Lilith aspects to moon

QuaternityEagle

Hi again QEagle,

that's a deep question..

I feel since Lilith was not accepted and banned from paradise, perhaps in our charts she shows us those parts of ourselves that we/others cannot accept and therefore they get banned or hidden in a deeper place in our psyche, and so often become the cause of deep pain, until they can be understood and dealt with.

Hmmm... it is a deep question, with an equally deep response. why was she and therefore her influence "banned from paradise"? Isn't paradise a place we'd want to return to so why would want to incorporate lilith into our understanding of ourselves. isn't it leik good riddance to bad rubbish then? see that's why i feel like the lilith archetype is a cool one, but one i don't totally understand. i do know she was self-preserving, which is important to consider. thanks for the response.

Bina

Hmmm... it is a deep question, with an equally deep response. why was she and therefore her influence "banned from paradise"? Isn't paradise a place we'd want to return to so why would want to incorporate lilith into our understanding of ourselves. isn't it leik good riddance to bad rubbish then? see that's why i feel like the lilith archetype is a cool one, but one i don't totally understand. i do know she was self-preserving, which is important to consider. thanks for the response.

Perhaps by dealing with unaccepted/banned Lilith in the chart, the return to paradise - happiness will come, like integrating the unwanted/painful bits in our psyche to become whole.

Frisiangal

Lilith is just this archetype that usually is much mroe personal to us i say this because like, its a small little spot comparatively to the other planets and because we don't know much about Lilith... we have our stories but astrology looks at archetypes and the stories of lilith do not really explain her archetype because they are connected to other stories with archetypes that don't relate to the mythos/logos in astrology... I dunnoto me it just seems the major planets and their influence count for much more of what happens to us because of thingsoutside of us, and simply because of their presence in the universe. im not discounting lilith's influence, but archetypically, she usually speaks to some sort of like empowerment through protection or self-preservation...

This is exactly the difference to my way of thinking. The Moon through its feelings is REactive of nature towards everything going on around it that the planets produce as outer physical events. Yet observation shows that Black Moon called Lilith is inwardly active of nature. It can coincide with how one feels deep inside that can create an inner world through which one is guided.....positively or negatively speaking. BML in 12 can totally 'withdraw' into its inner world that then becomes the equivalent of outer reality....again positively or negatively. BML in Pisces has coincided with total disassociation from the physical world, especially when any harsh aspect from Uranus has brought about defragmentation rather than independence of the Spirit.

You might say, 'yeah....but that can be said of Neptune.' I would disagree because Neptune is a physical planet, thus bringing about REAL events that one prefers not to see and, consequently, disassociates from. BML can be associated to the power that springs from a world of self-created images. A Moon in Scorpio might actually produce a reaction that brings out 'the revenge of the woman scorned'; BML in the same sign could imagine 1000 ways to kill someone, yet would have to have 'outer access' through the door of an aspect to a physical planet to implement it.:devil::wink:

Bina wrote:
I feel since Lilith was not accepted and banned from paradise, perhaps in our charts she shows us those parts of ourselves that we/others cannot accept and therefore they get banned or hidden in a deeper place in our psyche, and so often become the cause of deep pain, until they can be understood and dealt with.

From 12+ years of studying BML I would say there is no 'perhaps' about it!
You seem to have grasped the elusive in BML.:smile:

Do you work with progressed positions and solar arc directions Bina?
Using mental calculation, solar arc BML is now directly opposing natal Moon, thus finding an opening towards outer expression through the Moon-Mercury opposition!

Your secondary progressed Sun is applying within orb to natal Jupiter in Gemini (inner knowledge learning?), thus completing its square aspect in the chart, and opening the trine to natal BML. Hopefully this can mean that inner experiences may occur through which any and all Self-denial will eventually admit 'the inner child', who did absolutely nothing wrong but was blamed for all that was not its fault, back into its fold. The Spirit will feel complete and Black Moon called Lilith WILL have returned home to the fold. Paradise lost can be found???
It took the total Solar Eclipse of 1999 conjunct my natal 12th house Jupiter square Sun to achieve the same over a 4 year period.
With Jupiter?......the best of good luck to you.:smile:

Bina

Do you work with progressed positions and solar arc directions Bina?
Using mental calculation, solar arc BML is now directly opposing natal Moon, thus finding an opening towards outer expression through the Moon-Mercury opposition!

Your secondary progressed Sun is applying within orb to natal Jupiter in Gemini (inner knowledge learning?), thus completing its square aspect in the chart, and opening the trine to natal BML. Hopefully this can mean that inner experiences may occur through which any and all Self-denial will eventually admit 'the inner child', who did absolutely nothing wrong but was blamed for all that was not its fault, back into its fold. The Spirit will feel complete and Black Moon called Lilith WILL have returned home to the fold. Paradise lost can be found???
It took the total Solar Eclipse of 1999 conjunct my natal 12th house Jupiter square Sun to achieve the same over a 4 year period.
With Jupiter?......the best of good luck to you.:smile:

I've not used solar arc directions before, so did not know about solar arc BML opposing my natal moon, thank you for pointing this out to me, it seems to fit the picture of the whole Lilith theme being revealed at this time.

I do work with secondary progressions and am aware of progressed Sun applying to my natal Jupiter, but the Orb seems still wide at the moment (3° 18'), do you think it is already beginning to have an influence? What orb do you use for secondary progressions?

What do you mean by "thus completing its square aspect in the chart"?, in my birthchart the sun is making a not so close (2°19' orb) semisquare to Jupiter, is it this aspect that you meant?

Anyway those are all technical points, i really appreciate your insights and understanding about Lilith, it's been greatly helping me understand the effect of Lilith in my chart and what is happening at the moment. Many thanks!!

P.S.: The coming new moon on 21st Feb -which will also be conjunct Neptune, Pallas and Chiron - will be closely conjunct my natal Lilith. I feel this new moon with all these transits may well trigger a new beginning for Lilith..

Last edited:

QuaternityEagle

This is exactly the difference to my way of thinking. The Moon through its feelings is REactive of nature towards everything going on around it that the planets produce as outer physical events. Yet observation shows that Black Moon called Lilith is inwardly active of nature. It can coincide with how one feels deep inside that can create an inner world through which one is guided.....positively or negatively speaking. BML in 12 can totally 'withdraw' into its inner world that then becomes the equivalent of outer reality....again positively or negatively. BML in Pisces has coincided with total disassociation from the physical world, especially when any harsh aspect from Uranus has brought about defragmentation rather than independence of the Spirit.

hm... well from what I wrote I don't see how we disagree? I'm not saying it doesn't have any influence... I was just questioning what kind. I also admit I don't know much about the archetype but it was just some of my thoughts.... I know I have heard that its reflective of our internal patterns of "escape." How are we disagreeing?

Last edited:

Frisiangal

hm... well from what I wrote I don't see how we disagree?

We weren't disagreeing.:smile: My coloured/bold type emphasis on your words was merely to expand on the 'difference' between outer world(planets) and inner world(BML) experiences. I tried to offer this in the Neptune and Scorpio examples.

It's my personal belief that Black Moon Lilith, although easy to point at as 'a consistent nagging feeling' that one can live with, is not easy to interpret until all causes are no longer placed under the traditional and/or outer planets. BML seems to reflect a natural trait rather than unnatural, too often but not always withheld, that seeks an outlet in its own right. How can you interpret that which does not physically exist but resides within as that longing to surface?

If I may offer a very simple personal example.
MEAN BML in Virgo conjunct Chiron-Ascendant is strongly aspected in my chart, including trines from the 9th house and a square from 6th house modern ruler Uranus-MC.
Many, many years ago I was reading a novel that took place in the middle ages. One of the characters was what would be described today as a herbalist but then as a witch! The author described how she collected plants and herbs and the medicine she made from them. A deep chord struck within me. A Natural manner of curing and healing the physical body. Years later I was led into astrology and then into one of its branches, health (9th house) astrology. Astrology's symbolism (Virgo trait?) is a manner to detect where, as well as how, physical orders may occur. My 9th house side is convinced that it works. The question is WHY? It requires an alternative way of thinking (Uranus?) in that we make and are responsible for our own dis-eases and dis-orders that can manifest into physical ailments (6th house).
Yet, how can (my)BML in Virgo physically prove that which is primarily non-existent at birth? Observation has shown that the associations of BML to manifestation of a physical disorder is more than one would deem average and normal for Virgo.
Hopefully the astrology of the future will provide a believeable rather than non-believeable answer?

Frisiangal

I do work with secondary progressions and am aware of progressed Sun applying to my natal Jupiter, but the Orb seems still wide at the moment (3° 18'), do you think it is already beginning to have an influence? What orb do you use for secondary progressions?

Hi again,
As the chart you supplied did not include the progressions I counted mentally, as per approx. 1 degree per year (12 +45+ =27*+Gemini). I use 1.30* max. orb. From your comment sec. progr. Sun appears to move less than 1* per year and is therefore still dealing with the square, after which it moves on to activate the out-of-sign trine from Jupiter to MEAN BML. I believe the latter works because, progressively, Jupiter can reach exactitude to BML within life expectation. From the ephemeris this would have actually occured during your very early teens. You may be able to remember events that coincided with it.

What do you mean by "thus completing its square aspect in the chart"?, in my birthchart the sun is making a not so close (2°19' orb) semisquare to Jupiter, is it this aspect that you meant?

Sec. progr. Sun has activated the natal Chiron-Saturn-Venus square Jupiter since it moved into the square orb to natal Chiron. It appears to be a long term project for you.:smile:

Bina

Hi again,
As the chart you supplied did not include the progressions I counted mentally, as per approx. 1 degree per year (12 +45+ =27*+Gemini). I use 1.30* max. orb. From your comment sec. progr. Sun appears to move less than 1* per year and is therefore still dealing with the square, after which it moves on to activate the out-of-sign trine from Jupiter to MEAN BML. I believe the latter works because, progressively, Jupiter can reach exactitude to BML within life expectation. From the ephemeris this would have actually occured during your very early teens. You may be able to remember events that coincided with it.

Sec. progr. Sun has activated the natal Chiron-Saturn-Venus square Jupiter since it moved into the square orb to natal Chiron. It appears to be a long term project for you.:smile:

Thank you for clarifying, yes, because i was born during the summer, sec. progr. sun is moving at less than 1° per year, it is now at 26°13 Gemini, so has moved 44° in my lifetime.
So it looks like another few years of these Lilith issues..

Last edited: