Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-23-2018, 03:20 PM
Momo101 Momo101 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8
Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Hi guys!

I have a Mars in Pisces and when I first got into astrology and read (several because I don't reading just one reference) the descriptions of Mars in Pisces I was always thrown off guard by the characteristics of the Mars. Pisces I know in general is a more of a go with the flow sign and waits for signs to act rather than outright act. So more often that not a Piscean Mars is considered very lazy and passive, not willing to act and always a pushover. They usually do what others make them do and not really bother acting.

Funny part is, anyone who knows me I'm always the one initiating things first and always doing things that I decide to do and encouraging others to do my projects/plans as well. Plus I'm far from lazy as well and can work till I drop on something I'm dedicated to. With my temper and sharp tongue that knows exactly what to say to others at the exact time, people rarely try and mess with me (I don't want to come across as a bragger but I scare people a lot too without meaning to but it could be the Scorpio and Pluto Rising). I'm also extremely active and work out alot and not sleep or dream away like a stereotypical Piscean Mars. But I do have a very tight square between my Mars and Pluto and I was wondering if that counteracts a lot of the laziness of a Piscean Mars. I also have a Mars-Jupiter conjunction so does that play a role as well? I've attached my birth chart for reference.

But I do feel the positive aspects of my Mars and am proud of the Piscean energy (it's my 4th dominant sign) because it does make me compassionate and understanding of other people to the point that I can feel another person's pain profoundly (I had to learn to make boundaries early on). I find people gravitate to me whenever they're feeling extremely lost and pained because I pick up on it and help them work through it. But I can be passive at times because sometimes its better to be passive to maintain peace rather than outright react.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyBirthChart.jpg (58.1 KB, 27 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-23-2018, 09:33 PM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Hi. Keep in mind though that just because Pisces is about going with the flow, it doesn't mean it can't take the initiative. Pisces brings an attunement to the needs of one's collectives - family, friendship groups, community, race, nation state, etc. - and so Mars here is primed to act on these needs.

Pisces, like all the water signs, is also quite seductive. So this placement could also help you to get others to follow your initiatives. The square from Pluto adds to the seductiveness, as does Scorpio rising.

Mars in Pisces square Pluto (the Jupiter conjunction is quite wide really) is about using one's individual potency to break through that which gets in the way of a true connection to source, and to inspire others to do the same. It instinctively acts to undermine the cultural boundaries which condition people to remain detached from source.

More than most, you have to learn that your personal will and energy does not belong to the you that you think you are, but to the you that you really are, which is life itself.

You have a strong preponderance of air, so you are unlikely to be a typical Pisces person generally speaking.

With the fixed signs of Scorpio and Aquarius emphasised, Venus in Capricorn and the Mars Pluto square, its no wonder you are able to stick at things.

The working out probably does have something to do with the Mars Pluto square, but the Chiron rising in Scorpio may also be relevant. Working out will be good for getting rid of the excess nervous energy generated by the air emphasis, as well as giving the Mars Pluto square something challenging to do. But try to be aware of any fear of powerlessness which may be motivating you to get physically fitter and stronger - that fear cannot be alleviated in this way.

Best wishes

Miquar
__________________
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
IleneK (05-24-2018), Momo101 (05-23-2018)
  #3  
Unread 05-23-2018, 09:57 PM
Momo101 Momo101 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
The working out probably does have something to do with the Mars Pluto square, but the Chiron rising in Scorpio may also be relevant. Working out will be good for getting rid of the excess nervous energy generated by the air emphasis, as well as giving the Mars Pluto square something challenging to do. But try to be aware of any fear of powerlessness which may be motivating you to get physically fitter and stronger - that fear cannot be alleviated in this way.

Miquar
Hi Miquar!

Thank so much for the insightful information, it really helped me because I had this question for years but I couldn't seem to find enough information about it through resources.

However I did have one question about my Chiron Rising, I wanted to ask how is that relevant like you mentioned? Is it associated with the early wounding (I was bullied a lot through elementary and middle school but it stopped in high school cause I think I became meaner to fend off bullies)?

Oh working out is a very personal thing, not to impress others :') But like you mentioned yes I work out to let off all the nervous energy that my air dominated chart causes (I really can't relax once I've worked out now it seems aha) and also the rage that I feel from my mars pluto square.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-23-2018, 10:22 PM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Hi. I wasn't thinking so much that you may try to impress others - more that a part of you feels disempowered, and working out could be a way of responding to that.

The rage that you mention is very likely to have something to do with Chiron rising in Scorpio as well as the Mars Pluto square. Chiron is where we can feel that life has not treated us fairly, and this can lead to resentment and rage. Scorpio brings a sense of being caught up in the drama of the larger life - an individual with feelings and yet also a pawn in a game over which ultimately we have no control. So you can see that Chiron and Scorpio have a lot in common. With Chiron in Scorpio on the ascendant, these issues will be very much 'in your face' in a general way, rather than being more confined to specific life areas.

Like everyone, you will find peace as you relinquish your sense of being a separate self, but I think that with these placements the need to do this is a little more pressing, because they heighten awareness of the lack of control we have over our lives.

Best wishes

Miquar
__________________
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
IleneK (05-24-2018), Momo101 (05-23-2018)
  #5  
Unread 05-24-2018, 12:35 AM
Momo101 Momo101 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Thank you so much for all that information! I never actually looked into Chiron too much but now it seems like it seems to affect my life a lot more than I realized (wow the more you know aha ). Since Chiron is rising and conjunct my Scorpio Rising would it make it very prominent in my chart and mean that Chiron themes (but Scorpio laden) would become prominent in my life?

Fun fact I'm actually studying to be a nurse and have been extremely passionate about mental health and underlying/hidden health conditions that people don't understand enough. In addition, people seem to gravitate towards me to share their pain/problems and have told me that talking to me/sorting them out with me have helped them alot more than I realized (but healing myself is still a work in progress aha but getting there). I always associated it with my Scorpio and/or Pluto Rising and Moon-Pluto opposition but now it seems like Chiron is a prominent member in my chart as well. So does that interest in medicine/health and healing also have to do with my Chiron Rising?

I do apologize for pestering you so much, maybe if you're tired of explaining things to me you could reference me to a possible source where I could do my own research without bothering you too much.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 05-24-2018, 01:09 PM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Hi. Yes you can expect Chiron (in Scorpio) themes to be prevalent in your life, though ascendant themes can be so close and all-pervading that we don't really register them has having anything to do with us - they can just seem to describe how life is. For you, life is about facing wounds of whatever kind and trying to heal them.

Its not surprising that you want to dig deep and really understand healing processes. You may feel very confined by conventional medicine, especially working as a nurse rather than a doctor. You may want to train in an alternative therapy - partly because its not in your nature to be restricted by convention, and partly because you would then be able to do your own 'detective work' when diagnosing and treating your clients.

I don't feel pestered by your questions - ask away - but as you say in your opening post on this thread, its good to look to more than one source. There is a fantastic book by Liz Greene which looks at Saturn and Chiron in depth. Its called Barriers and Boundaries. That would be my recommendation for further reading.

Best wishes

Miquar
__________________
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
IleneK (05-24-2018), Momo101 (05-24-2018)
  #7  
Unread 08-31-2018, 05:55 AM
cosmiccrystal cosmiccrystal is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

okay our charts are crazy similar.... i also have this exact aspect with pluto in sag, chiron in scorpio, venus retrograde in capricorn in the 3rd house, sun, mercury, jupiter, uranus, neptune in aquarius, asc node in virgo and saturn in aries as well. moon in taurus and libra rising. if you donít mind me asking, when were you born?!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Dlove2198 Dlove2198 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo101 View Post
Hi guys!

I have a Mars in Pisces and when I first got into astrology and read (several because I don't reading just one reference) the descriptions of Mars in Pisces I was always thrown off guard by the characteristics of the Mars. Pisces I know in general is a more of a go with the flow sign and waits for signs to act rather than outright act. So more often that not a Piscean Mars is considered very lazy and passive, not willing to act and always a pushover. They usually do what others make them do and not really bother acting.

Funny part is, anyone who knows me I'm always the one initiating things first and always doing things that I decide to do and encouraging others to do my projects/plans as well. Plus I'm far from lazy as well and can work till I drop on something I'm dedicated to. With my temper and sharp tongue that knows exactly what to say to others at the exact time, people rarely try and mess with me (I don't want to come across as a bragger but I scare people a lot too without meaning to but it could be the Scorpio and Pluto Rising). I'm also extremely active and work out alot and not sleep or dream away like a stereotypical Piscean Mars. But I do have a very tight square between my Mars and Pluto and I was wondering if that counteracts a lot of the laziness of a Piscean Mars. I also have a Mars-Jupiter conjunction so does that play a role as well? I've attached my birth chart for reference.

But I do feel the positive aspects of my Mars and am proud of the Piscean energy (it's my 4th dominant sign) because it does make me compassionate and understanding of other people to the point that I can feel another person's pain profoundly (I had to learn to make boundaries early on). I find people gravitate to me whenever they're feeling extremely lost and pained because I pick up on it and help them work through it. But I can be passive at times because sometimes its better to be passive to maintain peace rather than outright react.
We definitely need to link. I have Sun Aquarius, moon aries and ascendant cancer, with those same placements
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Harmelia's Avatar
Harmelia Harmelia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sedona, AZ
Posts: 395
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo101 View Post
Hi guys!

I have a Mars in Pisces and when I first got into astrology and read (several because I don't reading just one reference) the descriptions of Mars in Pisces I was always thrown off guard by the characteristics of the Mars. Pisces I know in general is a more of a go with the flow sign and waits for signs to act rather than outright act. So more often that not a Piscean Mars is considered very lazy and passive, not willing to act and always a pushover. They usually do what others make them do and not really bother acting.

Funny part is, anyone who knows me I'm always the one initiating things first and always doing things that I decide to do and encouraging others to do my projects/plans as well. Plus I'm far from lazy as well and can work till I drop on something I'm dedicated to. With my temper and sharp tongue that knows exactly what to say to others at the exact time, people rarely try and mess with me (I don't want to come across as a bragger but I scare people a lot too without meaning to but it could be the Scorpio and Pluto Rising). I'm also extremely active and work out alot and not sleep or dream away like a stereotypical Piscean Mars. But I do have a very tight square between my Mars and Pluto and I was wondering if that counteracts a lot of the laziness of a Piscean Mars. I also have a Mars-Jupiter conjunction so does that play a role as well? I've attached my birth chart for reference.

But I do feel the positive aspects of my Mars and am proud of the Piscean energy (it's my 4th dominant sign) because it does make me compassionate and understanding of other people to the point that I can feel another person's pain profoundly (I had to learn to make boundaries early on). I find people gravitate to me whenever they're feeling extremely lost and pained because I pick up on it and help them work through it. But I can be passive at times because sometimes its better to be passive to maintain peace rather than outright react.

Looking at your chart. Oh my, but I would think you are a restless person with all that Aquarius energy in the 3rd house! Moon in Gemini too - more restlessness. You're someone who needs to move physically - and that despite that Scorpio ASC reticence you probably have.

Pluto in the first house co-ascendant (Sag) could be an initiator. People with 1st house Pluto can come across as quite powerful and intense. Mars and Pluto ruler your ASC and the whole chart. That's POWER and DOING. I believe you initiate, as you say.

The Mars in Pisces is in the 4th house - your most private self. You would initiate here in matters of home, family and psychology. I bet you have a natural sense of psychological processes. Pisces itself doesn't wait or not wait. It's a quality. It can symbolize empathy, compassion, spirituality, or confusion, escapism, or creativity. Mars is a doer, so you will be enthused about your private life - what goes on inside of you.

You error on being too private, actually. That's my guess. Saturn in Aries in the 5th - you're independent and self-sufficient. Your Mars is conjunct your South Node of Moon - you could have been a warrior in your past life - and you lost your confidence somehow. This lifetime you are to heal that and bring your private self out into the social life a little more - or a lot more even. Your childhood could have not been so pleasant with Mars in 4th - an angry parent? Saturn in Aries.

Something to think about! My two cents . . .
__________________
I'm a western astrologer who reads by donation and gives classes on astrology, dream interpretation, meditation and mind-body healing. Sign up for my newsletter! My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-17-2020, 05:16 AM
flyyntk flyyntk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Mars in Pisces Square Pluto in Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo101 View Post
Hi guys!

I have a Mars in Pisces and when I first got into astrology and read (several because I don't reading just one reference) the descriptions of Mars in Pisces I was always thrown off guard by the characteristics of the Mars. Pisces I know in general is a more of a go with the flow sign and waits for signs to act rather than outright act. So more often that not a Piscean Mars is considered very lazy and passive, not willing to act and always a pushover. They usually do what others make them do and not really bother acting.

Funny part is, anyone who knows me I'm always the one initiating things first and always doing things that I decide to do and encouraging others to do my projects/plans as well. Plus I'm far from lazy as well and can work till I drop on something I'm dedicated to. With my temper and sharp tongue that knows exactly what to say to others at the exact time, people rarely try and mess with me (I don't want to come across as a bragger but I scare people a lot too without meaning to but it could be the Scorpio and Pluto Rising). I'm also extremely active and work out alot and not sleep or dream away like a stereotypical Piscean Mars. But I do have a very tight square between my Mars and Pluto and I was wondering if that counteracts a lot of the laziness of a Piscean Mars. I also have a Mars-Jupiter conjunction so does that play a role as well? I've attached my birth chart for reference.

But I do feel the positive aspects of my Mars and am proud of the Piscean energy (it's my 4th dominant sign) because it does make me compassionate and understanding of other people to the point that I can feel another person's pain profoundly (I had to learn to make boundaries early on). I find people gravitate to me whenever they're feeling extremely lost and pained because I pick up on it and help them work through it. But I can be passive at times because sometimes its better to be passive to maintain peace rather than outright react.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiccrystal View Post
okay our charts are crazy similar.... i also have this exact aspect with pluto in sag, chiron in scorpio, venus retrograde in capricorn in the 3rd house, sun, mercury, jupiter, uranus, neptune in aquarius, asc node in virgo and saturn in aries as well. moon in taurus and libra rising. if you donít mind me asking, when were you born?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlove2198 View Post
We definitely need to link. I have Sun Aquarius, moon aries and ascendant cancer, with those same placements
Okay holy cow LOL I'm gonna hop on this train and say I also have a very similar chart, OP looks like they were born within the week after me lol. The aquarius in me wants to chat w you all

also, I want to mention regarding your original question, having mars conjunct the south node makes the mars energy come more naturally, but we have to learn to not rely on it too much; still use martian gifts, but use them to learn the new lessons the north node holds.
For me mars conj s node would manifest kind of negatively in my life in that I can easily have my guard up too high in a very defensive way. when I was rly "unwell" I would have lots of paranoia and very violent thoughts, many fears about rape or violence. but also negative in the other direction, also daydreaming of kicking someone's *** in revenge and absolutely obliterating them (I have gotten a lot better since then thank god). Naturally just in the mars fight or flight mode. It's also the pluto square the nodes/mars that intensifies that and adds a whole nother dimension to the mars energy. Pluto is mars's higher octave. but for me, im sure my aries moon/rising and pluto in the 8th intensifies those mars energies as well.
In a more positive light, the mars/s node means there is an innate ability and pressure to keep moving forward. Same with the pluto square mars. If the mars in pisces is like water in a water balloon, and pluuto is a needle prick, the mars in pisces water will squirt out in a little stream as fast as possible and as soon as it gets the chance haha. It's an uncomfortable pressure but it is so powerrful when understood and embraced.
in the negative the square feels like a pressure cooker thats about to explode but never does, just builds more pressure infinitely(esp w the pisces energy).
lmao as i post this, there is aries mars square cap pluto transit , and it'll happen three times in 2020 bc of mars rx.

sorry I rambled a bit, I just love talking about astrology and never post on here haha. this thread was kinda dead but meh oh well

Attached Images
File Type: jpg natal chart.jpg (74.0 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mars, pisces, pluto, sagittarius, square

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.