venus in the chart and how they interact with each other. There can be difficulties or challenges there, since the energies of your Sun and Moon are in contrast [imbalanced]. That interaction says a lot about your past and early childhood, especially pertaining to the parents. As per the empty houses, remember that each is connected to it's opposite, by polarity, and energies in one are exchanged [reflected] back to the other.
Kimbermoon! You hit the nail on the head there, It's true about tuning into other peoples emotions, If my partner is angry or upset....it's like I have to go along on the ride too. I did do some meditation today, just asking for some guidence and to detach myself from nasty emotional struggles, that I sometimes find myself clinging to. So with my sun and moon being unbalanced, has to do with my childhood? That's quite interesting, I can't say I had a 'normal' childhood, but my dad died when I was 14...I have the best mother in the world and would be lost without her. And uranus on the MC as you said with lots disruptions and unexpected situations being thrown my way. With the psychic powers.....sometimes I have strange dreams and keep them to myself only to have some aspect of that dream come true or very close to it anyway. Thank you so much for your reading Kimbermoon.

Wow Horus......very informative. The 12th house, I like that analogy about having to tune out that static and find my station, that rings true with me, always thinking, thinking, thinking, feeling....lol and no action! I did do some meditation this morning to ask for guidence and to detach myself from my emotions, that i sometimes feel like i'm drowning in. It did clear my head and heart, and I felt all the more better for it. So with developing more independence, self confidence and decisive action I will meditate on that from now and try and make it my mantra. Because I have spent alot of my life being dependant upon someone. I really have been in relationships for longer than I have been on my own. It's great to know that I do have what it takes to turn my life around, I do have the answers, I just need to start asking the right questions. Thank you so much Horus, your reading was very informative, and quite uplifting.

M

may28gemini

Your chart layout is very common amongst people born in the 80s. I've seen charts were only 3 houses in a row gets occupied and the other ones are empty.

There's nothing wrong with "empty" houses and it doesn't mean the meanings of those houses mean nothing to you... it's just the houses with planets in them have more of an active "emphasis" in your life.

Start by reading Bob Marks astrology lessons online. The lessons are pretty clear and easy for any beginner to grasp and you'll have fun studying your own chart.

JUPITERASC

Wow very informative. Thank you Raqun, this is all so interesting. I only found out what my asc sign was the other week, so i'll be looking up Pisces to see what else i can find out. It's good to know that the empty house thing is ok. Thanks again for your interesting insight.
Useful summary of First House Significations http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html :smile:
The 1st House in your chart indicates how you appear outwardly to others, both in the sense of your physical appearance, and how people see/describe you -- your character.

Horus

Wow Horus......very informative. The 12th house, I like that analogy about having to tune out that static and find my station, that rings true with me, always thinking, thinking, thinking, feeling....lol and no action! I did do some meditation this morning to ask for guidence and to detach myself from my emotions, that i sometimes feel like i'm drowning in. It did clear my head and heart, and I felt all the more better for it. So with developing more independence, self confidence and decisive action I will meditate on that from now and try and make it my mantra. Because I have spent alot of my life being dependant upon someone. I really have been in relationships for longer than I have been on my own. It's great to know that I do have what it takes to turn my life around, I do have the answers, I just need to start asking the right questions. Thank you so much Horus, your reading was very informative, and quite uplifting.

You're quite welcome! Yeah that "static" can also be other people's thoughts and feelings as your Moon-Neptune, Pisces ASC, and Jupiter in the 12th can pick all of that up empathically or even telepathically (in addition to any info from higher dimensions) and especially if you're in crowded places. Might be a good idea to put on an "astral suit" or erect "forcefields" (visualize a mesh of golden white light around you with the intention that nothing can come through it that is not of your core divine essence) before you go out, so no one's "stuff" latches on! I find that if I forget to do this, I can be in perfectly good mood with no reason to feel otherwise, go shopping and come home angry or sad for no apparent reason ---that is, other than someone else's loose astral energy sticking to my fields! :annoyed:

Yes, premeditate the decision and action; imagine, sense and feel yourself doing it, make it vivid and real. I find that this helps in actually executing it more easily, or in identifying the resistance to doing it, if there is any.

Your Part of Fortune is in Gemini in the 3rd House. This means happiness and success comes from communication, learning and teaching, and maybe siblings too. It's ruled by Mercury so Scorpio and the 8th house matters figure into it somehow as well -paranormally? BTW you get this Part in your chart at astrodienst by selecting it from the additional objects menu, where you can also choose some popular asteroids like Juno (goddess of marriage and fidelity) and your Vertex (fate or destiny marker).

I believe that you can be psychologically-independent and self-sufficient if you choose to be, and your gifts can be the way that this manifests -learn to have (Arian) confidence in those! Your Jupiter conjunct the ASC also probably makes you positive, faithful, and optimistic (much like a Sag. ASC) and that in itself can be a gift for whomever interacts with you, including clients! :smile:

Last edited:

Krewster

Before blaming a 9.x-ish degree loose Moon/Nept how about considering the up-to-15-ish x tighter aspects as accurate representation of the indicated behavior/experiences, such as:

-Moon septile Ven (1.14 orb);
-Sun, Mars and Nept in a septile series triangle; and
-Merc, Sat, Nept in a septile series triangle.

Finally, your chart's tightest personal-planet-participating aspect is Moon decile Sat (19 min) which, being approximately 27 x tighter than the Moon/Nept should be providing you with quite a bit of deliberateness/pensiveness (rather than spaceyness) at the day-to-day mood level; is that not the case?