Neptune opposite Ascendant and Venus - is this a plausible interpretation?

I have been steadily working through my tightest orb aspects and found that I have Neptune making some unfortunate aspects. Perhaps it's a mark of how far I have to go in my personal development but despite knowing this is my lot and I have no choice but to face it and work with it - I honestly hate Neptune with an intense passion :annoyed: I'd like to be corrected and to see the usefulness of Neptune but honestly it just seems to mess up whatever it touches.

My Neptune is in Capricorn in the 6th, Ascendant in Cancer and Venus in Cancer in the 1st. Both aspects have a 2'23 orb.

My understanding of this is that I may be delusional when it comes to work situations - perhaps poorly seeing enemies and friends and finding it difficult to evaluate my work life realistically. I may be prone to trying to help people in a work setting but ultimately be seen as officious, with people's impressions of me colouring how they treat me - badly.

Neptune in Capricorn, badly aspected in my chart apparently lends me to being deceitful, especially in the work environment. Since this is opposite my ascendant does this mean it will be sometimes visible to people, other times not?

As for Venus, does an opposition here imply laziness, self-indulgence and a tendency towards failure at work due to these qualities? Combined with the ascendant, my understanding is that I am lazy and self-indulgent as I am torn between what I want for myself and my work demands and that I may be prone to showing this in the work place, lying and being non-committal in order to indulge myself.

This is not good, I'm about to become a doctor so this really either needs to be a particularly pessimistic interpretation or I need to find some ways of being aware of it while tackling it intelligently. I know I have a number of other factors in my chart that show drive, ambition and hard work - like Saturn in 7th trine Sun in 11th and Mercury in 3rd trine Uranus in the 6th, Neptune in 6th sextile Uranus in the 6th.

How might I and factors in my chart mitigate all this?

Attachments

• CHART R.jpg
    CHART R.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Aspects R.jpg
    Aspects R.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 17
I've had a deeper think about this - perhaps the Neptune - Ascendant opposition may mean my choice in career does not conform with the personality I have and I find myself regularly pulling away from it as it demands deeply personal sacrifices from me. I have been told in the past I would be wasted as a doctor, being unable to focus on all the other more creative things I wanted to do. With Neptune in the 6th it is fitting I chose a working life of service to others - my cross to bear is keep choosing between my own mental and emotional wellbeing and the cause I believe in - to help others, care for, tend and mend.

Perhaps this aspect simply shows me that my choice in career creates a difficult work-life balance that I will never really adapt to, constantly swinging between tending to the self and tending to those absolutely demanding my time. Healthcare is often a thankless job and it is hard to find recognition and gratitude in it despite your efforts - as someone with a Venus in cancer in the 1st perhaps I need the emotional security of praise and gratitude but have chosen a profession where it is hard to come by!

I do feel like modern medicine and the state of the institutions we work in tends to suck away every bit of energy, time and creativity you may have. Doctors talk about it being deeply rewarding and it is - but perhaps I will find it somewhat less so than some given these aspects.

It's a lot but maybe this is a pertinent understanding :biggrin:

ashriia

Hi.

I have neptune in the 6th as well opposite venus. My venus however is in the 12th.

I wouldn't worry too much about being being seen as lazy, and overly indulgent. Your neptune is in capricorn, which will put seriousness into the way neptune manifests itself. Neptune in cap in the 6th, IMO i think is great for a doctor. Since that fulfills neptune's mission of helping others, but without the typical delusions of neptune, since saturn is involved.

Also, your Midheaven is in Aries. Mars=drive, and ruler of the chart is in scorpio - don't worry, no one is going to mistake you for a fluffy push over bunny.

Rather than looking at venus opposite neptune as something disagreeable, use it to your advantage. You can make others see whatever you want them to see in you. If you want people to see you as a respectable, competent person and you present that to them, that is exactly what you will be known for. I am sure you are, of course. But it helps to have an aspect like this when you need someone to believe in you, your word etc.
And that can be advantageous for working with the public.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of doctor are you studying to be?
Mars rules sharp objects but it's the first house opposite saturn, so I'm curious.

Thanks so much Ashriia! That's such an empowering way to look at Venus-Neptune, I will certainly look at it that way - perhaps its needing to be reminded that there is an opportunity to direct the energy in an opposition aspect toward whatever is most useful given different scenarios. It's great if it means I can direct it since I'll need to present different personas to different people I interact with (senior doctors, colleagues and patients with very different personalities and expectations).

Oh correct me if I'm wrong as I'm quite the newbie but I thought a chart ruler was the rising sign - my rising is in Cancer.

It's early days still but I'm considering something with a medical/surgical mix since it'll be most fun. Maybe dermatology if I can make it in. Haha sharp objects :lol: honestly I don't think I could be a full on surgeon. Their lives are so difficult - talk about married to your job! I'll get back to you in about 3 years' time when I have to chose whether I go surgical or medical :D