north node opposing ascendant

Phoenix Venus

I just love that interp by Jung as it really hits the nail on the head... or pins it on the donkey.... heh heh.... just some nerdy astro hunor as the sn is called "dragons tail" and nn is dragons head.

Heh, yeah i totally understand why you would be hesitant to embrace that sun symbol. However, there is another way to look at it and that would be the war of light and dark. That would be the good war and honey,as long as you are on the right side you won't be fighting with swords.... Always remember that if you apply it towards love and light and truth, aggression will get things done.... (it seems like you utilize that trait in a healthy manner...)

You asked about the interplay between our charts and its interesting that you have your sun symbol with the keyword "aggression" as my part of imprisonment (that represents that quality we are imprisoned from in some way..) is "a pugilist enters the ring. the release of social aggression".... its funny because consiously or subconsciously i have sought that out in others. (So its no surprise there is a mars conj in our charts as mars is about aggression.... i have mars-nep square too btw... as troubling as it can be it drives us towards creative and metaphysical pursuits... for instance i do reiki which is energetic healing with the hands.

here are some other connections between our charts:

My nn @ 2.44 aries conjunct your chiron @ 2.26 aries
Your mc @ 6.22 gemini sextile my Mc @ 6.24 leo
Your ic @ 6.22 sag conjunct my pallas @ 6.01 sag
Your sun @ 4.10 cap conjunct my neptune @ 5.23 cap..

my oh my! Quite a bit of close conjunctions between our charts...I'm particularly interested atm in the nn-chiron conjunction.... the symbol for that degree is "a cameo profile of a man suggesting the shape of his country."

...and at some point we'll have to look into some of your arabic parts.... as those are truly the "bread and butter" of the chart, imho....

I was planning on covering the topic of my as-dc axis tonight but... I'm aweful tired... i will get to that (as well as your pm) tomorrow... and post my chart too.....

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Okay... on to the topic of the as-dc axis of mine.

As your sat-jup opposition has a one degree orb, the dc symbol is different.... but maybe with some contemplation we can come to a greater understanding of both, anyways.

So here is the symbol for my ac which represents who i am:

(Ibid)
"A DELICATE BOTTLE OF PERFUME LIES BROKEN, RELEASING ITS FRAGRANCE.

KEYNOTE: The accidental nature of opportunities that impel one to break away from a past, the remembrance of which is still poignant and cherished."

i will say that the moment i read this symbol it humped at me and i *knew* it was me. (I will also point out that my part of destiny is sag 13 the symbol is "A widows past brought to light"

....so this symbol is all about letting go of the past and always looking forward. Rudhyar was very *in tune* and this his summation of the symbols often hold clues,little synchronicities and meanings that run at an underlying current.... so imagine how fitting it is that he used the term "accidental nature" and how it might apply to my psyche... and a sense of things happening beyond my control often times, and being remarkable secure with that....

And my dc which represents who i am becoming in this lifetime:

"AN ELECTRICAL STORM.

KEYNOTE: The cosmic power able to transform all the implications of natural existence."

So you see the symbolism. of this axis progresses from one that is transformed.... to one who does the transforming!

So how does this relate to your jupiter-saturn axis? Your saturn is the next degree of taurus which is"NATURAL STEPS LEAD TO A LAWN OF CLOVER IN BLOOM."

Rudhyar even decides to help us out by describing it like this:

"Having been "activated" by electrical energy, the pure water of the mountain stream is able to fertilize the soil which covers itself with small blossoms. "Clover" however, is normally a symbol of the Triad ("Trinity"), and thus of the ften-mentioned "three natures" in man. To reach the Flowering garden of mind, the consciousness must proceed by steps. Effort is needed. What is reached is a flowering display of the simple, quite humble kind, yet bees are fter it for honey. There is sweetness and energy latent in the blossoms." (Emphasis mine)

(Note that taurus 1 is "a clear mountain stream")

So the polarity in your case goes from being transformed to a "flowering garden" ... mental expression of creativity... remember that the trinity is expressed through creation... (the mother + the father = the offspring)....

So having saturn here would represent Crafting creation.... rules and boundaries as applied to mental flowering of the mind... no wonder you are a wordsmith....

Last edited:

issajakes

So i woke from a dream this morning in which i had fallen in love with a friend from highschool unexpectedly and although i was pretty sure she was in love with me too the dream ended with her contemplating ending our relationship. i somehow continued to believe there was a chance and woke with the half-dream thought that it was my Jupiter in opposition to something that was (temporarily?) occluding this love.

I have Jupiter in aspect to several things but in opposition to only Saturn.

So here's this axis again which we almost share. In my situation does the axis progress from Jupiter to Saturn as with your ac/dc or is it more in both directions at the same time? Before you showed me the Sabian symbols, much of my deeper understanding of astrology has been through Liz Greene (as you can tell). I have been trying to understand that my Saturn in Taurus has to do with being challenged to a profound sense of value(worth) in the venue of the 9th house (Ms. Greene says to read planets in a sign in the end of a house in the next house and this does deeply resonate with me). 9th house having to with Faith. So this seems to strengthen the opposition, is that correct. I am being challenged to have faith in my inherent value (worthiness).

endeavoring....

My Jupiter resonates with the loss of my nuclear family (which i remember as particularly sweet in the first 3-4 years, yep, i have very strong memories that far back) to divorce. This definitely precipitated a whole new universe for me having to do with my loss of faith in the contracts of family and what could actually be depended on.

My Saturn seems to represent my 'conscious proceeding by steps' from that time. "It is a stage at which one should seek with diligence and determination, but in humility and faith, to reach NATURAL FULFILLMENT." I am reading NATURAL FULFILLMENT as a profound sense of Value/Worth, the flowering mind that although humble offers it's sweetness and latent energy to the bees. This maybe is the progression from an ethnic/local sense of value to a more universal one?

Your interpretation of your ac/dc as Transformed to Transformer totally resonates with me as many times i have dreamt of a female 'transformer' while i am the one she is acting upon (not necessarily painlessly or with out fear/awe but always with a profound sense of joy). I have thought these dreams to be telling me that i need to Be the Transformer as well but i'm wondering now if it is not my role more to be the receptacle of that inner electricity (in synchronicity with yours) so as to become that fecund field of clover~ metaphor for? Ah yes, the trinity, crafting creation as you say, and any ego resistance in the form of holding on to old losses or stubbornly denying my own faith is necessarily thwarted and actually occludes me embracing who/what i am?! Saturn demands that i create. Jupiter along the same access demands that i let go of the old and have faith in the new which is not local but universal. I believe that you are helping to transform me Phoenix.

oi vey!