Eye Color and Aspects?

smilingsteph

I was wondering if certain aspects would maybe bring about certain eye colors?
I was reading that those with Uranus rising would have bright green eyes, or a unique color that may be piercing in nature.
Neptune rising, might be eyes that change colors.
Saturn rising, a deep dark color.

What are your takes?
Any aspect is welcome!

I have hazel eyes, sometimes green, sometimes brown, I have aqua rising.

athan

I have Scorpio rising and Uranus in 1rst House conjunct my Asc.
So I was born with deep brown eyes..but the last 9 years I go around with my blue contacts on....lol
my ex has never known the true color of my eyes...we were together for 2 years... lol

Last edited:

Effie

[ my ex has never known the true color of my eyes...we were together for 2 years... lol[/QUOTE]

How the heck is this possible? You were sleeping with your contacts on? You never went to the beach together?

athan

Yeap!!!
Contacts on while sleeping, bathing,eating, laughing, crying (that was the best because tears cleaned them a bit...:tongue:)
....when I had not them on I was with my eyes wide shut...making love!!! :love:

Last edited:

Frank

I was reading that those with Uranus rising would have bright green eyes, or a unique color that may be piercing in nature.
Neptune rising, might be eyes that change colors.
Saturn rising, a deep dark color.

What are your takes?
Any aspect is welcome!

I have hazel eyes, sometimes green, sometimes brown, I have aqua rising.

One major problem with this:

Genetics.

Black people in Africa, Chinese in China, etc - all different charts with a myriad of combinations. The overwhelming majority will have black or dark brown eyes.

gaer

One major problem with this:

Genetics.

Black people in Africa, Chinese in China, etc - all different charts with a myriad of combinations. The overwhelming majority will have black or dark brown eyes.
In fact, Frank, I don't believe black eyes actually exist. If they do, perhaps they are extremely rare. The darkest I've seen are a very dark brown.

I'm very skeptical of the idea that such physical characteristics can be read from a chart.

athan

I'm very skeptical of the idea that such physical characteristics can be read from a chart.

I think (...) I must agree on that!
Ascendant shows the physique in general....and planets in the 1rst House add something as a poignant characteristic...like piercing eyes for instance but as for the color of the eyes...well...if that has to do with genetics then what do we have to look in a chart? Moon and Pluto?

LionKing

I was going to mention that about race. Frank beat me to it. But yea... I have seen filipina ladies and some have eyes that are so dark they look black. And she was a Leo!!! Cute lady though!! I'm still good friends with her.
I'm a Leo with blue eyes. I'm a white dude though. V/r LionKing

lilllybelle

This technique could still be tested on caucasions. It could probally be tested on a dark eyed culture too. My boyfriend is from El Salvador. While I just see latinos as having mostly brown eyes, he sees a lot of variance in latinos' eye colors. For him, this person has really dark eyes, this person has hazel, this one coffee colored and this one very light. I would look at the same group of people and think they all have brown eyes, but he sees variations that I tend to overlook. I suppose if I had grown up seeing mostly brown eyes, I would notice the subtle variations in them too.

Last edited:

lilllybelle

But genetics is still going to take over. --2 blue eyed parents are rarely going to have a dark eyed child, even if the kid does have pluto in scorpio on the asc. :devil:

Oh for sure, I'm not going to argue that. The eyes could be a dark shade of blue though (I just said I wasn't going to argue that point,and then I did :whistling:). If we lived in a country full of blue eyed people, we would become very perceptive of all the different shades of blue there are. The definiton of dark would have a genetic limitation or ceiling imposed on it. If there is a way to predict eye color with the natal chart, I would expect that a scorpio asc. born of two blue eyed parents would have dark blue eyes.

In all honesty though, I think it would be a hard theory to validate. I mean we still haven't got the whole ascendent indicating your appearance down to a science yet, and we've been working on that one for at least 500 years or more. I'm open to the exploration of new ideas though. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that genetics wouldn't limit the study of the idea as much as it seems because there is a wide range of shades in one eye color alone.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

I wouldn't say that the sign on the Asc, or any aspects would have anything to do with the eye-colour. Let's leave that to the domain of Genetics.:) What I do associate with certain planets is the expression they might wear and bear: like an intense and focused look - Scorp:ninja:, or a far-away, dreamy, even somewhat lost expression coming from Pisces/ Neptune (perhaps even slightly watery eyes). Cancer would generally have a caring and slightly held-back, ever unsure expression perhaps (eyes could be watery) again. Air signs like Gemini, perhaps even Aqua might even give that playful look; Gem even flirtatious/naughty and keen, busy look, even like smiling & youthful expression:tongue:; or Aqua that distant and cool look :whistling:(like they are far away in their heads). Leo could give a warm, generous (perhaps even playful) and interested look, or even one with a touch of arrogance - like walking with the head held high; whilst Virgo may lend a sort of shy and sober look. Cap would be more that serious and self-confident look:pouty:, whilst Venus-ruled Taurus and Libra would give a more relaxed, calm and sweet, even interested espression:love:, but Taurus would have that serene look more in terms of down-to-earth plus grounded and sure-of-oneself (not the case with Libra). The Aries and Sag expression, I'd think of more as that eager one; with Aries more that ready-to-do something (fire in the eyes), whilst Sag would usually be more that optimistic one and slightly more cool (like Jup- seeing the bigger pic), if you know what I mean. I also think that the Moon plus planets aspecting the Asc/ in the first house are also important in this regard.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Yes, I think Acquarius 7000 made a valid & accurate assesment. I think the mood of the eyes could be shown in the natal chart.

smilingsteph

Okay so we go with genetics.

Then we can go with Aqa7000,
Good point here. You focused on the characteristics of the nature of the person and not the looks. I tend to agree with this too!

Lillybelle-
I too agree that we remain open here. I lived in an area where I was 10% of the population that was Caucasian. At first eye color seemed to be brown throughout. As I got to know the culture more, I noticed that there were really unique variations in "brown" eye color; flecks of gold, red, green.

One Question:
Does genetics then dispell the rising signs physical characteristics theory (I am not sure there is one, but some texts elude that there is something to it). That the rising sign has a strong pull on what the person will look like?
If we say that genetics totally rule over eye color (which they do), then what do we say about the rest of the face or body; that is related to genetics too.

Black eyes do not exist, btw.
But it would be interesting to see what the rising sign is of the person with black eyes? :smile:

katydid

One Question:
Does genetics then dispell the rising signs physical characteristics theory (I am not sure there is one, but some texts elude that there is something to it). That the rising sign has a strong pull on what the person will look like?
If we say that genetics totally rule over eye color (which they do), then what do we say about the rest of the face or body; that is related to genetics too.

I THINK lilybelle had a good line on this with her answer about eye color variation. Within the possible genetics, there would be the variation possible.
I know a couple with 3 kids. The parents and the 2 older kids are very long and lanky, and they have a lot of sag and cap in their charts. The 2 older kids are into competitive tennis, and the dads is a tennis pro. The younger daughter, has Taurus rising with taurus moon in the 1st, square jupiter /venus in Leo. And she has the sun in cancer in the 2nd. She is NOT tall and lanky.:wink: She is pretty, yet a bit 'square' and 'solid.' Genetically she looks like her grandfather, so it is in the genetic code, but it has been hard for her to feel like she fits in with her super model looking family. :sad:

gamzatti

I agree with that.In general I do think astrology works in many areas,wouldn't be so interested in it if I didn't.But when it comes to rising sign look alikes it's got to be down to genetics. As suggested there may be expressions or mannerisms,although most of that is genetic.
I know I'm nothing like my asc sag or sun aries or even capricorn moon in fact like no other sign descriptor. I have a book 'The round art of astrology' by A T Mann,and most of the descriptions in there are so ugly eg.10-15 degrees leo swarthy complxion,dark hair,large forehead,hanging eyebrows,black eyes,prominent cheekbones,distorted teeth,mark nr chin,consumptive appearance. Not much there is there and so it goes not many flatter.So best leave it to genetics folks we might come off a bit better.:lol:

AquaScorpio

I have brown eyes and definitely notice all of the various shades of brown, and I see lots of people with blue and green eyes. My particular eyes are a light reddish brown with a small hazel ring around them. I don't think the color has anything to do with my Aries rising (the reddish brown part is just a coincidence) however perhaps being an Aries rising is the reason my eyes are so bad. I'm actually legally blind =p I agree with everyone who says the "mood" of eyes comes through rather than the color, as I've been told I have a "determined" look and an intense stare, compliments of my moon, mars and pluto in Scorpio.

hermetic

I know a girl with Aqua rising who has dark blue-purplish eyes, definitely very unique color.
And one who has 1st house Pluto with very dark, almost black, penetrating eyes.

Vinyasa

Genetically she looks like her grandfather, so it is in the genetic code, but it has been hard for her to feel like she fits in with her super model looking family.
The genetic code runs into families, sometimes skipping a generation in the manifestation of physical characteristics, and so do the astrological affinities.

What I am trying to say here, is that genetic code does not have to contradict astrological affinities, but they may complement each other. In fact, I was thinking about opening a new thread in one of the next days, as soon as I would be ready with the families I am checking at the moment, exactly pointing into the astrological affinities within a family. Since admittedly there is genetic code, and since we most agree there are also astrological affinities between the members of the same family, why can't we say that there is also an "astrological code" and that these two "codes" complement each other and both lead into similarities at physical level? In other words, if both parents have Sun/Moon/Asc in fire earth combination and the child too, and no-one of the three has a planet close to the Asc to get a big impact on the physical characteristics, wouldn't these three people show an affinity in the physical characteristics or at least wouldn't the child somehow look similar to both?

Is the grandchild's natal chart in any way close to her grandfather's?