Eye Color and Aspects?

Prisma

Virgo may lend a sort of shy and sober look.
Cancer/Virgo Asc. Moon in Aquarius. Mercury semi-squares Asc.
But I have kind of an intense/mistery (I think) gaze: Pluto in the first, in Libra.

Eye color: light redish brown (they look lighter when I dye my hair in red-brown tones).
Maybe the redish is reflected also by the pluto in libra? or Mars in Aries in the 8th, inconjuct Asc? Or maybe just the Cancer or moon, who knows.

It occurs to me that we can put this to test: my baby has not yet has her definitive eye color (they look dark blueish for now. Her brother had them like that until his third/4th month, ended having eyes like mine-light redish brown. But I think hers are ligther...maybe will end up having her father's eyes?). The father has the center of the eye brown, with some green shades in the outside. With some shirt colors, sometimes they look kind of brown & olive green. BTW, father: Sag/libra asc, moon in libra in the first, along with Pluto in the first, Mercury in quintille with Asc.

My baby girl is an Aries/Cancer rising, the Moon is in the 12th, Sun in the 10th, conjuct Jupiter.
Aspect to Asc: Asc squared by Sun/Merc/Jupiter (in Aries) & Saturn (in Libra), Venus trine Asc & Moon, Venus in the 9th, in Piscis.

Care to guess?:tongue:

Attachments

• My girl Chart.jpg
    My girl Chart.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Ixaee

I have Neptune (and Venus) trine my Ascendant.

My eye color changes.. :happy: From green to blue and all shades in between, depending on my feelings/moods.

Katyusha

Hey , I have a Libra rising with Jupiter conj my ASC, but guess what?
One of my eyes is blue/green (depending on the light) and the other is half-blue and half-brown, I have heterochromia :D Interesting to know where does that come from.
When I was younger I didn't like my eyes because they weren't like everyone's elses, now I love them, because they're not :D

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 32
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 37

waybread

People--it's genetics!!!!! These are set at conception, not at birth. You might try a conception chart and see where it gets you, but probably not very far. As others have noted re: if someone has an ethnic background where everybody has dark eyes.

The simple explanation is that blue eyes are on a recessive gene. Brown eyes are on a dominant gene. You have to have two parents with the blue-eyed gene somewhere in their genealogy to produce a blue-eyed child. The parents of a blue-eyed child can both have brown eyes, provided they have blue-eyed genes somewhere in their ancestry. Apparently the full story is more complicated than that, with several genes involved in eye colour; but the point is that it is genetics.

The simple version:

Recall that we each have two versions of each gene, inherited (1) from Mom, and (2) from Dad.

Suppose that:

Grandma=entirely blue eyes background (Bl/Bl) from her parents. Grandpa=entirely brown eyes background (Br/Br) from his parents.)

Their child (Mother) will have brown eyes (the dominant gene) but she will carry a blue-eyes gene inherited from grandma. Her genetic makeup is thus: Br/bl.

Mother (Br/bl) has a child with Dad. Suppose he is also brown-eyed, but has Br/bl genes, as well.

The options for their child:

Br (from mom) /Bl (from dad) = brown eyes
Br (from mom) /Br (from dad) = brown eyes
Bl (from mom)/Br (from dad) = brown eyes
Bl (from mom)/Bl (from dad) = blue eyes

The child's chances of having blue eyes are thus 1/4. This is why, also, you wouldn't normally find a brown-eyed child from two blue-eyed parents.

Apparently eye colour genetics get a lot more complicated, what with green and hazel eyes, plut a lot of colour variation within the basic blue/brown division. In the course of human prehistory, according to genetic researchers, nobody on the planet had blue eyes until about 10,000 years ago, from an ancestor living near the Black Sea, and then the gene spread from there. But it spread only so far, based on what is known about prehistoric and historic population migrations. Not to pre-Columbian North and South America, for example.

See: www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=2
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...r-helped-turn-our-brown-eyes-blue-776170.html.

Last edited:

CanceareanLeo

In fact, Frank, I don't believe black eyes actually exist. If they do, perhaps they are extremely rare. The darkest I've seen are a very dark brown.

I'm very skeptical of the idea that such physical characteristics can be read from a chart.

Everyone tells me I have black eyes. But most Scorp Asc. have brightly colored eyes?

LonelyRed

Banned
People--it's genetics!!!!! These are set at conception, not at birth. You might try a conception chart and see where it gets you, but probably not very far. As others have noted re: if someone has an ethnic background where everybody has dark eyes.

This is exactly it.

dr. farr

In my understanding, the genetic chemistry sets the physical (organic) foundation and the energetic genetics (which is founded ultimately upon macrocosmic influences-what we call astrological influences) sets the functional trend: so the organic genetic processes (chemical) set the color of the eyes, but the functional trend of the eye (ie, the eye's dynamic operations in life), is set by the influence of the macrocsomic (astrological) influences upon the energetic field-most likely at the time of conception, but quite possibly at least somewhat modified at the first breathing of the individual after birth (ie, the natal horoscope)...

LonelyRed

Banned
In my understanding, the genetic chemistry sets the physical (organic) foundation and the energetic genetics (which is founded ultimately upon macrocosmic influences-what we call astrological influences) sets the functional trend: so the organic genetic processes (chemical) set the color of the eyes, but the functional trend of the eye (ie, the eye's dynamic operations in life), is set by the influence of the macrocsomic (astrological) influences upon the energetic field-most likely at the time of conception, but quite possibly at least somewhat modified at the first breathing of the individual after birth (ie, the natal horoscope)...

Well of course. But to equate "Aquarius Rising" with the color of someone's eyes, like blue for example, would make no sense given that people, from say, an African background, can be Aquarius Rising.

Moreover, the expression of eye color can change over the course of the lifetime, for any reason, Astrology or otherwise, but it doesn't explain the color of your eyes in terms of the genetically identified "brown," or "blue," and then the common exhibited others within those categories.

I myself have Neptune conjunct my Ascendant in Capricorn, and yes, my eyes look more like Mother's, who has a Pisces ASC, than my sister, who has Capricorn ASC as well, but without Neptune modifying it. So I do think Astrology can impact you how your eyes look, but I don't think you can say the ASC, or anything going on with the ASC is responsible for the color. At most it would be about the eyes aside from the color which is either brown, or blue, on the genetic level, adding in green, violet, gray or hazel, on the visual level.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes I fully agree-Aquarius rising could indicate functional (operational) trends of eye function, but not the chemistry (genetics) of the eye COLOR; as you might know, I do not accept "ascendant" determminations of what one looks like, to be generally valid-I think it could be any sign (or signs) which "took" (at the time of conception), in activating the chemical genetics creating what someone "looks like", not the natal ascendant or Sun sign, Moon sign, etc...but what someone IS like (dynamically, FUNCTIONALLY), yes, this I do fully accept, relative to the ascendant and other natal horoscopic considerations...

waybread

Right, Lonely Red!

Again, let's look at the human population. Over a billion people live in China, with Chinese or at least East Asian ancestry, back down the family trees, into time immemorial. How can these people possibly have anything but brown eyes? They may be darker or lighter brown, but there is no way they can have blue, green or grey eyes. Maybe a person's eyes can slightly change hues over the life course, but they are not going to make a genetic jump-shift.

A bunch of other things are probably genetically determined. The so-called "almond" shaped eyes of people from Asia (with the epicanthic fold). Your facial bone structure. Your eyebrows.

Relatives often told me I looked like my mother. Yet our rising signs are different.

What I think a rising sign can indicate are someone's habitual facial expressions, how they dress themselves and wear their hair, how they come across to other people, and the look in their eyes. On the other hand, some of these things are culturally influenced, as well. Hard to say how much the rising sign really can indicate.

MantisReligiosa

Everyone tells me I have black eyes. But most Scorp Asc. have brightly colored eyes?

Nope. Most Scorpio Risers have dark features, I think. At least, in theory, Pluto/Scorpio influences tend to give a tendency towards dark features-eyes, skin, hair. I know a girl with Pluto trine Asc and Cancer Rising who had dark hair, medium dark skin, and light yellow/green eyes.

Georgeous

i'm mexican american but blues eyes is very prevalent (more than brown) on my dad's side of the family so i could have had a chance, maybe a small chance like 1/4 since my gramps has blue but with a scorpio rising and pluto in scorpio conjunct my ascendant at 0 degrees i may not have had a chance of blue or green after all lol i have almost black eyes. apparently they're dark enough to get commented on and usually not nice comments. a grown man once told me "whoa! your eyes are so dark1 you shoudl wear contacts." :pinched:
basically i look like the poster child for the plutonian person. i have every characteristic described for a scorpio rising including dark penetrating eyes yuck...
and my son (sag rising) is half asian so no chance there! :biggrin:

Your eyes are lovely and i wonder if your a virgo. Most virgo that i know have them and are latin. It's a good thing. Consider yourself lucky, most have brown, blue or green but black are a rarity like black pearls which are very coveted and the most expensive. Just a thought.....

Rebel Uranian

The rising sign and aspects will influence eye color, but genetic trash will unfortunately still be noticeable as well. This sentence has a horoscope and it doesn't have eye color.