South Node Help

Timmytwothumbs

The aspect in my chart is Sun Conj South Node 4°taurus 1st/2nd house cusp (technically 1st house). The problem I have is understanding this aspect. Anytime I try to research this it leaves me with more questions than answers. I know this aspect has to do with US versus OTHERS in relationships. But, I've always had great relationships and I mean GREAT. My intimate relationships have always been very healthy and if we part ways there are never bad feelings. I'm actually still friends with many of my ex partners. I've made many friends who consider me to be one of their Realest friends. I'm somebody that people can depend on. I make friends VERY easily and as a teenager it was rare that I didn't have a girlfriend. Some things that I've read about this aspect that seem true are the fact that I tend to attract the same partners, and in ALL of my intimate relationships my partner was missing a father/mother in their life. But, I have a great relationship with both of my parents. I would just like to add that I have forced healthy relationships on my parents because they didn't always offer the same to me. I've had both of my parents disown me in the past but I've fought for a relationship with them. In addition I tend to recognize people from my future. By this I mean when I meet certain people for the first time i recognize them and then they become a huge part of my life. All of my best friends and partners I have recognized at first sight. It's truly uncanny and unexplainable. But even though I maintain healthy relationships and I don't focus on my own ego too much I still feel very unfulfilled and empty sometimes. Which is what people usually feel when they aren't on the right path. Sometimes I feel like the nodes are just a load of BS. They don't actually exist they are just some mathematical point. Am I missing something?
I would love to understand this aspect better I feel like most of what I read on this aspect is not true at all for me. I don't struggle with relationships but I dont feel the balance or peace that comes with "conquering" your nodal axis. And it leaves me confused and angry. I guess what I'm saying is what I've read tells me that I've conquered my nodal axis but I don't see any benefits I don't feel fulfilled I feel like the opposite most of the time. If anyone out there has any advice or can shed an ounce of light on this subject for me it would be very much appreciated thank you. And happy holidays.

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

My SN is also in 1H. I relate to most of the information about it... but I think that the nodes house placement isn't all that matters, you should check aspects planets make to to any of them besides the moon and sun condition (since the nodes are the intersection of moon's orbit and the ecliptic). I tend to attract partners whose father was absent most of their lives same as you (most of them have mars-moon or Pluto-moon hard aspects or conjunctions, and a few of them sun-saturn hard aspects). Some of them also had negligent mothers, two of them were raised by their grandparents not by their mothers.

I have moon-mars and pluto-sun square and it seems those placements make me bond the most with those individuals... both of my parents were there but there were times my mother didn't care too much about me.

Maybe your Moon is nicely placed and that's why your relationships have been easier. Would you please attach your chart, just to understand why you have experienced your 1H SN so smoothly.

Best regards

Timmytwothumbs

My SN is also in 1H. I relate to most of the information about it... but I think that the nodes house placement isn't all that matters, you should check aspects planets make to to any of them besides the moon and sun condition (since the nodes are the intersection of moon's orbit and the ecliptic). I tend to attract partners whose father was absent most of their lives same as you (most of them have mars-moon or Pluto-moon hard aspects or conjunctions, and a few of them sun-saturn hard aspects). Some of them also had negligent mothers, two of them were raised by their grandparents not by their mothers.

I have moon-mars and pluto-sun square and it seems those placements make me bond the most with those individuals... both of my parents were there but there were times my mother didn't care too much about me.

Maybe your Moon is nicely placed and that's why your relationships have been easier. Would you please attach your chart, just to understand why you have experienced your 1H SN so smoothly.

Best regards

Yeah the Mars-Moon and Pluto-Moon aspects are common with my partners as well. Im on mobile so it's very difficult to attach a chart here. My birth data is April 25th, 1995 4:30 a.m. Honolulu, Hawaii. Thank you for your reply and confirming what Ive suspected the SN means in my chart. I find this aspect to be pretty difficult to understand.

katydid

The aspect in my chart is Sun Conj South Node 4°taurus 1st/2nd house cusp (technically 1st house). The problem I have is understanding this aspect. Anytime I try to research this it leaves me with more questions than answers. I know this aspect has to do with US versus OTHERS in relationships. But, I've always had great relationships and I mean GREAT. My intimate relationships have always been very healthy and if we part ways there are never bad feelings. I'm actually still friends with many of my ex partners. I've made many friends who consider me to be one of their Realest friends. I'm somebody that people can depend on. I make friends VERY easily and as a teenager it was rare that I didn't have a girlfriend. Some things that I've read about this aspect that seem true are the fact that I tend to attract the same partners, and in ALL of my intimate relationships my partner was missing a father/mother in their life. But, I have a great relationship with both of my parents. I would just like to add that I have forced healthy relationships on my parents because they didn't always offer the same to me. I've had both of my parents disown me in the past but I've fought for a relationship with them. In addition I tend to recognize people from my future. By this I mean when I meet certain people for the first time i recognize them and then they become a huge part of my life. All of my best friends and partners I have recognized at first sight. It's truly uncanny and unexplainable. But even though I maintain healthy relationships and I don't focus on my own ego too much I still feel very unfulfilled and empty sometimes. Which is what people usually feel when they aren't on the right path. Sometimes I feel like the nodes are just a load of BS. They don't actually exist they are just some mathematical point. Am I missing something?
I would love to understand this aspect better I feel like most of what I read on this aspect is not true at all for me. I don't struggle with relationships but I dont feel the balance or peace that comes with "conquering" your nodal axis. And it leaves me confused and angry. I guess what I'm saying is what I've read tells me that I've conquered my nodal axis but I don't see any benefits I don't feel fulfilled I feel like the opposite most of the time. If anyone out there has any advice or can shed an ounce of light on this subject for me it would be very much appreciated thank you. And happy holidays.

One of your comments triggered some ideas for me, about how your south node may be affecting your life. You said:

"But, I have a great relationship with both of my parents. I would just like to add that I have forced healthy relationships on my parents because they didn't always offer the same to me.I've had both of my parents disown me in the past but I've fought for a relationship with them..."

and

"All of my best friends and partners I have recognized at first sight. It's truly uncanny and unexplainable. But even though I maintain healthy relationships and I don't focus on my own ego too much I still feel very unfulfilled and empty sometimes."

Okay...all of the above sounds very South Nodish to me. allow me to explain...:joyful:

Many may disagree with this explanation, but my full 8th house and my Jupiter in the 12th makes me see things this way.

I believe that the South Node exposes the qualities you need to move beyond. And I believe it is that way partly because you have already had that relationship and that experience in past incarnations.

So you are being attracted in this life [the Sun] to experiences you already had [So Node] in the past. And that is described by you above. You already 'know' and recognise those people and experiences, and so you dive in, and then you have to take control and fix things, make it 'healthy' because you literally remember what went wrong and how to make it work this time.

But it takes a toll on you. You still feel empty and unfulfilled because this is old news, old business, being done over and over. :unsure:

Maybe you need to break free. The North Node in Scorpio is the hidden path which leads you into the unknown. Maybe, instead of always choosing the people who you know, and whom feel familiar.....:annoyed:....maybe choose the UNKNOWN next time? :ninja:

The South Node can suck the air out of the room. Having it next to the Sun can feel exhausting.

Maybe try and reach out to the North Node for awhile? It is energising and exciting in comparison. The North Node in Astrology is your soul's path forward.

Take a leap. :sideways:

Timmytwothumbs

One of your comments triggered some ideas for me, about how your south node may be affecting your life. You said:

"But, I have a great relationship with both of my parents. I would just like to add that I have forced healthy relationships on my parents because they didn't always offer the same to me.I've had both of my parents disown me in the past but I've fought for a relationship with them..."

and

"All of my best friends and partners I have recognized at first sight. It's truly uncanny and unexplainable. But even though I maintain healthy relationships and I don't focus on my own ego too much I still feel very unfulfilled and empty sometimes."

Okay...all of the above sounds very South Nodish to me. allow me to explain...:joyful:

Many may disagree with this explanation, but my full 8th house and my Jupiter in the 12th makes me see things this way.

I believe that the South Node exposes the qualities you need to move beyond. And I believe it is that way partly because you have already had that relationship and that experience in past incarnations.

So you are being attracted in this life [the Sun] to experiences you already had [So Node] in the past. And that is described by you above. You already 'know' and recognise those people and experiences, and so you dive in, and then you have to take control and fix things, make it 'healthy' because you literally remember what went wrong and how to make it work this time.

But it takes a toll on you. You still feel empty and unfulfilled because this is old news, old business, being done over and over. :unsure:

Maybe you need to break free. The North Node in Scorpio is the hidden path which leads you into the unknown. Maybe, instead of always choosing the people who you know, and whom feel familiar.....:annoyed:....maybe choose the UNKNOWN next time? :ninja:

The South Node can suck the air out of the room. Having it next to the Sun can feel exhausting.

Maybe try and reach out to the North Node for awhile? It is energising and exciting in comparison. The North Node in Astrology is your soul's path forward.

Take a leap. :sideways:

I understand what you are saying. I agree that it feels very South Nodish in the sense that I've already done this before. But what I fail to understand is that this is a 1st house SN. This would all make sense if it was a 7th house SN. You see what I mean? Because 1st house is the Self and 7th is the Other. But, I absolutely do focus on the Other and I have a great relationship with the Other. At the same time I do focus on improving myself sometimes to a fault and I do notice that if I only live for self improvement and self satisfaction I do feel quite empty all the same. So I've tried seeking a balance between the two. And still I don't feel that fulfillment. Idk, this nodal axis stuff always confuses me. Do you have any suggestions as to what my NN calling me to do? Uranus is also square my nodal axis. I've often wondered if this has something to do with it. Thank you for your reply and I appreciate any advice you may have in the subject.

katydid

So your North Node is @4Scorpio in the 7th, close to 8th cusp?

And nodes are being squared by Uranus? I'm assuming Uranus is natally in Aquarius in 11th?

And so now you are having Tr Uranus squaring itself and conjunct Sun and Nodal axis?:ninja:

Ok, I am thinking that you are too caught up in the 1st/7th, me/partner relationships. And the Universe is trying to get you to open up to the larger world?

Maybe discovering yourself by doing larger groups/networks, Community Organisations, Unions/Mentorships?

It would be stretching yourself more towards North Node in Scorpio/8th house to join one of the above type of associations at this time.

Non profit charitable associations, Professional organisations designed to help you move forward?

Going into the unknown territory, entering groups where you are tested, measured, relied upon may help you transcend and transform?

Kite

If you read it from a whole sign perspective, your nodal axis is 2-8. Since the Sun rules your 5th house, I would ask if you feel drained in the areas of romance, creative projects and other 5th house matters? Since your South Node is in Taurus I would also look at Venus as the ruler which you have conjunct your Ascendant. I think this is what is bringing in the past life relationships since Venus also rules your 7th house Libra. Since it's in the 2nd, how is your financial situation? With Uranus conjunct your South Node, have you seen your finances change (Uranus just recently turned direct so maybe nothing yet).

Attaching your Whole Sign Chart.

Attachments

• TimmyTwoThumbs.jpg
    TimmyTwoThumbs.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32

Timmytwothumbs

So your North Node is @4Scorpio in the 7th, close to 8th cusp?

And nodes are being squared by Uranus? I'm assuming Uranus is natally in Aquarius in 11th?

And so now you are having Tr Uranus squaring itself and conjunct Sun and Nodal axis?:ninja:

Ok, I am thinking that you are too caught up in the 1st/7th, me/partner relationships. And the Universe is trying to get you to open up to the larger world?

Maybe discovering yourself by doing larger groups/networks, Community Organisations, Unions/Mentorships?

It would be stretching yourself more towards North Node in Scorpio/8th house to join one of the above type of associations at this time.

Non profit charitable associations, Professional organisations designed to help you move forward?

Going into the unknown territory, entering groups where you are tested, measured, relied upon may help you transcend and transform?

Ahhh yes. It's funny you say that. Currently Uranus is Conj my sun. But also Trine my MC. MC being the career house. I just started a job working for the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. So there's the Union aspect your talking about. A big part of this job is being a part of your community in a beneficial way so recently I've begun volunteering more at my church and the local schools. So I definitely see how Uranus is calling me to be a bigger part of my community. This is also my highest paying job as of yet, Uranus is in my 11th house and Aquarius. 11th house is the house of earnings and friendships. I have also seen a huge increase in the amount of friendships I have over the past few months and people are making their way into my life daily. People from all walks of life. I've also recently joined a few online forums such as Reddit and I've really enjoyed being a part of these larger communities. These communities and being a part of my own community through work are the things that have brought the most joy into my life as of lately. I think I'm starting to understand this all alot better now. Thank you for your wise words and help with this aspect. It all makes more sense I'm surprised I didn't see it myself actually it's quite obvious.

Timmytwothumbs

If you read it from a whole sign perspective, your nodal axis is 2-8. Since the Sun rules your 5th house, I would ask if you feel drained in the areas of romance, creative projects and other 5th house matters? Since your South Node is in Taurus I would also look at Venus as the ruler which you have conjunct your Ascendant. I think this is what is bringing in the past life relationships since Venus also rules your 7th house Libra. Since it's in the 2nd, how is your financial situation? With Uranus conjunct your South Node, have you seen your finances change (Uranus just recently turned direct so maybe nothing yet).

Attaching your Whole Sign Chart.

Thank you for attaching the chart. Yes I have seen my finances change. But I'm not really seeing the effects yet because the job I have I just started in December and while it's my highest paying job so far in my life I haven't really started earning too much because the work I do is in construction and there is less construction going on in the winter months. Lately I've been taking classes to get my certifications on order so by the time the work starts happening I'm in a position to earn more. My job is through the Carpenters Union. I can't say that 5th house matters are draining. But I do have a child which is 5th house and while being a parent can be stressful some days. I really feel like one of my single biggest motivations for doing anything in life is my child. And there's nothing I want more than to spend time with him when I'm not busy. Also my relationship is pretty good. I feel like everyday we are just growing closer. We argue sometimes like normal people but I think overall it's all getting better. Financially things haven't been great throughout my life. I grew up kinda poor. Not dirt poor but compared to my cousins and other family members we were definitely the least fortunate ones. I myself haven't earned more than 35000 in a year which isn't much to live on after all is said and done. Probably the biggest stress in my life is finances and I've worked really hard to change that and while the part of Fortune is in my 2nd house and I know I won't always have to worry about finances it's still something that hasen't changed yet and I know it will change in the future especially with this new job so I'm really looking forward to not being stressed out about my finances soon. My parents are also making more money than they ever have and as a family we aren't so poor anymore. We've really come a long way since my childhood. Living in apartments in less desirable neighborhoods and being on food stamps and such. There were a few times in my childhood that times were really tough especially around 2009-10 when the recession hit. My mom lived in Southern California at the time and she made decent money in the Navy but compared to my friends I was always the poor one. A lot of people in my high school had millionaire parents. We were lucky to have lived there because without military housing it would've been impossible. Anyways, what I'm getting at is finances have never been good and they still aren't great but at least now there's some light at the end of the tunnel and I'm confident it won't always be an issue for me especially when Uranus crosses my part of Fortune in a few years. Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it.

katydid

Ahhh yes. It's funny you say that. Currently Uranus is Conj my sun. But also Trine my MC. MC being the career house. I just started a job working for the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. So there's the Union aspect your talking about. A big part of this job is being a part of your community in a beneficial way so recently I've begun volunteering more at my church and the local schools. So I definitely see how Uranus is calling me to be a bigger part of my community. This is also my highest paying job as of yet, Uranus is in my 11th house and Aquarius. 11th house is the house of earnings and friendships. I have also seen a huge increase in the amount of friendships I have over the past few months and people are making their way into my life daily. People from all walks of life. I've also recently joined a few online forums such as Reddit and I've really enjoyed being a part of these larger communities. These communities and being a part of my own community through work are the things that have brought the most joy into my life as of lately. I think I'm starting to understand this all alot better now. Thank you for your wise words and help with this aspect. It all makes more sense I'm surprised I didn't see it myself actually it's quite obvious.

Fantastic. Uranus works in wildly revolutionary ways. Opportunities popped up and you took them. Well done...:ninja: