The curse of Saturn in 8th

Leocorpicer

Hello. My Saturn is in my 8th house. As you may well know, this house rules joint finances, intimacy and sexuality. I've read that whichever house the Saturn is in our charts, it brings constrictions, problems and exclusive attention to that house. Does that mean my ability to share intimacy with my partner will be awkward? Will I suffer from sexual problems or inability? I already care a lot about my sexual performance and my ability to satisfy my future partners emotionally, and for that reason I am learning cooking and even getting masseur training! However, for some reason I already have deep fears about my sexual performance, probably caused by the Saturn in the 8th house (I am a male by the way).

A different approach to Saturn I've read is that it brings a need for mastery related to matters belonging to the house it's in. Is that why I am already so stressed out with being a satisfying partner in when it comes to sharing intimacy?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.72418.11820.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.72418.11820.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 70

MJ82

Hey, a few things about this, as someone with an 8th house stellium including saturn in the 8th:

Saturn in the 8th can be tricky, but it does NOT have to be a complete barrier to intimacy or sex, in fact it can mean that this area of life is where you learn how to be most responsible and mature, but not without inner work first to let go of the fears that come with this saturn placement.

As will all 8th house planets, the key is to transform them and to learn to "let go" (over the issues related to the house it is in or in life in general). It can be very hard with saturn here to feel comfortable in letting go enough to allow someone else to be close, but my longest relationship is 7 years, so it can happen. And once you overcome those fears, you will be stronger and will not take intimacy for granted, making it a much deeper and more meaningful experience in the long term :cool:

A last note is that two very extraordinary people (women in this case, who were famously known for whirlwind love affairs) had saturn in the 8th: Frida Kahlo and Edith Piaf, to give just two examples. Oh and a male example? John Coltrane. Serious stuff :wink: And Saturn is serious, and very real!

Here are a couple of articles you might find useful:

http://sasstrology.com/2011/05/real-sex-with-saturn-in-the-8th-house.html

http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturn-in-8th-house.html

Leocorpicer

Thanks a lot for your reply and the links. However, my Saturn is in Aquarius, and its interpretation is not offered in the first link.:sad:

I look forward to other replies.

MJ82

Thanks a lot for your reply and the links. However, my Saturn is in Aquarius, and its interpretation is not offered in the first link.:sad:

I look forward to other replies.

Those are just examples, my saturn is in libra and is not in the article either (which is a shame, I wish they'd written something on each sign) but it's the content of both articles which you may find useful to reflect on :whistling:

MJ82

Read up elsewhere on saturn in the 8th, and also on saturn in aquarius and you'll get a picture of how you can use the aqua influence to overcome the obstacles, though there may be other things in your chart that can help. Ultimately, it's a decision to let go, be vulnerable and then practice and slowly building up trust while letting your guard down. Only real life will teach you that, just have some faith in yourself!

aferventi

Hey,

I'm going through a saturn through the 8th transit right now, and as far as I'm concerned, this is where I like it the most. Just stop resisting, Saturn there can teach you incredible things. Who I was 2 years ago and who I am now, it's like, whoa, a whole new and improved me. Think of it as one of those ancient martial arts schools in the far east, well Saturn is just like one of those seemingly-old-and-decrepit man that keeps you wasting away carrying buckets of heavy stuff from nowhere to more mowhere until you figure out that even though you're a tough, fresh, able bodied new cadet, there is more than he can teach you than you'll ever be able to imagine. So give up what you think you have, the problems you think are there and ahem, techniques you think you know and let him teach you the real stuff. I wish I knew this when it was going through my 7th, 'cos then maybe those 2 years wouldn't have been such a mess. But now I do know, so, trust me, "those heavy buckets" of problems do have a purpose, and working actively on figuring it out is much quicker way to solve it that just passively pushing through the mud.

MJ82

Hey,

I'm going through a saturn through the 8th transit right now, and as far as I'm concerned, this is where I like it the most. Just stop resisting, Saturn there can teach you incredible things. Who I was 2 years ago and who I am now, it's like, whoa, a whole new and improved me. Think of it as one of those ancient martial arts schools in the far east, well Saturn is just like one of those seemingly-old-and-decrepit man that keeps you wasting away carrying buckets of heavy stuff from nowhere to more mowhere until you figure out that even though you're a tough, fresh, able bodied new cadet, there is more than he can teach you than you'll ever be able to imagine. So give up what you think you have, the problems you think are there and ahem, techniques you think you know and let him teach you the real stuff. I wish I knew this when it was going through my 7th, 'cos then maybe those 2 years wouldn't have been such a mess. But now I do know, so, trust me, "those heavy buckets" of problems do have a purpose, and working actively on figuring it out is much quicker way to solve it that just passively pushing through the mud.

Very well said!

Blackempress

Hello. My Saturn is in my 8th house. As you may well know, this house rules joint finances, intimacy and sexuality. I've read that whichever house the Saturn is in our charts, it brings constrictions, problems and exclusive attention to that house. Does that mean my ability to share intimacy with my partner will be awkward? Will I suffer from sexual problems or inability? I already care a lot about my sexual performance and my ability to satisfy my future partners emotionally, and for that reason I am learning cooking and even getting masseur training! However, for some reason I already have deep fears about my sexual performance, probably caused by the Saturn in the 8th house (I am a male by the way).

A different approach to Saturn I've read is that it brings a need for mastery related to matters belonging to the house it's in. Is that why I am already so stressed out with being a satisfying partner in when it comes to sharing intimacy?

I wouldn't label Saturn to be behind this totally. There is a strong need in you to have stability in your emotional/personal life that drives you. Sexual obsession DOES come from 8th because it actually restricts the area so creates a 'longing' for it. Anywhere Saturn touches it forces us to learn All the ways around leaving no stone unturned therefore we like to master it. In 8th even with Aquarius (it's dominant) it will tend to look for 'intensity' in partnerships & that is often sought through sex. Because Aquarius is a sign of friendship, you would wish for loyalty/deep relationships even with friends. Nothing is taken too casually.

For me I'd look at your pluto in 5th to create the Sexual obsession. Performance anxiety could be a trademark of 8th Saturn but the rest is Pluto in Scorpio in 5th. I've come across a few people who invest alot of time reading sexual material to improve their skills & please their partners. It's about intensity/transformation through romance & no relationship is taken superficially. There is a need to transcend the physical in all forms & merge to the highest level possible. Relationships with such people can be extreme & life-changing.

Moon Trine Saturn gives you stability to work through what is important to you which does comprise of your relationships so you attend to the details conscientiously.

The downside of Saturn in 8th is that the native rarely benefits from making business deals with others. (Joint Finances).
But on a good note it lends the native to become very much self-sufficient.

dr. farr

Saturn in the 28th degree of Aquarius is:
-in a pitted degree (which greatly reduces Saturn's influence either way, ie, positive and negative, and favors a medium mixed Saturn influence)
-in its rulership (which favors a "healthy" Saturn influence)
-in a Bright degree of Aquarius (which favors a benefic influence and reduces negative influences of the planet)
-rises before the Sun, which is benefic for the superior planets (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn)

..so, from my eclectic point of view, Saturn in this chart is certainly not much of negative factor...

retinoid

It depends on aspects as well. I have Saturn in Capricorn in the 8th directly opposed by exalted Jupiter and I am VERY introspective and go through many inner personal transformations. It could be due to the opposition of a strong Jupiter. Though I notice the challenges, Saturn allows success...it doesn't give. You will either transform or DIE MISERABLY with Saturn in the 8th...but you need to transform. That's why you're here. In some way you will change drastically or you will be utterly miserable.

dr. farr

Changes for the OP are coming up soon: the OP's Bhrigu Bindu point (midpoint between natal Moon and natal North Node), considered a very important point indicating changes in ones life when transited by the superior planets (according to the Nadi branch of Vedic astrology) falls in Scorpio, and Saturn will soon be transiting Scorpio (and thus activating the OP's BB point), so, changes are in the works! I think, from my understanding of THIS Saturn (the OP's Saturn) these changes will be of a + nature...

Inconjunct

I feel I should point out that the 8th houses association with sex is a relatively recent invention. Sex was previously attributed to the 5th house of pleasure, which seems way more appropriate to me than lumping it in with death!

dr. farr

True-however, both in Vedic astrology and oldtime Western astrology (eg, al-Biruni, 1058 AD) we find the 8th house given as affinitive to the sexual (reproductive) organs.

Rajarshi

There is one important comment about Saturn's placement in 8th from classical book on Vedic. Given below for all

[FONT=&quot]Extract from “Bhavartha Ratnakara”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Chapter 7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Health and longevity[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. If the lagna lord is associated with Jupiter, good longevity is indicated. Jupiter is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the karaka for fortune, children and body[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Saturn in association with the 8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th [/FONT][FONT=&quot]lord also confers long life. Saturn’s placement[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]in the 8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is also good for longevity.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]rajarshi
[/FONT]

Last edited:

d00dle

you have saturn in Aquarius. it is actually quite a powerful here because Saturn rules Aquarius :) Saturn in the 8th probably has more to do with your financial or resources. mars placement is more relevant regarding sex matter.

Inconjunct

True-however, both in Vedic astrology and oldtime Western astrology (eg, al-Biruni, 1058 AD) we find the 8th house given as affinitive to the sexual (reproductive) organs.

Ah but to attribute sex to the 8th is conflating and confusing object with action

8th may well indicate sexual organs, but the activity of sex belongs in the 5th in the same way as my car may belong in the 2nd but the journey I take to work in it belongs in the 3rd.

But I know you know all this better than I do, doc :happy:

(PS, I actually don't have a car)

Last edited:

MJ82

Ah but to attribute sex to the 8th is conflating and confusing object with action

8th may well indicate sexual organs, but the activity of sex belongs in the 5th in the same way as my car may belong in the 2nd but the journey I take to work in it belongs in the 3rd.

But I know you know all this better than I do, doc :happy:

Ooh the big 8th house/sex debate! I have to say (not to go too off topic) that while I see the 5th as relating to sex in the playful, romantic and recreational sense, I feel the 8th relates to deep sharing and intimacy, and to the kind of sex that is a transformational meeting of two souls, ego death and rebirth, among other things.

All I can say is that I have a stellium in the 8th (moon, mars, pallas, saturn and pluto) and jupiter and ceres in scorpio, and I have always had very strong desires. I don't really see where else I would get that from, my venus and mars do not make an aspect for instance.

But sex and intimate relationships to me often feel like life or death experiences, which may sound trite and exaggerated, but it really isn't for me. My attitude towards sex is not light at all and I think this is explained by my full 8th house. So I think there are many of us who are living examples of how the 8th does relate to sex, our attitudes and desires, but a very different kind of sex to that of the 5th.

Another indicator is - well, doesn't sex also tie into our shadow side (8th)...? :whistling: