All houses conjunct in synastry?

I'm new here. Moon in Capricorn. Don't mind the seriousness. :biggrin:

Has anyone ever experienced having all the houses conjunct in synastry?

Along with the moon in conjunction?

Its an experience I can't place into words.

I wanted to post a synatry chart however I'm finding it hard finding the rules about the charts posted from astro.com on this forum. If someone can just point me in the right direction; I can help myself.

Last edited:

Ixaee

Welcome Cappy moon! :wink:

I dont personally have any experience with this, but the rules on chart posting is mostly only to keep it simple... i.e. dont include every asteroid under the sun, lol

Astro.com charts are clear and simple by default so the basic synastry is perfect...

It sounds very interesting and Id love to see more discussion on this too!

( Just incase you arent familiar with posting; heres more info on that as well http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126 )

Do you need any help on how to run the chart from astro.com ?

Last edited:

Horus

I have experience with Moon conjunctions and Ascendants conjunct but that didn't make all of the other house cusps line up exactly (in Placidus houses) because she was born at a different latitude.

waybread

I am not sure what you mean--do you mean all of the planets conjunct? This can happen if two people are close to the same age and the houses would match up if they were very close in age and born around the same time.

There are different ways to attach a chart, but an easy one (for me) is:

1. Go to Astrodienst @ www.astro.com and construct your chart on their "free charts" pages.

2. Save the chart to your computer--right-click on it and "save as" should come up.

3. Then compose your message here. At the bottom, before you send it, click on "Go Advanced."

4. Scroll down the page, and click on "Manage attachments." This will open a new little window.

5. Click on "browse", which should get you into your computer and enable you to find your saved chart.

6. Click on the chart you want, then on "open."

7. Then click on "upload" in the upper right.

8. Give it a moment, then you should see a little icon with the title of your saved chart. It's ready to go as a thumbnail. People can click on it to get a full-size chart. (I've attached a chart to give you the idea.)

9, Then on the original page with your message on it, at the bottom, hit "submit reply."

Attachments

• barack_obama.jpg
    barack_obama.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 31
Thank you for the info Ixaee. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need to remember the signs of each planet! :whistling:

I have experience with Moon conjunctions and Ascendants conjunct but that didn't make all of the other house cusps line up exactly (in Placidus houses) because she was born at a different latitude.

Exactly. The synastry chart I attached. She was born a little over 1 degree north and 6 years earlier.

I am not sure what you mean--do you mean all of the planets conjunct? This can happen if two people are close to the same age and the houses would match up if they were very close in age and born around the same time.

I said "houses", as in Placidus houses. :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

From looking at the chart I posted on my first post, I see a square or maybe 2 or 3 and 2 oppositions.

Since I'm learning. Do the red lines mean "hard aspect" and blue lines mean "harmonious aspect" ?

Wouldn't it make more sense to make each color line for each aspect? or am I missing something?

How can I make a chart with the aspect grids?

If the houses represent our type communication, love, etc.. it would be beneficial to have them somewhat conjunct to our partners houses. It would make sense to say that there would be understanding with what our partner is saying and they would understand what we are saying. 99% of the time.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

waybread

Sorry, Consistency. I've been studying astrology for over 20 years, including a fair bit of synastry, with a shelf full of books on synastry; and I still don't get what you mean by "conjunct houses".

Do both people have the same rising sign or MC in the same degree? Theoretically, then, some kind of visual overlap with the houses is possible, but it is unlikely that the cusps would be conjunct in the Placidus system. The placement of house cusps is really important in astrology.

Would you care to try posting the chart/s? Detailed instructions are in my previous post.

In the Astrodienst system, blue lines indicate trines and sextiles. Red lines indicate squares and oppositions. They use other lines for quincunx, semi-square, sesqui-square, and semi-sextile aspects. You can sort out which is which by looking at the aspectarian.

You could make a chart by hand using the aspectarian (aspect grids) but to get the house cusps exact you would click on the additional tables feature.

Presumably you have correct birth times for both people. House cusps are meaningless without them.

Horus

From looking at the chart I posted on my first post, I see a square or maybe 2 or 3 and 2 oppositions.

Since I'm learning. Do the red lines mean "hard aspect" and blue lines mean "harmonious aspect" ?

Yes!

Wouldn't it make more sense to make each color line for each aspect? or am I missing something?

No! lol

How can I make a chart with the aspect grids?

There's an option to get a PDF of the aspects right after you make the biwheel. Click the link in upper left that says: "View the additional tables (PDF) "

Also when you make synastry biwheels, set the orb factor down to 65%. Enable Vertex and Juno (if romantic synastry) in additional objects menu.

Last edited:
No problem, waybread. I'm not undermining anyones intelligence. Here to learn. :smile:

What I mean by house conjunction is that the 2 peoples house placements are in the same signs within 8 degree orbs. Hence conjunction. Let me know if I misunderstood something because I see ascendant conjunct ascendant interpretations on the internet.

I've also noticed that on astro.com they point out that if a house placement is at the end of the house(cusp?) which would be 30 degrees if I understood right; its interpreted as the next house. ie. end of 7th house would be the 8th house. Is this always the case? What is an orb that is considered the end of the house? 28-30 degrees?

My understanding is that a conjunction is formed when 2 planets are in the same house/sign and the orb is within a 8 degrees. Obviously a closer orb would dictate the strength of the connection.

Can a conjunction happen if 2 planets are within the same sign and within lets say a 3 degree orb but not within the same house ?

What I meant by this was to have for example. Square=red, Opposition=orange, Conjunction=blue, etc... so as soon as I see each color on each line... I interpret each aspect right away. I feel like I need a protractor to measure the complex degrees! :lol:

Thank you for the information Horus. Very helpful. :smile:

Off to bed. Its late. :sleeping:

Last edited:

Horus

What I mean by house conjunction is that the 2 peoples house placements are in the same signs within 8 degree orbs. Hence conjunction.

In synastry, you want to keep orbs tight -- 3° or less for all interaspects. I might allow 1 or 2° more if luminaries are involved because they confer the greatest amount of energy.
I allow 5° for conjunctions. Anything outside of that is probably not valid so won't be felt or experienced, but this is why I suggested lowering the default orbs.

Now for individual natal charts, orbs can be a little bit higher so the orb factor at astro.com can be set to 85%. Major aspects can be up to 8° except sextiles at 4°. Some folks allow 6°.

I've also noticed that on astro.com they point out that if a house placement is at the end of the house(cusp?) which would be 30 degrees if I understood right; its interpreted as the next house. ie. end of 7th house would be the 8th house. Is this always the case? What is an orb that is considered the end of the house? 28-30 degrees?

This varies amongst astrologers. I give it 3° but the final check is with the person, do they feel the planet in one house or the other, or even possibly both?

Houses are of variable sizes in Placidus and Koch but signs are always 30° apart.

My understanding is that a conjunction is formed when 2 planets are in the same house/sign and the orb is within a 8 degrees. Obviously a closer orb would dictate the strength of the connection.

Can a conjunction happen if 2 planets are within the same sign and within lets say a 3 degree orb but not within the same house ?

Yes, if they are 3-5° apart and regardless of signs and houses they are conjunct. Same with planets on angles or lunar nodes. Angles are magnetic axis AC/DC, gravity axis MC/IC, electric axis Vertex/Anti-Vertex.

Angles (or nodes) in conjunctions should be kept tight 3° max, because they don't confer energy, just alignment information.

What I meant by this was to have for example. Square=red, Opposition=orange, Conjunction=blue, etc... so as soon as I see each color on each line... I interpret each aspect right away. I feel like I need a protractor to measure the complex degrees! :lol:

You'll learn to differentiate the meanings of the red and blue lines as you learn the aspects. A blue line between planets which is not in the same element is sextile or 60° apart. A blue line between planets in the same element is a trine or 120° apart.

Thank you for the information Horus. Very helpful. :smile:

Off to bed. Its late. :sleeping:

You're welcome, good night.

Last edited:

waybread

OK, the chart visuals really help. BTW, you can't insult my intelligence: I'll match my Ph. D. with yours, any day.

The two people were born close to the same time of day. This is how you get "conjunct" houses. The ascendant stays in one sign for two hours. But note that the cusp degrees of the two charts are not an exact match-up, and that the house widths are different in a Placidus house system.

If the rest of the chart looks good, then having the houses in approximately the same position is an asset, because both people experience similar events due to transits.

Having conjunct moons is a definite asset. The two people feel "at home" with one another on an emotional level.

North Americans generally like aspect lines drawn-in, although sometimes the chart gets too "busy" to read them effectively. However, more advanced astrologers often prefer to leave out the aspect lines altogether. They are a bit like training wheels on a child's bicycle. After a certain amount of practice, you know what to look for.