What will the Solar Eclipse the day before my birthday bring

LovelyNomad7

The Solar Eclipse is the day before my birthday. I'm wondering what should I expect? I have my Sun, Mars, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_02_ana_s_20121113.67854.51289solareclipse.jpg
    astro_24gw_02_ana_s_20121113.67854.51289solareclipse.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 17

JUPITERASC

The Solar Eclipse is the day before my birthday. I'm wondering what should I expect? I have my Sun, Mars, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th.
Eclipses have a reputation of bringing unexpected/unusual events!

Eclipses occur in regular cycles LovelyNomad and in fact there WAS a solar eclipse at 21 Scorpio ON YOUR BIRTHDAY one year - that was 13 November 1993 BUT you were just four years old at the time, so do ask your parents/family if anything unusual or unexpected happened that they may recall :smile:

silviam

In November 1993 Saturn was also transiting Scorpio. I have a stellium in Scorptio, which included the Sun at 25 so I'm also affected by the eclipse. For me there shouldn't be any surprise in store (well, at least this is what I think!), but on the 11/11 I'm relocating to another city to be nearer my partner - I've been dreaming to move for a long time, but now that's happening it feels very upsetting and uprooting.

I find it very useful to follow this rule:
Solar eclipses: the future obscure the past; Lunar eclipses: the past obscure the present.

Ana, what's your relationship status at the moment? Perhaps there could be a new relationship around the corner, stable (Saturn transit your Mars and sextile your Venus) - or with an older person, combined with the eclipse in the 8th (could be a very passionate encounter??)

Best of luck and keep us posted! :scorpioimg:

Eclipses have a reputation of bringing unexpected/unusual events!

Eclipses occur in regular cycles LovelyNomad and in fact there WAS a solar eclipse at 21 Scorpio ON YOUR BIRTHDAY one year - that was 13 November 1993 BUT you were just four years old at the time, so do ask your parents/family if anything unusual or unexpected happened that they may recall :smile:

LovelyNomad7

I feel like there may be more to it than you think. Perhaps the move isn't the surprise? Just a thought. I can understand why you're feeling upset, I've been feeling the same way about life lately. Meditating really helps.

That's great to know! I'm currently single and not dating anyone. Although, I do want to start dating again. Interesting, I've actually been wanting to date someone older for a change. Most recently I've dated people my own age and that hasn't worked out very well.

Thank you :) Best wishes to you too! Let me know how your move turns out.

JUPITERASC

In November 1993 Saturn was also transiting Scorpio. I have a stellium in Scorptio, which included the Sun at 25 so I'm also affected by the eclipse. For me there shouldn't be any surprise in store (well, at least this is what I think!), but on the 11/11 I'm relocating to another city to be nearer my partner - I've been dreaming to move for a long time, but now that's happening it feels very upsetting and uprooting...
For those who are affected by them, Eclipses auger change - sometimes that change is surprising in some way although as LovelyNomad7 says perhaps the surprise is in the future! Remember as well that there are many kinds of surprises, some of which are more welcome than others! :smile:
I feel like there may be more to it than you think. Perhaps the move isn't the surprise? Just a thought. I can understand why you're feeling upset, I've been feeling the same way about life lately. Meditating really helps. .
....I thought it a good idea to begin a separate thread for a discussion regarding the various astrological opinions regarding how long eclipses are in effect.

Amongst those who study Eclipses from an astrological perspective, it is common knowledge from ancient sources that an eclipse life span is based upon the length of time that the light from the Sun is temporarily blocked during a Solar Eclipse OR when a shadow is cast upon the Moon during a Lunar eclipse.

The following is a link to Nasa's Fred Espanek's astronomical data which is gathered from numerous eclipses : http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OHfigures/OH2012-Fig01.pdf

On these detailed data pages we find important information regarding
Eclipse “shadow periods” and learn that these can last for up to four hours and longer

As an example, the following are details on the Annular Solar Eclipse of 20 May 2012

External/Internal
Contacts of Umbra

U1 = 22:06:16.9 UT

U2 = 22:11:46.7 UT
U3 = 01:33:42.6 UT
U4 = 01:39:10.9 UT

The eclipse first contact commences at 22:06:16.9 UT (Universal Time) and ends at 01:39:10.9 UT (Universal Time).

Thus we note the duration of the entire Eclipse (and not just 'totality') of the 20 May 2012 has a “shadow period” of approximately 3 hours 33 minutes and therefore has the potential of showing its effects for approximately the following three and a half years

That's because, according to ancient sources, the number of hours a Solar Eclipse total “shadow period” lasts is equal to the length of time in years that its effects can last. So in this example case, Eclipse effects may "be triggered" at any time within the three and a half years following the 3 hours 33 minutes Solar eclipse of 20 May 2012 by any planet transiting/aspecting that particular eclipse degree. As well as that, eclipse effects can also occur during the weeks before the Eclipse if a transiting planet "triggers" the forthcoming Eclipse by conjuncting the forthcoming Eclipse degree

Although Lunar Eclipses are said to have an influence of up to six months their effects have been observed to last much longer. Unsurprisingly however, there is disagreement regarding the duration of effects of Eclipses in general, so the best advice is to observe the events of your own life as well as the lives of friends and family and then draw your own conclusions.
In general, astrologers agree that the prenatal eclipse degree is a “sensitive point” in your natal chart which rewards careful observation because your prenatal eclipse degree is potentially “active” for a lifetime

astro_novice

If eclipse hits at your sensitive points (MC, AC, or maybe inner planets), it's going to cause a substantial effect.

Once I had this hit my AC without knowing, and it totally "dimmed" on how I interact with the world. The interesting thing was that its effect started even before the eclipse took place. Also, you just can't use the standard orb/degrees on eclipse. Based on one of the book that I read if I remember correctly, it could be 6 months before and 6 months after the eclipse date. For me personally, it was something like 3 months before and after the date of eclipse. It lasts longer than any regular transits by planets.