question about North Nodes (Sagittarius in 5th house)

Hello,
I've been wondering about North/South Nodes a lot, the place where to go to continue developing. I seem to have mine in Sagittarius in the 5th house, and while I have an artistic/philosophical (in a sense) direction going on I don't feel I fully identify with the placement. I would say I am more hmmm for lack of a better word more gloomy than that? Extravagant perhaps but not exuberant at all, I live abroad but don't travel so much (in truth travelling feels more like running away). And I have an attention to detail that doesn't seem to fit there etc
Here are the aspects of my north node:

Sun Trine N Node 2°42'
Mercury Square N Node 0°01'
Venus Trine N Node 2°39'
Jupiter Sextile N Node 4°58'
Lilith Square N Node 4°09'

Basically I would like to learn more about the nodes in general,
if someone has a similar placement I would love to listen,

and any tip or interpretation would be deeply appreciated.
An interpretation that considers the whole chart,
Also any connection to MC or carrer in matters of interpretation would be very valuable, I feel it is where my question is at.

best wishes, thank you in advance!

Attachments

• graphic.php.jpg
    graphic.php.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 11.47.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 11.47.23.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I’m just a beginner but I would like to offer an interpretation along with the link. So it looks like Sun conjunct Venus is on your MC, opposing a Jupiter retrograde in Libra in the 4th.

The Sun and Venus together is a very feminine, artistic link, but it wants to be independent and in control of its own destiny, being in Aries. Perhaps escaping from a family or home, as seen by the opposition from Jupiter the 4th, that although a very good family, has some depression associated with it.

Jupiter is within range of fixed stars Diadem, showing dramatic ability and lots of personal charm and is well-bred. But it is much closer in range to the fixed star Vindiematrix, here is a copy of its description -

“9°56 Libra - Vindemiatrix: Falsity, folly, disgrace, stealing, widowhood, depression, witch-hunts, mysticism & the occult. Unfortunate; Saturn/ Mercury.”

So it appears your family or country of birth reminds you of some past life connection to being pursued for being a witch, or on a mundane level, you sought to live abroad to alleviate your depression.

For release, I would consider poetry and writing because your Sun and especially Venus is within range of the fixed star Alderamin, here is a description below -

“12°47 Aries - Alderamin: Gravity, sternness, judgement, severe trials, poetry, drama. Fortunate; Saturn/ Jupiter.”

So as you can see from the description, there are more indications of depression or hard times ahead, thoughts inside causing you pain, but it also gives a gift of poetry and again, drama.

With the Sun-Venus together being a creative aspect itself, I would utilize the creative aspect of the fixed stars too.

Also, having the North Node in the 5th house is about being creative, Sagittarius is an independent sign, so I can see a theme emerging that you need to break free from the past and find a creative outlet for your pain, and it doesn’t have to be all sunshine and rainbows but about expressing the symptoms of hardship and trials that you have going on in your psyche.

Last edited:
I’m just a beginner but I would like to offer an interpretation along with the link. So it looks like Sun conjunct Venus is on your MC, opposing a Jupiter retrograde in Libra in the 4th.

The Sun and Venus together is a very feminine, artistic link, but it wants to be independent and in control of its own destiny, being in Aries. Perhaps escaping from a family or home, as seen by the opposition from Jupiter the 4th, that although a very good family, has some depression associated with it.

Jupiter is within range of fixed stars Diadem, showing dramatic ability and lots of personal charm and is well-bred. But it is much closer in range to the fixed star Vindiematrix, here is a copy of its description -

“9°56 Libra - Vindemiatrix: Falsity, folly, disgrace, stealing, widowhood, depression, witch-hunts, mysticism & the occult. Unfortunate; Saturn/ Mercury.”

So it appears your family or country of birth reminds you of some past life connection to being pursued for being a witch, or on a mundane level, you sought to live abroad to alleviate your depression.

For release, I would consider poetry and writing because your Sun and especially Venus is within range of the fixed star Alderamin, here is a description below -

“12°47 Aries - Alderamin: Gravity, sternness, judgement, severe trials, poetry, drama. Fortunate; Saturn/ Jupiter.”

So as you can see from the description, there are more indications of depression or hard times ahead, thoughts inside causing you pain, but it also gives a gift of poetry and again, drama.

With the Sun-Venus together being a creative aspect itself, I would utilize the creative aspect of the fixed stars too.

Also, having the North Node in the 5th house is about being creative, Sagittarius is an independent sign, so I can see a theme emerging that you need to break free from the past and find a creative outlet for your pain, and it doesn’t have to be all sunshine and rainbows but about expressing the symptoms of hardship and trials that you have going on in your psyche.

aww thank you so much for the time spent interpreting!
I had never heard of the fixed stars so I had a lil bit time researching-trying to understand them.

on a fast note: somehow there are things that ring true, (even though maybe they are common things? )
I moved out of my parents house to study in a different city when I was 16, never came back (26 years old now), 4 years ago I moved to a new country to find a way out from a difficult economic situation, a difficult/abusive relationship and to start studying again. My partner came after me and it got dangerous and I needed to run away from the house with a backpack of belongings. (but for this kind of relationship I put my finger on ruler of 7th house on the 8th house)

Very unoften I go back to my country and yes family is a hard topic for me, even though they are lovely, they have their own difficulties.

I've been said that I have an easy time with poetic language and metric, and that I write and think in a very sensorial and imagetic way. It is a compliment I get often. This being said, I needed to send in a thesis/essayist writing very recently and I struggled immensely in thinking in a specific way, dissecting meanings and relating thoughts, so I wouldn't say I have an easy time with all sorts of language per se.

But I appreciate the suggestion of poetry and writing. (performance also seems to come back in my life in shy steps over and over again) And independence is surely enough a recurring topic.

ty :)

Ukpoohbear

Yeah I’m loving fixed stars at the moment. I think they are able to get more specific in terms of what is going on in an evolutionary, past-life perspective. Here is a handy link I used to look for specific fixed stars. Eventually I would like to know them off by heart and spot them without using the list, as well as having a deeper understanding of their nature, but the list will do for now.

https://www.astromcouncil.com/single-post/2017/07/30/List-of-Fixed-Stars-and-Degrees

If you notice in the description it says if the star is either fortunate or unfortunate, despite having both positive and negative descriptions in each. The Jupiter fixed star in your 4th house is negative, so there is more darkness or negativity involved compared to the more positive sun-Venus fixed star you have. That tells me that the more independent you are and focus on your creativity, the more in the right path you will be (not to mention being independent and creative is also associated with having NN 5th house Sagittarius).

I disagree it is common so would be applicable to everybody. If it sounds common it will be because of my beginners interpretation of it but the fixed stars make things more specific to the person because they rely on a small window of degrees. Not everybody feels the needs to run away and use creativity to heal themselves, a lot of people prefer to stay where they are because they have an inherent feeling of safety, whereas you are following a subconscious urge to escape a darkness.

Your family being lovely fits a Jupiter Libra in 4th hut having some difficulties can be seen by the fixed star and that Jupiter is retrograde also points to a past-life influence effecting the dynamic. It’s amazing you found yourself having to move again to escape another darkness in the form of your ex, that makes the pattern even more specific.

I definitely think you can express the darkness by creating something with darkness as a theme. You probably have feelings of being pursued because of a past life event following you into this life, so by expressing say a story in the theme of women being persecuted by witchcraft would be healing to your soul but it could be any theme, although probably will always have a theme of relationship thanks to Jupiter in Libra.

You have a clear way of writing, I can tell your writing capability because it’s enjoyable to read. I would be interested to read some of what you create because of the karmic associations that will be involved in it. I bet it will resonate with a lot of people because it will have a subconscious power to it.

The rest of the chart may have more fixed stars to them, I just concentrated on the sun-Venus and Jupiter opposition because it was associated with your MC. But using more fixed stars with deepen the interpretation and make it even more specific.

Harmelia

Hello,
I've been wondering about North/South Nodes a lot, the place where to go to continue developing. I seem to have mine in Sagittarius in the 5th house, and while I have an artistic/philosophical (in a sense) direction going on I don't feel I fully identify with the placement. I would say I am more hmmm for lack of a better word more gloomy than that? Extravagant perhaps but not exuberant at all, I live abroad but don't travel so much (in truth travelling feels more like running away). And I have an attention to detail that doesn't seem to fit there etc
Here are the aspects of my north node:

Sun Trine N Node 2°42'
Mercury Square N Node 0°01'
Venus Trine N Node 2°39'
Jupiter Sextile N Node 4°58'
Lilith Square N Node 4°09'

Basically I would like to learn more about the nodes in general,
if someone has a similar placement I would love to listen,

and any tip or interpretation would be deeply appreciated.
An interpretation that considers the whole chart,
Also any connection to MC or carrer in matters of interpretation would be very valuable, I feel it is where my question is at.

best wishes, thank you in advance!

I would like to erect your chart so I can comment. Would you mind posting your birth date, birth time, and birth city/country? If you want to keep these private, would you message me and I will keep them private.