Job Options - How to Cast an Horary

The_Sundance_Kid

Hi guys - I've been offered two jobs - an extension of my existing one with room to develop further, and an offer of a job from my client. I'd like to cast an horary but am not sure of how an horary could distinguish between two job (the significators would be the same?) and I didn't want to cast a chart until I was clear what I was asking (because I'd probably have to recast).

What would the best way to ask which route to take? Should I cast different horaries for each role?

fensi88

The job that you have now is represent with 10th house ruler and the job from client, 2nd job, is represent with ruler of the next sign within 10th house.

tsmall

Premium Member
No. With whole sign houses you would use the significator of the 11th sign/house for the 2nd job.

Ilene, do you have a reference for this? It's a technique I'm not familiar with (not that I know everything.) I've used the triplicity rulers to signify two or more options, and just recently have read about using the Moon's next applications to evaluate choices (in the order listed in the question, the next planets that the Moon applies to, their condition, aspect and reception to judge suitability.)

IleneK

Premium Member
Ilene, do you have a reference for this? It's a technique I'm not familiar with (not that I know everything.) I've used the triplicity rulers to signify two or more options, and just recently have read about using the Moon's next applications to evaluate choices (in the order listed in the question, the next planets that the Moon applies to, their condition, aspect and reception to judge suitability.)

I don't have any knowledge of or references for the methodology discussed in this thread. I was only commenting narrowly on how to determine the next [11th] house after the 10th, if one was using whole sign houses.

tsmall

Premium Member
I don't have any knowledge of or references for the methodology discussed in this thread. I was only commenting narrowly on how to determine the next [11th] house after the 10th, if one was using whole sign houses.

Apologies, I completely misunderstood. :pinched:

Marinka

I suggest that you define mentally what you would expect from each position and then look at what you need/want. Also, are you looking for more money, better status, closer to home, advancement opportunities ... there are many factors that go into determining what may work out better at a particular stage of life or as you move into another stage of life and it is not necessarily what most people would think.

At that point, you can work on a question ... simpler is better.

The_Sundance_Kid

Marinka - I'm looking for advancement opportunities (assuming this will bring in more money too) in my current stage. And learning opportunities.

Hi T-Small / Ilene - given the above, would I use the 11th house for the new job in a whole house scenario, the moon's second applying aspect or the triplicity ruler?

The complication is that the job I currently have could be done in either London or Singapore so I can still pick which one. Which means I actually have three choices.

I guess I should also think about where the best location for a relationship / putting down roots would be, but I assume that would be a different horary for another time.

Marinka

Marinka - I'm looking for advancement opportunities (assuming this will bring in more money too) in my current stage. And learning opportunities.

The complication is that the job I currently have could be done in either London or Singapore so I can still pick which one. Which means I actually have three choices.

I guess I should also think about where the best location for a relationship / putting down roots would be, but I assume that would be a different horary for another time.

IMO, I would set this up as an horary for the current job and be specific asking whether you will get to a position that you want within a specified period (date). You would be looking at the 10th and 1st houses and moon events. Should be very simple to interpret. If you don't like the results with the current job, you can set up a similar horary for the other potential job in a few days ....